*** Hearts Winter Transfer Thread - Henderson and Connor Smith loaned out***

dazajmbo

gorgierulesapply88
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Would hope if possible we could him over before New Year so we can get him training with the team (think Celtic did that with some of their January Japanese signings.) But would be delighted if this goes through.

Also think we will be targeting other Asian players.

All hail lord Savage!

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BackOfTheNet

• Sooks

• Batistuta87

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Absolute Scenes

havent been on in weeks but delighted to see the Lee chat has surfaced again. Definitely should have pushed the boat out to sign him in the summer, but ghetting him for free would be good business. Going forward with this window, i want to see us be brave and not play silly buggers to get players in. We know we are scraping the barrell to get a solid 11 these days with all the injuries. Aberdeen are good example - Moisvki was their number 1 target, they paid the requested fee and he was signed quickly. Get in early, get the fees paid (within reason obviously) and lets get back on it Hearts

Bazzas right boot
39 minutes ago, sinks said:

Just had a read of the Dundee United thread on P&B and they seem to be saying they f****d up with Lewis Neilson contract and they are not due a bolt

You're a bit late with that mate.

All confirmed last week.

Utd are getting hee haw.👍

3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

You're a bit late with that mate.

All confirmed last week.

Utd are getting hee haw.👍

Apologies all...I was down south last week and hadn't heard

On 22/10/2022 at 20:08, soonbe110 said:

We very nearly signed this guy in May. His agent kept moving the goalposts on money though and then we signed Rowles 

Probably a very strong possibility that we sign him in January. 

Out of contract next summer and only played 5 games this season.  We could probably get him for a modest fee in Jan if we are still interested.

On 22/10/2022 at 19:08, soonbe110 said:

We very nearly signed this guy in May. His agent kept moving the goalposts on money though and then we signed Rowles 

Doubt it tbh, apparently worth 2.7 mill. Newcastle were criticised for letting him go. 

4 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

havent been on in weeks but delighted to see the Lee chat has surfaced again. Definitely should have pushed the boat out to sign him in the summer, but ghetting him for free would be good business. Going forward with this window, i want to see us be brave and not play silly buggers to get players in. We know we are scraping the barrell to get a solid 11 these days with all the injuries. Aberdeen are good example - Moisvki was their number 1 target, they paid the requested fee and he was signed quickly. Get in early, get the fees paid (within reason obviously) and lets get back on it Hearts

Looking forward to seeing what happens with this. Plenty Korean Twitters think he should have won MVP for the K League. Would be absolutely delighted to sign him based on what we know about him so far. Banderson following him on socials too.

Edit: the post above definitely sounds like a goodbye with a lot of comments saying thanks and good luck. This one translated from Korean peaked my interest.

956E2947-5C89-4BA2-8E34-3FFADD4009E1.jpeg

Edited by Batistuta87

jamboinglasgow
37 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Looking forward to seeing what happens with this. Plenty Korean Twitters think he should have won MVP for the K League. Would be absolutely delighted to sign him based on what we know about him so far. Banderson following him on socials too.

Edit: the post above definitely sounds like a goodbye with a lot of comments saying thanks and good luck. This one translated from Korean peaked my interest.

956E2947-5C89-4BA2-8E34-3FFADD4009E1.jpeg

Did a bit of digging about Castle Park. its not clear, but found a couple of Suwon fan pages which called themselves Castle Park. I suspect its something to do with their stadium or a previous stadium (as their current one is Suwon Sports Complex.)  So sadly I dont think its someone who knows he is off to us, instead a fan wanting him to stay.

10 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Did a bit of digging about Castle Park. its not clear, but found a couple of Suwon fan pages which called themselves Castle Park. I suspect its something to do with their stadium or a previous stadium (as their current one is Suwon Sports Complex.)  So sadly I dont think its someone who knows he is off to us, instead a fan wanting him to stay.

Ahh, fair enough. Nice work, detective 🙂

Just now, Agentjambo said:

Nothing at all on that original post from SW Lee makes me think that was him saying goodbye.

it's the comments for me. Quite a few saying thanks for a good job, good luck, etc. Could just be what they say over there though. Their version of "we go again" etc 😂

3 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

it's the comments for me. Quite a few saying thanks for a good job, good luck, etc. Could just be what they say over there though. Their version of "we go again" etc 😂

He’s just saying thanks for the support this season and next season “we go again”.

4 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

He’s just saying thanks for the support this season and next season “we go again”.

Yeah. Have you heard anything about this one? Apparently we were close in the summer. Agreed personal terms etc but misunderstood a release clause. 

2 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Yeah. Have you heard anything about this one? Apparently we were close in the summer. Agreed personal terms etc but misunderstood a release clause. 

Not a thing.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

A smart January window could be worth another four million plus to us 

Exactly.

