Is there anything in politics more shit than the Labour Party?

Ulysses

3 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

The leadership election in the summer.

The pensioners who make up the vast majority of that constituency of Tory party members. 

When given the chance to vote for Sunak they didn't.

That's what I'm talking about. 

mmm, its a completely unrepresentative self selecting bunch though. 

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Gundermann

• ri Alban

• BlueRiver

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jack D and coke

It’s clear that even in the commons wee Rashid is much better and just connects his mouth to his brain when he talks.

Hes blethered the same pish about vaccine rollouts etc but he’s got a better way about him. Which wasn’t difficult I suppose.
He’s pretty inoffensive imo after the clowns we’ve had to endure but he’s in charge of a right bunch of utter shitehouses and that will bring him down. 
He’s still a Tory too but I don’t have the seethe towards him I had for Johnson and that idiot Truss. 

il Duce McTarkin
3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s clear that even in the commons wee Rashid is much better and just connects his mouth to his brain when he talks.

Hes blethered the same pish about vaccine rollouts etc but he’s got a better way about him. Which wasn’t difficult I suppose.
He’s pretty inoffensive imo after the clowns we’ve had to endure but he’s in charge of a right bunch of utter shitehouses and that will bring him down. 
He’s still a Tory too but I don’t have the seethe towards him I had for Johnson and that idiot Truss. 

He wears a Celtic tap on holiday.

17 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

The leadership election in the summer.

The pensioners who make up the vast majority of that constituency of Tory party members. 

When given the chance to vote for Sunak they didn't.

That's what I'm talking about. 

I think its a fair point. 

Current pressures with cost of living could see Conservatives lose even the older vote.

33 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

just watching PMQ's now. How shit is Keir though - he is making an adequate performer look like a superstar!?

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Japan Jambo said:

just watching PMQ's now. How shit is Keir though - he is making an adequate performer look like a superstar!?

He’s awful imo mate. Consider how he became an MP in about 2015 or something and he’s now PM elect? Something isn’t right about that for me. 
Imo pretty much everyone I know should be Labour voters, Labour should be representing us. But they dont anymore…

I can’t look at people like Anas Sarwar and think he’s a real Labour man…

I despise Labour now.
I think I’d rather have the tories because at least I know what they are. 

38 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Whenever I here Sunak talk(which hasn't been much) he sounds like that other pathetic, lying erse Blair. Westminster is full of robots straight of the establishment production line! 

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

He’s awful imo mate. Consider how he became an MP in about 2015 or something and he’s now PM elect? Something isn’t right about that for me. 
Imo pretty much everyone I know should be Labour voters, Labour should be representing us. But they dont anymore…

I can’t look at people like Anas Sarwar and think he’s a real Labour man…

I despise Labour now.
I think I’d rather have the tories because at least I know what they are. 

Fair comment, to coin a phrase! 

5 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Whenever I here Sunak talk(which hasn't been much) he sounds like that other pathetic, lying erse Blair. Westminster is full of robots straight of the establishment production line! 

Interesting thought, don't think a lot of their politics are wildly different either; Blair was right for Labour, Sunak is well to the left for Tory, main dividing issue would be Europe. What he is though is a massive upgrade on the last two impostors that have held the job. We need a bit boring right now if only to regain a bit of credibility and respect on the world stage.

jack D and coke
25 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Sunak is the first one for a wee while that I don’t automatically think is a clown when he’s talking. He’s got a way about him that doesn’t instantly irritate. I’m no fan obviously but if he wasn’t surrounded the by shitehouses he is he’d probably make a fist of it. 
As it is he’s likely going to be fire fighting for the idiots in his party. 

12 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Interesting thought, don't think a lot of their politics are wildly different either; Blair was right for Labour, Sunak is well to the left for Tory, main dividing issue would be Europe. What he is though is a massive upgrade on the last two impostors that have held the job. We need a bit boring right now if only to regain a bit of credibility and respect on the world stage.

I don't watch any of the PMQ yaboo, pathetic, kid on democracy stuff or Holyrood with Sturgeon having to put up with the moronic other leaders up here. I find it hard to listen to most politicians. Wish we still had John Smith, Robin Cook etc. I would still listen to Salmond as he's one of the best politicians in my lifetime.

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

Sunak is the first one for a wee while that I don’t automatically think is a clown when he’s talking. He’s got a way about him that doesn’t instantly irritate. I’m no fan obviously but if he wasn’t surrounded the by shitehouses he is he’d probably make a fist of it. 

