****The All In One LGBTQ+ & Related Issues Mega Thread****

The Mighty Thor

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Tazio said:

The terms used in the 

marketing come from the people putting the show on not the fringe itself. I give it a short time until someone tries to promote a “queer fringe” to run alongside the usual one. The LGBT community has always been fond of labelling but it’s out of hand now. 

Agreed 

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Dawnrazor

• doctor jambo

• Unknown user

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Did the word queer in terms of homosexuality originate from the older word queer which meant strange / odd?

Yes it did . Hence being viewed as a slur . 

13 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yes it did . Hence being viewed as a slur . 

Yeah makes sense. So what's the deal with the comeback...? 

All roads lead to Gorgie
19 minutes ago, Tazio said:

The terms used in the 

marketing come from the people putting the show on not the fringe itself. I give it a short time until someone tries to promote a “queer fringe” to run alongside the usual one. The LGBT community has always been fond of labelling but it’s out of hand now. 

A couple of years ago I stopped by Summerhall for a few outdoor drinks and judging by the shows taking place it looked like there already was " queer fringe" happening. 

The White Cockade
1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Unfit to be parents. Attention seeking arseholes.

Kid will now be messed up for life.

How did the world get to this stage where people actually believe that they can become something they are not and never can be just because they feel they want to? 

Absolutely mental. Stop pandering to messed up kids and attention seeking parents. The world is a big bad place and sometimes feelings can get hurt when you are faced with the truth rather than being fed utter bullshit about numerous feckin genders and denying basic biology.

I feel sorry for them. They are getting the wrong sort of help IMO. Some good psychiatric help and then possibly some necessary truth bullets fired at them which will probably hurt their feelings but benefit them in the long run.

Spot on Ron

To me this extreme trans activism is a political ideology and nothing to do with equality or fairness 

They don’t actually want equal want equality they want everybody to think exactly as they do and if they don’t they are an evil bigot 

It’s pure fascism 

I have every sympathy with people who have this issue and  they should be treated compassionately and fairly but to me allowing pre pubescent kids to be taking drugs to stop their development is barbaric

They have a mental

issue and should have help and counselling but anything on those lines is called gender conversion therapy and evil by the extreme mentalists

They don’t seem to see they are the ones with no interest in the kids just their twisted ideology 

Politicians and organisations need to be stronger and stand up to all this and point them out for what they are

Meanwhile confused youngsters are being urged to butcher their bodies and sterilise themselves by the people who are supposedly looking after their interests 

I just can’t get my head round it to be honest 

John Findlay
39 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

Spot on Ron

To me this extreme trans activism is a political ideology and nothing to do with equality or fairness 

They don’t actually want equal want equality they want everybody to think exactly as they do and if they don’t they are an evil bigot 

It’s pure fascism 

I have every sympathy with people who have this issue and  they should be treated compassionately and fairly but to me allowing pre pubescent kids to be taking drugs to stop their development is barbaric

They have a mental

issue and should have help and counselling but anything on those lines is called gender conversion therapy and evil by the extreme mentalists

They don’t seem to see they are the ones with no interest in the kids just their twisted ideology 

Politicians and organisations need to be stronger and stand up to all this and point them out for what they are

Meanwhile confused youngsters are being urged to butcher their bodies and sterilise themselves by the people who are supposedly looking after their interests 

I thought we fought the nazis between 1939-45, to stop all this.

The White Cockade
4 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I thought we fought the nazis between 1939-45, to stop all this.

Josef Mengele?

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Yeah makes sense. So what's the deal with the comeback...? 

eh?

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, The White Cockade said:

Spot on Ron

It’s pure fascism 

They have a mental

Check this out !

16 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

eh?

When I was growing up it was one of those words you wouldn't use. It seems to be making a comeback 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Jeff said:

When I was growing up it was one of those words you wouldn't use. It seems to be making a comeback 

Unfortunately it is.   I never really heard it either as such from the 1980s to the last decade

The White Cockade
13 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Check this out !

