Is there anything in politics more shit than the Labour Party?

Ulysses

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

They might miss a trick.  They're going down the route of zero cooperation under all circumstances.  No deals,  pacts,  coalitions,  etc.  It might tend to entrench voting intentions.  They should now formulate a policy of no independence + enhanced devolution.  Something moving towards federal arrangements or devo-max.  More tax and spend and some borrowing powers within a framework.  They need something to chip away at the floating SNP-Lab vote.

It's Independence or nothing. Shove your Devo maxa up yer arse.i hope labour need the SNP for power and they tell labour to ram it.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• ri Alban

• Gundermann

• BlueRiver

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Spitonastranger
1 hour ago, briever said:

Imagine declaring that you wont work with the democratically elected party of Scotland - WTF does he think he is?

To be fair he won't work with unions either, he mustn't know the history of the Labour Party 🙄 

4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

It's Independence or nothing. Shove your Devo maxa up yer arse.i hope labour need the SNP for power and they tell labour to ram it.

What a charmer you are.  By the way,  I wasn't even suggesting it as something I want.  I was suggesting it as a possible Labour election policy.  

Are you a child Ri?  You surely act like one.

Scots ain't voting Labour unless they guarantee an Indyref. That's not happening, so Scots will continue to vote for the party who will eventually take us to independence. 

Oh and btw, if the court favours the SG, we won't be voting in the next rUK GE. I bet no ***** even thinks about that. Scotland will be gone.

Shooter McGavin
7 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Keef showing his true colours here..

The bottom one here👆🏼

Had a quick look at the replies to the original tweet, just a bunch of tories criticising Starmer and Labours economics without even a hint of irony.

Nationalised renewable energy (maybe plus nuclear) has to be a winner.  Even Tory pigs were leaning into nationalised energy when they realised that ultra high energy bills were not going to be exclusive to the poverty plebs.  

7 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Keef showing his true colours here..

The bottom one here👆🏼

It's not his to nationalise. Scotland will be gone, with her Own Scottish Energy.

Edited by ri Alban

On 27/07/2022 at 18:56, jambo89 said:

At my heart, I’m a labour supporter. I’ve voted SNP for the past few elections as I’m in favour of independence, but feel, ideologically speaking, I’ve always been labour. 

This isn’t labour though. This is a sham of a Labour Party and has been for a couple of years now. If anything Sam Tarry symbolises what labour is about, a principled politician standing up for the working man.

Summed up perfectly for a great many Scots 

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

It's not his to nationalise. Scotland will be gone, with her Own Scottish Energy.

Labour are incredibly arrogant about Scotland despite only having the one tory boy representing them up here nowadays. Add to their Tory coalitions they really need completely wiped out again to remind them we seen right through them years ago. 
But it was the second video in my post bud lol👍🏼

2D2D79D8-1EE4-41B3-926A-409D56DF0277.jpeg

Edited by jack D and coke

Konrad von Carstein
18 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Just remembered that Starmer wanted 

“ harder and longer “ lockdowns so they can bolt 😂 call it a u turn 😂 anyway my local mp is Joanna cherry and shes terrific . 

The above is is my recollection as well.

NB: I am in no way a fan of Sur Keef...

10 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

The above is is my recollection as well.

NB: I am in no way a fan of Sur Keef...

Oh I don’t want to get into a debate about they thorny issue 😂 however he is wrong. 

1 minute ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

:rolleyes5:

:)

It’s my new debating style on this 😂 not getting into Long winded , explosive arguments . I’m a chilled person now   ! And I’m mostly right 😂😂 have a great day 👍

Konrad von Carstein
14 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

It’s my new debating style on this 😂 not getting into Long winded , explosive arguments . I’m a chilled person now   ! And I’m mostly right 😂😂 have a great day 👍

Backatcha :cowboy:

4 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Labour are incredibly arrogant about Scotland despite only having the one tory boy representing them up here nowadays. Add to their Tory coalitions they really need completely wiped out again to remind them we seen right through them years ago. 

Even for those useless out of touch ******s , that is a spectacular PR hatchet job on themselves ............................... They are going to try and take away the sovereign Scottish peoples right to choose whether or not we are part of a union , whether there is evidence that it is the will of those sovereign people to be independent or not ?

5 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

You know what that leads to. 

I loved the rapturous applause from the mostly English Labour delegates when Starmer announced that they would never work with the SNP. 

Happy to work with the Tories in Scotland but never the SNP. 

I'm not an SNP voter, but this is probably a massive part of the reason Labour are dead in Scotland. 

jack D and coke
44 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

You know what that leads to. 

They’d never say we’d block forever either rejoining or joining then leaving the EU again for example but half of Scotland is to sit down and be ignored it’s absolutely bonkers stuff. 
At a time they should be shoring it all up they’re making people like me consider never voting for them again. 

Malinga the Swinga
27 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

I loved the rapturous applause from the mostly English Labour delegates when Starmer announced that they would never work with the SNP. 

I'm not an SNP voter, but this is probably a massive part of the reason Labour are dead in Scotland. 