He's part of the British Establishment machine who are all the same! Different voice but same inane patter with nothing of any substance.

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

He's part of the British Establishment machine who are all the same! Different voice but same inane patter with nothing of any substance.

Yeah I don’t think anyone who has radical ideas will get anywhere. 

I wonder why a man as rich as Sunak would want to get involved in this tbh. 

7 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I was pretty fearful of him winning the leadership in summer as I thought he'd do enough to settle them and move them away from lurching from crisis to crisis. 

The upside of them going for Truss was that she was so incompetent she looks to have mortally wounded them.  The downside of them going for Truss was that she utterly blew up the economy and heaped misery on top of an already miserable situation. 

10 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I don't watch any of the PMQ yaboo, pathetic, kid on democracy stuff or Holyrood with Sturgeon having to put up with the moronic other leaders up here. I find it hard to listen to most politicians. Wish we still had John Smith, Robin Cook etc. I would still listen to Salmond as he's one of the best politicians in my lifetime.

Long gone seem the days of impressive politicians. I mean that regardless of the colour rosette they wear as well. Very much agree with you on Salmond although I have more respect for what he accomplished and how he did so than agreement with a lot of it!

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I think a lot of MP's get involved for the right reasons, I've met and delt with our local ones, Cat Smith, Ben Wallace and Tim Farron, I found them totally genuine people with their constituents at heart, he maybe one of them? Like you say, it doesn't look like he's in it for the money.

5 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Some people of wealth like to play games at times. Politics is a game to them. Westminster is just a board game, like Monopoly. Move things around, pay money there, take money from here. The UK is morally bankrupt!

6 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Long gone seem the days of impressive politicians. I mean that regardless of the colour rosette they wear as well. Very much agree with you on Salmond although I have more respect for what he accomplished and how he did so than agreement with a lot of it!

👍

jack D and coke
16 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I’ll be honest Salmond was the first politician I actually liked. 
He made me feel ballsy and confident about Scotland. I loved his quips and put downs he never seemed to get beaten. 
He’s been cleared but obviously tarnished for good by the claims. 
He was head and shoulders above this current lot for me. 
At least I believed him. 

jack D and coke
12 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

I was pretty fearful of him winning the leadership in summer as I thought he'd do enough to settle them and move them away from lurching from crisis to crisis. 

The upside of them going for Truss was that she was so incompetent she looks to have mortally wounded them.  The downside of them going for Truss was that she utterly blew up the economy and heaped misery on top of an already miserable situation. 

A really mental time of PM’s. It was funny but not funny I suppose. 
The people who put Truss in charge need a burst mooth. 

Just now, jack D and coke said:

He made me feel ballsy and confident about Scotland. I loved his quips and put downs he never seemed to get beaten. 
At least I believed him. 

Yep! Great politician. As I said earlier in another post, I liked John Smith too. I cringe thinking about Thatcher, Blair and Brown!

jack D and coke
10 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I think a lot of MP's get involved for the right reasons, I've met and delt with our local ones, Cat Smith, Ben Wallace and Tim Farron, I found them totally genuine people with their constituents at heart, he maybe one of them? Like you say, it doesn't look like he's in it for the money.

Oh I’m well aware that Sunak is totally unfit to be PM. How on earth can a man so wealthy make decisions about normal peoples lives. 
Nobody will convince me he can. 
He lives on a different planet. 

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Yep! Great politician. As I said earlier in another post, I liked John Smith too. I cringe thinking about Thatcher, Blair and Brown!

John Smith was good. I always liked Cook too. 
They felt like Labour men. 

il Duce McTarkin
4 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Which is why the boring twat Starmer is leading the Labour Party. 

I'd reserve judgement until he's had a go at shaking up the establishment from the inside, but the establishment is the establishment, and it's a tough gig for anyone.

The Mighty Thor
9 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

mmm, its a completely unrepresentative self selecting bunch though. 

I couldn't agree more. The fact that they tried everything in their power to bypass their own membership for leadership contest 2 speaks volumes of the contempt they hold their own membership in.

9 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Sunak is more polished and dare I say more intelligent than the past 2. 

Nothing has changed though. He's not really leading that party and he's walking a tightrope between the factions of his own party at all times. it will blow up in his face. 

He is a Tory though. A proper hard core right wing one at that. Whilst he was at school he was writing papers on Brexit. Whilst i was at school I was reading papers on Playboy, Knave & Razzle. 

