****The All In One LGBTQ+ & Related Issues Mega Thread****

The Mighty Thor

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

The idea of being gender fluid really confuses me. I saw someone being interviewed on tv  and they were saying that one day they would wake up and feel like a woman and go by one name, another day they might feel like a man and go by a different name. I'm in no way a medical expert but that sounds more like a serious mental condition than anything else

And whats the difference between being gay and queer? 

To claim you “ feel “ like a woman one day then you must know what it is like to actually be a woman ( hint you can’t as it’s immutable sex ) , so if you are a biological male ( a man ) it’s almost impossible  to claim to feel like you are a “ woman “ unless it’s based out harmful stereotypes ! ( women more emotional ? Caring ? Etc etc . 

The word “ queer “ was used as a slur and a deeply offensive , oppressive and ingrained one for many years,  for gay people who were condemned to live as second class citizens before homosexuality and other equality rights were legalised , all My gay friend find it offensive and would never refer to themselves as “ queer “ . However it has been taken over by some of the LGBT mafia / thought police irrespective of how hurtful and traumatising it might be for gays who had this harmful slur thrown at them in years gone by . Apparently they have “ reclaimed “ the word 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Dawnrazor

• doctor jambo

• Unknown user

indianajones

The idea of being gender fluid really confuses me. I saw someone being interviewed on tv  and they were saying that one day they would wake up and feel like a woman and go by one name, another day they might feel like a man and go by a different name. I'm in no way a medical expert but that sounds more like a serious mental condition than anything else

It is a mental condition.

The Mighty Thor
7 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

OK ok . I suppose i best respond in this thread. I actually thought long and hard about whether to or not as @The Mighty Thor is clearly trying to bait me  and or  rip the piss out of me.  I also was anxious about the inevitable " onslaught " so maybe he could have just called the thread   " lets have a go at James  for his trans issues "  Some have., some haven't .  As predicted I have been labelled transphobic. 

However there have actually been some interesting postings regarding LGB issues and discrimination which is happening right now , so maybe the thread might be an education for some. Here's hoping. So for whatever the intention of @The Mighty Thorfor starting the thread , it may be helpful and interesting for some. 

When i read @The Mighty Thor posting I was thinking he is conflating LGB issues with trans and I felt I am not getting involved in this cause this is one of the problems for LGB  today. 

James allow me to clarify for you just so you don't mistake the reason for this thread.

I'm actually genuinely fed up of reading the same irrelevant subject matter being shoe-horned into threads where, funnily enough, it was not relevant. That's it. Not anti James. Not anti LGBTQ+

Hence the reason for one big thread where those who have a dog in the fight or an interest in debating the topic can have at it. 

If you have trans issues, and I neither know nor care if you do, then this is the place to air them and have them debated. 

My stance on LGBTQ+ is as follows. 

If it blows your hair back then horse on?👍

I'm not invested in the subject matter but I might learn something. 

At least now I know where to find out about it. 

Edited by The Mighty Thor

JudyJudyJudy
4 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

🤣

My oldest and best mate went to a school reunion a few years ago, he said some of the proper wee rides at school had turned into some real swampdonkeys since he'd last seen them, glad I never went.

I was in a pub couple years back and a very overweight guy with balding hair , to no hair and hardly any teeth asked his I was? Turned out he was an old crush I had from school who was a stunner ! Couldn’t believe the change in him ! Bullet dodged 😂

11 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I was in a pub couple years back and a very overweight guy with balding hair , to no hair and hardly any teeth asked his I was? Turned out he was an old crush I had from school who was a stunner ! Couldn’t believe the change in him ! Bullet dodged 😂

