****The All In One LGBTQ+ & Related Issues Mega Thread****

The Mighty Thor

Just now, graygo said:

How about asking if they would feel threatened by a trans woman then instead of the loaded question?

I've just humoured you and asked both my wife and also my sister who happens to be here just now. They think you're bonkers if you think women's rights are being eroded because a trans woman wants to sit down for a piss.

You think I'm bonkers if I think womens rights are being eroded because of trans rights?!!! It's not me that thinks it It's woman!!!! 

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Dawnrazor

• doctor jambo

• Unknown user

18 minutes ago, Tazio said:

How does that work precisely? Rooms with cubicles only? 
I don’t buy into the narrative that trans people will randomly attack women in dressing rooms but I also believe some women won’t feel comfortable with people in “their spaces”. Conversely I also know a trans man who doesn’t feel confident in male toilets. 
You can’t deny there are a certain number of extremists out there. There was a story in the press recently about a young woman at a rape support centre in Brighton that had to stop attending as a male presenting trans woman started attending. I know someone who is one of the people mentioned previously that considers the self a woman on certain days but always dresses as a man. Should they be able to use the woman’s on the days they feel like a woman? 

Yes rooms with cubicles only if that's what it takes. 

The answer can't be to force trans women to use male toilets, that's crazy.

Dresses like a man?  Watch out, James doesn't like that sort of talk.

11 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

But you're happy for men being in womens spaces and making them feel threatened and uncomfortable as long as the men say they're women!!!! Your all over the place on this.

Where the feck did I say that? Stop making shit up.

In fact I actually said this  "Oh and by the way, nobody of any sex or gender has the right to make anyone else feel threatened, uncomfortable or unsafe, nobody."

CF11JamTart
57 minutes ago, graygo said:

And round we go again, women's sex based rights are not being eroded.

Ok. Thanks for clarifying. 

Trans women on all-women shortlists? 

Trans women playing women's rugby? 

Trans women in Women's combat sports?

Trans women in women's refuges? 

26 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

If it's not even "topic of conversation" how about making it one with them, you might learn something. 

Why would I ask them about gender neutral spaces? We're talking about female only spaces and men have absolutely no right to be in them.

How about asking them about gender neutral spaces? Maybe you might learn something. Mind you that normally requires an open mind 

Just now, graygo said:

Where the feck did I say that? Stop making shit up.

In fact I actually said this  "Oh and by the way, nobody of any sex or gender has the right to make anyone else feel threatened, uncomfortable or unsafe, nobody."

I'm making nothing up.

You did say that but the "oh and by the way" really added nothing to your answer.

Just now, graygo said:

How about asking them about gender neutral spaces? Maybe you might learn something. Mind you that normally requires an open mind 

What gender neutral places? I've said that no man should be in a female space, I've also said that I'm happy for trans people, men and women using neutral spaces.

My mind is open to sensible argument.

4 minutes ago, CF11JamTart said:

Trans women on all-women shortlists? 

Yes, apparently he thinks that's all perfectly fair and no women will feel threatened or uncomfortable because his wife and sister say so.

JudyJudyJudy
13 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I'm perfectly happy for trans people using sex neutral changing rooms toilets, I'm perfectly happy for men and women using sex neutral changing rooms or toilets, but I don't want any man going into a female space where women are completely in their right to be and feel safe. If there's not enough of these "natural" place well build some, it's a trans persons right to feel safe as much as anyone, but if you've been born male you're male and shouldn't be in female spaces.

My view too. 

9 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

You think I'm bonkers if I think womens rights are being eroded because of trans rights?!!! It's not me that thinks it It's woman!!!! 

He gets very angry and aggressive hence on the " ignore "  Cannot reason with him / her / they 

1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

What gender neutral places? I've said that no man should be in a female space, I've also said that I'm happy for trans people, men and women using neutral spaces.

My mind is open to sensible argument.

Good points

2 minutes ago, CF11JamTart said:

Trans women on all-women shortlists?  I've already said I'm against this, however it doesn't erode a women's rights to take part.

See above 

See above.

Is that really an issue apart from the odd isolated instance? You would ban all trans women who need refuge from getting it because of the odd case? Would you also ban all straight men from male toilets because of attacks on gay men?

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

Yes, apparently he thinks that's all perfectly fair and no women will feel threatened or uncomfortable because his wife and sister say so.

Laughable really.  

6 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I'm making nothing up.

You did say that but the "oh and by the way" really added nothing to your answer.

Yes it did, it added exactly what it said and made your comment about me being happy about men making women feel threatened ok an absurdity.

3 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Sorry, I'll make a bigger poll and get back to you but they were the only one's to hand. I'm pretty sure the answer won't change though.

How many females did you ask?

CF11JamTart
4 minutes ago, graygo said:

So that's nice... Women can take part. 

And just be happy to be on the same pitch? Against people with a competitive advantage from Male Puberty. 

It's OK. Women's sport is just a laugh anyway, isn't it? 

Just now, CF11JamTart said:

And just be happy to be on the same pitch? Against people with a competitive advantage from Male Puberty. 