8 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

8 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

It's not that Starmer isn't very good, it's that he's not at all believable. 

Sunak is most definitely right wing. He merely polishes his turd better than the previous two. 

5 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I couldn't agree more. The fact that they tried everything in their power to bypass their own membership for leadership contest 2 speaks volumes of the contempt they hold their own membership in.

Nothing has changed though. He's not really leading that party and he's walking a tightrope between the factions of his own party at all times. it will blow up in his face. 

He is a Tory though. A proper hard core right wing one at that. Whilst he was at school he was writing papers on Brexit. Whilst i was at school I was reading papers on Playboy, Knave & Razzle. 

Sunak is most definitely right wing. He merely polishes his turd better than the previous two. 

I secretly suspect you also thought Corbyn was too right wing too 😁

Some good points in there;

Starmer - strong sense that he just move with the wind and stands for nothing.

Sunak is bright and prepared to work hard, also doesn't need the money. That's a much better place than the last two grifters.

Vote - there were time issues but yeah given the dog's breakfast of the last outcome I'm sure they didn't want to risk anything.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
9 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

I think its a fair point. 

Current pressures with cost of living could see Conservatives lose even the older vote.

A hard winter could see them lose the pensioners' vote.

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Japan Jambo said:

I secretly suspect you also thought Corbyn was too right wing too 😁

Some good points in there;

Starmer - strong sense that he just move with the wind and stands for nothing.

Sunak is bright and prepared to work hard, also doesn't need the money. That's a much better place than the last two grifters.

Vote - there were time issues but yeah given the dog's breakfast of the last outcome I'm sure they didn't want to risk anything.

I thought Corbyn was like something reanimated from the political Jurassic Park of the 70's & 80's. I genuinely didn't think Corbyn was the answer to any question being asked. the public came to that conclusion too.

He was a throwback to a bygone time, the death rattle of what was the old Labour Party. 

I agree re Starmer. I think the public can see right through him too. I've said it before, once the Tory press barons get after him the whole façade will crumble pretty quickly. Once the poll lead starts to disappear then we'll see what he's got. 

I think having a PM with that wealth is a double edged sword. He's not in it for the cash but he's also so far removed from the pressures on those he represents. It's a hell of a gap to bridge and i'm not sure he's got the tools or the advisers in his party to make the leap. 

9 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

At least I believed him. 

Yes I admired salmon and he really got the Indy movement up and running pre 2014 . It’s a sin what has happened to him since really . 

9 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

👍👍

1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Maybe if you hadn’t read papers on playboy , razzle at school etc you might have become pm 

29 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I thought Corbyn was like something reanimated from the political Jurassic Park of the 70's & 80's. I genuinely didn't think Corbyn was the answer to any question being asked. the public came to that conclusion too.

He was a throwback to a bygone time, the death rattle of what was the old Labour Party. 

I agree re Starmer. I think the public can see right through him too. I've said it before, once the Tory press barons get after him the whole façade will crumble pretty quickly. Once the poll lead starts to disappear then we'll see what he's got. 

I think having a PM with that wealth is a double edged sword. He's not in it for the cash but he's also so far removed from the pressures on those he represents. It's a hell of a gap to bridge and i'm not sure he's got the tools or the advisers in his party to make the leap. 

It's a good point but I'd suggest that this isn't so much to do with the extent of his wealth so much as the general level of detachment that MP's/Westminster bubble/London has more generally with the rest of the country.

It's quite clear to me that we are living in a very privileged bubble down here, my wife is struggling to secure Sunday lunch reservations while at the same time my mum is panicking about her electricity bill and restaurants around the country are bringing down the shutters. When we talk of an energy crisis, an extra £100 for someone with a large income and a £3k mortgage has a negligible impact but for a pensioner or someone on benefits that a very large chunk/more than their disposable income. I think if the politicians of all stripes truly understood that maybe they'd come up with better answers. 

The Mighty Thor
42 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Maybe if you hadn’t read papers on playboy , razzle at school etc you might have become pm 

The paths we choose James. 

The Mighty Thor
12 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

It's a good point but I'd suggest that this isn't so much to do with the extent of his wealth so much as the general level of detachment that MP's/Westminster bubble/London has more generally with the rest of the country.

It's quite clear to me that we are living in a very privileged bubble down here, my wife is struggling to secure Sunday lunch reservations while at the same time my mum is panicking about her electricity bill and restaurants around the country are bringing down the shutters. When we talk of an energy crisis, an extra £100 for someone with a large income and a £3k mortgage has a negligible impact but for a pensioner or someone on benefits that a very large chunk/more than their disposable income. I think if the politicians of all stripes truly understood that maybe they'd come up with better answers. 

