*** Hearts Winter Transfer Thread - Henderson and Connor Smith loaned out***

dazajmbo

I'd take Paterson back. Would give us cover at RB, RWB, RM, RW, CB, CM and Striker. Most importantly would give a real aerial threat and physical presence. 

Think particularly with Smith declining, Paterson coming back to challenge Atkinson for RB would be a good shout. 

I'd like another winger too and possibly a CB as well. 

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BackOfTheNet

• Sooks

• Batistuta87

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tom Hardy’s Dug

We didn’t get enough players or the right quality on the summer window but in Jan window I’d be happy with 2 or 3 quality additions.

Defender, a goal scoring 10, and a pacy wide attacker/striker.

Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

Feels like Groundhog Day. 

Right sided Andy Halliday, defensively much sounder now as evidenced by him playing CB for Wednesday. I think he'd be a brilliant signing and help save a lot of headaches when injuries crop up. Take Shankland being our only fit striker atm. Absolutely no one wants to be seeing Hendo on the team sheet in a starting berth :D 

Completely get its exhausting, but the value he'd bring to the table is amazing. 

jamboinglasgow
20 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Christ we’re back on the Patterson train. 

Think there should be a new rule that no one links Paterson to Hearts unless a credible rumour or new story says we are interested. We have analysed the idea of coming to us in thousands of posts, we dont need any more.

Bazzas right boot
27 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'd take Paterson back. Would give us cover at RB, RWB, RM, RW, CB, CM and Striker. Most importantly would give a real aerial threat and physical presence. 

Think particularly with Smith declining, Paterson coming back to challenge Atkinson for RB would be a good shout. 

I'd like another winger too and possibly a CB as well. 

11 minutes ago, OTT said:

Right sided Andy Halliday, defensively much sounder now as evidenced by him playing CB for Wednesday. I think he'd be a brilliant signing and help save a lot of headaches when injuries crop up. Take Shankland being our only fit striker atm. Absolutely no one wants to be seeing Hendo on the team sheet in a starting berth :D 

Completely get its exhausting, but the value he'd bring to the table is amazing. 

If he'd be happy to take £2/£3k a week he'd be exactly that- a right sided,  more attacking Haliday. 

Would give us cover and option's and he'd be a great guy for team morale and he gets Hearts.

The problem would be if he wants more money and / or regular football guaranteed, he's just not good enough.

He could be a last minute signing once he's out of contract and exhausted his option's in the summer, I'll say he'll be back but only if no one else offers him regular football or more money than we are prepared ti offer.

He could get a english side chucking £5/6k at him.

2 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Dhanda at County.

He seems like a cracking player (basing my opinion from 90 minutes at the weekend).

When watching the RFS game it made me wonder what their wage bill is like , as the lad who smashed the bar looked a handful.

Leveins Battalion
5 minutes ago, Americana said:

He seems like a cracking player (basing my opinion from 90 minutes at the weekend).

When watching the RFS game it made me wonder what their wage bill is like , as the lad who smashed the bar looked a handful.

Yeah he looks like the thing we are missing,drops into the pockets,can whip a ball in.Only 23 aswell I'd offer GMS and some cash for him.😂

Was on a different level from the rest of that County team yesterday.

20 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Yeah he looks like the thing we are missing,drops into the pockets,can whip a ball in.Only 23 aswell I'd offer GMS and some cash for him.😂

Was on a different level from the rest of that County team yesterday.

Was he not linked with us in the summer, I'm sure he was mentioned as a possible target on here by some? Looked useful on Sunday.

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, feej said:

Was he not linked with us in the summer, I'm sure he was mentioned as a possible target on here by some? Looked useful on Sunday.

Linked and mentioned on here are two different kettles of fish. See Callum Paterson as an example

1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Linked and mentioned on here are two different kettles of fish. See Callum Paterson as an example

Yeah, you're right, let's go with mentioned. There was a chat about a Swansea midfielder, think it may have been him.

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, feej said:

Yeah,I believe we’re in for him in January and the Summer,also got told that Macgregor at County made him an unbelievable offer to go up there.

I think he is really good mates with Barrie Mackay ,kind of similar styles aswell with Dhanda maybe better in the 10 rather than the wing.

