*** Hearts Winter Transfer Thread - Henderson and Connor Smith loaned out***

dazajmbo

The 20-year-old attacker joins the Owls on a season-long loan from Forest as he seeks more regular game time in 2022/23, and he admits that both the size of the club, and his conversations with Darren Moore were the two main reasons why he felt Wednesday were the right club.

“I’m very pleased,” he told the club’s YouTube channel. “It’s a massive club and it’s a big responsibility every time you get on the pitch… I’m just happy that I’m going to be able to contribute this season, and I’m excited to meet the fans.

I’ve had several conversations with the manager, he’s a key factor as to why I’m here today. I believe in his way of playing, and his style - and obviously the size of the club is a big factor as well. I’m excited and I hope that we can get this club back up to the Championship.

“The manager has filled me with confidence, he was keen to get me in here and as a player having that backing and confidence is very good.

I just like to be an exciting player to watch, and to help the team progress up the pitch by being an outlet. I want to score and create goals.”

Interesting words from alex mighten.

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BackOfTheNet

• Sooks

• Batistuta87

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

The 20-year-old attacker joins the Owls on a season-long loan from Forest as he seeks more regular game time in 2022/23, and he admits that both the size of the club, and his conversations with Darren Moore were the two main reasons why he felt Wednesday were the right club.

“I’m very pleased,” he told the club’s YouTube channel. “It’s a massive club and it’s a big responsibility every time you get on the pitch… I’m just happy that I’m going to be able to contribute this season, and I’m excited to meet the fans.

I’ve had several conversations with the manager, he’s a key factor as to why I’m here today. I believe in his way of playing, and his style - and obviously the size of the club is a big factor as well. I’m excited and I hope that we can get this club back up to the Championship.

“The manager has filled me with confidence, he was keen to get me in here and as a player having that backing and confidence is very good.

I just like to be an exciting player to watch, and to help the team progress up the pitch by being an outlet. I want to score and create goals.”

Yeah this was about two months ago Bongo.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
14 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

He’s been available on a pre-contract for months. He was available on a pre contract in the summer when we first looked at him. Everything the boy has said publicly indicates he is staying in SK

Scored two nice goals last week and is pushing for their Golden boot and  a WC spot. Contracts are a bit different in SK so we’ll see I suppose, but I seriously doubt he is coming to Hearts when it’s going so well for him where he is and he’s already failed in Europe. Doesn’t look strong enough to me either.

well if we are still on for him needs to be pre-contract signed up pre World Cup - if he has a good World Cup much bigger teams will be in for him.

For this reason I don’t think we’ll sign him as if he has a brain he will back himself to get interest from a bigger club if he has a good tournament.

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Found it interesting. 

Been banned mate .

Regarding the point you are driving at plenty if not all of our recent signings have said that their chats with Robbie helped convince them to join.

To be fair, although SW are a big club, anyone that on a season loan goes on about how big a club they are, despite having to play in a league One for a season, is clearly just playing to the crowds.

2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

well if we are still on for him needs to be pre-contract signed up pre World Cup - if he has a good World Cup much bigger teams will be in for him.

For this reason I don’t think we’ll sign him as if he has a brain he will back himself to get interest from a bigger club if he has a good tournament.

Regarding the point you are driving at plenty if not all of our recent signings have said that their chats with Robbie helped convince them to join.

To be fair, although SW are a big club, anyone that on a season loan goes on about how big a club they are, despite having to play in a league One for a season, is clearly just playing to the crowds.

You will also remember what Danny Swanson,  said when he left to join St Johnstone.

And for what it's worth the 5 teams at the top of league 1, would give us a game.

Edited by Bongo 1874

9 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Searching youtube I came across this interview with Seung-Woo Lee from two weeks ago.

He was asked about the interest from us (from 17:12.) He confirmed talks happened but it was half way through the season and it was not in the interest of his club for him to leave at that point (which he was happy to go with the interests of the club,) that it didn't go through.

From elsewhere in his interview he was asked why he moved back to the K-League this season rather than go else where in Europe. He said it was that he wanted to play regularly to gain a place at the World Cup. At the end he was asked if would go back to Europe at the end of season and basically said yes if the right offer came along (and seemed to indicate though its down to his club accepting the offer.) 

