Is there anything in politics more shit than the Labour Party?

Ulysses

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Gundermann

• ri Alban

• BlueRiver

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Spitonastranger
50 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Starmer's big speech today.

As light on detail on as Rashid's yesterday.

It would be really, really good if he actually showed some policy ideas rather than just proposing to continue the shit work being done by the Tories. 

He's even banging on about 'taking back control' FFS 

Did he have any opinion on the Tories taking away people's right to strike 

jack D and coke

Keir Sunak/Rishi Starmer

Up here an utterly tragic SNP these days. 
It’s a thoroughly depressing state of affairs the options available. 

Starmer is a fraud and the Labour party are no longer the labour party. Too busy looking for the Tory vote and forgotten who they are supposed to be for. He's shit scared of Brexit, if he had any balls he'd promise to reserve it without a referendum.

4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Keir Sunak/Rishi Starmer

I'm done, bud. Feck the lot of them. 

The Real Maroonblood
14 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Totally understandable.

Depressing times.

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Totally understandable.

Depressing times.

They're all the same. Why they all kneel at big business, is beyond me. Tax them all to feck. If people believe they won't invest in the UK economy, they must be right mugs. Billions to be made even at very high tax. And if they do, nationalise the companies. BT, BP, Shell, Scottish gas, Scottish power, etc... etc... Make these ***** stop taking all the wealth out the country. 

Wealth out, debt replaces it, serviced by the taxpayers.

jack D and coke
16 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Aye I’m at the same stage. 

SNP I just don’t know what they are anymore tbh. I’m disgusted with them. 
Labour will get in for one term probably , well that’s if the palest greyest man doesn’t get destroyed by the scum media (it’s not a shoe in yet) and then it’s back to Tory dogshit for another ten years. 
Place is going doing the toilet in every measurable way. 

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

Aye I’m at the same stage. 

SNP I just don’t know what they are anymore tbh. I’m disgusted with them. 
Labour will get in for one term probably , well that’s if the palest greyest man doesn’t get destroyed by the scum media (it’s not a shoe in yet) and then it’s back to Tory dogshit for another ten years. 
Place is going doing the toilet in every measurable way. 

Put money on Boris being PM come June.

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

They're all the same. Why they all kneel at big business, is beyond me. Tax them all to feck. If people believe they won't invest in the UK economy, they must be right mugs. Billions to be made even at very high tax. And if they do, nationalise the companies. BT, BP, Shell, Scottish gas, Scottish power, etc... etc... Make these ***** stop taking all the wealth out the country. 

Wealth out, debt replaces it, serviced by the taxpayers.

It’s too late I reckon. There’s only really the NHS left to sell.

Then they’ll have to find ways to sell the people. 
Freeports are a start. 

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Put money on Boris being PM come June.

The people in this country are so ****ing dumb it honestly wouldn’t surprise me. 

The Mighty Thor
43 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

Nothing.

He's being so well managed by his handlers that he avoids anything that could even remotely be used to trip him up.

Nothing about strikes or strikers, nothing about the 'bonfire of EU laws' nothing on anything.

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

The people in this country are so ****ing dumb it honestly wouldn’t surprise me. 

It's already planned for after the elections in May.

Spitonastranger
17 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Nothing.

He's being so well managed by his handlers that he avoids anything that could even remotely be used to trip him up.

Nothing about strikes or strikers, nothing about the 'bonfire of EU laws' nothing on anything.

Thanks 

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Starmer's big speech today.

As light on detail on as Rashid's yesterday.

It would be really, really good if he actually showed some policy ideas rather than just proposing to continue the shit work being done by the Tories. 

He's even banging on about 'taking back control' FFS 

Without sounding like a broken record , he can’t even acknowledge what a woman is . I’m telling you that issue as well as many other issues will be his and labours undoing at the next election . 

1 hour ago, Spitonastranger said:

He wouldn’t even join a picket line . We are talking about a Labour leader ! 

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Starmer is a fraud and the Labour party are no longer the labour party. Too busy looking for the Tory vote and forgotten who they are supposed to be for. He's shit scared of Brexit, if he had any balls he'd promise to reserve it without a referendum.

How dare you assume he had balls 🏀 Just cause he’s a man 😂

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Keir Sunak/Rishi Starmer

Its terrible when your 1st action is to figure out who the least worst is.

The Mighty Thor
10 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Without sounding like a broken record , he can’t even acknowledge what a woman is . I’m telling you that issue as well as many other issues will be his and labours undoing at the next election . 