Did you miss this bit?

I've already said I'm against this, however it doesn't erode a women's rights to take part."

10 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

He gets very angry and aggressive hence on the " ignore "  Cannot reason with him / her / they 

There's nobody on this forum who fits that description more than you. Reasoning with someone does not mean getting them to agree that they are wrong and you are right. 

I'm glad you have me on ignore as your camp GIFs get right on my tits.

13 minutes ago, graygo said:

Yes it did, it added exactly what it said and made your comment about me being happy about men making women feel threatened ok an absurdity.

But you're happy about men being in woman spaces despite it making some women feel threatened?

9 minutes ago, graygo said:

So we're in agreement that we should strive to get rid of gender specific places then, that's good.

🤣 no we shouldn't, we should be making sure people have sex specific spaces so they can feel safe, womens refuges, or do you think men should be allowed in these?

2 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

But you're happy about men being in woman spaces despite it making some women feel threatened?

I'm not happy about anyone being in any space and making anyone feel threatened, how many times do I need to say that?

Are you happy for a trans woman being in a women's space if no women feel threatened?

2 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

🤣 no we shouldn't, we should be making sure people have sex specific spaces so they can feel safe, womens refuges, or do you think men should be allowed in these?

So where should a trans woman go for a piss? Do they have a right to not feel threatened?

Where should a trans woman that needs refuge go?

13 minutes ago, CF11JamTart said:

The lengths women have went to to get these rights and men telling them they now have to wind their necks because men should now be in all your sports and toilets and changing rooms and refuges if beyond laughable it's actually scary how it's been allowed to get this far.

The White Cockade
Just now, graygo said:

I'm not happy about anyone being in any space and making anyone feel threatened, how many times do I need to say that?

Are you happy for a trans woman being in a women's space if no women feel threatened?

A Trans woman is still a man though

In the bad old days they castrated young boys to make them castratos 

They were still boys though 

Treat them sympathetically? yes

Are they women? No

Do you think a man with the full male tackle who identifies as a woman should be allowed in a female changing room?

Would your wife/sister/daughter be happy with that?

10 minutes ago, graygo said:

So where should a trans woman go for a piss? Do they have a right to not feel threatened?

Where should a trans woman that needs refuge go?

Trans women, who are men, should use male toilets until there's neutral places for them to go, I've said  there should be more places for trans people to go.

They have the right not to feel threatened, but they are men and should not have the right to be in womens spaces making women feel threatened, women should not suffer the loss of their rights because a man wants to live like a women.

A trans woman, who are men, should go to a male refuge until a neutral space can be found, men and should not have the right to be in womens spaces making women feel threatened, women should not suffer the loss of their rights because a man wants to live like a women

Edited by Dawnrazor

33 minutes ago, graygo said:

Sorry, I'll make a bigger poll and get back to you but they were the only one's to hand. I'm pretty sure the answer won't change though.

How many females did you ask?

How many? about a dozen at a BBQ recently and others at different times, it comes up often due to my social group having teenagers at school and having friends who are trans or bi or gay.

Edited by Dawnrazor

Jeffros Furios
20 minutes ago, graygo said:

There's nobody on this forum who fits that description more than you. Reasoning with someone does not mean getting them to agree that they are wrong and you are right. 

:rofl: what a state 

21 minutes ago, graygo said:

To be fair, your post describes you pretty accurately, as well as others, but people in glass houses and all that👍

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

:rofl: what a state 

😂😂😂 not to you though 

4F05BA72-0866-4473-BCB7-C8C631FD53EA.gif

JudyJudyJudy
12 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Trans women, who are men, should use male toilets until there's neutral places for them to go, I've said  there should be more places for trans people to go.

They have the right not to feel threatened, but they are men and should not have the right to be in womens spaces making women feel threatened, women should not suffer the loss of their rights because a man wants to live like a women.

A trans woman, who are men, should go to a male refuge until a neutral space can be found, men and should not have the right to be in womens spaces making women feel threatened, women should not suffer the loss of their rights because a man wants to live like a women

It’s about womens   perception of safety and threat . That’s the point of why there are safe places for women only . They might not get abused or assaulted but there is always the chance they might be and that needs respected , ( their view about it ) 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

Jeffros Furios
Just now, JudyJudyJudy said:

😂😂😂 not to you though 

4F05BA72-0866-4473-BCB7-C8C631FD53EA.gif

:gok: I think he's having a breakdown ... maybe he's on a journey ? 

1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

It’s about womens   perception of safety and threat . That’s the point of why there are safe places for women only . 

That's it exactly, it's women who are being ignored in this, it's their right to safe places that are being taking away, it's women who should be front and centre in all of this and men are telling to shut up because I feel like a women today and I want to be in you places, it's scandalous. 

19 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

A Trans woman is still a man though

In the bad old days they castrated young boys to make them castratos 

They were still boys though 

Treat them sympathetically? yes

Are they women? No

Do you think a man with the full male tackle who identifies as a woman should be allowed in a female changing room?

Would your wife/sister/daughter be happy with that?

