****The All In One LGBTQ+ & Related Issues Mega Thread****

The Mighty Thor

Dick Dastardly
22 hours ago, graygo said:

The fact that you or me don't understand it doesn't make is not true or a mental condition. I keep saying it but that how homosexuality used to be viewed 

I agree with you regarding the antiquated views toward homosexuality and trans issues, but if you're waking up on different days with different names and different personalities, thats a totally different thing, surely? 

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Dawnrazor

• doctor jambo

• Unknown user

Dick Dastardly
20 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I assume its to keep the " queer " militants happy and also the " gay" people happy too. 

👍🏻 

Dick Dastardly
15 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

This is the aspect of ‘trans’ which is impossible for society to accommodate unconditionally. Gender neutral toilets, fine, but you cannot be genetically male, decide tomorrow that you feel female and decide to use female facilities. The gender fluid thing is part of the reason why the debate has got out of hand - because you have people saying ‘I consider myself to be X and you have to make concessions because of it’. When actually, no we don’t.

But that's the thing, some people claim you can. 

Dick Dastardly
9 hours ago, Locky said:

Could be wrong, but I think someone who defines themselves as 'queer' is someone who is straight, but isn't afraid to act outwith the normal social perceptions of a hetrosexual, masculine man. For wont of a better explanation.

Like wearing a man bag? I used to get so many comments at the pub i worked in for wearing a man bag. 

26 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Like wearing a man bag? I used to get so many comments at the pub i worked in for wearing a man bag. 

Ya big queer, Dick.

9 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

The comment about the trans person being " feminine" really takes the biscuit tonight on this thread.  Does he not know that women come in all different shapes and sizes and types...

Heres a couple 

R (3).jpg

R (4).jpg

You don't half talk shite and take things out of context to suit your selfish agenda against a section of society. It's pathetic.

50 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I agree with you regarding the antiquated views toward homosexuality and trans issues, but if you're waking up on different days with different names and different personalities, thats a totally different thing, surely? 

I've no idea, is that a common occurrence that warrants a "ban all" response?

Dick Dastardly
8 minutes ago, graygo said:

I've no idea, is that a common occurrence that warrants a "ban all" response?

I have no idea if it is a common occurrence, but it was given air time on national tv and any mention of any mental illness was shot down as being transphobic.

Did i even hint at a ban all response? 

17 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I have no idea if it is a common occurrence, but it was given air time on national tv and any mention of any mental illness was shot down as being transphobic.

Did i even hint at a ban all response? 

I suppose their reasoning for saying it's transphobic is that homosexuality used to be treated like it was a mental illness and that viewpoint came to be thought of as homophobic.

I have no idea whether you think a ban all policy is warranted, most on here do and that's why I asked you the question and didn't assume that you did.

At the risk of spamming the thread like the Gifmeister does here are the views on Trans rights from Stonewall, views which he tries to belittle because they differ from his.

Particularly interesting is the agreement statement jointly made by various groups calling for equal rights for trans including Close the Gap, Engender, Equate Scotland, Rape Crisis Scotland, Scottish Women’s Aid, Women 50:50 and Zero Tolerance.

3 minutes ago, graygo said:

At the risk of spamming the thread like the Gifmeister does here are the views on Trans rights from Stonewall, views which he tries to belittle because they differ from his.

Particularly interesting is the agreement statement jointly made by various groups calling for equal rights for trans including Close the Gap, Engender, Equate Scotland, Rape Crisis Scotland, Scottish Women’s Aid, Women 50:50 and Zero Tolerance.

Forgot the link.

https://www.stonewall.org.uk/truth-about-trans#trans-people-britain

Unknown user
14 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

There are no more than 2 genders

No, a third gender is something that appears in separate cultures across the world. It might not be something we're used to seeing but it seems to be a pretty well established, cross cultural phenomenon.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fa'afafine

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hijra_(South_Asia)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bakla

JudyJudyJudy
9 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Gender is a joke and the sooner we move away from it the better imo.

It is a load of nonsense. 

35 minutes ago, Smithee said:

No, a third gender is something that appears in separate cultures across the world. It might not be something we're used to seeing but it seems to be a pretty well established, cross cultural phenomenon.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fa'afafine

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hijra_(South_Asia)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bakla

All of these people are born men, they are male, it may be difficult for them to be openly gay in their society, they may ware female clothing but they are men.

36 minutes ago, Taffin said:

It seems to be a very modern phenomenon.

