Yet another school shooting in America

chubby1973

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

If that's a real statement from them, it's utterly bizarre.

It is and I would use the word offensive more than " bizarre" 

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• JudyJudyJudy

• Jambo-Jimbo

• trotter

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, New Town Loafer said:

What this should do (but won't) is highlight the fact that the Trans community all has one thing in common - mental illness. Have seen some of the more extreme ones on Twitter raging at the fact the shooter has been 'misgendered'. never mind the dead children, eh?

It is imperative that virtue-signalling, liberal idiots desist in their cavalier attitude to this gender identity nonsense and recognise the real harm it is afflicting. 

And the prize for most ignorant post on the thread goes to .......... you.

The Hogfather
1 hour ago, New Town Loafer said:

What this should do (but won't) is highlight the fact that the Trans community all has one thing in common - mental illness. Have seen some of the more extreme ones on Twitter raging at the fact the shooter has been 'misgendered'. never mind the dead children, eh?

It is imperative that virtue-signalling, liberal idiots desist in their cavalier attitude to this gender identity nonsense and recognise the real harm it is afflicting. 

Get yourself to **** here. Three children have died and you’re using it as a vehicle to push and agenda. Get a grip of yourself. 

John Findlay
Just now, The Hogfather said:

Get yourself to **** here. Three children have died and you’re using it as a vehicle to push and agenda. Get a grip of yourself. 

The Transgender community aren't?

The Hogfather
3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

The Transgender community aren't?

Can you show me evidence on this thread of this happening?

25 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

85053A38-DF3C-4B0E-BBCC-A6A46CEB03C8.jpeg

Is that her/him? Has that been proven, or are you now just taking selective outlets to make your point? I don't know one way or the other. But it seems you are now doing exactly the same thing that you told me I was doing earlier. 

Generic Username
1 minute ago, trotter said:

Is that her/him? Has that been proven, or are you now just taking selective outlets to make your point? I don't know one way or the other. But it seems you are now doing exactly the same thing that you told me I was doing earlier. 

It's quickly been confirmed as not being the person responsible for the shooting;

https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1640571071249395713?t=sWDFdNmhJP6qIwrSCtIRZQ&s=19

8 minutes ago, Generic Username said:

It's quickly been confirmed as not being the person responsible for the shooting;

https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1640571071249395713?t=sWDFdNmhJP6qIwrSCtIRZQ&s=19

If true, I won't hold my breath for a retraction from Triple J. They've nailed their colours to the mast on this thread. 🤦‍♂️

Edited by trotter

1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

oh i wouldn't be too sure of that. who knows. Everyone has an agenda on twitter. 

And also elsewhere it seems

35 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

85053A38-DF3C-4B0E-BBCC-A6A46CEB03C8.jpeg

It really reads to me that its now time to take these threats seriously. I'm talking about charges for placards that espouse hate or violence 'kill all terfs' and so forth. 

What started as some middleclass kids being edgy, has now cost people their lives. Very clear that action needs to be taken. 

3 minutes ago, OTT said:

It really reads to me that its now time to take these threats seriously. I'm talking about charges for placards that espouse hate or violence 'kill all terfs' and so forth. 

What started as some middleclass kids being edgy, has now cost people their lives. Very clear that action needs to be taken. 

That picture is not the shooter apparently. As with everything else that is stated as fact by the poster who put it up it usually falls down after a quick check.

Apart from that, I agree with your post.

Edited by graygo

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, trotter said:

If true, I won't hold my breath for a retraction from Triple J. They've nailed their colours to the mast on this thread. 🤦‍♂️

There will be no retraction from me 

New Town Loafer
21 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

People are pumping children full of drugs and encouraging them they are in the wrong body. They are also encouraging them to mutilate their bodies. Is it any wonder there are angry trans people around willing to murder? This isn't an isolated case either.

Why do you think there are such alarmingly high rates of depression, anxiety and suicide among trans people? Hint - it isn't because of a fictional trans genocide or war on trans people.

2 hours ago, trotter said:

The problem with America is...well, it's America itself to be honest. 

I have mates here that have enough weaponry to occupy a small city. Up to and including Barrett Lite .50 sniper rifles. None of them are nutjobs, their hobby just happens to be shooting guns. I've got a SigSauer P229 pistol, and a Beretta 1701 shotgun. Going out to the range is a fun way to spend an afternoon with your mates.

