Is there anything in politics more shit than the Labour Party?

Ulysses

3 hours ago, BlueRiver said:

They don’t however make statements like his deregulation ultimately led to the crash accurate which was what you initially said. 

He could’ve done whatever he pleased with banks here and the crash would have still started in the states and infected the rest of us. Level of exposure is a different topic but New Labour did not cause the crash.

Brown himself acknowledged mea culpa…

https://citywire.com/funds-insider/news/i-was-wrong-to-let-the-banks-off-the-leash-gordon-brown-admits/a393730

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• ri Alban

• Gundermann

• BlueRiver

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Hook said:

Does that say “as a result we caused the crash?”. I see no difference between what he’s said and what I have. Contributory to the extent, yes. Caused? No. 

8 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Does that say “as a result we caused the crash?”. I see no difference between what he’s said and what I have. Contributory to the extent, yes. Caused? No. 

He is admitting that him and his govt got it seriously wrong and that the deregulation they allowed to occur was a fundamental factor in causing the crash and, ergo, a stricter regulatory framework would be needed to avoid any future reoccurrence. It can’t be any clearer.

11 minutes ago, Hook said:

He is admitting that him and his govt got it seriously wrong and that the deregulation they allowed to occur was a fundamental factor in causing the crash and, ergo, a stricter regulatory framework would be needed to avoid any future reoccurrence. It can’t be any clearer.

It didn’t cause the crash. I can’t be any clearer. US banking system caused the crash, blaming the UK government for causing it is wrong. Deregulation wasn’t right but it wouldn’t have mattered what we did, it was a crisis massively born in America. 

The Mighty Thor

The more Keith opens his mouth, the more I'm convinced he's a deep Tory plant. 

In the past week to differentiate themselves and put some clear policy water between the two parties, Keith has reiterated that he'll continue to pursue the ruinous Brexit of the Tories and then yesterday as Rashid was chuntering on to the CBI about 'British joabs fur British workers' Keith pops up to champion the end of the reliance on migrant workers or 'British joabs fur British workers'. 

Definitely not just red Tories then. 

il Duce McTarkin
18 hours ago, ri Alban said:

It was a mistake. It was meant to be guys. 

Don't back down, ri, it was a great post. Own it.

il Duce McTarkin
3 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

The more Keith opens his mouth, the more I'm convinced he's a deep Tory plant. 

In the past week to differentiate themselves and put some clear policy water between the two parties, Keith has reiterated that he'll continue to pursue the ruinous Brexit of the Tories and then yesterday as Rashid was chuntering on to the CBI about 'British joabs fur British workers' Keith pops up to champion the end of the reliance on migrant workers or 'British joabs fur British workers'. 

Definitely not just red Tories then. 

Wouldn't matter what Starmer said, your controls are jammed, bud.

The Mighty Thor
49 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

Wouldn't matter what Starmer said, your controls are jammed, bud.

Far from it Guv. I've voted for most of the parties in the last 35 years (except the Tory scum). 

All Keith has to offer is more of the same. There's no discernable difference between his Labour and Sunak's Tories.

His big opportunity is to actually grow some balls and call out Brexit as the cluster it was always going to be and then stop pretending that 'British joabs fur British workers' is actually going to deliver anything other than an economy that shrinks faster than any other developed country. 

The stark reality is that his 30% lead will vanish as punters tumble to the fact that his policies are just the same as Rashid's and they'll come to the conclusion (with the help of Rothermere and Murdoch, natch) that if they want to vote Tory they'd be better just voting Tory than voting for Keith.  

il Duce McTarkin
3 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Far from it Guv. I've voted for most of the parties in the last 35 years (except the Tory scum). 

Glad to hear it. :)👍

I'm Sure that Starmer would love to come out and tell it like it is about Brexit, but he'd see that 30% lead vanish faster than your alternative prediction.

He's trying to box clever, but lacks the charisma to be anything other than unconvincing. That's by-the-by in the real world, though, as whoever is in charge of whichever party in government is going to have to deal with the same big players in the global capitalist system, at least initially.

There is no doubt in my mind that Starmer will be far more on the side of common punter than Rashidi Sanook, but his hands will remain tied to a certain degree, and he'll be inheriting an absolute skip fire.

This is where my frustration comes in, as I think we need clear ideological leadership at a UK level, not piecemeal, half-arsed policies. I'd be keen to give him a chance to see what he could actually do.

The Mighty Thor
54 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

Glad to hear it. :)👍

I'm Sure that Starmer would love to come out and tell it like it is about Brexit, but he'd see that 30% lead vanish faster than your alternative prediction.

He's trying to box clever, but lacks the charisma to be anything other than unconvincing. That's by-the-by in the real world, though, as whoever is in charge of whichever party in government is going to have to deal with the same big players in the global capitalist system, at least initially.

There is no doubt in my mind that Starmer will be far more on the side of common punter than Rashidi Sanook, but his hands will remain tied to a certain degree, and he'll be inheriting an absolute skip fire.