Transgender activism seems to be a cover for paedophilia in some cases

If everything is “normal” then nothing is morally wrong

Grooming children to be sterilised is beyond horrific 

JudyJudyJudy
8 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

Transgender activism seems to be a cover for paedophilia in some cases

If everything is “normal” then nothing is morally wrong

Grooming children to be sterilised is beyond horrific 

it is really concerning.  Remember in the not too distant past we warned children of " stranger danger"  ?  Not to get into  conversation with adults they didnt know ?  Either face to face or online? Incredibly this creep is encouraging children to contact him if they feel they are not being supported in their family environment.  I worked in child protection a few years and we would not have believed that this type of " grooming " was not just allowed but accepted by some.   He is a massive red flag and his views. 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

4 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

it is really concerning.  Remember in the not too distant past we warned children of " stranger danger"  ?  Not to get into  conversation with adults they didnt know ?  Either face to face or online? Incredibly this creep is encouraging children to contact him if they feel they are not being supported in their family environment.  I worked in child protection a few years and we would not have believed that this type of " grooming " was not just allowed but accepted by some. 

I’ve seen a few links to those videos but only managed to watch one all the way through. The message in it being if your family don’t agree 100% you don’t need them and are better without them. But hey, that’s ok another adult will take you on. Certainly some people in life have poisonous relationships with their families but those are thankfully not normal and those decisions are made in adulthood not as a child. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
23 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

The idea of being gender fluid really confuses me. I saw someone being interviewed on tv  and they were saying that one day they would wake up and feel like a woman and go by one name, another day they might feel like a man and go by a different name. I'm in no way a medical expert but that sounds more like a serious mental condition than anything else

And whats the difference between being gay and queer? 

This is the aspect of ‘trans’ which is impossible for society to accommodate unconditionally. Gender neutral toilets, fine, but you cannot be genetically male, decide tomorrow that you feel female and decide to use female facilities. The gender fluid thing is part of the reason why the debate has got out of hand - because you have people saying ‘I consider myself to be X and you have to make concessions because of it’. When actually, no we don’t.

The White Cockade

There have to be some shadowy people behind the scenes promoting this agenda to be seen as normal and mainstream and anyone standing against it as an evil bigot

Its wall to wall propaganda and indoctrination for an issue that is pretty minuscule in the grand scheme of things

Mental health professionals and politicians have to stand up and be counted and call this nonsense out

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I’ve seen a few links to those videos but only managed to watch one all the way through. The message in it being if your family don’t agree 100% you don’t need them and are better without them. But hey, that’s ok another adult will take you on. Certainly some people in life have poisonous relationships with their families but those are thankfully not normal and those decisions are made in adulthood not as a child. 

It seems more like child catching really.  Hook in vulnerable children who are " confused " about their " gender" or " sex" and told that their parents are the enemy and they can seek the required support from strangers on line. 

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

. When actually, no we don’t.

I read a great article about the trans issue and  self id and they equated " trans ideology" with " religious  ideology".  IN other words you either believe it or you think its a pile of tosh.  Therefore this is where the is the  tension between the two factions.  Like it is with religion.   The trans activist demands that you believe their view, despite evidence and facts to the contrary  Its impossible to argue with them. Impossible.  Like it is with a stanch religion person arguing that God exists. 

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

Mental health professionals and politicians have to stand up and be counted and call this nonsense out

Some are now so things are moving back to normal but not fast enough.  

John Findlay
58 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

Josef Mengele?

Yes, known as the Angel of Death at Auswitchz concentration camp.

3 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

For me Queer meant something odd or unexpected had happened. Like I just saw a guy in a Celtic top buying a bar of soap, that was queer.

There was nothing more odd or unexpected than to walk inot the old toilet in Preston Street Lane and witness two males in the act of anal intercourse, There is no doubt to a late 1950,s policeman that was as queer as queer gets, because of it unusualness. Checking a car in Holyrood Park on night shift two observe two men in the act of oral sex, was queer, so I guess witnesses seeing sights that they thought were queer it was easy to use the term queers for the males engaged in queer practises. The looks the desk sergeant gave you when you announced the charges against the individuals was also queer in its disgust, anger,  and complete revulsion.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I read a great article about the trans issue and  self id and they equated " trans ideology" with " religious  ideology".  IN other words you either believe it or you think its a pile of tosh.  Therefore this is where the is the  tension between the two factions.  Like it is with religion.   The trans activist demands that you believe their view, despite evidence and facts to the contrary  Its impossible to argue with them. Impossible.  Like it is with a stanch religion person arguing that God exists. 