I suspect that particular issue, whilst close to your heart, will be well down the list (most likely not even on the list) of issues that will determine where people put their X at the next election. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Starmer is just a slightly more palatable version of the Tories. It’s quite scary that politicians are so reluctant to rock the boat

1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Nothing.

Apart from this 

The Mighty Thor
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Apart from this 

FFS I actually sat and listened to his shit speech earlier on too and never heard that at all.  😂

I'm blaming LBC News. 

JudyJudyJudy
25 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I suspect that particular issue, whilst close to your heart, will be well down the list (most likely not even on the list) of issues that will determine where people put their X at the next election. 

It’ll be a factor regarding Truth and honesty and the media will Use it quite rightly to crucify Statmer imo 

JudyJudyJudy
19 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Apart from this 

Well that’s good news at least 

jack D and coke
11 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

It’ll be a factor regarding Truth and honesty and the media will Use it quite rightly to crucify Statmer imo 

They’re all at it James. Penny Mordaunt was all for trans rights until she got a sniff of the pm job then suddenly had a change of heart. The SG’s panel has Uber unionist labour guys like Duncan Hotherall on board too. 
It’s weaponised by god knows who. 
Utterly bizarre. All of it. 

He'll say what's required to get elected so who knows, maybe when in power he will go back to his old 'Competent Corbyn' stance as opposed to just not being as crap as the Tories.

His big problem is that unlike Blair who came to power with a growing economy,  he has been given the ultimate hospital pass, with Tory austerity,  economic policy and Brexit fecking public services and the economy 

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

They’re all at it James. Penny Mordaunt was all for trans rights until she got a sniff of the pm job then suddenly had a change of heart. The SG’s panel has Uber unionist labour guys like Duncan Hotherall on board too. 
It’s weaponised by god knows who. 
Utterly bizarre. All of it. 

Well the polls in Scotland were 2 thirds against the self ID issue so it’s a vote winner for the Tories really 

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Well the polls in Scotland were 2 thirds against the self ID issue so it’s a vote winner for the Tories really 

And NS still streets in front as most trusted politician or whatever it was. 
People ain’t voting Tory up here. Or labour imo. 
Labour will take some tory votes and apparently Alba will overtake Lib Dem’s. 

Edited by jack D and coke

JudyJudyJudy
14 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

And NS still streets in front as most trusted politician or whatever it was. 
People ain’t voting Tory up here. Or labour imo. 
Labour will take some tory votes and apparently Alba will overtake Lib Dem’s. 

Tories not really bothered about Scottish votes in a wesminster election really so they can appeal to their core group down south 

jack D and coke
15 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Tories not really bothered about Scottish votes in a wesminster election really so they can appeal to their core group down south 

Neither labour nor conservatives need to care a jot about a single vote up here I suppose.

It’s been proven that they don’t need a single vote up here to win a GE. 

JudyJudyJudy
9 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Neither labour nor conservatives need to care a jot about a single vote up here I suppose.

It’s been proven that they don’t need a single vote up here to win a GE. 

Yep . 

Jeffros Furios

Don't mind Keir or his shadow cabinet, I get the impression that some of them actually care about the NHS and the county

Whereas the tory filth are only bothered about themselves and thier backers .

I know it's not a high benchmark to be better than the tory filth but it is what it is .

Arise Sir Keir our next PM :robbo:

When he visits our first minister he can stay at our new hotel .. :wub:

Did anyone bother listening or researching?  Starmer has clearly said that Labour would repeal any legislation to bring in these anti industrial action laws.

He also,  quite clearly,  talked about empowering regions and cities with powers currently retained centrally.  A policy is what that is.

He also,  quite clearly,  said his policy would be to conduct talks and negotiations with unions,  instead of refusing to discuss pay because of bullshit 'independent review panel' decisions and using public sector employers as proxy stooges.  A policy.

Edited by Victorian

27 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Did anyone bother listening or researching?  Starmer has clearly said that Labour would repeal any legislation to bring in these anti industrial action laws.

He also,  quite clearly,  talked about empowering regions and cities with powers currently retained centrally.  A policy is what that is.

He also,  quite clearly,  said his policy would be to conduct talks and negotiations with unions,  instead of refusing to discuss pay because of bullshit 'independent review panel' decisions and using public sector employers as proxy stooges.  A policy.

:bigyawn: He said nothing. A Tory ******* in a labour disguise.

7 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

:bigyawn: He said nothing. A Tory ******* in a labour disguise.