RustyRightPeg
Just now, feej said:

Yeah, you're right, let's go with mentioned. There was a chat about a Swansea midfielder, think it may have been him.

He was definitely mentioned for sure. I seen his name a few times. 

I personally couldn’t believe County got him. He must be costing them a few Bob. 

I personally couldn’t believe County got him. He must be costing them a few Bob. 

A wee swap deal with Grant going their way.

4 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Hope we add a couple in January but it's always a tough window.

From what I've seen in our League so far this season I like the look of Nouble,Armstrong at Killie and Dhanda at County.

Need to be aiming at better than what’s in our league excluding OF 

2 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Christ we’re back on the Patterson train. 

That train left the station and is now hopefully in a siding. 

41 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

He was linked with us for a while by the ITK-ers - and over several windows, too. If we've paid a fee and a chunky wage to Grant instead of getting Dhanda on a free and on a wage that Ross County can afford then I would be tempted to question why we did that. He certainly looked better yesterday than anything I've seen from Grant and looks like he would fit into the creative number 10 role we've been screaming out for as opposed to Grant being what I would call a number 8.  

Edited by Batistuta87

1 hour ago, Americana said:

Same as RCC looked last season.  Where is he now?   Maybe it’s easy to look good in a RC team. 

42 minutes ago, feej said:

If we want a Swansea midfielder it should be Jay Fulton.  Not sure we could afford him though. 

Leveins Battalion
21 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Need to be aiming at better than what’s in our league excluding OF 

Not sure about that,Halkett and Shankland have made the step up and kicked on.

I think any player under 25 that looks good we will be interested in.

Only a few I've seen so far against us I have been  impressed with,I thought Nouble killed us at the Toni Macaroni,been impressed with Baccus at St Mirren but thought Dhanda looked a cut above,whether he can do that consistently time will tell,but if he does I would guess he would be out our league then.

Dick Dastardly
22 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Same as RCC looked last season.  Where is he now?   Maybe it’s easy to look good in a RC team. 

14 appearances for Eupen in the Belgian top league. 2 goals 2 assists. Sitting 15th out of 18

Leveins Battalion
28 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

RCC is playing in the Belgian top division.

30 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

He was linked with us for a while by the ITK-ers - and over several windows, too. If we've paid a fee and a chunky wage to Grant instead of getting Dhanda on a free and on a wage that Ross County can afford then I would be tempted to question why we did that. He certainly looked better yesterday than anything I've seen from Grant and looks like he would fit into the creative number 10 role we've been screaming out for as opposed to Grant being what I would call a number 8.  

Think RC have been known to pay some funny wages to certain players from time to time. 

RustyRightPeg
44 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Playing every week in a better league than ours by all accounts. 

15 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Not sure it’s much better than ours to be honest. And he is in a relegation battle by the looks of it 

1 minute ago, Barack said:

So was Shankland. Doesn't look like it's done him much harm, tbf.

If anything, their coach making him play out of position mostly, in his time abroad, has added to his overall game.

Not sure if Shankland would have got a move if it hadn’t been for his previous with Neilson.  We didn’t seem to have any competition for him 

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

The league that our top goal scorer struggled in and got relegated from? Definitely a better league I think.

10 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Not sure it’s much better than ours to be honest. And he is in a relegation battle by the looks of it 

Looks a bit like a carbon copy of the Shankland move. 

Wonder if we'll be in for him in a seasons time? :D 

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The league that our top goal scorer struggled in and got relegated from? Definitely a better league I think.

He was playing for by far the worst team in the league, Ross Countyish. 

RustyRightPeg
19 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Not sure if Shankland would have got a move if it hadn’t been for his previous with Neilson.  We didn’t seem to have any competition for him 

Are you dressed up as the grinch for Halloween? You’ve been spouting nothing but negativity for about 2 hours now

Are you dressed up as the grinch for Halloween? You’ve been spouting nothing but negativity for about 2 hours now

No I haven’t, you have just been following the wrong threads💀👻☠️

1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

To be honest the posts that always come up after a player plays well against us do get a bit repetitive- he was great - we need to sign him. I’m not one for talking about us getting to the ‘next level’ either but given the funds we now have available signing players from teams near the bottom of the league in Scotland seems like a wasted opportunity. Other than Halkett and Soutar I can’t think of any other signings we have made from other Scottish clubs recently that have really improved our team and even then I’m not convinced that we couldn’t have found better than Halkett. We really need to spend the money on guys who will bring something new and different to Scottish football even if, at a minimum, it’s not the attitude that the OF always win things. 

