*** Hearts Winter Transfer Thread - Henderson and Connor Smith loaned out***

dazajmbo

Can folk please stop quoting Bodo2021? 🙏🏻

The greyed out spamming is plenty. 

Please don’t encourage him. 

him, JIH and I8 run screaming from logic. They totally vibe on negative attention.

Ignore them and they’ll go away.
🤞🙏🏻👍

50C659F4-C094-4E03-8D5C-089801614458.jpeg

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BackOfTheNet

• Sooks

• Batistuta87

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

To be fair no-one knows if it’s minority or majority want him out. The support is certainly split and suppose you will get a feeling on the guys you go with to the matches. I want him out but he will be going nowhere at least until end of season anyway and even then I’m not confident the board would get shot. 

I don’t mind robbie as a person and always sticks up for the club, I just don’t think he has it to try and get us closer to the weegies. 

I come into contact with a lot of ou support and I honestly don’t know anyone who supports him as manager,  I think it’s a majority that agree that he doesn’t have what it takes. 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

People from the club are watching you?  

I hope someone is watching him.

Dick Dastardly
2 minutes ago, CMc said:

Can folk please stop quoting Bodo2021? 🙏🏻

The greyed out spamming is plenty. 

Please don’t encourage him. 

him, JIH and I8 run screaming from logic. They totally vibe on negative attention.

Ignore them and they’ll go away.
🤞🙏🏻👍

50C659F4-C094-4E03-8D5C-089801614458.jpeg

Funnily enough, i have those three on ignore too

Jack Hendry is definitely someone I'd love us to sign. I believe there was some interest in the summer.  Transfer fee I'd imagine would be too big for us. Not sure he would take as big as pay cut as we would be able to offer. 

If it was to have ways to be realistic and affordable I'd be delighted. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, spacerjoe said:

We have 4 CBs, plus Kingsley who can play there. If you're complaining that our squad is too big, then how many CBs do you think we need?

More than 5?

Once again, our starting 2 CBs were injured at the same time.

Nobody 'plans' to lose their starting CB pairing at the same time.

28 players is not that many. That's only 2 in each position, plus a 3rd keeper and 5 youngsters.

We do have a lot of versatile players though, we’ve now had 9 players play CB this season.

Not one outfield player has played in the same position every time they’ve played. How can they get any semblance of form or create relationships as a team?

21 minutes ago, spacerjoe said:

Players can also leave the squad in the next window, just as many left in the summer.

We can also get loans to cover injured players.

28 is a very normal squad size for a club competing in Europe.

For example, Celtic have 27 and Rangers have 32.

It's fine we will leave it at that, you're right I'm wrong.

I'm far too negative ,and the solution is to spend our way out of trouble.

I'm on board now .

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Jack Hendry is definitely someone I'd love us to sign. I believe there was some interest in the summer.  Transfer fee I'd imagine would be too big for us. Not sure he would take as big as pay cut as we would be able to offer. 

Me too but I think it was a loan anyway, although they won the league they obviously have upgraded there and have now qualified for the knockout stages of the CL. 

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

He needs to do better. It’s all very well sticking to a system but if you don’t have the players to play it then you change your plan to suit the players. We were vulnerable with two centre mids last season but with better defenders. The fact he’s failed to pad out the midfield and insists on playing two wide players every game has cost us any semblance of a chance in bigger games. 

I’m not sure we should have someone so stupid in charge. 

Wasn’t his job to ‘pad out the midfield’ though was it?   He knew he needed more midfield/forward players, he said publicly he wanted them, he didn’t get them. 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Wasn’t his job to ‘pad out the midfield’ though was it?   He knew he needed more midfield/forward players, he said publicly he wanted them, he didn’t get them. 

I was talking about individual games. Namely Rangers then fiorentina when he decided to allow our opponents to be on top of our makeshift defence by playing a two man central midfield with two anonymous wide players. Down two goals by halftime and he just serves us up more if the same. Pathetic. 

2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Dropped for the 2nd half of the season with Brugge and papped out on loan when the window opened. Suggests he's not good enough for them. Played his debut for Cremonese in Sept, benched the next game then hasn't been seen since, suggests not good enough for them. And when I say on the continent I mean the major leagues like Italy, Germany, France, Spain. Of course he could play in Switzerland etc. But aye, can see him coming home next year whether it be on loan or otherwise. 2.5y left on his contract with Brugge so a loan will be our only hope. 