For me there's a degree of not really wanting to confront the truth of what is really going on in the country. I think they would be relatively powerless even if they did face it. 

The UK's current system born of feudalism has no place in a modern society. Westminster and all the procedural nonsense that goes with it is an anachronism and is becoming more and more obviously not fit for purpose. 

One could argue that politicians of all stripes have one aspiration and that is to make it to Westminster. That's not what it should be about. 

58 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

The paths we choose James. 

Suppose so , never read playboy or razzle when I was a teen 😂

The Mighty Thor
26 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Suppose so , never read playboy or razzle when I was a teen 😂

When I said reading, I meant looking at pictures really. 

You didn't miss much 😂

1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

You didn't miss much 😂

Reminds me of my first experience of purchasing such publications many years ago. In my nervous hurried state I grabbed whatever I could off the top shelf while the shop was empty. To my utter dismay when I got home to find it was a reader stories edition with not a single picture in sight. 😢

Learnt a lot at a young age about dealing with embarrassing situations when I returned it for an exchange. 

2 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

You didn't miss much 😂

Actually when I was a teenager my mates older brother had stacks of them I think seeing the “ readers wife’s” pics had a serious impact on me !

” Sharon from Darlington “ spread eAgle over the bonnet over a ford Cotina” was the final nail in the coffin ⚰️ 😂

1 minute ago, Dazo said:

Reminds me of my first experience of purchasing such publications many years ago. In my nervous hurried state I grabbed whatever I could off the top shelf while the shop was empty. To my utter dismay when I got home to find it was a reader stories edition with not a single picture in sight. 😢

Learnt a lot at a young age about dealing with embarrassing situations when I returned it for an exchange. 

Bobbys bookshop used to have loads of those mags , so I’ve heard 

jack D and coke

Kids today will never know the joy of going into some bushes to find your football and finding a poly bag of old bongo mags. 
Guys back then must’ve got to a stage when they just had too many and had to do some tactical operation and dump them when out walking their dog or something. 
The joy of finding such treasure…😀

5 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Kids today will never know the joy of going into some bushes to find your football and finding a poly bag of old bongo mags. 
Guys back then must’ve got to a stage when they just had too many and had to do some tactical operation and dump them when out walking their dog or something. 

I found a few in my local woods , even some with men in them ! What a day yesterday was ! 

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I found a few in my local woods , even some with men in them ! What a day yesterday was ! 

Haha aye simpler times 

20 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Haha aye simpler times 

It was simpler times . I am not for censorship but I think the easier access to porn for teenagers can really have a negative impact on their sexual development . I’ve read of lads attempting to strangle females during sex as they have seen it on porn sites and think it’s normal and consensual . Those porn videos etc have a really skewered depiction of sex , in particular regarding women . A lot of porn have women in a submissive , degraded role . A lot don’t just depict sex as a loving, caring  and consensual act between two people I think . 

The Mighty Thor
57 minutes ago, Dazo said:

As a paperboy we would offer to put out the deliveries of magazines. An education in itself. 

55 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Actually when I was a teenager my mates older brother had stacks of them I think seeing the “ readers wife’s” pics had a serious impact on me !

” Sharon from Darlington “ spread eAgle over the bonnet over a ford Cotina” was the final nail in the coffin ⚰️ 😂

I can recall a few of the 'models' from those days. Pioneers in the use of plus size I recall. 

52 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Ah the 'privet hedge' library. 

The old railway beside our high school was a popular spot for the exchange of 'reading material' 😂

14 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Wee Rashid Sunook, love it.

• 4 weeks later...
The Mighty Thor

Starmer's big speech today.

As light on detail on as Rashid's yesterday.

It would be really, really good if he actually showed some policy ideas rather than just proposing to continue the shit work being done by the Tories. 

He's even banging on about 'taking back control' FFS 

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Starmer's big speech today.

As light on detail on as Rashid's yesterday.

It would be really, really good if he actually showed some policy ideas rather than just proposing to continue the shit work being done by the Tories. 

He's even banging on about 'taking back control' FFS 

He's a complete waste of space. 

31 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

He's a complete waste of space. 

Typical British Establishment stooge like the rest. No real interest in governing. Just platitudes and reasons to find ways to enrich themselves.