.net delusion

iantjambo

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Maloney certainly was their Cathro but the current incumbent has striking similarities to him also 🤣.

Hope fully he is their Stendel

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• martoon

• vegas-voss

• Pasquale for King

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You do realise what you have just started?  His fan club will be on to you shortly.....

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

You do realise what you have just started?  His fan club will be on to you shortly.....

😄 

He was the man at the helm when we were relegated so I really do not see how any sane person could argue other wise 😉 

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

tbh I had nothing against Stendel. I think he was appointed at the wrong time. Another day he would have been great for us imho of course.

Thing with Porteous, if he stuck to the basics then he would probably be a fairly decent defender.

However, he has a rotten attitude and thinks he’s a hell of a lot better than he actually is.

He’s being found out this season, and I absolutely love it.

2 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Thing with Porteous, if he stuck to the basics then he would probably be a fairly decent defender.

However, he has a rotten attitude and thinks he’s a hell of a lot better than he actually is.

He’s being found out this season, and I absolutely love it.

Having had a wee look at .net, it would appear that a fair number of their fans have come to the conclusion that Porteous is over hyped mince.  They may have missed the boat for getting rid of him for a good price. He’s declined the contract that he’s been offered. He’s no doubt looking to escape to pastures new at the end of this season.  He’s still mince though.

28 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Having had a wee look at .net, it would appear that a fair number of their fans have come to the conclusion that Porteous is over hyped mince.  They may have missed the boat for getting rid of him for a good price. He’s declined the contract that he’s been offered. He’s no doubt looking to escape to pastures new at the end of this season.  He’s still mince though.

What i want is for him to kb them then no one to come in for him and them need to crawl back to eachother, 9f course with easily seen through spin that he only ever wanted to stay etc. Thatd all be quite funny.

Ex member of the SaS
4 hours ago, Sooks said:

😄 

He was the man at the helm when we were relegated so I really do not see how any sane person could argue other wise 😉 

So you are blaming him for the rubbish he inherited? I also believe he was brought in at the wrong time and given his own players and a pre season then I think he would have worked. Seriously can't believe you blame him for the relegation when he was left in an almost impossible situation thanks to Levein.

1 minute ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

So you are blaming him for the rubbish he inherited? I also believe he was brought in at the wrong time and given his own players and a pre season then I think he would have worked. Seriously can't believe you blame him for the relegation when he was left in an almost impossible situation thanks to Levein.

Nope i blame them both ........................ Levein for how shit we were when he was manager and Stendel for how shit we were when he had his turn 

22 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Nope i blame them both ........................ Levein for how shit we were when he was manager and Stendel for how shit we were when he had his turn 

Thing is Stendel had his hands tied with Levein still working in the background. 

1 minute ago, Marvin said:

Thing is Stendel had his hands tied with Levein still working in the background. 

Levein was not responsible for the complete lack of any thing even close to resembling defending however 

5 hours ago, Marvin said:

5 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

I liked Stendel but coming in in December he had plenty time to solve things. He got players he wanted in January too. Hes just as culpable as anyone else for our position come March

hereford_hearts

I do love being an undercover jambo on there. 

It's nice to be a sane commenter, then put the boot in at how shite they are. 

Even started a couple of how shite are hibs posts, and they haven't yet sussed🤣

Edited by hereford_hearts

Konrad von Carstein
7 hours ago, hereford_hearts said:

I do love being an undercover jambo on there. 

It's nice to be a sane commenter, then put the boot in at how shite they are. 

Even started a couple of how shite are hibs posts, and they haven't yet sussed🤣

They probably will now :lol:

22 hours ago, Sooks said:

😄 

We were demoted not relegated

A_A wehatethehibs

Stendel I’ll always feel a bit neutral about him, and a bit sorry for him. 

Yes we were still a basket case defensively and he was the wrong appointment when we could’ve gone for more steady-the-ship type who would’ve dropped Poppadom hands day 1 and would’ve probably got us clear of trouble. 

But end of the day there were 3-4 teams on worse form than us, Stendel was denied his rightful chance of some 6 pointer games we would’ve had post split. 

Entire result of the season was fake and a disgrace.

Cairneyhill Jambo

Just had a look on their forum for a laugh and someone has mentioned that they only have 8 wins from their last 37 league games.  

