Yet another school shooting in America

chubby1973

John Findlay
10 hours ago, milky_26 said:

i've just read on the bbc that the gun the killer used will be auctioned off to the public.

It should be destroyed.

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• JudyJudyJudy

• Jambo-Jimbo

• trotter

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Saw a Tweet saying the state of Montana has just banned TikTok for all devices but AR-15s, which have been used in some of the worst mass shootings in American history, are still readily available.

I don't get it. What could possibly make you shoot dead anyone. Christ, I don't think I could kill my worst enemy, if I had one. 

Pride? Jealousy? Greed? Evil? I don't get it.

Edited by ri Alban

Day@theraces
56 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I don't get it. What could possibly make you shoot dead anyone. Christ, I don't think I could kill my worst enemy, if I had one. 

Schizophrenia or another mental illness

32 minutes ago, Day@theraces said:

Yeah, but only if your Caucasian. 

Malinga the Swinga
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Lack of education, lack of intelligence and lack of intellectual maturity.

Add these to a total disregard for other people's lives.

Not the best combination.

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

2 hours ago, Day@theraces said:

The 2nd amendment push is a mental illness. The governor of Alabama, described as big supporter of the 2nd amendment, just recently signed a bill alloing anybody to carry a concealed weapon without a permit. What could go wrong?

39 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

The 2nd amendment push is a mental illness. The governor of Alabama, described as big supporter of the 2nd amendment, just recently signed a bill allowing anybody to carry a concealed weapon without a permit. What could go wrong?

20230416_214856.jpg

29 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

20230416_214856.jpg

‘God Given’ - bloody lunatic nation.

it’s a ****ing amendment which was not added by God and rather suggests, by its very existence, that the constitution was never meant to be immutable. 🙄

6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

You advocated violence .

Hunt the brits.

Plenty other stuff.

So what possible reason do you have for that?

Other than being a fekin idiot.

I have seen nothing so far suggesting what type of weapons were involved. But I'm thinking 4 dead 28 injured, sounds like their beloved assault rifles.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-65299127

not a school shooting but a 16 year old black male knocked on the wrong door to oick up his younger brother, the correctr address was 115th terrace, he ended up on 115th street. The homeowner opened the door shot him in the head and shot him again when he fell to the ground. the victim managed to get to a neighbouring house but is in critical condition

ArcticJambo

Shooter(s) probably known to most of victims' families, possibly trying to ensure the place doesn't kick-off, etc.

5 hours ago, milky_26 said:

not a school shooting but a 16 year old black male knocked on the wrong door to oick up his younger brother, the correctr address was 115th terrace, he ended up on 115th street. The homeowner opened the door shot him in the head and shot him again when he fell to the ground. the victim managed to get to a neighbouring house but is in critical condition

That's particularly bad. He shot the boy twice through a door. All the boy had done was ring the doorbell. Is that a crime justifying shooting him, through a door?

It must be because the psycho hasn't been arrested.

Unknown user
7 hours ago, milky_26 said:

The kid's been released from hospital and is now at home, recovering 👍 

The shooter was white, 85, and they're saying there was a "racial component"

15 minutes ago, Smithee said:

The shooter was white, 85, and they're saying there was a "racial component"

A young black boy had the audacity to knock on the door. Took 4 days to arrest him. 

14 hours ago, milky_26 said:

Just read a story about a 65 year old man opening fire and killing a 20 year old woman in upstate New York. 
The reason…She accidentally pulled her car into his driveway.

That country is ******* mental.

1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

Just read a story about a 65 year old man opening fire and killing a 20 year old woman in upstate New York. 
The reason…She accidentally pulled her car into his driveway.

That country is ******* mental.

The estimated number of firearm deaths, not including suicides, in 2022 is 20,138 which is 55 a day.

Statistics show that states with stand your ground laws have seen a rise in homicides by 10% or higher.

The only thing surprising me about that is I would have guessed higher than 10%. I have met some real wackos carrying guns everywhere they go, some of them are true psycho wacko, and dream of being provided an excuse to shoot somebody.

Psychos like this one, and he wasn't even in a stand your ground state when he killed two teenagers, lured them to kill them. He tape recorded the whole thing, audio the cops later used to nail him.

After killing them he waited a whole day to call the cops to report he had killed intruders, because the day he killed them was a holiday and he said he didn't want to disturb anybody's holiday.

Two dead teenagers in the garage, no big deal, it can wait a day.

21 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Still some oddities about this. Not even mentioning weapon type.

"No information was given about a motive or the type of firearm used"

Also the use of the singular in reference to the weapon. 

9 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Still some oddities about this. Not even mentioning weapon type.

"No information was given about a motive or the type of firearm used"

From the latest BBC article on it

Officials previously said they had recovered shell casings used in handguns at the crime scene, noting that there was no evidence a high-powered rifle had been used.

16 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

From the latest BBC article on it

Officials previously said they had recovered shell casings used in handguns at the crime scene, noting that there was no evidence a high-powered rifle had been used.

Makes sense I suppose, what was it over 30 people in total hit? And I think there were only about 50 or so in there. They must have fired a lot of shots. But a hit from those rifles is another world, a shot from a handgun may pass through say an organ but not necessarily be fatal.