I get that, I went out with a girl when I was about 18, pretty, really good busty figure (her not me!) tall, altogether a bit of a catch, anyway we drifted apart but her name came up in conversation about 12 years ago, I chirped up quite proudly that I went out with her for a while, there was a stunned silence for a few seconds then much hilarity before a photo from, I think MySpace was produced, it's enough to say that your old crush you met in the pub sounds more attractive, I could hardly ****ing believe how she'd nose dived in looks, I honestly wouldn't think it was possible, in fact, if someone showed me that photo I honestly don't think I could have recognised her and we were pretty intimate🤣

Edited by Dawnrazor

JudyJudyJudy
22 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I get that, I went out with a girl when I was about 18, pretty, really good busty figure (her not me!) tall, altogether a bit of a catch, anyway we drifted apart but her name came up in conversation about 12 years ago, I chirped up quite proudly that I went out with her for a while, there was a stunned silence for a few seconds then much hilarity before a photo from, I think MySpace was produced, it's enough to say that your old crush you met in the pub sounds more attractive, I could hardly ****ing believe how she'd nose dived in looks, I honestly wouldn't think it was possible, in fact, if someone showed me that photo I honestly don't think I could have recognised her and we were pretty intimate🤣

It is incredible how sone people can really change through the years , either way in fact 

6 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Is it gay if you go to a glory hole and picture a lovely lady on the other side?

Asking for a mate

A mouth's a mouth!

Just now, Jeff said:

Aye but what if it's my mouth?

If you could reach that far down you'd never leave the house!

JudyJudyJudy
28 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Is it gay if you go to a glory hole and picture a lovely lady on the other side?

Asking for a mate

No that’s completely straight ! 💯 

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Asking for a mate

46 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Aye but what if it's my mouth?

E6BF9F96-D5FE-4D22-80A2-45FC172C0D49.jpeg

One thing I've always wondered about glory holes is how do you know who sooks? and who is the recipient of the sook?

Surely there is situations where you put your boaby through and have to joust the opposition for dominance

27 minutes ago, Jeff said:

One thing I've always wondered about glory holes is how do you know who sooks? and who is the recipient of the sook?

Surely there is situations where you put your boaby through and have to joust the opposition for dominance

I have to admit but I've never tought so deeply about it!!! but it has made me think about a Cheech & Chong film with the two luminous condoms🤣🤣

Dick Dastardly
13 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

To claim you “ feel “ like a woman one day then you must know what it is like to actually be a woman ( hint you can’t as it’s immutable sex ) , so if you are a biological male ( a man ) it’s almost impossible  to claim to feel like you are a “ woman “ unless it’s based out harmful stereotypes ! ( women more emotional ? Caring ? Etc etc . 

The word “ queer “ was used as a slur and a deeply offensive , oppressive and ingrained one for many years,  for gay people who were condemned to live as second class citizens before homosexuality and other equality rights were legalised , all My gay friend find it offensive and would never refer to themselves as “ queer “ . However it has been taken over by some of the LGBT mafia / thought police irrespective of how hurtful and traumatising it might be for gays who had this harmful slur thrown at them in years gone by . Apparently they have “ reclaimed “ the word 

Right, i new that queer was used as a slur, thats not really what i meant though. It has now, as you said, been reclaimed by a section of the lbtq community. But for this to be a different letter in that title it must mean something different now. So what is the difference between gay and queer? 

On 15/07/2022 at 23:56, Ked said:

For me it's not that anyone doesn't exist .There's so much that's different about us all but there's more that makes us the same.

I guess for me I'm always looking out for women because I grew up around them mostly.

My grandfather kept me sane😄

There is no doubt that sexuality and what it means has been constructed to an extent.

That's what bothers me about recent events.That there's dogma both ways and no room for breathing .And I worry that teens thoughts are being constructed .

It's like no one can just let things happen .On the one hand you have people who just say a man's a man on the other you have people administering life changing drugs to teens.

Or polarised views that see factions at pride marches.

I know people are pissec of at Judy.

He's a banger like most of us but he can be argued with.

So I suppose I'm saying as nipped as you get about this always speak your mind .

Your dealing with it .