Oh dear.

Edited by Cairneyhill Jambo

11 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Stendel I’ll always feel a bit neutral about him, and a bit sorry for him. 

Yes we were still a basket case defensively and he was the wrong appointment when we could’ve gone for more steady-the-ship type who would’ve dropped Poppadom hands day 1 and would’ve probably got us clear of trouble. 

But end of the day there were 3-4 teams on worse form than us, Stendel was denied his rightful chance of some 6 pointer games we would’ve had post split. 

Entire result of the season was fake and a disgrace.

Agree on the Stendel comments.

What people forget is that if we had put someone else in place and stayed up, the course of history would have been different. we could  possibly be a mid table team and not made the considerable changes and upgrades that were subsequently put in place.

Would people really have preferred that to the short painful period that we endured, for the fantastic journey we are now on.

Not me for sure.

AC Mallin_51
4 minutes ago, merrymac said:

What people forget is that if we had put someone else in place and stayed up, the course of history would have been different. we could  possibly be a mid table team and not made the considerable changes and upgrades that were subsequently put in place.

Would people really have preferred that to the short painful period that we endured, for the fantastic journey we are now on.

Not me for sure.

I think this quite a lot, as painful as it was the demotion and year in the championship has been completely worth it. This is as strong a position we’ve been in since 05/06 and this time we don’t have a maniac at the wheel

Jingle Bells
18 hours ago, Sooks said:

The one in/one out transfer policy didn't help Stendel/Club when major surgery was needed instead, imho. 

1 minute ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

I think this quite a lot, as painful as it was the demotion and year in the championship has been completely worth it. This is as strong a position we’ve been in since 05/06 and this time we don’t have a maniac at the wheel

For me the big difference is that we do not have a massive debt hanging over us like the sword of Damocles .......................... Despite the good times on the pitch under Romanov I was always totally worried about our debts 

1 minute ago, Jingle Bells said:

The one in/one out transfer policy didn't help Stendel/Club when major surgery was needed instead, imho. 

Sure but we were going ahead in games and then either drawing or losing because we just could not defend properly 

AC Mallin_51
13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

For me the big difference is that we do not have a massive debt hanging over us like the sword of Damocles .......................... Despite the good times on the pitch under Romanov I was always totally worried about our debts 

Yeah definitely, during they good times I think we all had the worry at the back of our minds that they were coming to an end in the worst possible way. It’s a credit to how the club is now, not in my lifetime have hearts been in such a fantastic position. If we can clinch 3rd again this year I think we really will be able to start creating a decent gap between us and the likes of Hibs and Aberdeen 

On 29/08/2022 at 10:24, The Old Tolbooth said:

It's like watching them going through the Vlad years......without the money, quality of players, and Scottish Cup wins, long may it continue :rofl:

My thoughts exactly 🤣🇱🇻

Percival King
25 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Not me for sure.

It's a moot point but had the staying up scenario unfolded, I wonder how the club would have voted in THE vote. Ann Budge seems a different kind of person (a better person operating to a higher standard) to those that normally own/run football clubs but, in saying that, I'm always conscious of my unconscious bias towards Hearts!

This Johnson is just great demanding extra from his groundsmen as he demands the grass cut to specific lengths and moisture 🤣 honestly you would think they were fantastic all this prep and they are utter shite.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-groundsman-reveals-lee-johnsons-grass-cutting-demands-at-easter-road-3824044

Ronald Villiers
5 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

This Johnson is just great demanding extra from his groundsmen as he demands the grass cut to specific lengths and moisture 🤣 honestly you would think they were fantastic all this prep and they are utter shite.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-groundsman-reveals-lee-johnsons-grass-cutting-demands-at-easter-road-3824044

He's just planning ahead with more excuses for when the inevitable happens.  Johnson loves to pass the blame when things aren't going well, just as he did down south.  Players not performing, not following his game plan, subs not ready to go on etc.  The groundsmen and their failure to get the grass at the right height with the right amount of moisture will be his next defence.  I wonder if he'll create an app for them!

5 hours ago, Jingle Bells said:

When he joined, I desperately wanted Stendel to be a success.

But the players he brought in, and the goalie he consistantly played made me change my mind.

