Yet another school shooting in America

chubby1973

chubby1973

15 dead in a primary school shooting in Texas. 18 year old suspect killed at scene. Horrific and so tragic

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• JudyJudyJudy

• Jambo-Jimbo

• trotter

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dagger Is Back

14 primary school children and a teacher. 

FFS 

What a senseless waste of human life 

Kalamazoo Jambo

I’m so sad and angry and tired right now.

RIP to all whose lives were cut so unnecessarily short.

As a regular viewer of Fox News to see what they are saying is all Bidens fault as opposed to the Law and Order Presidency of Trump I cannot help but feel that their opinions although possibly totally by accident are in some ways a source of encouragement for the demented.Some staff constantly go on about the lawlessness of society in todays Biden world. Catch and release of suspects, minimal sentences for crimes, advice to judges to avoid certain actions,reduction of police services, reduction of policing budgets although not a go out and do it instruction, could lead the mentally disoriented to go out and think that there will be no consequences for what they see as a justified action. What is it three such shootings in a very short time, something is encouraging this, I have my strong thoughts and opinions on just what the problem is. Sometimes the less direct instructions or advice are, the more succint they seem to be to weaker mentalities, with a brain that is confused with right and wrong, and having no understanding of the emotional and distressing results to the mothers, fathers and siblings of the fallen, and the psychological damage to teachers and others.

Der Kaiser

And it will be the Same old story.

Horrific loss of life.

Nothing will change.

I just cant comprehend there are parents right now who sent their wee kids off to school and won't see them again because of some sick ****.

Just heartbreaking. 

17 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

And it will be the Same old story.

Horrific loss of life.

Nothing will change.

I just cant comprehend there are parents right now who sent their wee kids off to school and won't see them again because of some sick ****.

Just heartbreaking. 

I just watched some c overage of this on TV. The most tragic thing was to see mothers, all young women running as fast as they can to the school because they hear about what was happening, can you even imagine the trauma suffered by these poor women especially if a child victim was theirs, but even the emotion of finding your child safe had to be traumatic. How do you ever send your child to school again. The kids were at a school for, 7,8,and 9 year olds.I who thinks he has seen everything have a lump in my throat,I ponder my own sadness over my aged wife dying, and my in her forties daughter dying, but I just cannot comprehend and I could weep for the poor souls who are living with this terrible terrible crime tonight.

The US is such a broken country. It needs to be burned down and re-built from the ground up. 

Edited by Norm

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Sharpie said:

As a regular viewer of Fox News to see what they are saying is all Bidens fault as opposed to the Law and Order Presidency of Trump I cannot help but feel that their opinions although possibly totally by accident are in some ways a source of encouragement for the demented.Some staff constantly go on about the lawlessness of society in todays Biden world. Catch and release of suspects, minimal sentences for crimes, advice to judges to avoid certain actions,reduction of police services, reduction of policing budgets although not a go out and do it instruction, could lead the mentally disoriented to go out and think that there will be no consequences for what they see as a justified action. What is it three such shootings in a very short time, something is encouraging this, I have my strong thoughts and opinions on just what the problem is. Sometimes the less direct instructions or advice are, the more succint they seem to be to weaker mentalities, with a brain that is confused with right and wrong, and having no understanding of the emotional and distressing results to the mothers, fathers and siblings of the fallen, and the psychological damage to teachers and others.

I really don't think the perpetrators of these atrocities weigh up the current state of police funding etc. before heading out on a rampage. 

A silicon chip inside their head gets switched to overload. Have gun, will travel. 

This has happened in a state which has gone out of its way to preserve the sanctity of life by criminalising abortion, regardless of the reason. It won't take a single damned step towards gun control, though. "If we make guns illegal, folks will just find black market ways of getting them." Funny that there's no such concern about backstreet abortions.

That country is a feckin mess.

1 hour ago, Sharpie said:

Fox news is abhorrent. Imagine trying to score political points over the deaths of school children. Absolute ****s. These shootings have been going on for years under Republican and Democrat governments.

They need to address the obvious problem which is the gun laws, but they won't, and this will happen again and again.

Maple Leaf

The majority of politicians in the US have no interest in imposing gun controls.  They are more interested in keeping their job than taking on the NRA and the gun lobby.  It's much easier for them to shed crocodile tears and simply send "thoughts and prayers" to the bereaved.

According to CNN this is the 30th school shooting THIS YEAR, and we're only in May.

Nothing will get done.  Too many Americans love their guns. 

Are these mass shootings on the increase in recent years or are they being reported more because of social media etc?

Cue NRA nutters trotting out 'More guns means safer communities' and 'Give teachers guns'....etc. America is a shitshow of a nation with 50% of the population totally deranged (MAGA part of it). 

Nothing will be done and Trump will use this in another racist diatribe about Mexicans coming over the border. 

It's very hard to generate sympathy as it's in the hands of the public to do something about it but the politicians are complete limpdicks terrified of losing votes. 

RIP wee ones. 

J.T.F.Robertson

The second amendment. Still taken as gospel from a day when ****ing blunderbusses and flintlockswere on the go.

What a ****ing place, a fair number still taking the bible as literail, after two millenia.

The leader of the "free world" and a complete **** up.