I must have imagined the interview I thought I watched.

The red Tory schtick is really dumb.

John Findlay
37 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Between 1997-2010  can you tell me which anti union laws the labour government repealed that were brought in under Thatcher and Major Conservative governments?

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

Between 1997-2010  can you tell me which anti union laws the labour government repealed that were brought in under Thatcher and Major Conservative governments?

No.  But I was referring to Starmer and Labour's words today.  Whether they do repeal any new laws is open to opinion.  If they don't then they'll need to answer for it.  But that's their position at the moment.

il Duce McTarkin
3 hours ago, Costanza said:

He'll say what's required to get elected so who knows, maybe when in power he will go back to his old 'Competent Corbyn' stance as opposed to just not being as crap as the Tories.

His big problem is that unlike Blair who came to power with a growing economy,  he has been given the ultimate hospital pass, with Tory austerity,  economic policy and Brexit fecking public services and the economy 

That's a cracking analogy. :lol:

Starmer said absolutely nothing other than 3 work sloganism and opinion. No policy on anything other than make Brexit work and take back control. The rest? Just the same as the Tory and they like that the Tory are going to do their bidding on the Unions. Labour aren't labour, they are Red Tory lite. Anything for power.

Edited by ri Alban

manaliveits105

Keith changes with the wind - his shadow cabinet are an utter joke and not to be trusted. Labour would be an absolute disaster in government 

Rishi will clawback the polls over next couple of years and hopefully get another term and UK back on track .

Huzzah ! 
Labour are shit FACT 

Jeffros Furios
1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

Keith changes with the wind - his shadow cabinet are an utter joke and not to be trusted. Labour would be an absolute disaster in government 

Rishi will clawback the polls over next couple of years and hopefully get another term and UK back on track .

Huzzah ! 
Labour are shit FACT 

:rofl: you been propping up the bar in Stratties gadjie 

The Mighty Thor
52 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I actually sat and listened to it on LBC news. 

Like Rashids one yesterday it's a period of my life I won't get back. 

I genuinely never heard the bit about Labour repealling any employment legislation but I've subsequently seen the video 🤷‍♂️

John Findlay
20 minutes ago, Victorian said:

No.  But I was referring to Starmer and Labour's words today.  Whether they do repeal any new laws is open to opinion.  If they don't then they'll need to answer for it.  But that's their position at the moment.

I will categorically state now that if Labour form the next government, that they WILL NOT repeal any existing or new laws brought in by conservative governments with regards to the trade unions.

Just now, John Findlay said:

I will categorically state now that if Labour form the next government, that they WILL NOT repeal any existing or new laws brought in by conservative governments with regards to the trade unions.

Sound.

• 2 weeks later...
Francis Albert

Labour actually saying  some interesting things about reforming the NHS. Both their Health spokesman recently and today Starmer in the Telegraph of all places. Any proposals from the Tories would be portrayed as an attack on a much loved institution so Labour is the best hope for much needed reform. Reduction in bureaucracy and giving patients access to treatments and consultants without the barrier of increasingly unavailable GPs.

GPs over time becoming NHS employees rather than profit making businesses. To quote Starmer "the idea the service is still the envy of the world is plainly wrong". and "well meaning reverance has supplanted reality.

Could be a vote winner.

Nucky Thompson

I would happily give Labour a chance to govern to see what they can do

Edited by Nucky Thompson

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Labour actually saying  some interesting things about reforming the NHS. Both their Health spokesman recently and today Starmer in the Telegraph of all places. Any proposals from the Tories would be portrayed as an attack on a much loved institution so Labour is the best hope for much needed reform. Reduction in bureaucracy and giving patients access to treatments and consultants without the barrier of increasingly unavailable GPs.

GPs over time becoming NHS employees rather than profit making businesses. To quote Starmer "the idea the service is still the envy of the world is plainly wrong". and "well meaning reverance has supplanted reality.

Could be a vote winner.

Self referall was one of them and I’ve never heard anything dafter in my life unless I’ve picked it up wrong. 
People just deciding who they need to see? 

14 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Self referall was one of them and I’ve never heard anything dafter in my life unless I’ve picked it up wrong. 
People just deciding who they need to see? 

Yes im wondering what that means too ? Surely we all " self refer" when contacting the GP anyway.? 

jack D and coke
8 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yes im wondering what that means too ? Surely we all " self refer" when contacting the GP anyway.? 

I believe it was to do with seeing someone at a hospital. You decide yourself who you want to see. 
Surely not but that’s what it sounded like…