****The All In One LGBTQ+ & Related Issues Mega Thread****

The Mighty Thor

Generic Username

And if you've got me on ignore, how have you responded to a post I've made about surrogacy 🤔

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Dawnrazor

• doctor jambo

• Unknown user

JudyJudyJudy

Duh !! 

Generic Username

A dull yin to be caught lying about having people on ignore. 

Section Q
8 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Free speech and aw 

https://x.com/novaramedia/status/1785746008531742740?s=46&t=Uyg6zS_aUfEwlXY6vOoxzQ

the old chestnut about “ normal “ 

IMG_8310.jpeg

Galloway's greatest moment was in his address to the US senate regarding the "money for oil" investigations. Good orator but exceeds in the art of self promotion.

Ulysses
1 hour ago, Generic Username said:

And if you've got me on ignore, how have you responded to a post I've made about surrogacy 🤔

how-judy-garland-died.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt

JudyJudyJudy

Signing in and out only  takes a few seconds. ! 

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

how-judy-garland-died.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt

Stop mocking a poor woman who had addiction and mental health issues which affected her physical well being . Dearie me . How low can you go . 

Ulysses
10 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Stop mocking a poor woman who had addiction and mental health issues which affected her physical well being . Dearie me . How low can you go . 

uAFJIo.gif

7ce1a640245be94aafc441106b196ecd.jpg.ed8e50296d4f04598f23628e17b48ee9.jpg

JudyJudyJudy
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

uAFJIo.gif

7ce1a640245be94aafc441106b196ecd.jpg.ed8e50296d4f04598f23628e17b48ee9.jpg

Leave Judy out of this . Shes out of bounds . It’s my red line ! 😎.  

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

AyrJambo
1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Leave Judy out of this . Shes out of bounds . It’s my red line ! 😎.  

TBF JJJ you post a lot of pics of gay icons to illustrate points or to poke fun at others

Can't complain when the tables are turned

😜

Ulysses
8 minutes ago, AyrJambo said:

TBF JJJ you post a lot of pics of gay icons to illustrate points or to poke fun at others

Can't complain when the tables are turned

😜

87qlpo.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=34f817bc4c4d73

John Findlay
6 hours ago, redjambo said:

If only. I'd also add stress-management to the list of things that need to be taught. It's a difficult world to navigate at times, this wonderful world of ours.

They only feel stress because we adults put stress on them 

If adults just left them to be children, and let them learn about adult things in their own time, children wouldn't have 99% of the stress they believe they have.

i wish jj was my dad

Life can be stressful. And it doesn't just affect adults. It can be stressful for a kid being abused,going to school without breakfast, getting bullied in school or wondering what the hell they are coming home to after school. 

Parents or other family members may be able to help but sometimes even in outwardly stable family environments that isn't possible. So the idea that every kid should have access to a go to adult in school or in social services if they need practical help and support isn't quite as off the wall as some folk seem to think.

I would have certainly have benefitted from that sort of support growing up. 

5 hours ago, Section Q said:

Galloway's greatest moment was in his address to the US senate regarding the "money for oil" investigations. Good orator but exceeds in the art of self promotion.

It's was beautiful.

Generic Username
6 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Signing in and out only  takes a few seconds. ! 

I would imagine that the whole purpose of the ignore function, is that you've made the decision you no longer want to;

Read posts by that user 

Engage with that user 

It seems quite counterproductive to then negate that decision by taking steps to continue to;

Read posts by that user

Engage with that user

Declaring "I HAVE THEM ON IGNORE" seems a bit redundant now we know you're so brittle that you're logging in and out all over the shop given the number of people you say you have on ignore. 

Very normal behaviour. 

redjambo
3 hours ago, John Findlay said:

They only feel stress because we adults put stress on them 

If adults just left them to be children, and let them learn about adult things in their own time, children wouldn't have 99% of the stress they believe they have.

Yup, but I meant being equipped to cope with stress in the adult world when they grow up. Many seem under-equipped to deal with it and there are quite a few generic techniques that can help folk manage it better.

redjambo
2 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Life can be stressful. And it doesn't just affect adults. It can be stressful for a kid being abused,going to school without breakfast, getting bullied in school or wondering what the hell they are coming home to after school. 