I wish I could write my thoughts down as easily as I can vocalise them but here are some of my thoughts.

Trans is not a new thing just like homosexually wasn't a new thing back in the day.

Women's rights don't trump a trans women's rights simply because she asked for them first.

It's daft to post articles showing how a trans woman attacked a woman in a women's toilet so all trans women must be barred from women toilets. If that argument holds up then all straight men should be barred from male toilets for attacks on gay men because there sure as hell are more attacks happening in those circumstances.

Thinking that trans women have rights does not equal not caring about cis women's rights, it's a poor argument to make. I'm also not sure why he keeps posting about militant activists, what they do is not going to persuade me that the point is wrong.

You don't think that trans genders don't exist but the main mouthpiece on here does and cannot accept that others may think differently, it's a head in the sand attitude and one that most people thought about homosexuals a few years ago. It's a selfish attitude taken by a minority group who won't countenance another minority group looking for similar rights if it impacts them in any way. If he had his way that group would stop it's letters at LGB and to hell with the rest of them. 

22 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

My son has a couple of openly gay mates at school, two girls and a lad, there's a few openly gay pupils at his school in every year which is really encouraging, I just hope that acceptance continues.

I'm just catching up on this thread so apologies if already covered.

What you've posted is what I'm seeing too although not just openly gay, there is also pupils who are openly bisexual, openly non binary and openly trans gender.

You'll have James along (if not done already) saying "good post" or something in reply to your post but only because you stopped at gay.

Edit: Sure as eggs are eggs, very next post 

Edited by graygo

Right, i new that queer was used as a slur, thats not really what i meant though. It has now, as you said, been reclaimed by a section of the lbtq community. But for this to be a different letter in that title it must mean something different now. So what is the difference between gay and queer? 

I think the ‘Q’ stands for ‘questioning’ meaning you’re not sure if you’re gay/bi/straight.

16 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

The fact that you or me don't understand it doesn't make is not true or a mental condition. I keep saying it but that how homosexuality used to be viewed 

JudyJudyJudy
14 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Lets take this article apart bit by bit.

1,  The headline  " Family thrown gender reveal party for their eight years old trans daughter " 

already misleading.  They dont have an 8 years old trans  . They have an 8 years old son

2.  Six-year-old Ella Scott told her parents that she didn't feel like a boy.

This is where the whole farce should have ended..  Any normal parent would have asked Ellia .  " what do you mean you don't feel like a boy? What is a boy meant to feel like ? Admittedly expecting a child of 6 to answer such a esoteric question might be difficult due to their cognitive functioning so what the hell , just believe them and go along with the child's delusional thinking.  Children often fantasy think at that age so nothing new there. 

3.  Initially her mum Nikki, 38, and dad Graham, 39, were unsure if, at such a young age, Ella was just going through a phase.

He was.  

4.  We always knew she was a little different when she was little, as she was always friends with girls and played with Frozen toys.

So did i.  So have millions of boys at their earlier ages.  (harmful gender stereotyping)

5. I have two other children, Ella’s brothers, two cisgender boys who play rough but Ella never wanted to join in

see point 4

6.  "At age six she wanted to start wearing girls clothes like skirts and dresses.

Rewritten as " At age six HE wanted to start to wear clothes society normally associates with girls" 

7.  One Halloween we decided to let Ella pick her own costume and she wanted to be a cat so she wore a skirt and cat ears.

so He identified as a cat ? 

8.  "Neither of us knew what the right thing to do was so we showed Ella books of trans people because she didn’t have the words to say it. 

Classic indoctrination and grooming . He didnt have words to describe it as he is too young to understand these concepts. 

9.  Eventually, she did. She said, 'I’m not a boy, I don’t feel like this inside.'

Ideal time for the parents to ask " what does a boy feel like inside then?  

Ideal time for the parents to say that there are " many types of boys and not all boys like tractors bla bla bla. Ideal opportunity to let him explore how he is feeling inside to try and articulate it . However they just let him believe his delusional thinking. 

