****The All In One LGBTQ+ & Related Issues Mega Thread****

The Mighty Thor

3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Because like it or not, legal and safeguarding issues still exists. I’m not saying, for example, that non-binary people shouldn’t be allowed to use female toilets. But they don’t just get to decide that they can either. Like I say, it’s not their prerogative to dictate that decision 

Wrong. Anyone can legally use toilets that match their gender.

https://www.transactual.org.uk/blog/on-the-policing-of-toilets

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Dawnrazor

• doctor jambo

• Unknown user

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

This random but I would like to get back on track. 

Is ‘gaydar’ a thing. I appreciate its not but as a ‘gay’ person especially of a certain vintage. Your senses must have got fairly heightened to people being receptive to your potential advances. As I say this is especially true of older people who had to be much more secretive. 

When, I was younger I used to go to gay clubs or gay friendly clubs. (music and clubs were generally better) I never got hit on by men but would hetro/bi females in the place. I mentioned this to a gay friend one night and he just laughed and said ‘your clearly hetro’ like I had a big sign over my head. He used to call me the hetro metro. 

He was a great wingman as an aside. I swear he used to send women my way in the club. Which, looking back was so he could probably do his thing and not have to concerns himself. 

So how accurate is it? Also did you use certain signs. As my niece was talking about tote bag and keychains as like being a lesbian bar sign. 

Yes, I understand it was probably just I'm a ugly ***** that couldn't dance. 😩

This post has made me feel a bit nostalgic 

I get Grindrr mist makes a shit tom easier nowadays😂

I am creating a new thread specifically for LGB issues.  This thread has become toxic , despite it initially being quite refreshing with posters sharing their experiences of LGB life and family.  It has rapidly went down hill. 

JudyJudyJudy

Hi guys and girls.  

I have created this thread in response to the other thread on this board with a similar theme. 

However this thread is ONLY to discuss LGB issues, experiences, thoughts and views. 

Please do not discuss any issues related to trans .  The other thread has  " discussions " on that issue. 

I am hoping that this  thread continues in the same vein as the last thread originally started.  I.e. posters sharing their experiences honestly and openly about LGB issues.   A couple of posters discussed family members who were openly gay and their  and other family members  initial response to this .   It was quite enlightening.  I found it very refreshing . 

Thanks 

image-23-10-21-11-03-4.gif

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

to your potential advances.

i know what you mean though. Just made me chuckle.  Please if you want , Re post that posting on the other thread as that's the kind of inquisitive and good natured and curious  questions or comments id rather see and discuss than corrosive , toxic arguments. 

image-23-10-21-11-03-1.gif

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

This is random but……. 

Is ‘gaydar’ a thing. I appreciate its not but as a ‘gay’ person especially of a certain vintage. Your senses must have got fairly heightened to people being receptive to your potential advances. As I say this is especially true of older people who had to be much more secretive. 

When, I was younger I used to go to gay clubs or gay friendly clubs. (music and clubs were generally better) I never got hit on by men but would hetro/bi females in the place. I mentioned this to a gay friend one night and he just laughed and said ‘your clearly hetro’ like I had a big sign over my head. He used to call me the hetro metro. 

He was a great wingman as an aside. I swear he used to send women my way in the club. Which, looking back was so he could probably do his thing and not have to concerns himself. 

So how accurate is it? Also did you use certain signs. As my niece was talking about tote bag and keychains as like being a lesbian bat sign. 

Yes, I understand it was probably just I'm a ugly ***** that couldn't dance. 😩

This post has made me feel a bit nostalgic 

I get Grindrr mist makes a shit tom easier nowadays😂

Yes i would say " gaydar " is a " thing".  Only going from my experiences really .  

As one of my friends quite rightly said " if another man holds your gaze longer than is usually socially acceptable it tends to mean one of two things 

1. they want to kick your head in

2. they want to kick something else in  ( my friends words :) )

Ive been out at times when this has definately happened .  The coy looks , smiles from a guy whos in a group of people. The discreet flirting almost .  I recall when I was early 20s i was in  a pub with " straight " friends and one of the guys friends started playing footsie under the table with me.  :)  At one point I had to to go the loo and low behold he came to the loo at the same time.........

I also recall a really refreshing comment from a guy  who was straight I was chatting to. Ok I was def trying to chat him up.   Why not ? Who dares wins ? 