Where things go awry is where you have people that clearly should have no ability to get their hands on one, but the sheer number in circulation means that you can't stop that. 

There is no answer to stop school shootings from a legislative point of view. You can only try to physically prevent it, which in effect means turning schools into prisons. Armed guards, metal detectors, access control. And that is a troubling thought 

Previous shootings the Pro Gun lobby has said schools should keep their doors locked. Well that didn't work here. 

They also want teachers armed so not sure if that is confirmed here. But certainly greater security at all schools would be possible if the Pro Gun lobby funded it. 

Geddyalexneil

I notice some hate already here to those who are trans. Those folks who are looking for things to attack that small group, saying things like they all have "mental illness". 

I remember a good number of years ago when other incidents occured when kids who were metal music fans and the metal scene got a kicking in the media, though we had never had the hate that the trans community already have had. 

I also remember the goth and alternative community got a pounding for Columbine.

Bands such as Judas Priest and later Marilyn Manson were blamed for those deaths. People had to be "sick" to listen to these types of bands and artists. Sadly there are folks who have mental health issues in ALL groups of society. With the amount of guns in American society it is no surprise these sorts of tragedies happen. Neither the metal or trans community are all suffering "mental illness" and to suggest that shows utter ignorance.

It was nonsense then and it is now. 

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, OTT said:

Yes completely agree. The violence from men against women is now reaching epidemic proportions. Words harm. Then turn to violence. Just look what happened in New Zealand at the weekend when women tried to speak. Its all connected. 

3 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

oh i wouldn't be too sure of that. who knows. Everyone has an agenda on twitter. 

I provided three separate links to MSM on the subject at hand that you said was being hidden by the MSM.

Somebody else then provides another which (potentially, not actually) shows that you are wrong again. Then you double down. 

I am happy to debate/argue all day long. But I'm not going to do it with someone who has made it clear they have no idea how real life works

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, New Town Loafer said:

People are pumping children full of drugs and encouraging them they are in the wrong body. They are also encouraging them to mutilate their bodies. Is it any wonder there are angry trans people around willing to murder? This isn't an isolated case either.

Why do you think there are such alarmingly high rates of depression, anxiety and suicide among trans people? Hint - it isn't because of a fictional trans genocide or war on trans people.

👍

Generic Username
10 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Confirmation of where and when the original image was taken - Oklahoma.

The initial Twitter account you've shared is a full blown Qanon account so I think it's clear to decipher the agenda for that particular account. 

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, trotter said:

I provided three separate links to MSM on the subject at hand that you said was being hidden by the MSM.

Somebody else then provides another which (potentially, not actually) shows that you are wrong again. Then you double down. 

I am happy to debate/argue all day long. But I'm not going to do it with someone who has made it clear they have no idea how real life works

I have said that it is hard to decipher what is truth and fiction sometimes on twitter. Both sides do it. Its that simple. What is true is that a trans identified person shot dead 6 people. Im not that confident that the real truth will come out in the wash. 

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Generic Username said:

The initial Twitter account you've shared is a full blown Qanon account so I think it's clear to decipher the agenda for that particular account. 

and of course trans militant accounts don't have an agenda ? seriously. 

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Previous shootings the Pro Gun lobby has said schools should keep their doors locked. Well that didn't work here. 

They also want teachers armed so not sure if that is confirmed here. But certainly greater security at all schools would be possible if the Pro Gun lobby funded it. 

"Arm the teachers!"

Then, when one of them goes tonto, "Arm the jannies!"

Where does it stop?

4 minutes ago, New Town Loafer said:

I did right a reply to this. But deleted most of it because of ban. So I'll just say this. 'xxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxx'

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Smithee said:

"Arm the teachers!"

Where does it stop?

a janny with a gun ? ,..jesus ...it would be a blood bath 

John Findlay
5 minutes ago, Generic Username said:

Is it JFK-1?

2 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I have said that it is hard to decipher what is truth and fiction sometimes on twitter. Both sides do it. Its that simple. What is true is that a trans identified person shot dead 6 people. Im not that confident that the real truth will come out in the wash. 

No, you said that main media wasn't reporting it. I showed you that it did. There was nothing about Twitter mentioned

Generic Username
Just now, JudyJudyJudy said:

and of course trans militant accounts don't have an agenda ? seriously. 