10.  "We were so confused," Nikki admitted, "asking ourselves if she was too young and were we doing the right thing

Yep you are right he was / is too young . Should have put it on hold right there and then.

11.  We wanted to ensure what we were doing wasn’t harmful or damaging

Only time will tell

12..  We arranged a consultation with a psychologist from our local child mental health centre, Reach Out Centre for Kids, and they ensured we were doing the right thing.

hmmmm ?  More than likely the psychologist was too frightened to go against to current ideology.  

13.  "From here we let Ella take the lead. In grade one she started using she/her pronouns, eventually growing her hair longer and wearing girls’ clothing.

Nothing really wrong with letting him grow his hair or wear " girls " clothing if he wishes to.  Just has to be reminded he is actually a boy.

14.  Ella did get upset when her hair wasn’t growing fast 

Wait until he is older and he will know how tough is in a misoygnist world for " girls".

15.  "Grade one was confusing as some peers were saying she wasn’t a girl," Nikki said. "However, we chose to move Ella and the rest of our kids.

They were right.  And the classic fingers in ears when the truth is heard so they ignore it. 

16.  Nikki has also set up a social media page to share Ella’s transition journey to inspire other parents who are going through a similar situation

Completely  weird and disrespectful for the boys right to  privacy. Also god know what freaks and oddballs will follow  his journey. 

17.  When she transitioned I found loads of resources for youths but not for kids. In most local clinics the rules are that you need to start puberty before you can get in and that means Ella wouldn’t qualify.

Yeah theres a reason for that Kids cant " transition"  

18.   start of our journey.

I thought it was the sons journey ?  Says it all really. 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I assume its to keep the " queer " militants happy and also the " gay" people happy too. 

CF11JamTart
2 hours ago, graygo said:

Women's rights don't trump a trans women's rights simply because she asked for them first.

As far as I'm concerned, in SOME cases women's rights DO trump trans rights. Not all aspects. But SOME.

Around those old chestnuts of sex vs gender and fairness/safety/inclusion. 

There is a balance to be struck. Trans women and trans men should be able to live their lives in the way that they identify with. But women's sex-based rights must not be eroded. 

CF11JamTart
35 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I assume its to keep the " queer " militants happy and also the " gay" people happy too. 

And how's that working out for you? Happy? 

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, CF11JamTart said:

As far as I'm concerned, in SOME cases women's rights DO trump trans rights. Not all aspects. But SOME.

There is a balance to be struck. Trans women and trans men should be able to live their lives in the way that they identify with. But women's sex-based rights must not be eroded. 

Disgraceful statement from him really. 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, CF11JamTart said:

And how's that working out for you? Happy? 

I’m not that interested I’m “ gay “ if I really must put a label on me but I have had “ dalliances “ with the other sex ! 😎

JudyJudyJudy
9 minutes ago, CF11JamTart said:

A vocal and aggressive minority rights di not trump the rights of half the population . 

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, FWJ said:

I think the ‘Q’ stands for ‘questioning’ meaning you’re not sure if you’re gay/bi/straight.

Yes that right but I’m kind of out of tune with some of the new ideology . I still believe people are either gay , straight or bi.  

CF11JamTart
7 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I’m not that interested I’m “ gay “ if I really must put a label on me but I have had “ dalliances “ with the other sex ! 😎

I was just being flippant. Chuck enough letters and symbols in, and everyone will be happy and feel that their rights are represented 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, CF11JamTart said:

I was just being flippant. Chuck enough letters and symbols in, and everyone will be happy and feel that their rights are represented 

Yea I knew u were ! Yea  basically it seems to represent anyone and everyone which is the problem because LGB have particular needs and issues which need support and addressed . 

CF11JamTart
57 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

1,  The headline  " Family thrown gender reveal party for their eight years old trans daughter " 

You have picked that apart quite comprehensively. 

