• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• JudyJudyJudy

• Jambo-Jimbo

• trotter

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Police happy to swagger about in their swat gear collecting their pay cheques thinking they are the shit. 

As soon as something like this happens they turn into cowardly scumbags and hang about in a school corridor listening to a gunman blasting children to pieces. 

16 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

There were 19 officers in the corridor outside of the classroom.........yes, that's correct, 19 police officers waited for 45 minutes outside of the classroom and did feck all.

People will lose their jobs, some may even face criminal charges and the state will face lawsuits for hundreds of millions of dollars and rightly so, as this has been one massive police feck up. 

Serious lessons will have to be learnt here.

Jambo-Jimbo
58 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Even worse, 77 minutes FFS.

Compare the complete inaction of trained law enforcement officers to that of the woman bystander whose quick thinking and actions prevented another mass shooting, when she opened fire and killed a man with an assault rifle who had opened fire on up to 40 people at a birthday party.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-61615236

maroonlegions
10 hours ago, Sharpie said:

The police are being widely exposed as being inept, cowardly, too happy to obey a wrong order. As one police officer said going into scenarios like that is what you sign up to do when you join. Thats how I felt about the job attended calls re man armed with a knife, or some other weapon, guns were not prevalent.Its not heroics, its a case of doing what you signed up to do, just like in the military you don't join to kill, but you know when you join you might have to. I guess personality has a lot to do with it, in younger days I would rather have been injured than hid, death was not something you anticipated. I d rather just   take what was coming than know within myself I had chickened out.  Children were something that always got priority in my now long past police days, I cannot visualise going home knowing that you are alive because you were afraid to go in and help wee bairns who had committed the death sentence crime of going to school,poor wee souls, if God would send one back in exchange for me I would volunteer now. I guess as someone will point out easy to say when you are my age.

Well said. , respect.

100% correct children should always come first in any situation.

Edited by maroonlegions

3 hours ago, Shanks said:

Police happy to swagger about in their swat gear collecting their pay cheques thinking they are the shit. 

As soon as something like this happens they turn into cowardly scumbags and hang about in a school corridor listening to a gunman blasting children to pieces. 

Rather a sweeping statement to make, thousands of policemen in their service wear all the equipment you suggest without swagger and do their job bravely and successfully without any press,tv or other coverage. I done the job for thirty six years, no swagger, just answered the call, and went home to my wife and kids happy to have done my duty, just like many thousands do every day. The men who stimulated your criticism in my opinion deserve every piece of insult they receive, but the old saying don't throw the baby out with the bath water comes to mind.

As predicted, the NRA and Trump doubled down and stated that what the USA need is more guns.

They'll not be happy until every school campus resembles an army camp/ultramax prison, with barbed wire and sniper towers and machine gun nests and concrete bunkers all over the shop.

The Real Maroonblood
14 minutes ago, Cade said:

As predicted, the NRA and Trump doubled down and stated that what the USA need is more guns.

They'll not be happy until every school campus resembles an army camp/ultramax prison, with barbed wire and sniper towers and machine gun nests and concrete bunkers all over the shop.

This basket case country try and police the world.

Absolute headcases.

Jambo-Jimbo
3 hours ago, Cade said:

And if that ever happened, I can guarantee you it wouldn't stop there as the NRA would see all these $$$$$ signs, so the next would be the shopping mall, the cinema, a baseball game etc etc etc.  In Disneyland there'd be a half dozen machine gun totting guards flanking Mickey Mouse, shouting at the 4 yr olds get back behind the yellow line.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

7 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

what-you-talkin-bout-willis.jpg

Not a good moment from Obama, who is normally an excellent communicator.  One idea per tweet is one idea more than most Twitter readers can cope with, so combining two is asking for trouble.  He should have kept the two issues separate.

I P Knightley
3 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Not a good moment from Obama, who is normally an excellent communicator.  One idea per tweet is one idea more than most Twitter readers can cope with, so combining two is asking for trouble.  He should have kept the two issues separate.

Surprisingly shocking from a man who usually plays it so well. 

19 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

What did he say?

I P Knightley
2 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

What did he say?

"Don't forget George Floyd on all this hubbub" ... words to that effect. 

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Must’ve had a brain fart.

As you said he usually plays it well.

5 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Ta.

Tommy Brown
20 hours ago, Cade said:

They'll not be happy until every school campus resembles an army camp/ultramax prison, with barbed wire and sniper towers and machine gun nests and concrete bunkers all over the shop

Trump coming out with his 

"We need to arm the teachers".

Love the thought of my Atlanta schoolteacher daughter being armed at work. 

