*** Hearts Winter Transfer Thread - Henderson and Connor Smith loaned out***

dazajmbo

2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

We went for him in the summer. Have a feeling he'll be a Hearts player eventually. Obviously not good enough to play on the continent unless he drops a league, not good enough for Celtic and too expensive for anyone else. A matter of time I feel.

Loan deal until the end of the season. 

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BackOfTheNet

• Sooks

• Batistuta87

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

gorgierulesapply88
4 hours ago, luckydug said:

A disgrace you are still on this board. 

I mean he's no wrong he's built like a butchers pencil. And shows little to nothing in games. Much like mckay of late although we all know he has something in the locker

23 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

While it is extreme, I’d ask the question:

which signings made by us have increased in value during their time here, or made us significant money?

Sow, Hickey, Mulraney (ironically) in terms of transfer fees although we may have sold a few more that were undisclosed.

Recently, Halkett, Souttar, Kingsley, Cochrane, Devlin, Beni (pre-injury), Simms, McKay have all increased in value IMO. You could argue Atkinson too who is now being recognised internationally also.

No transfers should even he considered until we go on a winning run of games.

We have a squad of 28 player's.

That is more than good enough. 

Let's try and get something out of them.

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

No transfers should even he considered until we go on a winning run of games.

We have a squad of 28 player's.

That is more than good enough. 

Let's try and get something out of them.

So a hypothetical situation - we can’t win games with the players available so don’t sign any more?

your logic is ****ed bruv. 

Holyrood_Hearts
23 hours ago, The Tackle said:

Deary me. You need some time off mate

You have to wonder why some bother following the club with this attitude.

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

So a hypothetical situation - we can’t win games with the players available so don’t sign any more?

No we have to get rid before bringing in, and maybe we can't win games, because of who the team is managed by his 3rd year in charge.

My argument those are the player's he wanted we have paid £350k on kio ,let's see what he can get from them.

Rather than throwing money at it like levein. 

How big a squad do we want ?

This is getting like hibs tbh.

Edited by Bongo 1874

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

No we have to get rid before bringing in, and maybe we can't win games, because of who the team is managed by his 3rd year in charge.

My argument those are the player's he wanted we have paid £350k on kio ,let's see what he can get from them.

Rather than throwing money at it like levein. 

It might well be the managers fault we are doing shite. I’ve commented frequently about his ineptitude but he won’t be sacked by the next window. 

**** chucking half a season away to prove your point, which is - he’s made his bed so he can lie in it 

Edited by GinRummy

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Just a general question, do we have the 3rd best squad in Scotland.

Just now, GinRummy said:

It might well be the managers fault we are doing shite. I’ve commented frequently about his ineptitude but he won’t be sacked by the next window. 

**** chucking half a season away to prove your point, which is - he’s made his bed so he can lie in it 

This is going down the exact same road as levein again, throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks. 

The games up the player's are more than good enough to finish 3rd place.

I don't want anymore spent until I see a massive improvement in player performance ,and management. 

I believe so but any manager will do better with better players. Like I said, your suggestion could costs us points. I’ll never back that and nor would any reasonable minded fan. Imo of course. 

Holyrood_Hearts
4 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

We went for him in the summer. Have a feeling he'll be a Hearts player eventually. Obviously not good enough to play on the continent unless he drops a league, not good enough for Celtic and too expensive for anyone else. A matter of time I feel.

I thought you were talking about Jack Hendry but hasn’t he just moved from Belgian league to Serie A

This is going down the exact same road as levein again, throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks. 

The games up the player's are more than good enough to finish 3rd place.

I don't want anymore spent until I see a massive improvement in player performance ,and management. 

So suppose we don’t sign anyone, finish 6th and the board back Robbie for next season. Not an impossible scenario imo. 

What good does that do anyone. 

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Yip, has that feeling about him.

English championship could beckon tho.

7 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

I thought you were talking about Jack Hendry but hasn’t he just moved from Belgian league to Serie A

I am talking about Jack Hendry. He was made available on loan in the summer and we put our hat in the ring but then so did Cremonese and understandably he went there. 

Edited by Batistuta87

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

So suppose we don’t sign anyone, finish 6th and the board back Robbie for next season. Not an impossible scenario imo. 

What good does that do anyone. 

You're a decent poster ,so I won't take it out on you.

Before we sign anymore player's,  maybe the club should sort out it's identity, of what the football club actually is .

Because I really don't understand what we are as a club anymore. 

What is our identity. 

Neilson doesn't know or have one.

Look at Newcastle with Eddie Howe , okay they have spent money , but it's the basis of the same squad that was there under Bruce , what has the guy changed from Bruce, they have turned into an attacking team. 

They press teams and are relentless. 

Intensity is there identity, its all over home dressing room walls at the ground and training.