For me, so much of the foundation of the family's position is based around crass, outdated gender stereotyping 

Boys like tractors and superheroes

Girls like unicorn and dolls. 

Or whatever. 

FFS have we not moved on? 

Kids and adults... Do your own thing. Life your own life. (but don't park your tank on women's sex-based rights). 

Ainsley Harriott
On 15/07/2022 at 08:04, Jeffros Furios said:

Aye but what is a woman ? 

Historically it was a human with no penis and a womb. Now a days it can be anyone, some modern day ladies have cocks and beards.

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, CF11JamTart said:

For me, so much of the foundation of the family's position is based around crass, outdated gender stereotyping 

Or whatever. 

Kids and adults... Do your own thing. Life your own life. (but don't park your tank on women's sex-based rights). 

👍

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Historically it was a human with no penis and a womb. Now a days it can be anyone, some modern day ladies have cocks and beards.

Isn’t it noticeable that no one ever asks what is a man ? 

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, CF11JamTart said:

Or whatever. 

It’s going backwards really . 

Ainsley Harriott
2 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Isn’t it noticeable that no one ever asks what is a man ? 

Nope it's clear as day. If you can piss standing up without a mess then the debate is closed 

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Nope it's clear as day. If you can piss standing up without a mess then the debate is closed 

You clearly haven’t been to  Benidorm then ? 😂

7 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

That means I'm only a man when sober.😉

Ron Burgundy
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

already misleading.  They dont have an 8 years old trans  . They have an 8 years old son

2.  Six-year-old Ella Scott told her parents that she didn't feel like a boy.

This is where the whole farce should have ended..  Any normal parent would have asked Ellia .  " what do you mean you don't feel like a boy? What is a boy meant to feel like ? Admittedly expecting a child of 6 to answer such a esoteric question might be difficult due to their cognitive functioning so what the hell , just believe them and go along with the child's delusional thinking.  Children often fantasy think at that age so nothing new there. 

3.  Initially her mum Nikki, 38, and dad Graham, 39, were unsure if, at such a young age, Ella was just going through a phase.

He was.  

4.  We always knew she was a little different when she was little, as she was always friends with girls and played with Frozen toys.

So did i.  So have millions of boys at their earlier ages.  (harmful gender stereotyping)

5. I have two other children, Ella’s brothers, two cisgender boys who play rough but Ella never wanted to join in

see point 4

6.  "At age six she wanted to start wearing girls clothes like skirts and dresses.

Rewritten as " At age six HE wanted to start to wear clothes society normally associates with girls" 

7.  One Halloween we decided to let Ella pick her own costume and she wanted to be a cat so she wore a skirt and cat ears.

so He identified as a cat ? 

8.  "Neither of us knew what the right thing to do was so we showed Ella books of trans people because she didn’t have the words to say it. 

Classic indoctrination and grooming . He didnt have words to describe it as he is too young to understand these concepts. 

9.  Eventually, she did. She said, 'I’m not a boy, I don’t feel like this inside.'

Ideal time for the parents to ask " what does a boy feel like inside then?  

Ideal time for the parents to say that there are " many types of boys and not all boys like tractors bla bla bla. Ideal opportunity to let him explore how he is feeling inside to try and articulate it . However they just let him believe his delusional thinking. 

10.  "We were so confused," Nikki admitted, "asking ourselves if she was too young and were we doing the right thing

Yep you are right he was / is too young . Should have put it on hold right there and then.

11.  We wanted to ensure what we were doing wasn’t harmful or damaging

Only time will tell

12..  We arranged a consultation with a psychologist from our local child mental health centre, Reach Out Centre for Kids, and they ensured we were doing the right thing.

hmmmm ?  More than likely the psychologist was too frightened to go against to current ideology.  

13.  "From here we let Ella take the lead. In grade one she started using she/her pronouns, eventually growing her hair longer and wearing girls’ clothing.