30 league games last season when winning the championship.  Played in title clincher. 
He just doesn’t get on with their new manager.
Continent is the continent, you don’t get to change the boundaries. 

58 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We do have a lot of versatile players though, we’ve now had 9 players play CB this season.

Not one outfield player has played in the same position every time they’ve played. How can they get any semblance of form or create relationships as a team?

Yep, I don't disagree there.

How we've handled the injury situation could have been a lot better.

jamboinglasgow

I know its too early but would love if there was info on who we are going for in January (even if it was vague.) I would hope we are moving early to get deals done. I do think that we will sign 1 or 2  players in January (more if people go.) Still hoping we are signing Seung-Woo (certainly from Joe Savages comments and the interview I saw of him last month, it seem more likely) but would love to see a South Korean or Japanese player come in.

58 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

It's fine we will leave it at that, you're right I'm wrong.

I'm far too negative ,and the solution is to spend our way out of trouble.

I'm on board now .

People can have different opinions it's fine.

I don't think we should spend our way out of trouble either, but there's no reason why we can't let players go who aren't good enough and bring new ones in if we can afford to.

1 hour ago, dazajmbo said:

Was def interest over the summer. Like you I dont see a way to do it but if we found a way there is a good upside i think

7 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I know its too early but would love if there was info on who we are going for in January (even if it was vague.) I would hope we are moving early to get deals done. I do think that we will sign 1 or 2  players in January (more if people go.) Still hoping we are signing Seung-Woo (certainly from Joe Savages comments and the interview I saw of him last month, it seem more likely) but would love to see a South Korean or Japanese player come in.

Planning for Jan would have started long before now bud. Chances of much making it out to us is slim these days. Theres prob 3/4 on here now that post good info. Kind of like it to be fair. 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Definitely need something a bit different, an unknown to the duffers in our league. 
I suppose we will need to wait until January to see what other area we might need to strengthen. 

jamboinglasgow
Just now, sadj said:

Planning for Jan would have started long before now bud. Chances of much making it out to us is slim these days. Theres prob 3/4 on here now that post good info. Kind of like it to be fair. 

Wasn't meaning planning, was meaning more looking to put bids or contracts in before window happened (think that happened with Atkinson before this years January window.)

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Yep, but side-tracked by Browns departure.  Hopefully Joe’s hiring is good and completed quickly so that they get working for Jan 1. Need to do much than August 

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Wasn't meaning planning, was meaning more looking to put bids or contracts in before window happened (think that happened with Atkinson before this years January window.)

Didn’t articulate it well, sorry, was meaning the planning will have long since started and anything like that we are unlikely to even get a whiff of nowadays. Makes it more exciting and makes this place hilarious I suppose. 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Definitely need something a bit different, an unknown to the duffers in our league. 
I suppose we will need to wait until January to see what other area we might need to strengthen. 

Maybe the magician from Asia will finally turn up?   I’m not holding my breath though. 

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, sadj said:

Didn’t articulate it well, sorry, was meaning the planning will have long since started and anything like that we are unlikely to even get a whiff of nowadays. Makes it more exciting and makes this place hilarious I suppose. 

Fair enough, yeah I agree it makes it more exciting but it can make the summer window feel so long (but rather we hear nothing for weeks on end if it means we sign the best players, rather than getting info on exciting players that fall through due to other clubs swooping in.)

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Yep, but side-tracked by Browns departure.  Hopefully Joe’s hiring is good and completed quickly so that they get working for Jan 1. Need to do much than August 

Speculate to accumulate could be the way to go. Difficult one though isnt it. We obviously targeted higher than we achieved in the summer and it left us in a tough place. The quality over quantity is great but we need to maybe loosen the pay structure a bit to get those ones over the line in future. Def need to go all out for Europe again that could really set us apart. Aberdeen and Hibs got some good income from players and we are behind the curve there. It negated the impact of European money a bit. Lyle Langley is a ****ing tosser though hopefully he pisses others at Aberdeen off the way he did when he got banned from there and scuttles off back to the US. Hibs have been very scattergun and I really cant figure out what to make of them. We need to build on the platform we gave ourselves. There is quality in our signings. Kio, Humphrys, Rowles, Neilson and Shankland (his effort on Thursday showed how natural he is up front) but a lot of inconsistency and some players are not performing where they need to be. Having the quality over quantity is great but that means some have less pressure on them to keep their place and thats never a good thing either. 