Sheep and Hibs have shot their load in the summer window. Shown their hand early and it’s nothing to fear. Halks, Rowles, Beni 🙏 and even just two signing of good quality in the new year will be enough to see us 3rd. 

And it’s more like £6m +

1 hour ago, tiger Rudi said:

Doubt it tbh, apparently worth 2.7 mill. Newcastle were criticised for letting him go. 

No he isn’t.  Newcastle freed him five years ago so not sure how that’s relevant.  His biggest transfer fee is about £500k over two years ago.  Anyway, contract up next summer so nominal fee gets him in January.  All about wages, as it was in the summer. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

A starting point might be keeping existing players fit.

Sign better medical staff or alternatively avoid black cats 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
On 22/10/2022 at 13:00, OTT said:

Offer Kio back to the team we got him from. Try and get half our money back and not be so ****ing stupid when we have some pennies to spend again. 

Worse than Devlin and Beni, on a par with post injury Haring. An utterly baffling signing that was a waste of a significant amount of money.

most defensive midfielders in the SPL are worse than Beni and Cammy to be fair.

On 22/10/2022 at 19:08, soonbe110 said:

sounds positive mate

Tom Hardy’s Dug
14 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Don’t get me started. 

whatever the solution is - as some don’t agree with me - we definitely need an improvement on this side of backroom team, however we do it.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

8 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

No he isn’t.  Newcastle freed him five years ago so not sure how that’s relevant.  His biggest transfer fee is about £500k over two years ago.  Anyway, contract up next summer so nominal fee gets him in January.  All about wages, as it was in the summer. 

Fair enough, looks like the type of player that would be a decent signing. Apparently valued at 2.7 mill in 2021, 1.8 mill now if transfer market is an accurate guide. Seems out of our reach tbh but delighted if I'm wrong. 

24 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

Fair enough, looks like the type of player that would be a decent signing. Apparently valued at 2.7 mill in 2021, 1.8 mill now if transfer market is an accurate guide. Seems out of our reach tbh but delighted if I'm wrong. 

Can play rb as well. 

In future I hope our management team never say any thing positive about a new signing ever again . It seems to fry the brains of some supporters and when they do not turn out to be Eden Hazzard or De Bruyne then out come the knives and hyperbole  

Edited by Sooks

17 minutes ago, Sooks said:

In future I hope our management team never say any thing positive about a new signing ever again . It seems to fry the brains of some supporters and when they do not turn out to be Eden Hazzard or De Bruyne then out come the knives and hyperbole  

Good one.

59 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You do you expect them to say? Tell us they signed a player cause their shit?

Every manager when they sign a player always talks them up.

Ronald Villiers

I think Savage should just say that any new signings are dugmeat.  It sets expectations low and if they turn out good then it's a bonus.  

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

Good one.

Considering you were telling Halkett he could leave as soon as he can find a club and that the best he could hope for was a return to Livi , just last year ………….. I may be should let you crack the jokes on here 

The Treasurer
3 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

or we could stop the players being tackled or landing awkwardly, seeing as that is how most of the injuries have occurred. 

37 minutes ago, Chaps said:

You do you expect them to say? Tell us they signed a player cause their shit?

Every manager when they sign a player always talks them up.

I expect them to keep doing what they are doing , but it would be nice if the supporters did not then slaughter the incoming player because of it , if they do not turn out to be a super star after less than ten games 

part_time_jambo
15 hours ago, sinks said:

Apologies all...I was down south last week and hadn't heard

I heard they had electric lights and everything down there.

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I expect them to keep doing what they are doing , but it would be nice if the supporters did not then slaughter the incoming player because of it , if they do not turn out to be a super star after less than ten games 

You’ve got a point here. Sean Clare a prime example. Despite him not once talking himself up (in fact it was quite the opposite, he was humble and self-deprecating) he was constantly called by fans a Billy big baws and “thinks he’s better than he is”. Guy went to a psychologist to deal with it FFS. It was Levein that talked him up. It was articles in England before Hearts were on the radars for him that said he could be the next Dele Alli that Anderson in the EEN and posters on here picked up. He didn’t live up to those high expectations so people are understandably disappointed. But what I’ll never get is how personal fans can get about their anger and hate towards a footballer for just not playing very well, never mind for not living up to concocted expectations by the manager, journalists or even the fans themselves. Players rarely want the pressure, so why pile on the player rather than those who set the expectations or who continue to play the out of form players I’ll never know.

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

A lot of people going overboard about Kio , he is doing fine and will only get better . 

Yeah...don't really get that either. Thought he had a good game on Saturday, won a lot in the air in midfield.

kingantti1874

We (club and fans) always seem to look at transfer business  the wrong way around in my opinion e.g we have 2 starting CB’s so anyone we sign needs to be happy to sit on the bench.  That’s not how we improve !! 