Nothing really wrong with letting him grow his hair or wear " girls " clothing if he wishes to.  Just has to be reminded he is actually a boy.

14.  Ella did get upset when her hair wasn’t growing fast 

Wait until he is older and he will know how tough is in a misoygnist world for " girls".

15.  "Grade one was confusing as some peers were saying she wasn’t a girl," Nikki said. "However, we chose to move Ella and the rest of our kids.

They were right.  And the classic fingers in ears when the truth is heard so they ignore it. 

16.  Nikki has also set up a social media page to share Ella’s transition journey to inspire other parents who are going through a similar situation

Completely  weird and disrespectful for the boys right to  privacy. Also god know what freaks and oddballs will follow  his journey. 

17.  When she transitioned I found loads of resources for youths but not for kids. In most local clinics the rules are that you need to start puberty before you can get in and that means Ella wouldn’t qualify.

Yeah theres a reason for that Kids cant " transition"  

18.   start of our journey.

I thought it was the sons journey ?  Says it all really. 

Unfit to be parents. Attention seeking arseholes.

Kid will now be messed up for life.

How did the world get to this stage where people actually believe that they can become something they are not and never can be just because they feel they want to? 

Absolutely mental. Stop pandering to messed up kids and attention seeking parents. The world is a big bad place and sometimes feelings can get hurt when you are faced with the truth rather than being fed utter bullshit about numerous feckin genders and denying basic biology.

I feel sorry for them. They are getting the wrong sort of help IMO. Some good psychiatric help and then possibly some necessary truth bullets fired at them which will probably hurt their feelings but benefit them in the long run.

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I have noticed over a period of time now that the Edinburgh Fringe Festival has started to put " queer" in the promotion of a number of shows, comedy, plays, dance and so on. I wondered how that use of the word was perceived in the Gay community right enough. It's not a word I would ever use comfortably even if I knew it was embraced by many!

11 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I have noticed over a period of time now that the Edinburgh Fringe Festival has started to put " queer" in the promotion of a number of shows, comedy, plays, dance and so on. I wondered how that use of the word was perceived in the Gay community right enough. It's not a word I would ever use comfortably even if I knew it was embraced by many!

Did the word queer in terms of homosexuality originate from the older word queer which meant strange / odd?

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Did the word queer in terms of homosexuality originate from the older word queer which meant strange / odd?

I've no idea but it sort of points to that. I wonder how " Gay" came about too when it once meant happy? 

1 minute ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I've no idea but it sort of points to that. I wonder how " Gay" came about too when it once meant happy? 

Funnily enough I wasn't aware of the older word queer until I read Lord of the Rings.

Frodo was what now?!

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, Jeff said:

Funnily enough I wasn't aware of the older word queer until I read Lord of the Rings.

Frodo was what now?!

For me Queer meant something odd or unexpected had happened. Like I just saw a guy in a Celtic top buying a bar of soap, that was queer.

1 hour ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

The terms used in the 

marketing come from the people putting the show on not the fringe itself. I give it a short time until someone tries to promote a “queer fringe” to run alongside the usual one. The LGBT community has always been fond of labelling but it’s out of hand now. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Unfit to be parents. Attention seeking arseholes.

Kid will now be messed up for life.

How did the world get to this stage where people actually believe that they can become something they are not and never can be just because they feel they want to? 

Absolutely mental. Stop pandering to messed up kids and attention seeking parents. The world is a big bad place and sometimes feelings can get hurt when you are faced with the truth rather than being fed utter bullshit about numerous feckin genders and denying basic biology.

I feel sorry for them. They are getting the wrong sort of help IMO. Some good psychiatric help and then possibly some necessary truth bullets fired at them which will probably hurt their feelings but benefit them in the long run.

Very well

said ! Perhaps my assessment was rather too polite 😎

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Hate it and as I said most gay people and straight people I know do too . But it’s being pushed vigorously by the militant “ queer “ wing of LGB ideology in particular Stonewall