Trumpet

Watt-Zeefuik
17 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

TBH he's been off pitch since 2016. He really wants to believe the best in a country where 1/3 of the population has decided that being the worst version of themselves is the best way going forward.

He was a reasonably good President (a job that's frankly gotten too hard and fraught and powerful  for anyone to be very good at) but he needs to either learn a better response to Trumpism or sit quietly and enjoy his millions and his secret service detail.

Canada proposing a total ban on the sale of handguns. Does this mean they're all going to be at the mercy of bad guys?

Francis Albert

The USA has 120 firearms per 100 people. It will be more in places like Texas. And that is just registered guns.

In the UK it is 5.

It is too late to close the stable door.

Banning gun sales would be about as effective and probably as short lived as Prohibition.

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

The USA has 120 firearms per 100 people. It will be more in places like Texas. And that is just registered guns.

In the UK it is 5.

Banning gun sales would be about as effective and probably as short lived as Prohibition.

Those numbers are skewed by arseholes like these (just a sample from a massive thread of such images that popped up on Twitter the other day):

05-__-gabriele_galimberti-the_ameriguns.

04-__-gabriele_galimberti-the_ameriguns.

01-__-gabriele_galimberti-the_ameriguns.

edit: only after posting this did I notice the guns on the roof in the first photo. FFS!

Edited by I P Knightley

Dennis Denuto
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

In the UK it is 5.

Ban the sale of ammunition then, eventually they will run out of bullets, make the carrying of loaded guns illegal with proper penalties. 

il Duce McTarkin
9 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Those numbers are skewed by arseholes like these (just a sample from a massive thread of such images that popped up on Twitter the other day):

image.png.3ee85dcb1b498d8ad5ab7e7258096ebc.png

I P Knightley
1 minute ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

image.png.3ee85dcb1b498d8ad5ab7e7258096ebc.png

You're focusing on the wrong thing, Dirk :sweeet:

But, now you mention it...

Daisy_Dukes.jpg

John Findlay
1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

05-__-gabriele_galimberti-the_ameriguns.

01-__-gabriele_galimberti-the_ameriguns.

edit: only after posting this did I notice the guns on the roof in the first photo. FFS!

British Army are going to be well jealous of those above.

Maple Leaf
9 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Canada proposing a total ban on the sale of handguns. Does this mean they're all going to be at the mercy of bad guys?

That's just political posturing by one Party. 

The vast majority of gun deaths (there are relatively few) occur in the major cities and it's turf war between gangs, using guns smuggled in from the USA.  When we read about gang members killing each other, most people figure we should just let them get on with it.

There are,of course, occasional tragedies when an innocent is caught in the cross-fire.

highlandjambo3

Noticed the rifles on the ground shaped as a star….has to be Texas.  

Reminds me of a post I sent quite a while back after a mass shooting in Texas, the NRA had been spouting about the right to defend one’s self….blah blah bla etc so, different states have different rules regarding carrying, concealed/on show etc so, a local pizza chain (to get PR I assume) were giving away free pizza to anyone openly carrying a gun……so there was a CNN clip of this event, I shit you not, dozens of mostly fat women with kids and guns all strapped to their sides sitting in the pizza cafe stuffing themselves……it was a WT ACTUAL F moment.

Maple Leaf
2 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Noticed the rifles on the ground shaped as a star….has to be Texas.  

Reminds me of a post I sent quite a while back after a mass shooting in Texas, the NRA had been spouting about the right to defend one’s self….blah blah bla etc so, different states have different rules regarding carrying, concealed/on show etc so, a local pizza chain (to get PR I assume) were giving away free pizza to anyone openly carrying a gun……so there was a CNN clip of this event, I shit you not, dozens of mostly fat women with kids and guns all strapped to their sides sitting in the pizza cafe stuffing themselves……it was a WT ACTUAL F moment.

Americans are not only the most heavily armed people in the world, they're also the most obese.

Those "bare arms" they keep talking about are mostly fat and jiggly.  :biggrin:

Francis Albert
3 hours ago, Dennis Denuto said:

Ban the sale of ammunition then, eventually they will run out of bullets, make the carrying of loaded guns illegal with proper penalties. 

The reaction to these events is always the same. On one side ban guns or at least strictly control them. On the other we need more guns to protect us. Neither is remotely feasible as a solution or even amelioration.. 

With more guns and a lot more ammunition than there are people in the USA banning even if it could be enforced and survive the inevitable Constitutional outrage would have no real impact in my lifetime or the lifetime of most Americans. And if booze flowed freely in most of the USA during Prohibition so would guns and ammunition would be a dawdle.. 