42 minutes ago, Taffin said:

A bit like homosexuality, just a mental illness that needs treated to make it go away.

That was sarcasm in case you missed it but it used to be the popular view before we got educated on the subject and got rid of our preconceived prejudices.

36 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

It is a load of nonsense. 

Tell that to the trans gender people of the world, as many as 46.2 million (0.6%) or wait until the results of the recent census where we were asked if we identify as such.

It's not nonsense just because your ignorance says it is.

11 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

It seems to be a very modern phenomenon.

Aye and homosexuality only became a thing about 20 years ago.

16 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

All of these people are born men, they are male, it may be difficult for them to be openly gay in their society, they may ware female clothing but they are men.

People with gender dysphoria aren't gay, they might be but then so can anybody else.

Just now, graygo said:

People with gender dysphoria aren't gay, they might be but then so can anybody else.

But they are men?

JudyJudyJudy
16 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Yes men in " womens clothing"...actually gay men i assume if they are in a relationship with other men who bizarrely see themselves as  " straight" 

Just now, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yes men in " womens clothing"...actually gay men i assume if they are in a relationship with other men who bizarrely see themselves as  " straight" 

That clears things up!

Ignorant and from someone from that community too.

1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

But they are men?

Yes but that's your problem. You don't know the difference between biological sex and gender.

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

Yes but that's your problem. You don't know the difference between biological sex and gender.

It's not my problem, if they're born male then they are men.

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

That clears things up!

Sadly the lengths that some  " straight " men go to to  rationalise the fact they are actually either having sex with a man who happens to be trans or in a relationship is rather sad.  Internalised homophobia really.  

Sadly the lengths that some  " straight " men go to to  rationalise the fact they are actually either having sex with a man who happens to be trans or in a relationship is rather sad.  Internalised homophobia really.  

It seems to be more socially acceptable today to claim to be trans rather that gay?

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

It's not my problem, if they're born male then they are men.

Thats the very problem he doesnt know the difference between them really. Or doesnt fully understand the concept of gender. 

Yeah i noticed he has made a few sarcastic comments about me too. He gets like when  he is challenged. Very immature really .  Dont rise to it. 

Nothing sarcastic aimed at you from me sport, I'm pretty forthright in my comments to you.

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Dawnrazor said:

It seems to be more socially acceptable today to claim to be trans rather that gay?

Exactly. Hence the concern for younger kids and teens who claim to be trans cause it may . incredibly be an easier route to go down than to be gay . Those crazy parents seem to prefer having a trans kid to a gay kid.  More acceptable ins some bizarre way ( as its clearly a " medical issue") so nothing can be done about it ?  Whereas being gay ? well thats a choice isnt it ??? ( thats the argument we are at now sadly) Its back to the 1950s

JudyJudyJudy

Another good article

The Left's Gender Theories Are Anti-Scientific Nonsense (dailysignal.com)

“Stop doing gender reveals,” he stated. “They’re not cute; they’re violent. All we know before a child is born is their anatomy. They will reveal their gender. It may match your expectations of that anatomy, and it may not. If you love the child you will be patience, attentive and open.”

image-23-10-21-06-58-16.gif

8 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

No, you're a dick because of the way you reply, we agreed that wee disagreed last night as you well know, you're obviously not able to put together a well enough thought out argument to convince people of your views, you then revert to sarcasm and take a very childish attitude, that's what makes you a dick.

Name calling rarely ends well on here, probably best not to do it.

Yes we agreed that we disagreed last night, we still do. 

How many people have you convinced with your well thought out argument? Probably the same as me.

It's a subject that has no definitive right or wrong but to simply state that gender dysphoria doesn't exist or that they have no right of equality is ignorance on a grand scale. 

1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Exactly. Hence the concern for younger kids and teens who claim to be trans cause it may . incredibly be an easier route to go down than to be gay . Those crazy parents seem to prefer having a trans kid to a gay kid.  More acceptable ins some bizarre way ( as its clearly a " medical issue") so nothing can be done about it ?  Whereas being gay ? well thats a choice isnt it ??? ( thats the argument we are at now sadly) Its back to the 1950s

It has struck me that it may be easier for parents to accept that their child is trans rather than gay, I can't obviously say for sure but I can imagine it happening, social media driving it?

Is there any data showing a drop in gay teens and a similar rise in teens claiming to be trans?

7 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Thats the very problem he doesnt know the difference between them really. Or doesnt fully understand the concept of gender. 