He has to say that to appeal to the ditherers and Tory voters on Scotland to try and ensure that Labour picks up their vote. Could make difference between winning marginal seats in Scotland which in turn, reduces number of seats they need to win in rest of GE.

If he hadn't said it, Labour would be dead in water as SNP voters would still vote SNP and those who oppose SNP would turn to Liberals or Tory.

43 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Labour/tory, no real difference. 

dobmisterdobster

Labour cannot form a government with the SNP. That would be insulting for obvious reasons.

On topic. Ed Millipede's pie in the sky energy proposals is the main thing putting me off. Talk about trippling down on failed ideas that got us in this crisis to begin with.

35 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

They’d never say we’d block forever either rejoining or joining then leaving the EU again for example but half of Scotland is to sit down and be ignored it’s absolutely bonkers stuff. 
At a time they should be shoring it all up they’re making people like me consider never voting for them again. 

I see the simple people don't understand, when I call folk born here who voted no, British. They always need to bring the ruk into it. 

On 27/09/2022 at 06:35, Lord BJ said:

I have no idea if they would be any good at it or not. That said I think next PM will be a Tory one as I think Truss will be gone before the next GE as the tories will be full on desperado mode. 

Given the candidates they had in this summer's leadership race, do you really think that they (a) can come up with one more appealing than Truss and (b ) will vote for him/her? They're in the grip of the UKIP/Brexit Party/NF/etc. movement that they chummed up with around 2016-2019. They won't find anyone much more electable than Truss and, given how utterly dogshit she is, that's quite a state of affairs.

21 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Rupa Huq :facepalm:

Her constituency is the next one along from where I live. Mates for whom she is MP have never had a good word to say about her. She is lazy and never responds to emails asking for help. They won't miss her if she's turfed out at the next election (and they're far from being tories).

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Even for those useless out of touch ******s , that is a spectacular PR hatchet job on themselves ............................... They are going to try and take away the sovereign Scottish peoples right to choose whether or not we are part of a union , whether there is evidence that it is the will of those sovereign people to be independent or not ?

It's a numbers game. They want votes in Scotland. At the last count, 55% were against independence and were told that it would be a 'once in a generation' thing. If I were looking for support, that's the market I would aim for, what with it being bigger.

28 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Given the candidates they had in this summer's leadership race, do you really think that they (a) can come up with one more appealing than Truss and (b ) will vote for him/her? They're in the grip of the UKIP/Brexit Party/NF/etc. movement that they chummed up with around 2016-2019. They won't find anyone much more electable than Truss and, given how utterly dogshit she is, that's quite a state of affairs.

Her constituency is the next one along from where I live. Mates for whom she is MP have never had a good word to say about her. She is lazy and never responds to emails asking for help. They won't miss her if she's turfed out at the next election (and they're far from being tories).

It's a numbers game. They want votes in Scotland. At the last count, 55% were against independence and were told that it would be a 'once in a generation' thing. If I were looking for support, that's the market I would aim for, what with it being bigger.

No they weren't.

12 minutes ago, briever said:

No they weren't.

“The Edinburgh Agreement states that a referendum must be held by the end of 2014. There is no arrangement in place for another referendum on independence. It is the view of the current Scottish Government that a referendum is a once-in-a-generation opportunity."

- The Scottish Government's White Paper.

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, Sarah O said:

Exactly, someone mentioned on here the other day about lending their SNP vote to Labour just to help oust the Tories, but after that speech, I think they've shot themselves in the foot as no sane Scottish thinking person will touch them with a bargepole now, there will be no votes loaned anywhere! 

51 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

On the other hand they have already lost a massive part of their electorate due to their point blank refusal to consider that their historic pool up here were awash with pro independence voters

They lost those voters and they will never win them back unless the party up here becomes independent of the English head office and places itself open to the idea of Scottish Independence

Flat out right telling traditional Labour voters who want independence that they will not get the opportunity to vote for it on their watch is Scottish electoral suicide for any left leaning party 

2 hours ago, Sarah O said:

Yip

7 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Exactly, someone mentioned on here the other day about lending their SNP vote to Labour just to help oust the Tories, but after that speech, I think they've shot themselves in the foot as no sane Scottish thinking person will touch them with a bargepole now, there will be no votes loaned anywhere! 

Yip again 

14 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

“The Edinburgh Agreement states that a referendum must be held by the end of 2014. There is no arrangement in place for another referendum on independence. It is the view of the current Scottish Government that a referendum is a once-in-a-generation opportunity."

- The Scottish Government's White Paper.

Agreement between the United Kingdom Government and the Scottish Government on a referendum on independence for Scotland (publishing.service.gov.uk)

Not in here.

The line was uttered by Salmond as a figure of speech - Johnson said the same in 2019 GE.

Even if it were to be the case, a political generation has passed.