Overall, it came across as a guy who would come back but his club would need to have an acceptable offer, but the fact we offered half way through the season was the problem. Definitely explains why Joe Savage is confident about getting him in January (from PTBCAL's post.)

Wasn’t in the SK squad for this weeks games, which are the last before the WC, so he’s probably missing out there.

From what I can see their season ends 22 October, so he’s not playing at football between then and the end of the year 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

All the signals seem to indicate Lee Seung Woo will arrive. There is a gap to fill and I firmly believe he will fill it.

Josh Mulligan also meets the profile we look at, would imagine we will bung Dundee a few dollars in January, or simply wait until next summer.

On Porteous, because of his size, wouldn't surprise me to see him follow McKenna, who has done very well for Forest to the point, think he will be a miss for Scotland on Tuesday

1 minute ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

All the signals seem to indicate Lee Seung Woo will arrive. There is a gap to fill and I firmly believe he will fill it.

Josh Mulligan also meets the profile we look at, would imagine we will bung Dundee a few dollars in January, or simply wait until next summer.

On Porteous, because of his size, wouldn't surprise me to see him follow McKenna, who has done very well for Forest to the point, think he will be a miss for Scotland on Tuesday

Porteous needs to get away from Scotland after the cheating stuff which seems to have stuck now. Decent centre half who will probably do okay under half decent EPL coaching and fitness regimes

14 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Thought the lad strain had a cracking game the other day for them .

Hopefully get a new right back with Smith,  leaving and maybe going into coaching after this season.

ScandinavianJambo
15 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Never too early 😂

15 hours ago, D4nny_ said:

Bit early this thread, no? :rofl: 

All i can think of is the last thread....shudder!  😂

Edited by ScandinavianJambo

17 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Aw jesus, close this thread. Too soon and I can't handle the insanity before Halloween. 

I am delighted this thread has been started.  I am banned from the summer window thread, fortunately the window slammed shut just before or after the actual window slammed shut.

I will be on my best behaviour in this thread.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You will also remember what Danny Swanson,  said when he left to join St Johnstone.

And for what it's worth the 5 teams at the top of league 1, would give us a game.

What you will also remember is that Danny Sawanson was a complete Hibee *****. An even bigger one than you bizarrely.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

5 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Porteous needs to get away from Scotland after the cheating stuff which seems to have stuck now. Decent centre half who will probably do okay under half decent EPL coaching and fitness regimes

Not a chance Porteous' getting anywhere near an epl team. 

6 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

If we are gonna be targeting L1 players then Plymouth is the team to have a look at.  They are playing some shit hot football at the moment. 

1 minute ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Sorry, thought you meant Dundee when you said 'them'. 

Nah hate even calling them that after the carry on years ago , still hurts the mhanks feeder club.

11 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Not a chance Porteous' getting anywhere near an epl team. 

If McKenna and Cooper and Hanley  can get a game there, whisper it but I’d say Porteous is POTENTIALLY better than all of them. We’ll see. Theres clearly a very good reason he hasn’t extended at Hibs

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

If McKenna and Cooper and Hanley  can get a game there, whisper it but I’d say Porteous is POTENTIALLY better than all of them. We’ll see. Theres clearly a very good reason he hasn’t extended at Hibs

If he was to (and I seriously doubt it) play in the EPL it would be in a good few years imo.  Stoke or someone will be the very best he doesn.. McKenna was a better player when he left Aberdeen also for was it £4m?  Delighted Hibs are gonna get hee haw and instead of blaming the board or the player they will blame everyone hounding him out of Hibs. 

The tears will be delicious. 

28 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

He has 2 years left. 

According to the Daily Record link in the third post on this thread he's free to talk to another club in January 

10 minutes ago, Firefox said:

According to the Daily Record link in the third post on this thread he's free to talk to another club in January 

Nah they have him on another year should they want it (and they will). 

9 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

I should know better not to believe anything that's written in that weegie rag 😑

20 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

If they don’t apply the option beforehand,we can talk to him in January. I hope to feck we don’t. He’s not good enough for our team, no where near.

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

If they don’t apply the option beforehand,we can talk to him in January. I hope to feck we don’t. He’s not good enough for our team, no where near.

