.net delusion

iantjambo

1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

Up there with Butchers “Conceding first isn’t a bad thing. Because it takes away the pressure of conceding”.

:gok:

Wasn't that fenlon before the cup final?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• martoon

• vegas-voss

• Pasquale for King

8 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Don’t think so. I think Fenlon was the pressure being on the team that won the most derbies or something like that. To which, Sergio replied “Fine, let us keep winning and put all the pressure on us”.

Edited by iantjambo

1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

He said something along the lines of:

it’s a good thing the manager has been able to see the flaws early on as he can rectify those faults, if everything was rosy and we were constantly winning then the manager would think all was well”.  

Complete roaster.  So winning all the time is not the preferred option then? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Makes no sense at all. If everything was rosy and they were constantly winning everything would be well!

27 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

19 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Don’t think so. I think Fenlon was the pressure being on the team that won the most derbies or something like that. To which, Sergio replied “Fine, let us keep winning and put all the pressure on us”.

“If you believe that losing puts the pressure onto the other team that wins more times, okay, you keep losing. Keep losing and put the pressure onto us.”

5 minutes ago, Haken said:

“If you believe that losing puts the pressure onto the other team that wins more times, okay, you keep losing. Keep losing and put the pressure onto us.”

That was it 👍🏻

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, 1953 said:

Makes no sense at all. If everything was rosy and they were constantly winning everything would be well!

It’s one of the hobo 10 commandments 

Rick Sanchez

I asked the question of a Hibs fan at my work...

If you still had Stubbs, Lennon or Ross as your manager, would you still be signing these players?

The answer was naw.

Puppets in charge and with Ron the Con saying he's trying to copy Lawwell's method of buying and selling for a massive profit...they're in big trouble.

Especially signing players like Titty Bojangles from Zippy FC.

3 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

He said something along the lines of:

it’s a good thing the manager has been able to see the flaws early on as he can rectify those faults, if everything was rosy and we were constantly winning then the manager would think all was well”.  

Complete roaster.  So winning all the time is not the preferred option then? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

What a load of tripe. :lol: Results are irrelevant, any decent manager worth their salt should still see the squad for what it is.

4 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

If you still had Stubbs, Lennon or Ross as your manager, would you still be signing these players?

The answer was naw.

Puppets in charge and with Ron the Con saying he's trying to copy Lawwell's method of buying and selling for a massive profit...they're in big trouble.

FWIW, here's my take on Hibs atm. They're at a bit of a crossroads, which could go either way at the minute, but is essentially a baw hair away from spiralling down a road of chaos once again.

Fans generally judge 3 aspects of their club, the board, the manager and the players. When you look at all 3 of them, none of them are particularly safe, or blameless. 

Ron Gordon has been in charge for 3 years now, and while he didn't promise overnight success, he did seem to have big plans to make Hibs a force in Scotland. The 2020/21 campaign wasn't bad by any means with a 3rd place finish, although they did perhaps blow not one, but two chances to win silverware. Aside from that, its 2 bottom 6 finishes. Another miserable season and fans will be really seeing through his plans, albeit some already are. He's clearly a good businessman, who's done some good off the park for the club, but he's ****ed it by having idiots (plus his own son) in charge of the 'footballing' matters. Biggest mistake he made in my eyes was not keeping Dempster around. 

Then there's the manager. A man who pockets of Hibs fans didn't want in the first place. A competent manager of which I have no doubt, but he comes right in on the back of Maloney, who similarly wanted to play some mad style of football. There is absolutely no guarantee that he is the right man for the job, and bad early results vs lower league opposition in the League Cup certainly hasn't done him any favours. He needs to start the season strong.

Then finally, there's the players. Many of which are the same players that ultimately let them down last season and aren't exactly favourites down Lochend. Then the newbies. I'm sure we're all in agreement that their recruitment has been scattergun at best. The only 2 on paper who make complete sense to me is the Croatian left back and David Marshall. Other than that, they're all risks. Question is, well thought out risks who actually fit in to the club? Or economic signings made by Gordon Jr with only his Dad's pockets at heart, in the hope that one of them might come good.

The next few months are pretty crucial down there I'd say. If they have a decent season, then I'm sure all will be rosey again, but if they struggle from the get go, I can see Hibs fans revolting in their droves. And judging by their first 4, there's every chance that could happen.

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

There’s a fair bit chat around that Porto the wonder kid has been flogged?

Flogged=Sold

or

Flogged=The good way

40 minutes ago, Locky said:

FWIW, here's my take on Hibs atm. They're at a bit of a crossroads, which could go either way at the minute, but is essentially a baw hair away from spiralling down a road of chaos once again.

Fans generally judge 3 aspects of their club, the board, the manager and the players. When you look at all 3 of them, none of them are particularly safe, or blameless. 

Ron Gordon has been in charge for 3 years now, and while he didn't promise overnight success, he did seem to have big plans to make Hibs a force in Scotland. The 2020/21 campaign wasn't bad by any means with a 3rd place finish, although they did perhaps blow not one, but two chances to win silverware. Aside from that, its 2 bottom 6 finishes. Another miserable season and fans will be really seeing through his plans, albeit some already are. He's clearly a good businessman, who's done some good off the park for the club, but he's ****ed it by having idiots (plus his own son) in charge of the 'footballing' matters. Biggest mistake he made in my eyes was not keeping Dempster around. 

Then there's the manager. A man who pockets of Hibs fans didn't want in the first place. A competent manager of which I have no doubt, but he comes right in on the back of Maloney, who similarly wanted to play some mad style of football. There is absolutely no guarantee that he is the right man for the job, and bad early results vs lower league opposition in the League Cup certainly hasn't done him any favours. He needs to start the season strong.

Then finally, there's the players. Many of which are the same players that ultimately let them down last season and aren't exactly favourites down Lochend. Then the newbies. I'm sure we're all in agreement that their recruitment has been scattergun at best. The only 2 on paper who make complete sense to me is the Croatian left back and David Marshall. Other than that, they're all risks. Question is, well thought out risks who actually fit in to the club? Or economic signings made by Gordon Jr with only his Dad's pockets at heart, in the hope that one of them might come good.

The next few months are pretty crucial down there I'd say. If they have a decent season, then I'm sure all will be rosey again, but if they struggle from the get go, I can see Hibs fans revolting in their droves. And judging by their first 4, there's every chance that could happen.

Agree with all of that but would like to seek clarification on what you consider a drove?  Do they have droves to revolt??  Perhaps "revolt in their drabs"?

6 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Agree with all of that but would like to seek clarification on what you consider a drove?  Do they have droves to revolt??  Perhaps "revolt in their drabs"?

:lol: :touche:

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

The answer was naw.

The reality will soon set in, loans given to them by Ron the con, all for players from teams' nobody has heard of.

Ron is going to rinse them for everything. Is he even a football fan?

mickycameron98

Ron the Con 😂. It's one big comedy show over there just now and it's not just us laughing at them this time around. .....it's the whole country.

36 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Flogged=Sold

or

Flogged=The good way

Sold Unfortunately 😂

Although the timing seems strange 4 days before the season kicks off.

This guy claiming that if their squad is fully fit and committed then that would be their business done had be howling with laughter.

If they think that their squad, which is about.....35 strong? At the moment is good enough as it is to even survive relegation then I know I'm in for a season of laughter.

After last season they should be kicking the door down at Easter Road demanding that the squad is overhauled down to the bones and rebuilt.

Instead they scattergun it once more and once more like always, they have hibsed it.

Screenshot_20220725-153407_Samsung Internet.jpg

8 minutes ago, Bauld said:

This guy claiming that if their squad is fully fit and committed then that would be their business done had be howling with laughter.

If they think that their squad, which is about.....35 strong? At the moment is good enough as it is to even survive relegation then I know I'm in for a season of laughter.

After last season they should be kicking the door down at Easter Road demanding that the squad is overhauled down to the bones and rebuilt.

Instead they scattergun it once more and once more like always, they have hibsed it.

Screenshot_20220725-153407_Samsung Internet.jpg

**** me what are they seeing in this Rocky the guy is honking everytime a team attacks this guy is a bag of nerves who then makes the keeper dodgy looking and his defensive partner just as bad.Long may they think he is great 🤣

HeartsandonlyHearts
4 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Up there with Butchers “Conceding first isn’t a bad thing. Because it takes away the pressure of conceding”.

:gok:

Nothing like conceding a goal with 1 minute left in a 0-0 game. No pressure whatsoever.

5 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Nothing like conceding a goal with 1 minute left in a 0-0 game. No pressure whatsoever.

I think he was specifically referring to conceding early goals, IIRC.

9 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

**** me what are they seeing in this Rocky the guy is honking everytime a team attacks this guy is a bag of nerves who then makes the keeper dodgy looking and his defensive partner just as bad.Long may they think he is great 🤣

Thing is, they are raving about him in a below mediocre team that couldn't beat Morton and have already gone out of the league cup not because he was ineligible but because they were shite. 

I can genuinely see them being relegation candidates. 

They should be absolutely shitting themselves.

HeartsandonlyHearts
38 minutes ago, Forrest said:

I think he was specifically referring to conceding early goals, IIRC.

I was being facetious… but either way it’s not a good way to coach 😂

”Dont worry about losing a goal early. We’re #!bs. No one will notice”

41 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Thing is, they are raving about him in a below mediocre team that couldn't beat Morton and have already gone out of the league cup not because he was ineligible but because they were shite. 

