Is there anything in politics more shit than the Labour Party?

Ulysses

dobmisterdobster
17 hours ago, Victorian said:

Nationalised renewable energy (maybe plus nuclear) has to be a winner.  Even Tory pigs were leaning into nationalised energy when they realised that ultra high energy bills were not going to be exclusive to the poverty plebs.  

A renewable energy company staffed by union reps and civil servants would be financial black hole. We need gas not snake oil.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• ri Alban

• Gundermann

• BlueRiver

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, dobmisterdobster said:

A renewable energy company staffed by union reps and civil servants would be financial black hole. We need gas not snake oil.

You dont have to scratch you right wing fuds long before your true colours show.

jack D and coke
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

“as a figure of speech” :rofl:

You mean as a deliberate ploy to entice more votes, until he lost and then people pretended he wasn’t serious 

Of course it was used to get people out to vote I don’t think anyone would deny that. So was another one if a material change of circumstance such as leaving the EU if we’d voted heavily to remain in it. Also when you look at the size of the lies we were told is it a case of well you shouldnt have believed us but you can whistle for another one? Is this a union or not lol? 
They can revisit the question in the GFA agreement every 7 years so why should we be denied? Scotland seems different in lots of ways where the British govt is concerned. Even the new PM before she’s even in the job comes in saying she’s going to ignore the elected leader of holyrood haha it’s farcical. People who would get run out of Scotland telling us to sit down :lol: 
Is the one vote in 315 years too many what exactly is the problem? 

32 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

“as a figure of speech” :rofl:

You mean as a deliberate ploy to entice more votes, until he lost and then people pretended he wasn’t serious 

You think the voting on the future of a nation in union with a more dominant partner , should be dependent on people tossing out terms like once in a lifetime ?

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I found it far more offensive than ANYTHING the Conservative party have said on matters of Union

This is a massive deal .

The shadow leader of the United Kingdom thinks that one of the nation states that make up that union should not be allowed to vote on pulling out of that union

An English man supposes that he has the right to tell Scotsmen who want independence from a union we did not agree to as a people , that we are to be denied the right to vote on our continued membership

………….

I will now take questions from the unionists ……..

Was it not agreed to in 2014 when we rejected the alternative?

48 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Was it not agreed to in 2014 when we rejected the alternative?

Did you think that one nation in union with a more dominant partner should have been given one opportunity to leave ?

Are you of the opinion that the leadership of the dominant nation of the union should get to decide on whether or not the smaller nation should be allowed to decide their own future ?

I assume you live in Wales , but I have no idea of your nationality . My nationality is Scottish though , and I want my nation to leave the UK , as about half of Scotland do

Does this topic affect you beyond the possibility of Scotland leaving the UK and weakening it ? Or are you Scottish living in Wales ?

it helps when discussing these things 

2 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Unions wibble.  Civil servants wibble.  There's nothing quite like witnessing the obsolete tropes and prejudices of the terminally docile.

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Did you think that one nation in union with a more dominant partner should have been given one opportunity to leave ?

Are you of the opinion that the leadership of the dominant nation of the union should get to decide on whether or not the smaller nation should be allowed to decide their own future ?

I assume you live in Wales , but I have no idea of your nationality . My nationality is Scottish though , and I want my nation to leave the UK , as about half of Scotland do

Does this topic affect you beyond the possibility of Scotland leaving the UK and weakening it ? Or are you Scottish living in Wales ?

it helps when discussing these things 

A lot of questions to answer a simple question. My take is that we agreed to the Union when we chose not to leave in 2014, so didn't agree with your take that as a people we had never agreed to it.

The other questions are broadly irrelevant to that point.

10 minutes ago, briever said:

And shall forever be preserved in aspic.

Hopefully not, but I'm not sure you can make an argument that something has never been agreed to when given the option to not have it and the answer was no, we'll keep it.

9 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Hopefully not, but I'm not sure you can make an argument that something has never been agreed to when given the option to not have it and the answer was no, we'll keep it.

He was referring to 1707 - we should never have been in a union in the first place.

Shooter McGavin
2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Unions wibble.  Civil servants wibble.  There's nothing quite like witnessing the obsolete tropes and prejudices of the terminally docile.

Our economy is f*****, pensions were going to collapse and required emergency action from the BoE, the pound recently hit an all-time low, interest rates are at their highest level for about 15 years and set to go even higher, working people can barely afford food and energy, petrol is at around 1.60 per litre and set to go up again, mortgages are about to become completely unaffordable.

And yet folk still think the alternatives to this government, and their reckless incompetence, are rubbish…

:facepalm:

Like you say, the docile will keep being docile it seems.

They’re getting mugged off the same as the rest of us but are too arrogant, or silly, to even realise or admit the fact.

1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Our economy is f*****, pensions were going to collapse and required emergency action from the BoE, the pound recently hit an all-time low, interest rates are at their highest level for about 15 years and set to go even higher, working people can barely afford food and energy, petrol is at around 1.60 per litre and set to go up again, mortgages are about to become completely unaffordable.

And yet folk still think the alternatives to this government, and their reckless incompetence, are rubbish…

They’re getting mugged off the same as the rest of us but are too arrogant, or silly, to even realise or admit the fact.

You see it on related threads from the usual jokers.  They are essentially moral nihilists.  They don't or can't give a shit about stuff.  Even if stuff has a negative effect on them.  Equally they have an overwhelming instinct to attempt to ridicule anyone who does give a shit about stuff. 