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Fair enough, yeah I agree it makes it more exciting but it can make the summer window feel so long (but rather we hear nothing for weeks on end if it means we sign the best players, rather than getting info on exciting players that fall through due to other clubs swooping in.)

We have targeted some wild names over the last few years some of which have come out on here. We are really in a difficult space signing wise though. Europe can help but that needs to be a regular thing before players will come for that and slightly less pay. Right now all this our budget is x y or z is not overly relevant its the same market as Aberdeen, Hibs and Utd. 

jamboinglasgow
7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I suspect our targets for January have already been identified prior to Brown's departure. Closing date for the new roles was yesterday, would suspect the club would look to have a person in place by the end of the month, meaning two months of scouting. And considering the ability of those we have hired, I am confident we will have the right people in the job, (just look what the recruitment team did last season having only come in half way through the Summer window.)

26 minutes ago, spacerjoe said:

People can have different opinions it's fine.

I don't think we should spend our way out of trouble either, but there's no reason why we can't let players go who aren't good enough and bring new ones in if we can afford to.

This club will be the death of Me.

Hopefully 3 points and a happy way to end weekend.

If you are going I know you will push us on, stay safe all the best 👍.

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

This club will be the death of Me.

Hopefully 3 points and a happy way to end weekend.

If you are going I know you will push us on, stay safe all the best 👍.

Haha, for sure, the death of us all!

11 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Your "Bob" patter is brutal. As is continually patting Neilson on the back for winning a semi pro league with a budget that blows all other clubs out the water.

Your Saint Savage patter is much worse 

RN watched Jorge Grant and rated him  highly enough to pay a fee for him…..

I wouldn’t let him sign anymore players on a permanent deal.

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

30 league games last season when winning the championship.  Played in title clincher. 
He just doesn’t get on with their new manager.
Continent is the continent, you don’t get to change the boundaries. 

He never played 30 league games. He played 25, of which 22 were starts. Came on as a sub 3x and was an unused sub for 7 of their last 10 games. If he was good enough for them he would still be there and they wouldn't have been offering him out on loan. One way or another, they've decided he's not worth keeping..

And don't be pedantic. When people refer to playing football "on the continent" they mean exactly the leagues I mention. Geographically speaking the Lichtenstein league is "on the continent" but that's not what the reference means.

Voice of reason
8 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

RN watched Jorge Grant and rated him  highly enough to pay a fee for him…..

I wouldn’t let him sign anymore players on a permanent deal.

That’s very selective. RN also signed players that got us third and into a Scottish Cup final last season. Not every signing will work out for a multitude of reasons. Robbie’s squad will probably finish 3rd this season as well. Most of us knew it would be a matter of staying in touch until the World Cup and then pulling away from the rest afterwards, once Europe was out the way. The injuries to key players, especially our two first choice centre backs, has also been very unlucky. His signings, on the whole, have been the best outside of the old firm over the last 18 months. Hopefully we also make some good signings in January to absolutely cement another European place. 

15 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

If his Italy move doesn't look to work out, could that help put him into our sphere financially? A loan deal could be something worth investigating? From Bruges perspective, some consistent game time here will put him on the radar of clubs down south. 

Could be something worth looking at in January, if the Italian team aren't going to play him, his being there is pointless. 

Leveins Battalion

January is now massive for Robbie and Savage.

We need to clear the decks and increase the quality,for me Stewart,Smith,GMS,Gino,Haring could all go.

Of the newer players Grant,Kio and Shankland need to show massive improvement.

We need 3 or 4 of the quality of Gordon,Halkett,Benny etc.

On 15/10/2022 at 22:56, Batistuta87 said:

He never played 30 league games. He played 25, of which 22 were starts. Came on as a sub 3x and was an unused sub for 7 of their last 10 games. If he was good enough for them he would still be there and they wouldn't have been offering him out on loan. One way or another, they've decided he's not worth keeping..

And don't be pedantic. When people refer to playing football "on the continent" they mean exactly the leagues I mention. Geographically speaking the Lichtenstein league is "on the continent" but that's not what the reference means.

Depends which stats site you look at. 

4 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

January is now massive for Robbie and Savage.

We need to clear the decks and increase the quality,for me Stewart,Smith,GMS,Gino,Haring could all go.