Seemed a decent chap. But wrong club at the wrong time.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

There’s a general feeling of real unease amongst the Hibs guys I know. They know that Ron Gordon will not sell any of his shareholding and they are now becoming increasingly worried about what his game plan actually is. Trouble ahead for them.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
2 minutes ago, Deevers said:

There’s a general feeling of real unease amongst the Hibs guys I know. They know that Ron Gordon will not sell any of his shareholding and they are now becoming increasingly worried about what his game plan actually is. Trouble ahead for them.

With any luck he will close them down. We should buy the franchise when he does, just so there is no chance of a phoenix club.

FTH

3 minutes ago, Deevers said:

I liked this bit ......................

We don’t have debt. Our situation is broadly simple and fairly secure. The stadium is solid, owned by the club, and (for now) people turn up.

gorgie rd eh11
10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I liked this bit ......................

We don’t have debt. Our situation is broadly simple and fairly secure. The stadium is solid, owned by the club, and (for now) people turn up.

"we don't have debt". 

Where do they think the money for all the new players and stadium improvements is coming from.

Edited by gorgie rd eh11

Just now, gorgie rd eh11 said:

"we don't have debt". 

Where do they think the money for all the new players and stadium improvements are coming from.

Also does Ron not own Hibs through Bydand Sports as well the stadium and East Mains ............................ to the best of my memory Ron used his Bydand Sports company to buy the company that owned Hibs from Tom Farmer and Rod Petrie

28 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

He's just planning ahead with more excuses for when the inevitable happens.  Johnson loves to pass the blame when things aren't going well, just as he did down south.  Players not performing, not following his game plan, subs not ready to go on etc.  The groundsmen and their failure to get the grass at the right height with the right amount of moisture will be his next defence.  I wonder if he'll create an app for them!

He has got them all playing Lawn Mower simulator on the Xbox 🤣

Pasquale for King
On 29/08/2022 at 11:08, Sooks said:

Harsh. 

On 29/08/2022 at 11:19, Sooks said:

😄 

You’re not dealing with a sane person. 

Just now, MattyK82 said:

A lovely wee thread on that utter fud of a man 😍

Back to being a world beater if he signs the contract renewal though I bet ........................... as opposed to just a female beater

Pasquale for King
On 29/08/2022 at 16:07, Sooks said:

Levein was not responsible for the complete lack of any thing even close to resembling defending however 

He sssembled the squad, they couldn’t defend when he was there either. I’m not sure any manager could’ve done much better, 8th in the form table. 
Anyway we’ve discussed this dark period a lot, back to laughing at Hibs. Look at this from a thread on Jack Dross being sacked. 

5947ED43-0A2F-41A8-AD57-A262D7224598.jpeg

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

He sssembled the squad, they couldn’t defend when he was there either. I’m not sure any manager could’ve done much better, 8th in the form table. 
Anyway we’ve discussed this dark period a lot, back to laughing at Hibs. Look at this from a thread on Jack Dross being sacked. 

5947ED43-0A2F-41A8-AD57-A262D7224598.jpeg

Sort of stupid mad cap shit they would do over there 

Unknown user
On 29/08/2022 at 10:14, Sooks said:

Kano on a lorry and the Proclaimers wearing campaign tee shirts imminent ............................... Grant Stott trying to calm down bam pots out the back of their crappy stadium 

In fact, it's so crappy, that was the front of their crappy stadium

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

In fact, it's so crappy, that was the front of their crappy stadium

Never easy to tell with that dump 

gorgie rd eh11
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Also does Ron not own Hibs through Bydand Sports as well the stadium and East Mains ............................ to the best of my memory Ron used his Bydand Sports company to buy the company that owned Hibs from Tom Farmer and Rod Petrie

Yeah, the last time they were "debt free" they came to an arrangement to write off their debt with the bank. They have got so used to ignoring their own finances and spouting off about ours that they don't seem capable off seeing what's happening. Barry.

4 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Yeah, the last time they were "debt free" they came to an arrangement to write off their debt with the bank. They have got so used to ignoring their own finances and spouting off about ours that they don't seem capable off seeing what's happening. Barry.

That is what I thought I think they no longer owe any think to the bank because Ron took on their debt instead ………….. I could be wrong but I think he bought the company that owns Hibs and their properties and inherited the mortgage from that