Barely even qualify as sentient.

16 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

For decades they've been fooling themselves that they are protected from the impending carnage - things will never get so bad they begin to affect me - talk about rude awakenings.

Never mind unicorns, ferries and braveheart, eh.

52 minutes ago, briever said:

He was referring to 1707 - we should never have been in a union in the first place.

Not really relevant to today and Starmer though, as in 2014 we did agree to it.

I agree with you both though and Starmer should not (and won't) have say on if Scotland gets to voice it's say on it. 👍

Edited by Taffin

il Duce McTarkin
4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

SG getting compared to the far right Italian govt by labour now😕

Fair comparison imo.

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

Fair comparison imo.

They can accused of many things…..but extremists? 
:muggy:
This snp are like mice man. 

il Duce McTarkin
6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

They can accused of many things…..but extremists? 
:muggy:
This snp are like mice man. 

They should re-brand themselves 'Brothers of Scotchland' imo.

dobmisterdobster
6 hours ago, briever said:

For decades they've been fooling themselves that they are protected from the impending carnage - things will never get so bad they begin to affect me - talk about rude awakenings.

Never mind unicorns, ferries and braveheart, eh.

When is the impending carnage due? I need to set my death watch 

manaliveits105
4 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

When is the impending carnage due? I need to set my death watch 

Ach don’t our doom throbbers are at the tickily bit 

Shooter McGavin
2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Ach don’t our doom throbbers are at the tickily bit 

Genuine question, do either of you have access to well sourced news articles, or the capacity to understand them for that matter? 

Or do you guys just read the Daily Mail, make things up in your own heads and present silly little arguments that aren’t based in reality, or have any coherent value?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
16 hours ago, Sooks said:

You think the voting on the future of a nation in union with a more dominant partner , should be dependent on people tossing out terms like once in a lifetime ?

I think you ought to ask yourself what credibility the Indy movement had when the head of it was “tossing out terms like that”.

Oh, but Indy Scotland will produce a better standard of politician 🙄

jack D and coke
31 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I think you ought to ask yourself what credibility the Indy movement had when the head of it was “tossing out terms like that”.

Nobody tossed it out. It was to maximise engagement. For all we knew the vote could’ve been No and the Yes movement then collapses and we all went back to voting Labour and never another referendum ever again. We might’ve got good government and people would’ve let let it all go. However it’s been a smouldering fire of bad govt into the complete and utter skip fire we see today. It’s still be defended it’s mind blowing man. 
You have to try make people get involved in something that big so once in a generation was exactly the slogan to use imo. If there’s another No then I do believe that will be it for a considerable period of time at the very least. It would certainly be over for me anyway and likely go live somewhere else. 
The winds change direction in politics. Except in England tbh that is where we might get a term of Labour every 20-30 years then back to almost perpetual Tory again. 
Enough imo. 

10 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Fascist rhetoric always sounds better in the Italian language I feel 😂😎

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Fascist rhetoric always sounds better in the Italian language I feel 😂😎

Agreed :lol: 

That Italian woman is a great orator and says things that resonate you can see how they get there. 
She’s not too shabby on the eye either an all which always helps😁

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I could not care less how credible you think that makes them

The fact remains it is up to the sovereign people of a nation in union as to whether or not they want to remain a part of that union . It is not up to the other nation we are unified with , and it is certainly not up to Kier Starmer 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I could not care less how credible you think that makes them

The fact remains it is up to the sovereign people of a nation in union as to whether or not they want to remain a part of that union . It is not up to the other nation we are unified with , and it is certainly not up to Kier Starmer 

Credibility is half the argument ffs

But it doesn’t matter when independence is involved 

13 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Agreed :lol: 

That Italian woman is a great orator and says things that resonate you can see how they get there. 
She’s not too shabby on the eye either an all which always helps😁

I was going to say she wasn’t Too shy on the eye too but I remember getting a kicking on this for saying marine le pen was no a bad looker ! Something to do with misogyny or it’s ilk 😂

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Credibility is half the argument ffs

But it doesn’t matter when independence is involved 

It matters not a jot in this circumstance , all that matters is that the sovereign people of Scotland get to make their own decision

May be if the SNP had plastered on the side of a bus in massive letters , but they did not , their leader described it as a once in a lifetime event because at that point it was to all intents and purposes ................................. then we had a referendum on leaving the EU .................................... every thing changed

15 hours ago, Taffin said:

Not really relevant to today and Starmer though, as in 2014 we did agree to it.

I agree with you both though and Starmer should not (and won't) have say on if Scotland gets to voice it's say on it. 👍

Who's we?

3 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I was going to say she wasn’t Too shy on the eye too but I remember getting a kicking on this for saying marine le pen was no a bad looker ! Something to do with misogyny or it’s ilk 😂

Its two different things ................................ Id quite happily play hide the sausage with Priti Patel and shes just about evil incarnate 

10 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Was this after GSTheirK whilst flagshagging the onion jock.

Just now, ri Alban said:

Who's we?

Those eligible to vote in the 2014 referendum.

Unfortunately not just the pure bred  'Hey You Jimmy's' you'd have liked.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Its two different things ................................ Id quite happily play hide the sausage with Priti Patel and shes just about evil incarnate 

True . I’d happily play where’s the sausage with Dominic Rabb 

il Duce McTarkin
6 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Ah, Governor Claymore, so nice to see you. :joker:

If I was the Governor I'd have called you Konnie.

:seething: