.net delusion

iantjambo

4 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Ok I know it's probably a Peebles moment but did they every pay back the wages they cut during Covid?

we should ask Kevin Harper. He had plenty to say on the matter at the time and put the boot in to us.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/ex-hibs-ace-kevin-harper-praises-former-club-and-brands-rivals-hearts-wage-move-shocking-2522298?amp

Edited by 1971fozzy

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• martoon

• vegas-voss

• Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Ok I know it's probably a Peebles moment but did they every pay back the wages they cut during Covid?

They must’ve done or the players would’ve went to the press, might just be a coincidence that they and Aberdeen were crap last season but hopefully it helped. 

22 minutes ago, Percival King said:

If nothing else, you would think a club and its supporters would be embarrassed and want to rid themselves of this nonsense.

I remember getting home from Tynecastle after that cretin had got into the Celtic technical area to have a go at Lennon. It was all over Sky Sports, I knew the guy absolutely didn't represent me or Hearts supporters but nonetheless I was embarrassed for how it made Hearts and our fans look. 

You're right about that, he actually represented all football fans 👍

1 hour ago, Percival King said:

Unless something is happening in the background (though history would suggest that's unlikely) I just can't understand why there isn't more of a focus on addressing this problem and, unless I've missed it, some condemnation from those in authority. This isn't about using it as an opportunity to take the moral high ground or have a dig at Hibs, it's about ridding our game of this nonsense which can and has happened at several grounds and which, if it happened in a UEFA tie, would surely result in a fine or sanctions. If it goes unchecked, we risk this behaviour becoming more commonplace. Football doesn't like outside agencies like the Police or government getting involved so it needs to be pro-active on this. 

If we accept this behaviour then it, erm, becomes acceptable

Less than a month ago, Neil Doncaster warned clubs they will face "severe" punishments if they fail to control thier fans.

As usual, it's just hot air.

Skivingatwork

Unfortunately, like most things in life, nothing is done until there is a serious incident, despite there being plenty of warning signs.

If left unaddressed it’s a matter of time before a bottle hits someone on the head. There will suddenly be an outcry in the press, politicians will want to be seen criticising football fans etc.

All because one club didn’t have the wherewithal to deal with it.

joondalupjambo
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Less than a month ago, Neil Doncaster warned clubs they will face "severe" punishments if they fail to control thier fans.

No he is waiting for Hearts supporters to do something then he will act.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

You're right about that, he actually represented all football fans 👍

:lol:

Doctor FinnBarr
5 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

So, once again an opposing player (Tavernier) is pelted with chips, lighters from that cesspit corner. And there’s a thread on their site saying glass bottle hit a stewards hand and another booze bottle thrown just missed the pitch. 

So, after the derby and countless other games why the fek is that section not closed ? Or nets put up ?

Surely a matter of time before someone (likely a player) is seriously injured.  

I don’t agree with docking points but that section has to be shut off surely.

Ive said before as well that when they come to Tynecastle we need to erect netting. Should of been up after our goalkeeper was punched a few years back

Don't forget the arsehole who jumped trackside and tried to lamp a Rangers player, championship possibly?

Ricardo Quaresma

It’ll take something like a bottle to be cracked off beaton’s nut to get attention and it will make the hobo yobs known to everyone, probably go out worldwide on the news

12 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Don't forget the arsehole who jumped trackside and tried to lamp a Rangers player, championship possibly?

And the bottle that was thrown on to the pitch narrowly missing an injured Rangers player a few seasons ago. To be fair to Dempster, she did front up to Sky on that one and seemed to be taking the incident seriously. No idea if they ever caught the person responsible though.

3 hours ago, JWL said:

And the bottle that was thrown on to the pitch narrowly missing an injured Rangers player a few seasons ago. To be fair to Dempster, she did front up to Sky on that one and seemed to be taking the incident seriously. No idea if they ever caught the person responsible though.

She probably took it up a level to Petrie, who in turn put it down to exuberence.

3 hours ago, JWL said:

Being a professional, reputable, non-chav executive was always going to be her downfall in that role.  And so it proved.

RustyRightPeg
6 minutes ago, db211833 said:

He’s got a PowerPoint. I dare say every coach does similar things, they just don’t shout about it in the press for validation. 

I do stuff for scouting because it’s part and parcel of the job - I’d be concerned if he wasn’t trying to pick stuff up from the listed people!

jamboinglasgow
11 minutes ago, db211833 said:

Every time Lee Johnson talks, he validates the view I saw before he was appointed from a Bristol City fan that he is a bullshit artist, and thats what keeps him in jobs and gets people in the media to rate him. 

1 minute ago, Gilberts Fridge said:

When Pep admits he has an app with the ravings of Wheely Bin on it I might sit up and take notice.

:rofl:

2 minutes ago, Gilberts Fridge said:

When Pep admits he has an app with the ravings of Wheely Bin on it I might sit up and take notice.