Parents or other family members may be able to help but sometimes even in outwardly stable family environments that isn't possible. So the idea that every kid should have access to a go to adult in school or in social services if they need practical help and support isn't quite as off the wall as some folk seem to think.

I would have certainly have benefitted from that sort of support growing up. 

Having been bullied, I would have too. In the end, a very effective teacher sorted the main bullying out, but I consider myself very lucky that I chose that particular teacher to approach.

John Findlay
1 minute ago, redjambo said:

Yup, but I meant being equipped to cope with stress in the adult world when they grow up. Many seem under-equipped to deal with it and there are quite a few generic techniques that can help folk manage it better.

That's because(of course this is just my humble opinion), to many parents don't/won't say no to their offspring.

To many get things given to them, without having to earn/work for it.

So many when they reach adulthood, don't realise that the world doesn't owe them a living, and that they have to earn things as an adult.

redjambo
3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

That's because(of course this is just my humble opinion), to many parents don't/won't say no to their offspring.

So many when they reach adulthood, don't realise that the world doesn't owe them a living, and that they have to earn things as an adult.

There are a multitude of different stresses facing us, especially in the modern world. Earning a living is only one of them.

And, I can absolutely guarantee, our parents said the said thing that you said above about our generation. It's a fallacy, imo, just a way that we oldies pass the blame onto others. It's the easy option.

John Findlay
33 minutes ago, redjambo said:

There are a multitude of different stresses facing us, especially in the modern world. Earning a living is only one of them.

And, I can absolutely guarantee, our parents said the said thing that you said above about our generation. It's a fallacy, imo, just a way that we oldies pass the blame onto others. It's the easy option.

I disagree with you, in that's it's not a fallacy.

One of my primary tasks as a parent is to prepare my children for adulthood, to date I have, along with their mother, achieved this with my two oldest children, both now 38 and 34 respectively.

My youngest will be 16 in Two months time, I have been preparing them for adulthood, ever since they started secondary school.

Now his mother behaves completely differently to the mother of my two eldest.

I admit it causes friction between us.

She thinks I am to hard on them, by getting them to do things for themselves and helping with household chores. I make them earn their allowance(to use an American phrase), she on the other hand does it all for them.

To me I am preparing all my children for when then their parent are no longer here.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

I disagree with you, in that's it's not a fallacy.

One of my primary tasks as a parent is to prepare my children for adulthood, to date I have, along with their mother, achieved this with my two oldest children, both now 38 and 34 respectively.

My youngest will be 16 in Two months time, I have been preparing them for adulthood, ever since they started secondary school.

Now his mother behaves completely differently to the mother of my two eldest.

I admit it causes friction between us.

She thinks I am to hard on them, by getting them to do things for themselves and helping with household chores. I make them earn their allowance(to use an American phrase), she on the other hand does it all for them.

To me I am preparing all my children for when then their parent are no longer here.

Good posting John . A parents role is to prepare a child for adulthood and adult responsibility. It’s not the states role . 

i wish jj was my dad
2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

I think that a lot of stresses that affect kids growing up and then impact on them in later life come from reasons beyond indulgent parents. 

While I'm sure there are some can wear their school of hard knocks badges with pride, it doesn't work out like that for everyone and neutral interventions can sometimes go a long way to avoiding impacts that can have longer term consequences. 

John Findlay
18 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I think that a lot of stresses that affect kids growing up and then impact on them in later life come from reasons beyond indulgent parents. 

While I'm sure there are some can wear their school of hard knocks badges with pride, it doesn't work out like that for everyone and neutral interventions can sometimes go a long way to avoiding impacts that can have longer term consequences. 

A lot of it comes from parents who think their responsibility stops when the child is born!!

JudyJudyJudy
Posted (edited)

Me too . Apparently she’s “ queer “ . Piss off and stop ridiculing gay and lesbian people . Ps nothing wrong with being straight but it clearly isn’t enough attention for some talentless people like her. 

https://x.com/jebadoo2/status/1786297346520645727?s=46&t=Uyg6zS_aUfEwlXY6vOoxzQ

IMG_8316.jpeg

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

been here before
13 hours ago, Generic Username said:

A dull yin to be caught lying about having people on ignore. 

