Is there anything in politics more shit than the Labour Party?

Ulysses

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• ri Alban

• Gundermann

• BlueRiver

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

dobmisterdobster
21 hours ago, Victorian said:

Unions wibble.  Civil servants wibble.  There's nothing quite like witnessing the obsolete tropes and prejudices of the terminally docile.

Robin Hood Energy: The failed council firm that cost city millions

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-54056695

21 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

And yet folk still think the alternatives to this government, and their reckless incompetence, are rubbish…

This particular proposal is a terrible idea and has already failed before.

il Duce McTarkin
47 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

:clyay:

:muggy:

7 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

:look:

:muggy:

5 hours ago, Sooks said:

Sinn Fein lady 

MON.jpg

image.png.3ee85dcb1b498d8ad5ab7e7258096ebc.png

3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

At the risk of adding to the entendre collection, you missed a conjunction.

More the merrier I suppose 

I P Knightley
7 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

a) It would appear by polling, that pretty much any other mp would be more appealing than Truss; outside maybe the chancellor. 

b) if they need to elect a new leader they will that’s just a process. 

I think Truss is an absolute disaster. The tories get jittery about getting a hammering at next GE and her general direction. We see a leadership contest which she looses and a Tories elect someone else, who has no option but to call for a GE. 

I don’t see Truss lasting long, she was never popular amongst the MP’s. It was the membership that got her the job. 

I think Truss will go down as the worst PM we’ve had in modern history. The only way I see Truss leading the tories into a GE is her crazy economic policies is via a stroke of luck; like war in Ukraine ending. 

I also as aside think it will be market turmoil that will trigger her end. I think she doubles down on the stupidity of her economic policies. 

I've flushed away tolies that would be more appealing than Truss, so your first point is spot on.

The trouble is that the people who nominate and elect the leader eventually believed that Truss was the very dab. Next time round, I don't know which ones would put themselves up for it; Braverman's stupid enough to think she's good enough; Sunak will probably retire with his billions. Mordaunt would possibly make the last two but the ERG would put up another arsehole like Brexit hardman, Steve Baker who's about as unfit as Truss is.

They've got a brass enough collective neck to dump Truss and have another leadership election without thinking they should go to the polls in a GE. They really are an awful, shit, self-serving bunch of utter buffoons and *******s.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

I've flushed away tolies that would be more appealing than Truss, so your first point is spot on.

The trouble is that the people who nominate and elect the leader eventually believed that Truss was the very dab. Next time round, I don't know which ones would put themselves up for it; Braverman's stupid enough to think she's good enough; Sunak will probably retire with his billions. Mordaunt would possibly make the last two but the ERG would put up another arsehole like Brexit hardman, Steve Baker who's about as unfit as Truss is.

They've got a brass enough collective neck to dump Truss and have another leadership election without thinking they should go to the polls in a GE. They really are an awful, shit, self-serving bunch of utter buffoons and *******s.

The Tories are notoriously ruthless . They even ousted and booted out Thatcher ! 

1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

The term you're looking for is kakistocracy.

59 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

There’s a thread for Tory bashing jog on this thread is for how shit Labour are 

which they are . 

The thread asks if there's anything more shit than the labour party? And obviously there is. The Tories. 

Shooter McGavin
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

The thread asks if there's anything more shit than the labour party? And obviously there is. The Tories. 

Another swing and a miss from ol’ manalive

Jeffros Furios
2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

There’s a thread for Tory bashing jog on this thread is for how shit Labour are 

which they are . 

IN KEIR WE TRUST  .....

19 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

a) It would appear by polling, that pretty much any other mp would be more appealing than Truss; outside maybe the chancellor. 

b) if they need to elect a new leader they will that’s just a process. 

I think Truss is an absolute disaster. The tories get jittery about getting a hammering at next GE and her general direction. We see a leadership contest which she looses and a Tories elect someone else, who has no option but to call for a GE. 

I don’t see Truss lasting long, she was never popular amongst the MP’s. It was the membership that got her the job. 

I think Truss will go down as the worst PM we’ve had in modern history. The only way I see Truss leading the tories into a GE is her crazy economic policies is via a stroke of luck; like war in Ukraine ending. 

I also as aside think it will be market turmoil that will trigger her end. I think she doubles down on the stupidity of her economic policies. 

11 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

I think the membership are more often than not going to be the people who will benefit most from the tax cuts to the highest paid ............................................. that is why she was most popular and that is why she refusing to rule out slashing the welfare system to fund the tax cuts 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Ulysses said:

Yep, but still a lot more than "winning the argument".

I think they achieved as much as Thatcher and Major together they were in power for 18 years, Blair and Brown managed 13 years. Their achievements will be argued in the centuries to come.

46 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I think they achieved as much as Thatcher and Major together they were in power for 18 years, Blair and Brown managed 13 years. Their achievements will be argued in the centuries to come.

So adding the 2 together, it could at least be argued that we had 31 years of stable government whether you liked it or not. 4 PMs in that time.

The current mob are on their 5th PM in 12 and a half years. If you take out David Cameron, it’s 4 in 6 and a half years. Mental stuff. 

6 hours ago, jambos are go! said:

See the separatists focus has switched to Labour now they look like winning the next General Election.