Robbie has good players let's see what he can do with the ones he has got.

FelU_cHWQAAC9FW.jpeg

Samuel Camazzola

Connor Ronan has recently dropped out of the Wolves matchday squads. At his age he needs to be playing and based on how he performed for St Mirren, would be a useful addition. 

5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You're a decent poster ,so I won't take it out on you.

Before we sign anymore player's,  maybe the club should sort out it's identity, of what the football club actually is .

Because I really don't understand what we are as a club anymore. 

What is our identity. 

Neilson doesn't know or have one.

Look at Newcastle with Eddie Howe , okay they have spent money , but it's the basis of the same squad that was there under Bruce , what has the guy changed from Bruce, they have turned into an attacking team. 

They press teams and are relentless. 

Intensity is there identity, its all over home dressing room walls at the ground and training.

Robbie has good players let's see what he can do with the ones he has got.

FelU_cHWQAAC9FW.jpeg

Aye but if Neilson is as bad as you’re saying then you’re literally chucking away half a season by not signing anyone to improve the team. 

not for me. 

26 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

When all fully fit, yes.

We are missing nearly 50% of our starting lineup at the moment.

We need to replace these.

1 minute ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Connor Ronan has recently dropped out of the Wolves matchday squads. At his age he needs to be playing and based on how he performed for St Mirren, would be a useful addition. 

Don't dispute that but he will cost a fee.

We are overloaded with defensive midfielders, grant is our attacking midfielder.

Along with Halliday , Neilson wanted them .

Pollock and Smith never get a chance, brought on when the game is dead.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Aye but if Neilson is as bad as you’re saying then you’re literally chucking away half a season by not signing anyone to improve the team. 

not for me. 

That's on Budge and whoever gave him his new deal, she gave him it so in my opinion it should come out her pocket.

2 minutes ago, spacerjoe said:

When all fully fit, yes.

We have injury prone player's the management and club ,have been aware of this since they joined us.

It was the same under levein maybe it's the way they are getting trained etc.

Or it could be down to just bad luck i guess .

Regardless we have a squad of 28 player's. 

So there's no excuse.

This is a better squad than both levein and stendel had, 3yrs of player's he wanted he's virtually replaced the whole team .

7 minutes ago, spacerjoe said:

When all fully fit, yes.

He has also never worked under financial constraints, due to a previous manager blowing the budget .

Budge has backed him he's never worked under a 1 in 1 out approach.

Much more does the guy want?

6 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I imagine I share the opinion of the majority of our fanbase when it comes to Robbie. I am fully aware that majority opinions are not welcome by a section of our society as they prefer the minority mob rule.

You certainly don’t   You are in a minority   

Samuel Camazzola
8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Don't dispute that but he will cost a fee.

We are overloaded with defensive midfielders, grant is our attacking midfielder.

Along with Halliday , Neilson wanted them .

Pollock and Smith never get a chance, brought on when the game is dead.

I'd anticipate he's on a decent wage too. A loan would be achievable but more attractive options would likely be on the table. 

11 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

That's on Budge and whoever gave him his new deal, she gave him it so in my opinion it should come out her pocket.

It won’t though. We are still due her 3 million quid. I get the reasoning of your post but you need to be pragmatic. 

Edited by GinRummy

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

We have injury prone player's the management and club ,have been aware of this since they joined us.

It was the same under levein maybe it's the way they are getting trained etc.

Or it could be down to just bad luck i guess .

Regardless we have a squad of 28 player's. 

So there's no excuse.

This is a better squad than both levein and stendel had, 3yrs of player's he wanted he's virtually replaced the whole team .

Any team who loses nearly half their first choice 11 will struggle.

The ones who are injured are the players he wanted, hence why I said starting 11.

If these guys don't come back, then we need to make signings.

In any case, you should always be improving the squad. We can always get better.

5 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

He won the league in Belgium last season I think   If so, clearly good enough to play on the continent 

£7k pw won’t come near his wages though  

43 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Do you really want him sacked by the next window? 

He has also never worked under financial constraints, due to a previous manager blowing the budget .

Budge has backed him he's never worked under a 1 in 1 out approach.

Much more does the guy want?

Of course he has constraints!

List the players in and out in the summer and let us know the difference in squad size year on year.

Knowing that we needed a larger squad to cope with Europe most would say we left ourselves short in a couple of areas.

39 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Yes with a league winners medal in his suitcase  

1 minute ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I'd anticipate he's on a decent wage too. A loan would be achievable but more attractive options would likely be on the table. 

You say more attractive options mate ,but Connor Ronan is an upgrade to what we have attacking wise say.

We play 4231 with a midfield two of Beni and Devlin, with Ronan just behind the Hump that's as good a midfield as any it offers energy, defensive structure and a threat on the break he's a very clever player Ronan, his performance against the old firm always stood out for me, and that goal he scored at tynecastle well just wow.