:facepalm:

1 minute ago, graygo said:

How many people have you convinced with your well thought out argument? Probably the same as me.

The thing is, I'm not trying to convince anybody of anything, you are and seem to be failing miserably, this is probably,imo, your posting style, sarcastic, facetious, childish replies and name calling seldom turn peoples attitude to anything. 

29 minutes ago, graygo said:

A bit like homosexuality, just a mental illness that needs treated to make it go away.

That was sarcasm in case you missed it but it used to be the popular view before we got educated on the subject and got rid of our preconceived prejudices.

Sarcasm aside, homosexuality isn't a human construct though. Gender is, it's just made up societal norms.

There are some behaviours and predispositions that vary amongst the sexes but clothes and interests etc is just society imo. What your sex is shouldn't matter to what your into, how you like expressing yourself or how you dress.

If we lived in a world without gender, and just treated everyone as one being, would that not ultimately kibosh all sexualities?

1 minute ago, Locky said:

If we lived in a world without gender, and just treated everyone as one being, would that not ultimately kibosh all sexualities?

I wouldn't think so? Would we not be left with straight men and women and gay men and women?

JudyJudyJudy
10 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

It has struck me that it may be easier for parents to accept that their child is trans rather than gay, I can't obviously say for sure but I can imagine it happening, social media driving it?

Is there any data showing a drop in gay teens and a similar rise in teens claiming to be trans?

Mainly to do with social media. In particular twitter. tik tok and the left too. Politicians frightened to speak fact instead of fiction doesn't help either, hence me getting peed off with Starmer et all,  They know that a woman cant have a penis but will not say so due to be the militant vocal minority. I dont have stats but there is evidence to suggest that children are being influenced by social media and unscientific " education" in school about biology and identity which in turns makes them maybe think they may be trans. I think there has been a 4000 % increase in referrals to the Tavistock clinic in London for kids who are thinking they are trans.  This is a  very odd phenomena compared to 20 years ago so it leads some to think its a fad,  The good news fads come and go.  

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Locky said:

Gender has nothing to do with sexuality. 

12 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

The thing is, I'm not trying to convince anybody of anything, you are and seem to be failing miserably, this is probably,imo, your posting style, sarcastic, facetious, childish replies and name calling seldom turn peoples attitude to anything. 

You are, you're trying to convince me that trans people do not have equal rights, others are trying to convince me that it's made up nonsense, I'm trying to counter those views. Thankfully I have the law of the land on my side.

For the record, I couldn't give a shiny shite what you think about me or my posting style.

3 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I wouldn't think so? Would we not be left with straight men and women and gay men and women?

No idea tbf. :lol: If men and women weren't labelled as such though, how would we know who's gay and who's straight?

2 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Gender has nothing to do with sexuality. 

Course it does. I'm a heterosexual man. Which means I'm attracted only to the opposite gender. You, as I believe but forgive me if I'm wrong, are a homosexual man, therefore only attracted to the same gender as yourself. Sexuality and gender go hand in hand.

19 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Sarcasm aside, homosexuality isn't a human construct though. Gender is, it's just made up societal norms.

There are some behaviours and predispositions that vary amongst the sexes but clothes and interests etc is just society imo. What your sex is shouldn't matter to what your into, how you like expressing yourself or how you dress.

No argument with that but that's not quite the same as gender dysphoria.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/gender-dysphoria/

ps. The sarcasm was in response to your ridiculous comment which deserved the response it got.

"Gender is a joke and the sooner we move away from it the better imo."

Edited by graygo

Just now, graygo said:

You are, you're trying to convince me that trans people do not have equal rights, others are trying to convince me that it's made up nonsense, I'm trying to counter those views. Thankfully I have the law of the land on my side.

For the record, I couldn't give a shiny shite what you think about me or my posting style.

And other post that perfectly proves my point, but anyway.

I'm not trying to convince you or anyone of anything, I don't realy care if you accept my views or not, I'm replying to your posts with what is my view.

As far as having "the law of the land" on your side, that'll be the laws that at one time allowed children to be forced into doing dangerous manual labour in factory's and farms and up chimneys from the age of 12 but are now allowing children of the same age to undergo life changing sex change procedures? Hopefully the law changes in the same way soon.

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, Locky said:

Course it does. I'm a heterosexual man. Which means I'm attracted only to the opposite gender

No your attracted to the opposite sex.