:rofl:In your tiny mind. They should win in England, but will they. They've absolutely no chance up here. But keep up the fantasy. :rofl: 

We(The Scots of Scotland) won't be here to vote, anyway. You mini Brits can go to big britland, if you want. Via Rwanda mind. 👍

11 hours ago, jambos are go! said:

See the separatists focus has switched to Labour now they look like winning the next General Election.

They're just the same as the Tories. British Establishment flunkies. Westminster is not fit for purpose with its scorched earth policies. There's only so much the SG can do to mitigate the clustefck that is defacto the parliament of England. 

5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

What did Thatcher achieve? Except putting boats full of gays down to the Falklands to fight about 12 Argentine territorial army weekenders. And the destruction of Scotland and the biggest recession know to man. Unemployment makes the Tory a very rich scumbag. 

Thatcher destroyed the fabric of the UK for me. I realised she was an English Nationalist and thought fk that! She was a nutter!

Malinga the Swinga

Even by Ri's standards, that's a shocker. Manages to put boot into army and have a go at gays in same sentence, before ending up slagging Thatcher.

It's all the nationalists favourites in one glorious paragraph of bile.

jambos are go!
7 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

They're just the same as the Tories. British Establishment flunkies. Westminster is not fit for purpose with its scorched earth policies. There's only so much the SG can do to mitigate the clustefck that is defacto the parliament of England. 

So why do you think some nationalists are having a rethink?

On 27/09/2022 at 14:45, ri Alban said:

The UK was fine under labour, they didn't cause the global crash. 

Just catching up on this thread and it was Gordon Brown that presided over the deregulation of the UK banking sector that ultimately led to the crash. The same enlightened Chancellor who said “no more boom and bust” a basic tenet taught in any secondary school economics class that all capitalist economies are cyclical which means ‘boom and bust’.

2 hours ago, Hook said:

Just catching up on this thread and it was Gordon Brown that presided over the deregulation of the UK banking sector that ultimately led to the crash. The same enlightened Chancellor who said “no more boom and bust” a basic tenet taught in any secondary school economics class that all capitalist economies are cyclical which means ‘boom and bust’.

Perhaps it increased exposure to it but the crash started due to the subprime mortgage crisis in the US. Nothing we did ultimately led to it. 

On 20/11/2022 at 01:16, John Findlay said:

You're absolutely right.  I suppose my point (and the point of the comparison visual) was that before a politician can achieve anything, they first have to get into office - which Blair did and Corbyn didn't.

In a century or two from now history will remember Thatcher and Blair, whether favourably or not.  Brown, Major and the others will be footnotes or one-liners at best, IMO.  Corbyn won't even manage a footnote.

6 hours ago, BlueRiver said:

Perhaps it increased exposure to it but the crash started due to the subprime mortgage crisis in the US. Nothing we did ultimately led to it. 

It was the lack of regulation and therefore scrutiny of the banking sector, particularly investment banks, that enabled them to effectively have free reign in what they traded which meant that subprime mortgages became the cause of the crash both here under Brown’s stewardship and in the US under Clinton.

2 hours ago, Hook said:

It was the lack of regulation and therefore scrutiny of the banking sector, particularly investment banks, that enabled them to effectively have free reign in what they traded which meant that subprime mortgages became the cause of the crash both here under Brown’s stewardship and in the US under Clinton.

Except it was largely caused and born in America. We could’ve had greater regulation of banks and yet still been impacted. 

8 hours ago, Ulysses said:

You're absolutely right.  I suppose my point (and the point of the comparison visual) was that before a politician can achieve anything, they first have to get into office - which Blair did and Corbyn didn't.

In a century or two from now history will remember Thatcher and Blair, whether favourably or not.  Brown, Major and the others will be footnotes or one-liners at best, IMO.  Corbyn won't even manage a footnote.

Nah…he won the argument. Epoch changing stuff. 

8 hours ago, Ulysses said:

I dont disagree. Michael Foote, the defeated Labour leader in 1983 being a perfect example. Neil Kinnock barely rates a mention. On the other side William Hague, and Ian Duncan Smith spring to mind.

1 hour ago, BlueRiver said:

Except it was largely caused and born in America. We could’ve had greater regulation of banks and yet still been impacted. 

Being impacted and the causes that led to being impacted, although related, are two separate matters. The actions, or indeed lack of action, by Brown in the lead up to the crash makes him complicit in the ultimate causes of the financial and social outcomes. A lightly regulated British bank, RBS/Nat West, played a significant role in these outcomes.

Edited by Hook

2 hours ago, Hook said:

Being impacted and the causes that led to being impacted, although related, are two separate matters. The actions, or indeed lack of action, by Brown in the lead up to the crash makes him complicit in the ultimate causes of the financial and social outcomes. A lightly regulated British bank, RBS/Nat West, played a significant role in these outcomes.

They don’t however make statements like his deregulation ultimately led to the crash accurate which was what you initially said. 

He could’ve done whatever he pleased with banks here and the crash would have still started in the states and infected the rest of us. Level of exposure is a different topic but New Labour did not cause the crash.

21 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Even by Ri's standards, that's a shocker. Manages to put boot into army and have a go at gays in same sentence, before ending up slagging Thatcher.

It's all the nationalists favourites in one glorious paragraph of bile.

It was a mistake. It was meant to be guys.