This is not a dig at Robbie or club but should we have paid £350k for Ronan instead of kio , I hope kio turns out to be outstanding.

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Do you really want him sacked by the next window? 

He needs to do better. It’s all very well sticking to a system but if you don’t have the players to play it then you change your plan to suit the players. We were vulnerable with two centre mids last season but with better defenders. The fact he’s failed to pad out the midfield and insists on playing two wide players every game has cost us any semblance of a chance in bigger games. 

I’m not sure we should have someone so stupid in charge. 

9 minutes ago, spacerjoe said:

Of course he has constraints!

List the players in and out in the summer and let us know the difference in squad size year on year.

Knowing that we needed a larger squad to cope with Europe most would say we left ourselves short in a couple of areas.

We have a squad of 28 player's, we just signed a player who played English Championship football last season.

How much more does he need ?

And didn't he know that we needed a centre back ,did nobody tell him souttar was leaving ?

We just paid 350k for kio but still brought in snodgrass? Very scattergun approach if you ask me.

Why couldn't player's like Mighten and Anderson, be convinced to come to the club on loan.

Might it be they didn't want to work under our management, and there clubs advised them.

Edited by Bongo 1874

11 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

You certainly don’t   You are in a minority   

To be fair no-one knows if it’s minority or majority want him out. The support is certainly split and suppose you will get a feeling on the guys you go with to the matches. I want him out but he will be going nowhere at least until end of season anyway and even then I’m not confident the board would get shot. 

I don’t mind robbie as a person and always sticks up for the club, I just don’t think he has it to try and get us closer to the weegies. 

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He won the league in Belgium last season I think   If so, clearly good enough to play on the continent 

£7k pw won’t come near his wages though  

Dropped for the 2nd half of the season with Brugge and papped out on loan when the window opened. Suggests he's not good enough for them. Played his debut for Cremonese in Sept, benched the next game then hasn't been seen since, suggests not good enough for them. And when I say on the continent I mean the major leagues like Italy, Germany, France, Spain. Of course he could play in Switzerland etc. But aye, can see him coming home next year whether it be on loan or otherwise. 2.5y left on his contract with Brugge so a loan will be our only hope. 

We have a squad of 28 player's, we just signed a player who played English Championship football last season.

How much more do he need ?

And didn't he know that we needed a centre back ,did nobody tell him souttar was leaving ?

We have 4 CBs, plus Kingsley who can play there. If you're complaining that our squad is too big, then how many CBs do you think we need?

More than 5?

Once again, our starting 2 CBs were injured at the same time.

Nobody 'plans' to lose their starting CB pairing at the same time.

28 players is not that many. That's only 2 in each position, plus a 3rd keeper and 5 youngsters.

18 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

We just paid 350k for kio but still brought in snodgrass? Very scattergun approach if you ask me.

Why couldn't player's like Mighten and Anderson, be convinced to come to the club on loan.

Might it be they didn't want to work under our management, and there clubs advised them.

That is one of the most pathetic statements I’ve read on this forum and that takes some doing.

We get it, you don’t like Robbie but stop making up shite like this and wind your neck in.

1 minute ago, Finlay James said:

That is one of the most pathetic statements I’ve read on this forum and that takes some doing.

We get it, you don’t like Robbie but stop making up shite like this and wind your neck in.

The grammar is god awful, like a child has written his posts tbh. And that’s before we talk about the content.

I spoke to many Jambos in both Pisa and Florence this week and all bar one felt the same as me re: Robbie.

His one supporter thought getting the best out of your players week in week out is not in a managers remit. Each to their own.

Bazzas right boot
39 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

My god you talk some utter pish.

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I spoke to many Jambos in both Pisa and Florence this week and all bar one felt the same as me re: Robbie.

His one supporter thought getting the best out of your players week in week out is not in a managers remit. Each to their own.

Cool story.

I spoke to loads of supporters at Tynecastle a few weeks ago (remember that place?) and none wanted Robbie gone.

kingantti1874
42 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

probably not no. Making shit up in that head of yours again 

40 minutes ago, spacerjoe said:

We have 4 CBs, plus Kingsley who can play there. If you're complaining that our squad is too big, then how many CBs do you think we need?

More than 5?

Once again, our starting 2 CBs were injured at the same time.

Nobody 'plans' to lose their starting CB pairing at the same time.

28 players is not that many. That's only 2 in each position, plus a 3rd keeper and 5 youngsters.

You're the one complaining about injuries etc need more player's. 

It's crap and just another pathetic excuse.

31 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Player's will sign for clubs they feel welcome at,  and believe they can further develop there careers,we had European football on offer this year who did we attract ?