This is where my frustration comes in, as I think we need clear ideological leadership at a UK level, not piecemeal, half-arsed policies. I'd be keen to give him a chance to see what he could actually do.

I'll tell you what will happen.

Everyone with half a brain knows that Brexit has failed and is killing our economy (and we've not even implemented it properly yet). Everyone also knows that Keith is a remainer and that despite his current stance, he would unwind it in a heartbeat if he thought he'd face no opposition to it. 

The Tories know all this and they also know that Keith, and his front bench team, are shitting it to go anywhere near the topic and therefore the Tories will use their supine media lapdogs to start on Keith and his team about Brexit and what they really think and by the time the next election comes round there'll be nothing between the two policy wise and ultimately that will be his undoing. 

The ideological leadership would be Keith standing up saying Brexit is a disaster and migration is necessary for the UK to stand still, let alone grow. Instead he's a shitebag. 

The 'common punter' has shown repeatedly in my lifetime that they see themselves as 'middle class' and they continually return the party they think represents what they perceive to be their interests. It's a ****ing brilliant con trick. 

il Duce McTarkin
49 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I'll tell you what will happen.

Everyone with half a brain knows that Brexit has failed and is killing our economy (and we've not even implemented it properly yet). Everyone also knows that Keith is a remainer and that despite his current stance, he would unwind it in a heartbeat if he thought he'd face no opposition to it. 

The Tories know all this and they also know that Keith, and his front bench team, are shitting it to go anywhere near the topic and therefore the Tories will use their supine media lapdogs to start on Keith and his team about Brexit and what they really think and by the time the next election comes round there'll be nothing between the two policy wise and ultimately that will be his undoing. 

The ideological leadership would be Keith standing up saying Brexit is a disaster and migration is necessary for the UK to stand still, let alone grow. Instead he's a shitebag. 

The 'common punter' has shown repeatedly in my lifetime that they see themselves as 'middle class' and they continually return the party they think represents what they perceive to be their interests. It's a ****ing brilliant con trick. 

You're a cynical *******. :lol:

good post, though, and probably fairly accurate. It's what Labour actually do once they're in power that would matter. Nobody seems to give a **** about electorally mandated policies these days anyway, so who's to say they'd be any different on that score.

As an aside, what's with the name Keith for Sir Kier?

The Mighty Thor
8 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

You're a cynical *******. :lol:

good post, though, and probably fairly accurate. It's what Labour actually do once they're in power that would matter. Nobody seems to give a **** about electorally mandated policies these days anyway, so who's to say they'd be any different on that score.

As an aside, what's with the name Keith for Sir Kier?

Yes I most certainly am 😂

Keith = Keith from accounts. Dull as ****. Zero charisma. Not the boy you want to be sat with at the Christmas night out. 

il Duce McTarkin
8 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Yes I most certainly am 😂

Keith = Keith from accounts. Dull as ****. Zero charisma. Not the boy you want to be sat with at the Christmas night out. 

Thought so. :D

My old man's called Keith, and despite his advancing years remains an utter headcase. 

The Real Maroonblood
5 hours ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

Thought so. :D

My old man's called Keith, and despite his advancing years remains an utter headcase. 

Like his son.:10900:

6 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Yep 

Jeffros Furios
3 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

And your mate Corbyn is friends with all sorts of middle east terrorists and Russian scum .

Corbyn is a loser and Sir Keir will be our next PM :rudiyas:

The Real Maroonblood
17 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

And your mate Corbyn is friends with all sorts of middle east terrorists and Russian scum .

What a thought.

30 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

FAF45C86-89A1-486B-B5A4-E75E65FA0546.jpeg

34 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

582B43DC-10AB-43C0-B054-87EE76DA1411.gif

34 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Iron fist been wheeled out and talking pish again.

Aye. The new new new vow and this time, they really, really do mean it. Honest.
Just watched “Sir” Keir on the news saying that they will put their new, new, new plans to the electorate at the next GE and if they get elected, then they’ll have a ‘mandate’!

A mandate you say? Now i’m sure I’ve heard something similar before somewhere 🤔

Edited by Pans Jambo

More shite from that weasel Brown. 

Imo it is complete Home Rule within the UK, Independence or GTF. 

It'll be the same shite in 20 years from Brown.

20221205_172117.thumb.jpg.42d474d74658b2705c5410cb566cf30a.jpg

14 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

He's a scumbag. 

He was supporting England last night. That's a hanging offence.

The Mighty Thor
7 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

More shite from that weasel Brown. 

Imo it is complete Home Rule within the UK, Independence or GTF. 

It'll be the same shite in 20 years from Brown.

20221205_172117.thumb.jpg.42d474d74658b2705c5410cb566cf30a.jpg

😂

No one listens to him anyway.

Apart from Keith. He's hanging on his every word. 

Watch the 30 point lead vanishing. 

il Duce McTarkin
2 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

He's a scumbag. 

Met him a couple of times. Seems a good lad.

il Duce McTarkin
Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

Whoopee do.:10900:

He said you were a ****. Most of the company agreed.