Anyway he said to me " mate I think your gay.  I'm not .  But thanks for the compliment of chatting me up" ( I hadn't said I was gay at that point). I just liked his nonchalant and non threatening attitude. Other less secure guys meant have got aggressive in the same situation.  

I do honestly believe that those who cried loudest about " p***) etc are in the main internal themselves gay but cant accept it. Think there is an ambulance of research into this.  I have also had personal experience of it too. 

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

James dictating that thread kept on subject.  Guid yin.  Lad's got a sense of humour after all.

What you moaning for ? its a win for you.  Keeps me going off topic in other threads and de railing them. So its all good.

👍I've always had a sense of humour  

JudyJudyJudy
10 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

I like my queers nice and simple. Thanks, ThreeJudys.

image-23-10-21-06-58-13.gif

So now we have two gay related threads, Hibs.net should be worth reading soon, and the next Derby should solicit lots of Herts are gay comments. I have no real problem with gay, queer, bi, adulterer, flasher, rapist or whatever, they are all facts of life, but sometimes I just think mebbe the gay support should start their own forum.

CF11JamTart
8 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yes i would say " gaydar " is a " thing".  Only going from my experiences really .  

As one of my friends quite rightly said " if another man holds your gaze longer than is usually socially acceptable it tends to mean one of two things 

1. they want to kick your head in

2. they want to kick something else in  ( my friends words :) )

Ive been out at times when this has definately happened .  The coy looks , smiles from a guy whos in a group of people. The discreet flirting almost .  I recall when I was early 20s i was in  a pub with " straight " friends and one of the guys friends started playing footsie under the table with me.  :)  At one point I had to to go the loo and low behold he came to the loo at the same time.........

I also recall a really refreshing comment from a guy  who was straight I was chatting to. Ok I was def trying to chat him up.   Why not ? Who dares wins ? 

Anyway he said to me " mate I think your gay.  I'm not .  But thanks for the compliment of chatting me up" ( I hadn't said I was gay at that point). I just liked his nonchalant and non threatening attitude. Other less secure guys meant have got aggressive in the same situation.  

I do honestly believe that those who cried loudest about " p***) etc are in the main internal themselves gay but cant accept it. Think there is an ambulance of research into this.  I have also had personal experience of it too. 

Probably autocorrect gone wrong, but I like the idea of an ambulance of research. 

Although maybe not so good if it's about internalised homosexuality. That does not sound so good, on reflection. 

CF11JamTart
2 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

So now we have two gay related threads, Hibs.net should be worth reading soon, and the next Derby should solicit lots of Herts are gay comments. I have no real problem with gay, queer, bi, adulterer, flasher, rapist or whatever, they are all facts of life, but sometimes I just think mebbe the gay support should start their own forum.

I'm less OK with rapist. But I get your point. (it's a family thing). 

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, CF11JamTart said:

Probably autocorrect gone wrong, but I like the idea of an ambulance of research. 

Although maybe not so good if it's about internalised homosexuality. That does not sound so good, on reflection. 

Didnt notice that. Thanks for pointing it out. Rather comical really. ;) 

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

No so such thing as straight man, they just not met the right cock yet 😂

I like how a gay man can think he turn a straight man gay, in the same as some straight men think they could turn a lesbian straight. 

I’m only jesting.

Well the " straight  guy i know who kept insisting he was " super straight and I dont mind you mate" ...ended up not so straight ....several times.... ;)  ( in other words I dont think you can " turn" anyone gay or straight...its either in them or not....boom boom  ;) 

Im all for this thread having loads of good natured humour. 

JudyJudyJudy
11 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

This thread was created due to the other one becoming quite " angry " as such. Im hoping this one is more light weight and less contentious.  Just peoples thought and views. No need for arguments. 

ShakenNotStirred

People are who they are, nothing to do with me. Want to be gay? Be gay. Want to be a lesbian? Be a lesbian. Want to be bi? Be bi. Doesn't affect my life one way or the other.

Edited by ShakenNotStirred

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, ShakenNotStirred said:

People are who they are, nothing to do with me. Want to be gay? Be gay. Want to be a lesbian? Be a lesbian. Want to be bi? Be bi. Doesn't affect my life one way or the other.

Thats a great outlook to have , however some people dont want people to be who they are? In fact they hate them being who they are and actively try their dam nest to ensure people cant be who they are. 

JudyJudyJudy
9 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I once turned a bi lass totally lesbian.

Now why do I actually believe this ? :) 

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Also don’t undersell, yourself I’m sure it’s more than one.