Some local state action is possible. Have airport style security at schools and college campuses and other mass gatherings for example. It won't fly in Texas but could in most other States.

Moral outrage is certainly not working. 

John Findlay
46 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

The reaction to these events is always the same. On one side ban guns or at least strictly control them. On the other we need more guns to protect us. Neither is remotely feasible as a solution or even amelioration.. 

With more guns and a lot more ammunition than there are people in the USA banning even if it could be enforced and survive the inevitable Constitutional outrage would have no real impact in my lifetime or the lifetime of most Americans. And if booze flowed freely in most of the USA during Prohibition so would guns and ammunition would be a dawdle.. 

Some local state action is possible. Have airport style security at schools and college campuses and other mass gatherings for example. It won't fly in Texas but could in most other States.

Moral outrage is certainly not working. 

They can still tighten gun control nationwide. They can make it more difficult for 18 year olds to purchase.

Ban the sale of guns in the likes of Walmart, Kruger's etc. They could have special licensed gun shops only.

They really have as a nation to try.

2 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

That's just political posturing by one Party. 

The vast majority of gun deaths (there are relatively few) occur in the major cities and it's turf war between gangs, using guns smuggled in from the USA.  When we read about gang members killing each other, most people figure we should just let them get on with it.

There are,of course, occasional tragedies when an innocent is caught in the cross-fire.

I read something that the gang deaths are highest where Police corruption is the lowest. When gangs can't get the Police to arrest their competitors they are more likely to kill them. 

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

They can still tighten gun control nationwide. They can make it more difficult for 18 year olds to purchase.

Ban the sale of guns in the likes of Walmart, Kruger's etc. They could have special licensed gun shops only.

They really have as a nation to try.

I may be wrong but those are State decisions and these controls vary from State to State. There is no majority in Congress to tighten these controls nationwide and in States like Texas there is no appetite to do so.

Jambo-Jimbo

If the Americans want to have their love affair with guns, then they can still do so with handguns, shotguns & hunting rifles, but who the feck needs an assault rifle, only the police & military should be allowed assault weapons.

I can't see any reasons why joe public need such weapons.

John Findlay
27 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I may be wrong but those are State decisions and these controls vary from State to State. There is no majority in Congress to tighten these controls nationwide and in States like Texas there is no appetite to do so.

Then it's time to make them have an appetite.

Francis Albert
35 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Then it's time to make them have an appetite.

Easier said  than done. Have you been to Texas?

Edited by Francis Albert

John Findlay
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Easier said  done. Have you been to Texas?

USA yes, Texas no, but Alabama and Mississippi visited as well as Virginia and West Virginia, and Washington DC.

Nookie Bear
10 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

In the UK it is 5.

Either I can’t count or you’re saying 5 in every 100 UK citizens has a firearm?

1 in 20? Call me naive but that can’t be right. 

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

what you are not accounting for is those individuals with multiple guns. i.e. as you say 5 guns out of 100 people, but that could mean 1 individual out of those 100 has all those 5 guns

I P Knightley
11 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

what you are not accounting for is those individuals with multiple guns. i.e. as you say 5 guns out of 100 people, but that could mean 1 individual out of those 100 has all those 5 guns

It still seems on the high side. I've got one guy in my street owns a shotgun. So out of about 70 adults, that's one gun. My Mum's street - none out of about 50. Now, I know that's not a statistically valid sample but, other than the bloke across the road and one other guy, I don't know anyone who has a gun.

5 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

It still seems on the high side. I've got one guy in my street owns a shotgun. So out of about 70 adults, that's one gun. My Mum's street - none out of about 50. Now, I know that's not a statistically valid sample but, other than the bloke across the road and one other guy, I don't know anyone who has a gun.

i agree it does seem high, i was just pointing out 5 in 100 does not necessarily mean each of those 5 having one gun

edit: the last figures i could find were around 1.9M guns registered in the UK if you assume a population of 67M that works out as just under 3 per 100 individuals

Edited by milky_26

Francis Albert
38 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I have confirmed it with more than one source. Many owners like farmers and members of rifle and gun clubs will have many more than one. The UK number is very low by international standards. And of course a small fraction of US numbers.

Nookie Bear
4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I have confirmed it with more than one source. Many owners like farmers and members of rifle and gun clubs will have many more than one. The UK number is very low by international standards. And of course a small fraction of US numbers.

Yeah I realised once I gave it some thought (after posting, naturally)

6 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

i saw something that 3% of americans own 50% of their registered guns