I'm not going to change my answer to this question no matter how many times it's asked.

2 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

I don't take his arguments lightly, I honestly don't, there's a very serious debate to be had, I think, although I my have got the wrong poster, he has a child who is trans (please forgive me if I've got this wrong) so it's obviously a very big deal to him, but I don't think his arguments are the right way to get things moving in the right way for trans people.

CF11JamTart
6 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

It’s about womens   perception of safety and threat . That’s the point of why there are safe places for women only . They might not get abused or assaulted but there is always the chance they might be and that needs respected , ( their view about it ) 

No James. It's about men deciding and telling them. 

And regarding sport, they should just be grateful that no-one is stopping them from playing. 

27 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Because all trans women are really hairy arsed, big bollocked males out to threaten females really eh?

Should the person in this photo be forced to use a male toilet and go to a male refuge if they were in need of refuge?

For the avoidance of doubt the person is this photo is a friend of mine who was born a man but now identifies as female and is more feminine than most women I've ever met.

Screenshot_20220717-194538.png

26 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

How many? about a dozen at a BBQ recently and others at different times, it comes up often due to my social group having teenagers at school and having friends who are trans or bi or gay.

No danger are any of your friends trans.

22 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

To be fair, your post describes you pretty accurately, as well as others, but people in glass houses and all that👍

No I'm not you are.  Playground stuff mate.

Just now, graygo said:

Because all trans women are really hairy arsed, big bollocked males out to threaten females really eh?

Should the person in this photo be forced to use a male toilet and go to a male refuge if they were in need of refuge?

For the avoidance of doubt the person is this photo is a friend of mine who was born a man but now identifies as female and is more feminine than most women I've ever met.

If the person in the photograph is male then yes, they should use a male toilet, looking good in a dress and heels doesn't mean you should be allowed to be in female spaces no matter how you are dressed or what you identify as, they have no right to be in a female space.

18 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Swing and a miss champ. 

Just now, graygo said:

No I'm not you are.  Playground stuff mate.

See, pretty accurate post of yourself. 

6 minutes ago, graygo said:

No danger are any of your friends trans.

You're right, I've four friends who are gay none are trans,  but if you'd just take a breath you could see it was our kids at school who I said had trans friends.

*edit*

4 friends and 1 cousin 1 second cousin and a nephew who are gay, 5 men and 1 women.

Edited by Dawnrazor

13 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I don't take his arguments lightly, I honestly don't, there's a very serious debate to be had, I think, although I my have got the wrong poster, he has a child who is trans (please forgive me if I've got this wrong) so it's obviously a very big deal to him, but I don't think his arguments are the right way to get things moving in the right way for trans people.

Thats because you think my argument is that women have fought long and hard for the right to have safe places and men are saying no you can't have them, we're coming in to make you feel threatened. A bairn with a biscuit erse can see that that's not what I am advocating. A solution needs found that gives everyone that right, whatever it takes. 

Jeffros Furios
8 minutes ago, graygo said:

Would ! 

6 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

If the person in the photograph is male then yes, they should use a male toilet, looking good in a dress and heels doesn't mean you should be allowed to be in female spaces no matter how you are dressed or what you identify as, they have no right to be in a female space.

Ok, we'll just need to agree to disagree then. Although I thought you were arguing about having the right to feel safe but there you go.

6 minutes ago, graygo said:

Thats because you think my argument is that women have fought long and hard for the right to have safe places and men are saying no you can't have them, we're coming in to make you feel threatened. A bairn with a biscuit erse can see that that's not what I am advocating. A solution needs found that gives everyone that right, whatever it takes. 

A bairn with a biscuit erse can see you're contradicting yourself just about on a post by post basis.

Edited by Dawnrazor

19 minutes ago, CF11JamTart said:

No James. It's about men deciding and telling them. 

And regarding sport, they should just be grateful that no-one is stopping them from playing. 

You're still making shit up, it does nothing to add to the debate.

4 minutes ago, graygo said:

Ok, we'll just need to agree to disagree then. Although I thought you were arguing about having the right to feel safe but there you go.

I am talking about the right to feel safe, the right for women to feel safe in womens spaces and not have men invade these spaces despite how they dress or how they identify, something you fail to grasp, so there you go.

Edited by Dawnrazor

7 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

You're right, I've four friends who are gay none are trans,  but if you'd just take a breath you could see it was our kids at school who I said had trans friends.

*edit*

4 friends and 1 cousin 1 second cousin and a nephew who are gay, 5 men and 1 women.

As I thought, thanks for correcting the fact that any of your friends are trans. I don't need to take a breath mate, you actually said that you had friends who were trans in the post I quoted, I didn't make it up. That's not my style. Gay people on the whole (as demonstrated frequently on here) do not think trans is even a thing never mind something that has rights. 

Yes I look after a kid who says they are trans but I wouldn't want to argue the case for or against kids when it comes to sexuality or gender as they definitely can be going through a phase, not always though so an open mind is probably best.

17 minutes ago, graygo said:

Do you think the person in the photo should allowed to use womens spaces like toilets, changing rooms or a refuge?