Don’t really agree with this. Some people are transsexuals. They’ve transitioned and are entitled to be considered women (in my view). Or men, if vice versa. For them to go through the procedural grimness involved and be denied that acknowledgement seems vindictive (no offence, that’s no a dig, just my point of view).

There is, though, a huge grey area in which people of almost baffling genders expect to be able to dictate the extent of their own rights, irrespective of the law or safeguarding issues. That’s totally different as far as I see it.

As for religion, it’s nothing more than the cause of trouble the world over, the end.

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Don’t really agree with this. Some people are transsexuals. They’ve transitioned and are entitled to be considered women (in my view). Or men, if vice versa. For them to go through the procedural grimness involved and be denied that acknowledgement seems vindictive (no offence, that’s no a dig, just my point of view).

Sorry I should have made it clear (  i already have on other threads related to this) I do not have an issue with adults who have transited via counselling then  having surgery. if they believe themselves to be woman that is their belief. However i do have issues with militants grooming children as noted in various postings and also the concept of " self id" where one can just declare themselves to be " female" and we all have to go along with the delusion. 

JudyJudyJudy
8 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

expect to be able to dictate the extent of their own rights, irrespective of the law or safeguarding issues.

agreed

5 hours ago, CF11JamTart said:

As far as I'm concerned, in SOME cases women's rights DO trump trans rights. Not all aspects. But SOME.

Around those old chestnuts of sex vs gender and fairness/safety/inclusion. 

There is a balance to be struck. Trans women and trans men should be able to live their lives in the way that they identify with. But women's sex-based rights must not be eroded. 

And round we go again, women's sex based rights are not being eroded.

Just now, graygo said:

Despite women saying thay are?

4 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Disgraceful statement from him really. 

No it's not. 

I view all humans as having equal rights, you don't because you discriminate some sections of society.

You're the disgraceful one.

The White Cockade
1 minute ago, graygo said:

You happy with a man who says he’s a woman going in a female dressing room

Do you not think a man competing now women’s sport is unfair?

4 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

A vocal and aggressive minority rights di not trump the rights of half the population . 

A vocal and aggressive majority's rights do not trump the rights of anybody.

Just now, graygo said:

No it's not. 

I view all humans as having equal rights, you don't because you discriminate some sections of society.

You're the disgraceful one.

We can't all have equal rights, I've got absolutely no right to go into an all woman changing room or toilet or refuge and for obvious reasons, to argue that that's against my human rights is plainly ridiculous. 

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

We can't all have equal rights, I've got absolutely no right to go into an all woman changing room or toilet or refuge and for obvious reasons, to argue that that's against my human rights is plainly ridiculous. 

Yep.

34 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Some are now so things are moving back to normal but not fast enough.  

Normal?

You're unbelievable, you really are.

16 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Despite women saying thay are?

What women? I've never heard a single one of my female friends moan about their rights being eroded. 

ps. I have plenty female friends 

15 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

You happy with a man who says he’s a woman going in a female dressing room

Do you not think a man competing now women’s sport is unfair?

Maybe female dressing rooms need to be done away with and replaced by safe non gender specific ones.

I also take it that you are asking if I think that a trans woman competing in women's sport is fair? If you are then no I don't.

Just now, graygo said:

What women? I've never heard a single one of my female friends moan about their rights being eroded. 

ps. I have plenty female friends 

Away you go! I've plenty of female friends and family members and to a one they ALL say they'd feel uncomfortable or in some situations threatened if a man came into an area they considered a female space, I'm calling complete and utter bullshit that you can't find one, utter bollocks.