He gets caught out doing that constantly its funny as.

Truth is his ego couldnt handle having anyone on ignore less he misses a post about him or one he could take offence over.

AyrJambo
8 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Me too . Apparently she’s “ queer “ . Piss off and stop ridiculing gay and lesbian people . Ps nothing wrong with being straight but it clearly isn’t enough attention for some talentless people like her. 

https://x.com/jebadoo2/status/1786297346520645727?s=46&t=Uyg6zS_aUfEwlXY6vOoxzQ

IMG_8316.jpeg

What's she identifying as....MILF?

il Duce McTarkin
14 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Now that I've got the Sword of Moderator-Damocles hanging above me once more,

About time, tbf.

:sadrobbo:

Cairneyhill Jambo
13 hours ago, Ulysses said:

87qlpo.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=34f817bc4c4d73

🤣🤣🤣

JudyJudyJudy
i wish jj was my dad
7 hours ago, John Findlay said:

A lot of it comes from parents who think their responsibility stops when the child is born!!

I think that's quite a simplistic and sweeping tbh. It may be in some cases but there are a host of reasons for childhood stress and anxiety. I doubt many people choose to be shite parents. As much as most of parents aspire to do the right thing some are just not up to it, some can't handle their own issues that might well have come from trauma in their own childhood, some make shite choices and some might just be incapable of dealing with the cards life dealt them. 

Life isn't ever going to be perfect so we have to try and find a way to make the best of it. 

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Ked said:

Good read that.

It’s kinda similar to my awakening around those issues . And many others I may add 

JudyJudyJudy
30 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

That's sexual abuse, surely.

I would say it is

JudyJudyJudy

This 

IMG_8325.jpeg

IMG_8326.jpeg

John Findlay
2 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

That's sexual abuse, surely.

I await the abuse. Those people are sick in the head.

JudyJudyJudy
24 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I await the abuse. Those people are sick in the head.

I wouldn’t worry , if anyone thinks that it’s completely normal for a man to Breast feed babies  they deserve all the contempt they get .

JudyJudyJudy

Better late than never I suppose 

IMG_8332.jpeg

JudyJudyJudy

Great story 

Born in Staunton, Virginia, William Haines ran off to live life on his own terms while still in his teens, moving to New York City and becoming friends with such later Hollywood luminaries as designer Orry-Kelly and Cary Grant. His film career started slowly, but by the end of the silent era he was regularly named as the #1 male box-office draw. He also became fast friends with a number of contemporaries, such as Joan Crawford and Marion Davies, whose fame would eclipse his.

"Joan Crawford thought we should get married. This was back in the 1920s, when I was a star and she was a rising flapper. It wasn't just a crass question of her ambition; we were very good but platonic friends. I told her, ''Cranberry''--my pet name for her--'That isn't how it works in Hollywood. They usually pair men who like men and ladies who like ladies.' Because if we both liked men, where would we be as man and wife? She'd resent me, and that would be the end of our beautiful friendship."

His career faded rapidly in the early 1930s, and he was finally released allegedly due to a fight with MGM mogul Louis B. Mayer over Haines' refusal to end his relationship with his lover, Jimmie Shields. However, as his film career ended, his interior design career blossomed, resulting in major work for Jack L. Warner and the Bloomingdales, and culminating in the refurbishing of the American ambassador's residence in London, England.

"Until Joan discovered she could cover her furniture in plastic, there were entire apartments in Los Angeles that had been furnished with almost-new sofas and chairs that had been soiled once, then discarded."

Although Haines was quite open about his homosexuality and entertained many of Hollywood's gay set - including George Cukor and Clifton Webb - his story is missing from many histories of the era. Haines and Shields remained a couple for 50 years; Crawford called them "the happiest married couple in Hollywood."

IMG_8336.jpeg

JudyJudyJudy
19 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

They should be in jail and have their kids taken away. That’s one of the most disgusting things I’ve ever heard. Is it genuine?

Yes it’s genuine 

JudyJudyJudy

Resonates with lots of gays I know and me 

IMG_8341.jpeg