''He’s not good enough for our team''

He ran us ragged 2 weeks ago 😂

Sibbick didn't know whether he was coming or going.

Heard we're in the market for a promising Kosovan player, Sinod Jajidva:

mrsnrub.png

Edited by tian447

3 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

There is the reason he ran us ragged

8 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

True.  He won't be able to sign for anyone at all and Livi will take up the option.

7 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I think that confirms more about Sibbick than it says about Nouble

They had 3 or 4 players who were better on the day. Do we sign them too ?

Edited by JimmyCant

Faris Rodriquez
Yaseen Pugh
Duke Sweet
Kristian Perry
Payton Grant
Dainton Davidson
Trinity Whittington
Shay Fraser
Shane Shah
Lance Clark

All out of contract and scoring 8/10 on the "Sell On-o-meter"

Leveins Battalion
11 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I think that confirms more about Sibbick than it says about Nouble

They had 3 or 4 players who were better on the day. Do we sign them too ?

''They had 3 or 4 players who were better on the day. Do we sign them too ?''

Of course we don't and your take is a tad hyperbole but our squad currently contains 3 ex Livingston players so i would imagine he is one we are monitoring and them as a club between now and January,at 26 its understandable however Montano has been there best player this season but he's over 30 now so is less appealing.

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Probably need to get a few out before bringing anymore in.

It's almost October now. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Berra also played in the EPL as did the guy on loan at Hibs who ended up at wolves / spurs. 

Doig is in seria A and was nothing but OK when I seen him play. 

The epl is full of shite players, plenty of space for Porteous. 

4 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

If we are gonna be targeting L1 players then Plymouth is the team to have a look at.  They are playing some shit hot football at the moment. 

Yep watched their game with Ipswich couple of players stood out both goal scorers Whittaker and Mumba 

1 hour ago, **** the SPFL said:

Yep watched their game with Ipswich couple of players stood out both goal scorers Whittaker and Mumba 

Alas I'd imagine 1st team players in League 1 would be out of our price range. Even they go for a million or more

3 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Berra also played in the EPL as did the guy on loan at Hibs who ended up at wolves / spurs. 

Doig is in seria A and was nothing but OK when I seen him play. 

The epl is full of shite players, plenty of space for Porteous. 

Why all the hegativity towards Berra. Too many on here remember his last season or 2 and judge his entire career by that. He was a great player for us. People have short memories

1 hour ago, **** the SPFL said:

Centre half looks impressive too.  Great job the old and new guy is doing there. 

13 minutes ago, Henroddy said:

Why all the hegativity towards Berra. Too many on here remember his last season or 2 and judge his entire career by that. He was a great player for us. People have short memories

Easy to start blaming people when they leave. 

5 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

You know you're football .

Boy on loan from Swansea looks a right player .

Mumba too , hopefully we can get European football most seasons and pay 10k -15k a week, maybe a bit of a dream just now .

One day fingers 🤞

9 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You know you're football .

Boy on loan from Swansea looks a right player .

Mumba too , hopefully we can get European football most seasons and pay 10k -15k a week, maybe a bit of a dream just now .

One day fingers 🤞

He does that yeah.   Apparently was behind at youth level but getting better all the time.   Mumba looks a dream of a full back.

Yeah, that should be the dream but also be it Swansea or Norwich loan, we should be all over they kind of players for a year at least because you never know after

12 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Found it interesting. 

Been banned mate .

Ah gotcha. That's pish. Glad to see you back mate. 

12 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Probably need to get a few out before bringing anymore in.

Have a feeling Devlin will do well at the World Cup and will subsequently attract some attention so I'm kinda bracing myself for that. Henderson and Smith will have a big few months ahead of them and need to be tested in a few games before making a decision in Jan (👋🏻 IMO). Pollock has apparently been offered a 3y deal. 

6 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Ah gotcha. That's pish. Glad to see you back mate. 

Have a feeling Devlin will do well at the World Cup and will subsequently attract some attention so I'm kinda bracing myself for that. Henderson and Smith will have a big few months ahead of them and need to be tested in a few games before making a decision in Jan (👋🏻 IMO). Pollock has apparently been offered a 3y deal. 

Not Henderson. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Henroddy said:

Agreed. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to *** Hearts Winter Transfer Thread - Henderson and Connor Smith loaned out***