Of the newer players Grant,Kio and Shankland need to show massive improvement.

We need 3 or 4 of the quality of Gordon,Halkett,Benny etc.

100%

The January window is notoriously difficult so I think we'll struggle to get that level of quality in - but we do need to bring in at least two bodies I would say. 

A centre back (which we should have signed in the summer and shouldn't have gambled on everyone staying fit) and a creative attacking mid (since Grant doesn't look like a consistent first 11 type) would do me. 

Would be excellent if we're still going to go for the Korean lad who keeps coming up, and I'd really like us to go all out to secure a solid CB.

Jack Whatmough is in the last year of his contract at Wigan and at 29 has a good amount of time left in him. Big Kevin Long at Burnley although 32 now would be a fantastic addition as a senior player to help Neilson and Sibbick, Liam Lindsay at Preston, Alfie Jones at Hull, big John Guthrie who was at Livi with Halkett... Jack Fitzwater at Livi, Alex Iacovitti at RC, and even that big fud Ryan Edwards at Dundee Utd all in the same boat if we wanted someone from the league. 

These are all realistically obtainable players and we need to not **** about this window and get some deals done. It feels like we played hardball a bit too much in the summer and have paid a heavy price as a result by missing out on so many players and having to look at Plan B, C, D, E F, probably up to about plan W... I'm in no way convinced that George Grant was Plan A let's just say that... 

We really need to play this one safe. 

Edited by Batistuta87

On 15/10/2022 at 19:52, dazajmbo said:

Didn't Hendry recently transfer for around £3M. Seems incredible to think he might be within our price range. 

We appeared to spend a bit of time chasing the Korean Forward in the summer window…to eventually find out he was staying until January.

It also appeared to be the case that the player was interested in coming…and was available on a pre-contract to move to us in January.

I therefore wait with interest to see if we did actually sign him on a pre-contract, otherwise what was the point in chasing him in the first place?

Probably spend the whole of January chasing some fantasy signing then bring a couple of no marks after the window shuts.Probably get told we had been chasing one of them since the summer so it's great we managed to finally get him.

Sorry I'm deflated with everything just now.

Edited by vegas-voss

3 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Probably spend the whole of January chasing some fantasy signing then bring a couple of no marks after the window shuts.Probably get told we had been chasing one of them since the summer so it's great we managed to finally get him.

Hence why I’m interested if we’ve signed the Korean forward in a pre-contract.

As if not, then why did we waste so much time chasing him?

7 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Hence why I’m interested if we’ve signed the Korean forward in a pre-contract.

As if not, then why did we waste so much time chasing him?

I honestly have no idea about what we are doing with signings now.We appear to sign players and then just shoehorn them in to positions they are not comfy with.Crying out for a creative midfielder all summer and we go chasing a DM.

17 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

I honestly have no idea about what we are doing with signings now.We appear to sign players and then just shoehorn them in to positions they are not comfy with.Crying out for a creative midfielder all summer and we go chasing a DM.

We signed Snodgrass 

21 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Hopefully looking at a new management structure before the window. Don’t give this lot any more 

This

VagabondJambo
22 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Hopefully looking at a new management structure before the window. Don’t give this lot any more 

That’s the best use of available funds!

Overall, we have a decent squad of players.  Now we need a positive, fired-up, creative, and engaging coaching team to get the best out of them.

19 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Yeh no doubt with a few days left we will get the usual excuses from some on here saying don’t worry we still have a week to go

i said it in summer and was right in the end - left things too late 

a few panic signings of old has beens like Snodgrass on deadline day 

Edited by Jambo 4 Ever

gorgierulesapply88
1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

We signed Snodgrass 

Wants on the ball happy to take it and turn and play forward 100x better than haring. 

7 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

An old has been who no one else wanted 

not good enough 

Except Luton offered him a contract and the vast majority of their fans wanted to keep him.

You just make things up.  Quite something on this board to be pretty much the worst poster on it.

Bore off.

I’m not sure how the Asian markets work, but sure Lee Seung-woo’s contract is up by the end of this month. So with his team’s season finished you’d think an announcement could be made. Unless something either in the contract or a gentleman’s agreement means they don’t announce until actually a free agent. And if that’s the case then you’d think from 1st November we could sign him straight away. But again, I doubt it’s that straightforward.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to *** Hearts Winter Transfer Thread - Henderson and Connor Smith loaned out***