I have never watched one episode of the Simpsons.  I must try it sometime. It does look very funny and seems to be on the ball with various issues 

ShakenNotStirred
Just now, JudyJudyJudy said:

Thats a great outlook to have , however some people dont want people to be who they are? In fact they hate them being who they are and actively try their dam nest to ensure people cant be who they are. 

Well yes unfortunately there is always gonna be bigots, prejudice, etc. I don't see what anyone's sexual orientation should affect one's life to the point that they feel they need to go against and protest it. Yes, I know a lot is due to hardcore Christians but that's another discussion all together.

What I will say about that is, if you are a Christian and hate gays then you are not a real Christian imo.

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, ShakenNotStirred said:

What I will say about that is, if you are a Christian and hate gays then you are not a real Christian imo.

Yep.  Jesus ( if he existed ) was the first social worker in some ways. He was non judgemental of people.  its only his teachings which have become distorted to suit most religions dogmas. 

7 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yes, you.

Finally the Gifmeister gets a thread all to himself. 

Well stuff that.

I think that transgenders deserve the exact same rights a lesbians, gays, bisexuals and straight folk.

Nobody has ever given me a reason to say otherwise that I can agree with.

Imagine starting a thread for straight men only, prejudice is rife on this site just now and the commander in chief has surpassed himself with this. 

LGB is not even a thing, Google it and almost every thread is about model railways. There's also the OP's band of bigots LGB Alliance but who wants to read a bigot's view?

CF11JamTart

So we're back to conflating sexuality and gender identity again? 

Stonewall would be proud. 

LGB Alliance... All those bigotted middle-aged lesbians.

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, CF11JamTart said:

So we're back to conflating sexuality and gender identity again? 

Stonewall would be proud. 

LGB Alliance... All those bigotted middle-aged lesbians.

Please do not feed the troll. He can rant on the other thread. 

CF11JamTart
1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Good point. Well presented. 

Should have known better. 

There's even a Twitter group that support Trans rights as well as the other minority groups that the OP champions 

@TynecastlePride

JudyJudyJudy

Interesting article .  I have mentioned before that I have witnessed only mild homophobia at football matches and its been very infrequent.  So Im  not so sure about the headline for the article really. 

Despite its best intentions, football remains unwelcoming of gay fans | Football | The Guardian

2 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

You're a bigot James, you are discriminating against a section of our support because of their gender. 

1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Interesting article .  I have mentioned before that I have witnessed only mild homophobia at football matches and its been very infrequent.  So Im  not so sure about the headline for the article really. 

Despite its best intentions, football remains unwelcoming of gay fans | Football | The Guardian

Give support to Tynecastle Pride then, they also have a Facebook page. Oh wait, you can't as they don't discriminate against transgenders.

Well done mods for merging the threads together where they belong. More power to LGBTQI+ people everywhere 

doctor jambo
20 minutes ago, graygo said:

Give support to Tynecastle Pride then, they also have a Facebook page. Oh wait, you can't as they don't discriminate against transgenders.

I don’t think he has ever advocated discrimination against Trans…… merely that some spaces should be reserved for same sex.

As a dude, I’m not allowed in those spaces- clearly discriminatory on sex grounds - but I understand it and why it is so.

28 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

It's still a sad state of affairs that there's only one professional football player that is openly gay though.

24 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Well done mods for merging the threads together where they belong. More power to LGBTQI+ people everywhere 

:spoton: 

The perfect meme as it's a guy who knows all about persecution and denying rights.

11 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

I don’t think he has ever advocated discrimination against Trans…… merely that some spaces should be reserved for same sex.

As a dude, I’m not allowed in those spaces- clearly discriminatory on sex grounds - but I understand it and why it is so.

Imagine one of your son's told you they were trans and started therapy, started living as a women. Would you insist that they used a male toilet? Think they'd be safe?

Trans women are not causing havoc in female safe places, that made up shite from people with an agenda.

Men often attack or threaten women, they don't need to pretend to be a woman to do that.

10 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

It's still a sad state of affairs that there's only one professional football player that is openly gay though.

Why though? Is it because there is still prejudice?

Maybe we should all be more tolerant of others.

4 minutes ago, graygo said:

Why though? Is it because there is still prejudice?

Maybe we should all be more tolerant of others.

I don't know why it is, prejudice and the fear of it I suspect, and you're absolutely right about all of being more tolerant, you should try it, I'm sure women would love to see you not forcing men into their safe spaces for a start.

JudyJudyJudy
38 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Yep . It really is .