Apparently the energy in one of those rifle bullets if it took the exact same track through an organ will most certainly be fatal. The organ simply sort of explodes the bullet has so much energy. With that in mind I think there would be a lot more dead if they had come packing AR-A15's  or even just one.

One of the school shootings where a rifle was used, a 6 year old was completely decapitated by a shot.

There aren't enough facepalms in the world for some of this insanity.

Six-year-old shot after basketball rolls into North Carolina man's yard

Police in North Carolina are searching for a man accused of shooting a six-year-old girl and her father after their basketball rolled into the suspect's yard.

Two other victims, a woman and a man, were also injured.

Police said the suspect, 24-year-old Robert Louis Singletary, remains at large.

Full article

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65325867

Americans bought almost 60 million guns during the pandemic

One-fifth of U.S. households purchased guns during the pandemic, a national arming that exposed more than 15 million Americans to firearms in the home for the first time, academic studies show. 

Full article

https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/3960527-americans-bought-almost-60-million-guns-during-the-pandemic/

I think we're at the point where we should just pop a big glass dome over the whole country and let them get on with it in relative peace and safety.

Nothing is ever going to change, and the number of guns is just ****ing ludicrous.  They've got themselves into a situation where there is absolutely no getting rid of it.  It will just continue to get worse.

On 20/04/2023 at 08:07, JFK-1 said:

Makes sense I suppose, what was it over 30 people in total hit? And I think there were only about 50 or so in there. They must have fired a lot of shots. But a hit from those rifles is another world, a shot from a handgun may pass through say an organ but not necessarily be fatal.

Apparently the energy in one of those rifle bullets if it took the exact same track through an organ will most certainly be fatal. The organ simply sort of explodes the bullet has so much energy. With that in mind I think there would be a lot more dead if they had come packing AR-A15's  or even just one.

One of the school shootings where a rifle was used, a 6 year old was completely decapitated by a shot.

Doesn't have to be a high velocity rifle bullet. Pretty much any pistol round upwards of .40 calibre will do the same thing. Not from velocity, just the impact from the size of the round. 

Christ, a Desert Eagle .50 handgun round will take a limb off... 

6 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I would be willing to go around protecting US schools with an MP5, Hit me up. 

You couldn't keep hens oot a midden.

On 20/04/2023 at 07:07, JFK-1 said:

An AR 15 fires a .223 cartridge, or 5.56x45mm, you can see the damage that would be done to internal organs and tissue in this video.

The .223 is one of the most common cartridges in the UK.

On 24/04/2023 at 00:38, JFK-1 said:

Firearms have become the leading cause of death for U.S. children and teens, surpassing motor vehicle accidents, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported last year.

Nine injured in shooting at Texas high school prom party

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/nine-injured-shooting-texas-high-school-prom-party-2023-04-23/

Got to admire the variety. Not the anger though.

You would think that asking a neighbour to not fire automatic rifles in the middle of the night was a reasonable enough request.

Not so in America, it would seem. Bloody hell.

14 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Got to admire the variety. Not the anger though.

Texas again, presumably that's what they want. You never know when the government will become a tyranny. Though these wackos would actually elect a tyrant like Trump.

Greedy Jambo

It's mental how they can go around with assault rifles, and we're banned from having Air rifles. 

There's got to be a happy medium in there somewhere. 

It's horrible, but i know who's going to be able to fend off an attack from Russia or China, and it's not us. 

We're all just going to have to lock our doors and cry. 

The GOP will latch on to the deported 4 times thing, but have nothing to say about how this 4 times deported illegal alien still manages to be better armed than a Russian soldier.

Unknown user
On 29/04/2023 at 20:23, Greedy Jambo said:

It's mental how they can go around with assault rifles, and we're banned from having Air rifles. 

There's got to be a happy medium in there somewhere. 

It's horrible, but i know who's going to be able to fend off an attack from Russia or China, and it's not us. 

We're all just going to have to lock our doors and cry. 

Why a happy medium? What's unhappy about what we've got now? If you go through appropriate training and channels you can have a proper gun, that seems pretty reasonable.

On air rifles, I'm speaking as someone whose cat was killed by a shot from an air rifle when I was 7, so I'm biased on this one, but what good reason is there for unbanning them?

14 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Why a happy medium? What's unhappy about what we've got now? If you go through appropriate training and channels you can have a proper gun, that seems pretty reasonable.

On air rifles, I'm speaking as someone whose cat was killed by a shot from an air rifle when I was 7, so I'm biased on this one, but what good reason is there for unbanning them?

In case we're attacked by Russia or China apparently. Everywhere there is a proliferation of guns there are higher murder rates. I have wondered if some can count beyond 10 fingers.

Greedy Jambo
10 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

In case we're attacked by Russia or China apparently. Everywhere there is a proliferation of guns there are higher murder rates. I have wondered if some can count beyond 10 fingers.

You've got weird hands.

Greedy Jambo
11 hours ago, Smithee said:

I just don't agree with being punished for something you've not done.

I used to like shooting targets with an air gun, now I can't. 

5 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I just don't agree with being punished for something you've not done.

I used to like shooting targets with an air gun, now I can't. 

Go to range.

17 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I'm not sure I agree with that. Pretty sure the Swiss have a very high number of guns but have a fairly low murder rate.