17 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

No but you have a right to go into a changing room or toilet or refuge and feel safe. That's the right a woman has, not a right to be able to go into one of those places and be sure that there are no trans women in them.  Trans women also have that right, that's the equality part.

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

No but you have a right to go into a changing room or toilet or refuge and feel safe. That's the right a woman has, not a right to be able to go into one of those places and be sure that there are no trans women in them.  Trans women also have that right, that's the equality part.

Trans women are men, unless they've went through the transitional procedure, they have absolutely no right to go into an all female space and make women feel threatened, uncomfortable or unsafe, none.

2 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Away you go! I've plenty of female friends and family members and to a one they ALL say they'd feel uncomfortable or in some situations threatened if a man came into an area they considered a female space, I'm calling complete and utter bullshit that you can't find one, utter bollocks.

How about if you asked them if they would feel uncomfortable or threatened in a non gender specific space like a unisex toilet or changing room with a trans woman? 

FFS they probably wouldn't even know it was happening.

And despite all the crap about bollocks and bullshit I can assure you that no female has ever said to me that they feel their sex based rights are being eroded, it's not even a topic of conversation.

4 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Trans women are men, unless they've went through the transitional procedure, they have absolutely no right to go into an all female space and make women feel threatened, uncomfortable or unsafe, none.

That the law is it or just your viewpoint? Just checking.

Oh and by the way, nobody of any sex or gender has the right to make anyone else feel threatened, uncomfortable or unsafe, nobody.

Edited by graygo

Just now, graygo said:

How about if you asked them if they would feel uncomfortable or threatened in a non gender specific space like a unisex toilet or changing room with a trans woman? 

FFS they probably wouldn't even know it was happening.

And despite all the crap about bollocks and bullshit I can assure you that no female has ever said to me that they feel their sex based rights are being eroded, it's not even a topic of conversation.

If it's not even "topic of conversation" how about making it one with them, you might learn something. 

Why would I ask them about gender neutral spaces? We're talking about female only spaces and men have absolutely no right to be in them.

9 minutes ago, graygo said:

Maybe female dressing rooms need to be done away with and replaced by safe non gender specific ones.

How does that work precisely? Rooms with cubicles only? 
I don’t buy into the narrative that trans people will randomly attack women in dressing rooms but I also believe some women won’t feel comfortable with people in “their spaces”. Conversely I also know a trans man who doesn’t feel confident in male toilets. 
You can’t deny there are a certain number of extremists out there. There was a story in the press recently about a young woman at a rape support centre in Brighton that had to stop attending as a male presenting trans woman started attending. I know someone who is one of the people mentioned previously that considers the self a woman on certain days but always dresses as a man. Should they be able to use the woman’s on the days they feel like a woman? 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

f it's not even "topic of conversation" how about making it one with them, you might learn something. 

Great point. 

3 minutes ago, graygo said:

That the law is it or just your viewpoint? Just checking.

If someone was born male, they are male, if someone was born female they are female, I don't know if it's the law or nor, some things really so glaringly obvious not to need a law.

12 minutes ago, graygo said:

........ nobody of any sex or gender has the right to make anyone else feel threatened, uncomfortable or unsafe, nobody.

But you're happy for men being in womens spaces and making them feel threatened and uncomfortable as long as the men say they're women!!!! Your all over the place on this.

11 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Great point. 

I'm perfectly happy for trans people using sex neutral changing rooms toilets, I'm perfectly happy for men and women using sex neutral changing rooms or toilets, but I don't want any man going into a female space where women are completely in their right to be and feel safe. If there's not enough of these "natural" place well build some, it's a trans persons right to feel safe as much as anyone, but if you've been born male you're male and shouldn't be in female spaces.

19 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

If it's not even "topic of conversation" how about making it one with them, you might learn something. 

Why would I ask them about gender neutral spaces? We're talking about female only spaces and men have absolutely no right to be in them.

How about asking if they would feel threatened by a trans woman then instead of the loaded question?

I've just humoured you and asked both my wife and also my sister who happens to be here just now. They think you're bonkers if you think women's rights are being eroded because a trans woman wants to sit down for a piss.