I just need to try & keep you on point here if possible. You've shared a link to a Tweet by an account suggesting that the "Trans Rights Or Else" image is that of the shooter involved in this particular tragedy.

You've then been given two separate confirmations that it is not the shooter, per the account you initially shared on the thread. 

I have no idea where I, or anyone else, has suggested trans militant accounts have/don't have an agenda and I'm unsure which of the accounts I've shared links to which disprove the tweet you've shared are trans militant accounts?

8 minutes ago, trotter said:

The Twitter account (@chicago_patriots) that originally posted the image have posted since that the picture is fake.

The Hogfather
12 minutes ago, New Town Loafer said:

This is absolutely not the time or the place to have the discussion you’re clearly desperate to have. Take it somewhere else. 

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

The Twitter account (@chicago_patriots) that originally posted the image have posted since that the picture is fake.

Got that earlier. Worrying that some people use an unverified picture to legitimize their point of view. Not just on here. That picture will go around the world

3 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

This is absolutely not the time or the place to have the discussion you’re clearly desperate to have. Take it somewhere else. 

Absolutely. @davemclaren things have got a bit heated (me included), maybe lock this for a few hours and let everyone calm down? 

26 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

19 minutes ago, Smithee said:

"Arm the teachers!"

Where does it stop?

Meanwhile, we’ll keep arming lunatics. You couldn’t make it up.

And so the mouth breathers yet again deflect the issue onto the identity of the shooter, or blame mental health.

Ignoring the fact that guns are the problem here.

John Findlay
1 minute ago, Cade said:

And so the mouth breathers yet again deflect the issue onto the identity of the shooter, or blame mental health.

Only when in the hands of human beings.

4 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Only when in the hands of human beings.

The very species that they were made for.

John Findlay
3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

The very species that they were made for.

Correct.

I don't think an assault rifle woke up one morning and thought to itself.

You know what my life is shit at the moment. I'm being bullied at the rifle range. My dad the M60 is a jerk. My mom the RPG never listens to me.

I can't decide whether I'm a AK47 or a SA80. I think I will go down the block to the elementary school and take out a gym full of kids and their teachers.

It won't sort out my perceived life problems, but it sure as hell will make me feel better for say 5 minutes, plus I will make the news headlines for a day.

JudyJudyJudy
19 minutes ago, Cade said:

I would argue that mental health issues are a major contributory factor to ALL shooters. Having easy access to guns doesn't help either. Was this person mentally ill ? Yes. What caused the mental health issues ? The jury is still out on this. They weren't a daft teenager with a under developed brain. 

Currently back in the US. Almost like clockwork, a few days into a trip to see my wife’s family when I’m enjoying the weather, lifestyle etc wondering if we should move back a school shooting then happens to remind exactly why we left the place.

Depressing.

Thoughts and prayers etc..

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Currently back in the US. Almost like clockwork, a few days into a trip to see my wife’s family when I’m enjoying the weather, lifestyle etc wondering if we should move back a school shooting then happens to remind exactly why we left the place.

Depressing.

When we lived in the USA we didn't have any guns in the house. Some of our friends were horrified we didn't.

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Depressing.

That old codger Biden is on about " looking at changes to laws regarding gun control" aye right 

8 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

That old codger Biden is on about " looking at changes to laws regarding gun control" aye right 

The NRA will be straight on the blower. “Naw, Joe…Ye urnae!”

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

The NRA will be straight on the blower. “Naw, Joe…Ye urnae!”

and he will do didly squat. That is what is so depressing about the whole issue. Its never going to change. 

New Town Loafer

Too many guns in circulation in the country to just ban them. Very strong checks are required.

37 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Not gonny happen. The NRA have way to much influence/ power ect , the usual platitudes will be wheeled out, and on we go. USA is a total feck up, the 2nd amendment is archaic but it will never change IMO, kids/ people will keep on being murdered and nothing will happen. Really sad all the way round.

Edited by micole

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, micole said:

Not gonny happen. The NRA have way to much influence/ power ect , the usual platitudes will be wheeled out, and on we go. USA is a total feck up, the 3rd amendment is archaic but it will never change IMO, kids/ people will keep on being murdered and nothing will happen. Really sad all the way round.

Yep  " the right to bear arms" trumps everything it seems