Mighten has already said he joined Sheffield Wed ,because of the style of play attacking football. 

Do we not play attacking football ?🙄.

I'll let you answer that for what it's worth though in my opinion we are very much a hoofball team ,and when we do try play we aren't really good at it ,could this be down to management i think so.

Neilson said we need to press more and not allow better Player's ,time and space.

Unfortunately it's taken him 3yrs to realise this lightbulb moment.

I've been saying that, since I joined this forum 🤣.

I find it funny how I also said we need a left sided midfield player and backup goalkeeper. 

The left sided midfield player was needed due to all centre midfield players being right footed , he did try play Halliday in there, but against better teams he gets shown up.

I was criticised for saying we needed balance in the centre ,a left footed player that would allow us to play forward instead of the right sided player taking an age to get it on to his stronger foot ,obvious weakness yet no-one else brought it up.

Then is was criticised for saying we need a goalkeeper that will push Gordon,  the quote I got back impossible no goalkeeper will want to be backup to Gordon that is half decent.

Well how did that work out 😉 I know people from the Club are watching Me.

I don't hate Robbie, as I said thanks for the memories but it's time to go.

What I can tell you I consider myself to be a better right back than he ever was.

And I've played the game.

Edited by Bongo 1874

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

It crap and just another pathetic excuse.

I'm not complaining about anything.

You said we shouldn't sign anyone in the next window.

I said we should as we have 8 or 9 players out injured and 5 of them are in our starting 11.

Also, I said we should always be looking to improve the squad. Every window.

None of these points are complaints or excuses for anything. Simply opinions.

Not sure why you're calling me pathetic for voicing a differing opinion to your own.

24 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

My god you talk some utter pish.

And with that I'm out ,you seem to be able to abuse any poster you want on here, rather than debate sad really.

I'll leave you too it , I really hope we get a win because I don't want to see you clogging up the matchday thread, doing you're best impersonation of Fireman Sam.

But just incase get the water on and the hose at the ready.

Factoid.

7 minutes ago, spacerjoe said:

I'm not complaining about anything.

You said we shouldn't sign anyone in the next window.

I said we should as we have 8 or 9 players out injured and 5 of them are in our starting 11.

Also, I said we should always be looking to improve the squad. Every window.

None of these points are complaints or excuses for anything. Simply opinions.

Not sure why you're calling me pathetic for voicing a differing opinion to your own.

We have a squad of 28 player's that enough to field two 11 a side teams plus 6 subs how many more do we need ? And what positions. 

We aren't becoming Hibs are we ?

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

We have a squad of 28 player's that enough to field two 11 a side teams plus 6 subs how many more do we need ? And what positions. 

We aren't becoming Hibs are we ?

Players can also leave the squad in the next window, just as many left in the summer.

We can also get loans to cover injured players.

28 is a very normal squad size for a club competing in Europe.

For example, Celtic have 27 and Rangers have 32.

23 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

It's crap and just another pathetic excuse.

Player's will sign for clubs they feel welcome at,  and believe they can further develop there careers,we had European football on offer this year who did we attract ?

Mighten has already said he joined Sheffield Wed ,because of the style of play attacking football. 

Do we not play attacking football ?🙄.

I'll let you answer that for what it's worth though in my opinion we are very much a hoofball team ,and when we do try play we aren't really good at it ,could this be down to management i think so.

Neilson said we need to press more and not allow better Player's ,time and space.

Unfortunately it's taken him 3yrs to realise this lightbulb moment.

I've been saying that, since I joined this forum 🤣.

I find it funny how I also said we need a left sided midfield player and backup goalkeeper. 

The left sided midfield player was needed due to all centre midfield players being right footed , he did try play Halliday in there, but against better teams he gets shown up.

I was criticised for saying we needed balance in the centre ,a left footed player that would allow us to play forward instead of the right sided player taking an age to get it on to his stronger foot ,obvious weakness yet no-one else brought it up.

Then is was criticised for saying we need a goalkeeper that will push Gordon,  the quote I got back impossible no goalkeeper will want to be backup to Gordon that is half decent.

Well how did that work out 😉 I know people from the Club are watching Me.

I don't hate Robbie, as I said thanks for the memories but it's time to go.

What I can tell you I consider myself to be a better right back than he ever was.

And I've played the game.

People from the club are watching you?  

10 minutes ago, spacerjoe said:

Players can also leave the squad in the next window, just as many left in the summer.

We can also get loans to cover injured players.

28 is a very normal squad size for a club competing in Europe.

For example, Celtic have 27 and Rangers have 32.

I might be wrong ,but didn't posters knock the pish out of hibs for having a large squad.

My apologies if anyone is bipolar on this site.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to *** Hearts Winter Transfer Thread - Henderson and Connor Smith loaned out***