Brexit 

Was used by the unionist NO campaign as a reason for EU descended people here to vote against independence

Then the same people and parties who used it as a reason to not vote for independence decided to promote leaving the EU anyway

Then the UK voted to leave the EU

Now all the people in Scotland who wanted to be independent before have been joined by many of the people who were worried about being dragged out of the EU

THERE ABSOLUTELY IS A CASE FOR A NEW INDEPENDENCE REFERENDUM

We can argue all day long on here about whether or not we want to be an independent nation and people or not

What absolutely can not be taken away from the sovereign people of Scotland is the right TO CHOOSE

Keir can ****ing well come up here to stand in my local square , and tell me and every one else who lives here , how he plans to take away our right to choose ,  any time he likes 

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Brexit 

Was used by the unionist NO campaign as a reason for EU descended people here to vote against independence

Then the same people and parties who used it as a reason to not vote for independence decided to promote leaving the EU anyway

Then the UK voted to leave the EU

Now all the people in Scotland who wanted to be independent before have been joined by many of the people who were worried about being dragged out of the EU

THERE ABSOLUTELY IS A CASE FOR A NEW INDEPENDENCE REFERENDUM

The last few years of this British govt are enough case for a referendum imo. 
Instead of denying it why don’t they defeat it with the arguments? 
They can’t though because it’s an utter ****ing skip fire.
Now Labour are telling us they’re intending bricking up the exit for good lolololol aye ok Anus and Keef we see you. 

Vote Labour and get Tory :lol: 

****. Right. Off. 

25 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

The last few years of this British govt are enough case for a referendum imo. 
Instead of denying it why don’t they defeat it with the arguments? 
They can’t though because it’s an utter ****ing skip fire.
Now Labour are telling us they’re intending bricking up the exit for good lolololol aye ok Anus and Keef we see you. 

Vote Labour and get Tory :lol: 

****. Right. Off. 

I agree but quite apart from that the unified government of the United countries should never be allowed to dictate to a nation member whether or not they can leave that union

This is democracy 1 . 0 1

The Old Tolbooth
12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I agree but quite apart from that the unified government of the United countries should never be allowed to dictate to a nation member whether or not they can leave that union

This is democracy 1 . 0 1

Exactly, it was an illegal union in the first place that nobody wanted, I found Starmer's whole tone and wording against us pretty offensive to be honest, he stopped short of singing the line of their national dirge about "rebellious Scots to crush", my hatred levels for him and his party went through the roof after that speech. 

4 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Exactly, it was an illegal union in the first place that nobody wanted, I found Starmer's whole tone and wording against us pretty offensive to be honest, he stopped short of singing the line of their national dirge about "rebellious Scots to crush", my hatred levels for him and his party went through the roof after that speech. 

I found it far more offensive than ANYTHING the Conservative party have said on matters of Union

This is a massive deal .

The shadow leader of the United Kingdom thinks that one of the nation states that make up that union should not be allowed to vote on pulling out of that union

An English man supposes that he has the right to tell Scotsmen who want independence from a union we did not agree to as a people , that we are to be denied the right to vote on our continued membership

………….

I will now take questions from the unionists ……..

2 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

If you want a Labour government, vote Labour.

Blackford and his "people of Scotland routine" isn't going to change anything

Too many people wanted a Labour government and were denied it for decades ………… thankfully independence can open that door to those who were disappointed 

13 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

If you want a Labour government, vote Labour.

Blackford and his "people of Scotland routine" isn't going to change anything

Basic arithmetic beyond you I see.

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Amazing how you can be so wrong. The only way out of Tory rule is Labour government. 

Any same Scottish person would agree. That counts a few of the fruit loopers on here who prefer Tartan Tories in shape of SNP.

4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Amazing how you can be so wrong. The only way out of Tory rule is Labour government. 

Any same Scottish person would agree. That counts a few of the fruit loopers on here who prefer Tartan Tories in shape of SNP.

Any sane Scottish person understands that only independence can get us out of almost perpetual Tory rule - so that rules you out.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, briever said:

Agreement between the United Kingdom Government and the Scottish Government on a referendum on independence for Scotland (publishing.service.gov.uk)

Not in here.

The line was uttered by Salmond as a figure of speech - Johnson said the same in 2019 GE.

Even if it were to be the case, a political generation has passed.

“as a figure of speech” :rofl:

You mean as a deliberate ploy to entice more votes, until he lost and then people pretended he wasn’t serious 

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

“as a figure of speech” :rofl:

You mean as a deliberate ploy to entice more votes, until he lost and then people pretended he wasn’t serious 

No, it's a figure of speech to emphasise the importance of a vote - like your Johnson said in 2019.

1 minute ago, briever said:

No, it's a figure of speech to emphasise the importance of a vote - like your Johnson said in 2019.

It's quite obvious. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, briever said:

“your Johnson” :lol:

Unlike you, I don’t rate any of these *****

The Old Tolbooth
12 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

7 minutes ago, briever said:

Any sane Scottish person understands that only independence can get us out of almost perpetual Tory rule - so that rules you out.

Bang on the cash and saved me replying to him, I genuinely don't get why anyone who is domiciled in Scotland wouldn't want away from this circus, let them sink on their own without plundering our resources even further, it'll be a joy to watch once we're free!