We should be looking to sign a CB who is better than either Halkett or Rowles and is therefore capable of relegating one of them to third choice. (All of them would still get regular game time)

Looking constantly for better players than the ones we have is how we get better, and how we build squad depth. And we give existing players motivation to improve and impress when they get the opportunity 

We shouldn’t be looking for players content to be subs. 

6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

We (club and fans) always seem to look at transfer business  the wrong way around in my opinion e.g we have 2 starting CB’s so anyone we sign needs to be happy to sit on the bench.  That’s not how we improve !! 

We should be looking to sign a CB who is better than either Halkett or Rowles and is therefore capable of relegating one of them to third choice. (All of them would still get regular game time)

Looking constantly for better players than the ones we have is how we get better, and how we build squad depth. And we give existing players motivation to improve and impress when they get the opportunity 

Has Joe Savage done as you describe? I certainly don’t recall that.

RustyRightPeg
40 minutes ago, saxondale said:

Has Joe Savage done as you describe? I certainly don’t recall that.

Been difficult to judge for various reasons hasn’t it. 

Think of outgoings that we have had control of and injuries. We haven’t had a fully fit squad in well over a year and a half now. 

Would Rowles push last seasons pairing of Halkett and Souttar, yes I believe so. 

Would Kio push Beni, difficult to say due to injury, Beni probably starts. He has pushed Haring to the side though. 

Would Grant push Jamie Walker, yes probably. 

Would Humphrys push Simms, based on early evidence yes he would. 

Would Atkinson push Smith, again having both fit seems impossible so difficult to judge. 

Clark will push Gordon. 

Has Forrest pushed Gino, absolutely yes.

We all know competition in a squad is healthy, it stops things from stagnating and doesn’t let players drop their standards or they’re out. 

Edited by RustyRightPeg

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Considering you were telling Halkett he could leave as soon as he can find a club and that the best he could hope for was a return to Livi , just last year ………….. I may be should let you crack the jokes on here 

It was during the Championship season…..

And Halkett was absolutely brutal for a very long time. He was completely out of shape and it affected his performances.

He was clearly made aware of this and did something about it.

57 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I don't think it's always as black and white as that. In your example, should we have said 'No thanks' to Neilson who is a young player with potential? I agree with you that we need always to be looking to improve, but if we are also to be a club that develops younger players then, by definition, some of the people we bring in will not be better than those currently in the team.

30 minutes ago, May one-six said:

I don't think it's always as black and white as that. In your example, should we have said 'No thanks' to Neilson who is a young player with potential? I agree with you that we need always to be looking to improve, but if we are also to be a club that develops younger players then, by definition, some of the people we bring in will not be better than those currently in the team.

You're stealing my 'FM21' strategy... only bring in players better than you already have unless they're promising teenagers! 😆... works for me. 

6 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

You're stealing my 'FM21' strategy... only bring in players better than you already have unless they're promising teenagers! 😆... works for me. 

😂

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

It was during the Championship season…..

And Halkett was absolutely brutal for a very long time. He was completely out of shape and it affected his performances.

He was clearly made aware of this and did something about it.

May be you need to stop being so hasty with the hyperbole when it comes to players and support them instead of writing them off after less than ten games ? If you could be so spectacularly wrong about Halkett that the next year he is probably our most important out field player then may be give Kio a bit longer to prove him self ?

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Truth is we’ve been really lucky with signings - I don’t mean that in a bad way:

Kinglsey - hit ground running

Mckay - same after a couple of games

Beni - same

Cammy - same

Cochrane - solid from the start and has improved

Rowles - same as Alex

Forrest - great start, has levelled but that’s wingers I guess

Shankland - On a 1 in 2 average - can’t complain

Neilson - one of the best young players in Scotland. Makes mistakes but don’t they all at his age?

Kio - needs to get up to speed with the game but has talent

Atkinson - as above

Humphrys - as above

6 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Truth is we’ve been really lucky with signings - I don’t mean that in a bad way:

Kinglsey - hit ground running

Mckay - same after a couple of games

Beni - same

Cammy - same

Cochrane - solid from the start and has improved

Rowles - same as Alex

Forrest - great start, has levelled but that’s wingers I guess

Shankland - On a 1 in 2 average - can’t complain

Neilson - one of the best young players in Scotland. Makes mistakes but don’t they all at his age?

Kio - needs to get up to speed with the game but has talent

Atkinson - as above

Humphrys - as above

With you on this one. 

Only I think Atkinson is absolutely fine and would walk into any other 11 in the league (bar OF). He will improve, but is already a good young player IMO. 

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

That's exactly what we should be doing 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to *** Hearts Winter Transfer Thread - Henderson and Connor Smith loaned out***