Leveins Battalion
4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

To be honest the posts that always come up after a player plays well against us do get a bit repetitive- he was great - we need to sign him. I’m not one for talking about us getting to the ‘next level’ either but given the funds we now have available signing players from teams near the bottom of the league in Scotland seems like a wasted opportunity. Other than Halkett and Soutar I can’t think of any other signings we have made from other Scottish clubs recently that have really improved our team and even then I’m not convinced that we couldn’t have found better than Halkett. We really need to spend the money on guys who will bring something new and different to Scottish football even if, at a minimum, it’s not the attitude that the OF always win things. 

Some of the best signings we have ever made have come from lesser teams within Scottish Football.

There is gems everywhere,Andy Webster came from Arbroath,Hartley was in the 1st Division, Cameron at Raith Rovers.

We have been burned with the John McGinn deal,pretty clear he wanted to come to Hearts,however we went down the foreigner route with El Hassenoui and Kenny Anderson,Pallardo.I know which player I would of rather of signed, and he player for a team "near the bottom of the league in Scotland"....

1 hour ago, Carter said:

Think RC have been known to pay some funny wages to certain players from time to time. 

Owner pays it out of his own pocket for specific players. 

5 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Some of the best signings we have ever made have come from lesser teams within Scottish Football.

There is gems everywhere,Andy Webster came from Arbroath,Hartley was in the 1st Division, Cameron at Raith Rovers.

We have been burned with the John McGinn deal,pretty clear he wanted to come to Hearts,however we went down the foreigner route with El Hassenoui and Kenny Anderson,Pallardo.I know which player I would of rather of signed, and he player for a team "near the bottom of the league in Scotland"....

Osh Martin....

Naisys Tackle
23 hours ago, Bauld said:

That would be very unlikely.

He'll be getting a much bigger paycheck than we can afford.

Unless he wants to move back to Scotland for whatever reason. 

Can be lured by European football. 

Call ups to play Internationals.

Potentially win trophies (potentially I said)

I don't see us getting him by financial means alone.

No chance hes coming back up here. 

51 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

They were generations ago though. Scottish football is in a completely different place nowadays. 

46 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

No chance hes coming back up here. 

You never know.  Nearly 28 by next summer so one last decent contract to be signed.  If he was to be near the top of our wage structure and we offered a three year deal he would probably have to think about it.  Much also depends on family etc and how strong the desire to move back to Scotland is. 

54 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

The McGinn one is a really bad one. I would like to see us looking at the Championship or bottom end Premiership for any young talent we think can make the step up. We're probably already doing that tbf, Lewis Neilson is proof of that but there are probably more we could snap up too. 

Dylan Reid and Jay Henderson at St Mirren both seem to be highly rated and out of contract at the end of the season, fair enough will need to pay a development fee, but worth it for the right player? Dylan Levitt and Archie Meekison are both out of contract at the end of next season too. 

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

You never know.  Nearly 28 by next summer so one last decent contract to be signed.  If he was to be near the top of our wage structure and we offered a three year deal he would probably have to think about it.  Much also depends on family etc and how strong the desire to move back to Scotland is. 

True.  If he hasn't an urgent desire to return he will be looking for one last big payday down there for me.  Hope its true though the guys someone I've always rated.  

My team Molenbeek are now owned by the Crystal Palace owners and after watching them dismantle Lierse with ease last night and Beveren the week before I think they will be in the Jupiler next season.  Some really decent players who would be worth a scouting visit

Jake O Brien RCB Ireland

Luis Oyama Centre Midfield Japanese 

Challouk Left Wing Belgian

Biron Striker/10 Martinique blistering pace

4 hours ago, Carter said:

They'll only have a handful on more than £1-1.5k pw but they might have made exception of course. Looks a very good player and won't be there long IMO. Don't know if I'd go as far as to say that we've missed out but he certainly looks a tidy wee player. 

Edited by Batistuta87

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to *** Hearts Winter Transfer Thread - Henderson and Connor Smith loaned out***