Aye, but they've just beat Norwich, so all is good now. 

2 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Aye, but they've just beat Norwich, so all is good now. 

Norwich U23s I believe. Haven't looked to confirm but a few hibs fans described it as such.

Take out the OF for me its between Hearts and the sheep imho.. even though some  on here have  wrote them off

As for the rest couldny even guess but hibs may well smash a top 6 place  if lucky 

54 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Honestly think they look worse than last season.I think Maloney knew they were bad defensively and that's why he had them keeping possession without trying to do to much with it.Johnson has them pressing/chasing leaving gaps everywhere and they look so easy to pick off.

I'm willing to bet Marshall is chipped at least once this season as well as against Morton he was always miles outside his box.

15 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Norwich U23s I believe. Haven't looked to confirm but a few hibs fans described it as such.

Hibs played a few youngsters as well. 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Honestly think they look worse than last season.I think Maloney knew they were bad defensively and that's why he had them keeping possession without trying to do to much with it.Johnson has them pressing/chasing leaving gaps everywhere and they look so easy to pick off.

I'm willing to bet Marshall is chipped at least once this season as well as against Morton he was always miles outside his box.

A. certain Mr Shankland has form for that.... 

11 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Hibs played a few youngsters as well. 

Yes, which means the game meant absolutely **** all in terms of how both teams will do in competitive matches.

Looking at how hibs have played in actual competitive games it would appear they are absolute dung. 

Just now, Bauld said:

Yes, which means the game meant absolutely **** all in terms of how both teams will do in competitive matches.

Looking at how hibs have played in actual competitive games it would appear they are absolute dung. 

They played with two teams first half team was the first team and the 2nd half was their much talked about (by them and Ron) development team. According to a Hibs fan at work the 2nd half team looked better than the actual first team. 

42 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

A. certain Mr Shankland has form for that.... 

Oh it would be so sweet if he done it

Remnants of Standards

I see the actual club are busy wishing their hero Stokes a happy birthday today across their social media. That'll be the recently-lifted Stokes. 

Hopefully he's reading their best wishes on a smuggled phone.

5 minutes ago, Ked said:

That twice today I've read you defending them.

What was the other time? 

And, how is saying they played a few youngsters, defending them? 

4 hours ago, Remnants of Standards said:

I see the actual club are busy wishing their hero Stokes a happy birthday today across their social media. That'll be the recently-lifted Stokes. 

Why has the EEN pixelated out Stokes' face.  As if we don't know what he looks like?

45 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Why has the EEN pixelated out Stokes' face.  As if we don't know what he looks like?

Public service.

Stops the kids having nightmares. 

Having to choose between Tait and Magennis will give you a feckin headache alright. Obviously have to get Saturday out the way first but I really hope we terrorise them from the first whistle next week. No win for Robbie down there, that has to change.

millerjames398
5 hours ago, Remnants of Standards said:

...a smuggled phone,,reeking of shite🙏🏻😂

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
9 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

I think it's because they're H1b5 *****.

It's absolutely incredible what a win in a friendly does for them when both used fringe squads 🤣

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?358453-Saw-Enough%85&p=7039076#post7039076

22 hours ago, Haken said:

He had his detractors did Senhor Sérgio but by God, he had that lot on toast!

Салатные палочки
56 minutes ago, John Rambo said:

And that wee weirdo Sheils. 

1 hour ago, John Rambo said:

He will forever be in the history books as the manager who pumped Hibs in the most important match between the 2 clubs ever (to date). 

Imagine losing a Scottish Cup Final 5-1 to your city rivals, and knowing that it could have been a hell of a lot worse than it was. 

:pleasingao:

3 minutes ago, tian447 said:

He will forever be in the history books as the manager who pumped Hibs in the most important match between the 2 clubs ever (to date). 

Imagine losing a Scottish Cup Final 5-1 to your city rivals, and knowing that it could have been a hell of a lot worse than it was. 

It REALLY should have been 10!

Percival King
16 minutes ago, tian447 said:

And then claim that you were over it within a day or day two, or even a year or two, honestly, they were, apparently. Little fibbers, it should still haunt real Hibs' supporters 

2 hours ago, indianajones said:

It must be exhausting supporting Hibs. Relegation fodder to league winners in the space of a week. 

My schoolmate supported Hibs.  Asked why, his answer was because his dad did. 

His kids must suffer from depression if they followed in their father's footsteps. 

Has anyone seen their league prediction thread :look:some of them actually believe they’ll finish 3rd

50 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

Has anyone seen their league prediction thread :look:some of them actually believe they’ll finish 3rd

They are basing it on a friendly against Norwich where both played a shadow side and players that haven't even played a competitive game for them yet 🤣

54 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

If they were talking about the Scottish League Cup 2022/2023 preliminary Group Stages League then they are infact correct.