I would down load that app would be an amusing party game 

2 hours ago, Gilberts Fridge said:

Why wouldn't Pep be intrigued by statements like....

"That's why we don't let toddlers make a cup of tea as they'd burn themselves"....?????

Genius insight.

On 22/08/2022 at 16:35, Nookie Bear said:

He's probably waiting for the consultancy firm he hired to look into the issue to come back with their findings once they've sounded out Celtic and Rangers for a solution.

I read recently that he invited a sniper in to motivate his squad? Not trying to be smart here but what exactly is a sniper?

I could look it up of course but I certainly thought it was a hired killer.

3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I read recently that he invited a sniper in to motivate his squad? Not trying to be smart here but what exactly is a sniper?

I could look it up of course but I certainly thought it was a hired killer.

Hes the guy that shoots Boyle from the stand so they can win penalties 

Pasquale for King
18 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Every time Lee Johnson talks, he validates the view I saw before he was appointed from a Bristol City fan that he is a bullshit artist, and thats what keeps him in jobs and gets people in the media to rate him. 

A bit like Jack Ross or Shaun Maloney 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😂?!?!

Just over 11k season tickets, admittedly it's more than I thought they would get but just goes to show how tinpot they are 

We sell out every game, they have massive gaps in their stand for cat A games 🫣

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Just over 11k season tickets, admittedly it's more than I thought they would get but just goes to show how tinpot they are 

11k is massive compared to most clubs in Scotland. 

Bit behind us tho. 

7 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Bit behind us tho. 

It should be putting them comfortably fourth in terms of resources and if Cormack ever gets bored of propping up the sheep then they will over take them with those sorts of numbers

We are miles ahead though thankfully

25 minutes ago, Bozi said:

that’s fairly impressive for them to  be fair.  How many bother to turn up is another matter.  Once their last minute goals dry up and their draws turn into defeats it will be interesting.  Also VAR coming in will hamper the likes of Boyle and co with their cheating. 

Percival King

Latest edition of When Saturday Comes has just dropped through my door. The derby is the featured Match of the Month. Lovely quote - "Since Eddie Turmbull's Tornadoes drifted away from Easter Road in the 1970s, Hearts dominance has at some points been verging on the need for charges of cruelty to be brought, with a 22 game undefeated run........"

Strangely, in the interests of balance, I can't see anything in the article which refers to Hearts fans being destroyed by a cup defeat in 2016, maybe I missed it. Will we ever get over it?????

5 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Bit behind us tho. 

Aye, but and also ...

The widely held belief about how many of these season tickets are 'junior' ones is true, although I dinnnae wanna tell why I know this.

Compare that with numerous posts on JKB e.g. for sell-out cup matches etc. when posters have come on asking how to convert Junior tickets to adult ones so as to pay the proper price.

Their 11K must be heavily diluted with false concessions.

1 minute ago, Wee Mikey said:

Aye, but and also ...

The widely held belief about how many of these season tickets are 'junior' ones is true, although I dinnnae wanna tell why I know this.

Compare that with numerous posts on JKB e.g. for sell-out cup matches etc. when posters have come on asking how to convert Junior tickets to adult ones so as to pay the proper price.

Is there a way of finding out income from ticket sales from accounts? That might be interesting.

Bazzas right boot
37 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Aye, but and also ...

Fair point. 

41 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

Is there a way of finding out income from ticket sales from accounts? That might be interesting.

Probably not. It'll be buried ... but you never know.

Gorgie_Rules

I see they have announced they have sold a grand total of 11,670 season tickets, a total they seem to be patting themselves on the back for.

25% less than ourselves, if numbers stay the same for both clubs over the next few seasons on average, along side our European cash, there could be quite a significant financial gap opening up between us and them.

Never mind, whilst we are installing big screens etc they seem to be installing CCTV at their training ground to monitor players performance🤣🤣 

1 minute ago, steve123 said:

Never mind, whilst we are installing big screens etc they seem to be installing CCTV at their training ground to monitor players performance🤣🤣 

Linked to Lee's App? 

1 hour ago, steve123 said:

Probably dont want any more iPads going missing

Hibs 13 new signing not including the new goalie they just brought in and only 3 started today.I think only McGeady is injured as well 🤣

5 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Hibs 13 new signing not including the new goalie they just brought in and only 3 started today.I think only McGeady is injured as well 🤣

Ian Gordon puffing a big Cuban cigar and laughing at the muppets as he lights it with their cash

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Ian Gordon puffing a big Cuban cigar and laughing at the muppets as he lights it with their cash

Great visualisation.

Add in a big leather armchair and porteous performing foot stool duties and we've got this year's Christmas card

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

A couple of bad results and it will snowball. 

Their dressing room will fall apart and divide,  Johnson will get sacked. 

Rinse and repeat.