There are idiots in every Country, mental health is an issue globally.I don't know figures but what I hear today is an eighteen year old walks in to a gun shop and buys two guns. Now I am no Rhodes Scholar, but I think if I was a salesman in a shop selling lethal firearms I would be making some enquiries with a teenager who wants two guns. Oh what the hell who cares better I get my commission on two guns than him going to another store. A short time later eighteen bairns are dead, wee bairns, no even old enough to realise what was happening to them. The solution is simple amend the firearms laws.  Just a minute in my State the NRA are big I won't get reelected if I vote for any firearms controls, better I keep my job and pension than these wee ones keeping their life. How do they shave in the morning, how do they look at the ******* they are shaving and live with it, how can they look at their own kids, how can their partner go to bed and make love to them knowing what they have failed to do that may have saved childrens lives. America the greatest country in the world, Country is a good name for it if you remove some of the letters from country and add an S its what a lot of them should be called. I was fortunate never had problems with my young kids,but delivered a few death messages where youngsters had died in the hospital or as result of an accident,was punched hard in the face by a woman in Niddrie who knew why I was at her door, and didn't want to hear the message, attended incidents where children died and watched including myself grown men, policemen, weep at the sadness of the death of a child. I am an old man now, but for some reason the importance of the very young has become more of a priority to me than before, I guess it has to do with my having eighty seven years of success, love, relationships, adventure and many other things and these wee souls will have none of those.

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, EH11_2NL said:

Cue NRA nutters trotting out 'More guns means safer communities' and 'Give teachers guns'....etc. America is a shitshow of a nation with 50% of the population totally deranged (MAGA part of it). 

Nothing will be done and Trump will use this in another racist diatribe about Mexicans coming over the border. 

It's very hard to generate sympathy as it's in the hands of the public to do something about it but the politicians are complete limpdicks terrified of losing votes. 

RIP wee ones. 

These are the people that need shot, yet another ******* in a position of power. Disgusting that this allowed to continue on and on. It makes me sick to see all these young innocents with their whole life ahead of them just wiped out needlessly. When will they ever learn😡🤬

B72AAC7C-77D0-4BA2-980A-00586B422D19.jpeg

Only a good kid with a gun can stop a bad kid with a gun. Obvious answer is don't let a kid into class if he isn't packing. And a new school uniform based around body armour.

John Findlay
5 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

I really don't think the perpetrators of these atrocities weigh up the current state of police funding etc. before heading out on a rampage. 

A silicon chip inside their head gets switched to overload. Have gun, will travel. 

This has happened in a state which has gone out of its way to preserve the sanctity of life by criminalising abortion, regardless of the reason. It won't take a single damned step towards gun control, though. "If we make guns illegal, folks will just find black market ways of getting them." Funny that there's no such concern about backstreet abortions.

That country is a feckin mess.

Nice Boomtown Rats lyric there.

USA as a nation has been broken from 1776.

I wonder if it would be a different country(as in not so violent), if the British had won the war of independence.

A nation built on the gun, a nation that lives by the gun. Where law enforcement shoot first and ask questions later. Where racial tension has existed since the first Black Africans Were shipped there over 200 years ago. They haven't successfully assassinated a president for 59 years now, so another must just be around the corner.

For all its faults, I'm glad I live in Scotland.

I was offered a job in the US a couple of years ago (was actually in Texas) but turned it down. The money was similar but I really didn't want my laddie growing up having to do active shooter drills so decided against it. I believe there was a poster here who actually left the US for similar reasons.

Senator of Connecticut Chris Murphy makes a highly emotional statement about the latest atrocity. . Sandy Hook is in Connecticut.

He says it all, all the things people here have said every time this happens. And displays an air of utter despair and helplessness as he pleads with them to do something. And we know who is making him feel so helpless.

2 hours ago, jambo89 said:

I was offered a job in the US a couple of years ago (was actually in Texas) but turned it down. The money was similar but I really didn't want my laddie growing up having to do active shooter drills so decided against it. I believe there was a poster here who actually left the US for similar reasons.

Yeah, my wife is Texan. My son was born there. We left when he was just over 1. Main reason was that we didn’t want him growing up thinking this sort of shit is just a normal part of life.

Jambos_1874
1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

Senator of Connecticut Chris Murphy makes a highly emotional statement about the latest atrocity. . Sandy Hook is in Connecticut.

He says it all, all the things people here have said every time this happens. And displays an air of utter despair and helplessness as he pleads with them to do something. And we know who is making him feel so helpless.

Very moving stuff. How can you possibly resist some form of gun control after hearing that and seeing yet another mass shooting?

Malinga the Swinga

Golden State Warriors coach used his press conference to slate senators as well.

It's not even banning guns, they won't even enforce background checks on buyers.

Just a ridiculous country. Ted Cruz has already rejected ant changes. These guys just don't care. Their power more important than lives apparently.

5 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Golden State Warriors coach used his press conference to slate senators as well.

It's not even banning guns, they won't even enforce background checks on buyers.

Just a ridiculous country. Ted Cruz has already rejected ant changes. These guys just don't care. Their power more important than lives apparently.

It’s not just about hanging on to power. Many lunatics like Cruz are in power precisely because their crazy fundamentalist beliefs reflect those of many of the electorate. 

JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, jambo89 said:

I lived in Texas a long time ago . Not for a long period of time but the person we lived with wouldn’t have a gun in the house and most of our friends over there wouldn’t either . There are some decent sensible Americans 

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Says it all about that decked up country . 

C0B70FFA-D167-411E-8E2B-F45C010096A6.jpeg

Sadly, that will appeal to the deluded more than grieving parents asking for gun control.

A ****ed up country indeed.

They will never!! learn. The "good old boys" need their guns.....😥😥, meanwhile innocent bairns are slaughtered , nothing to see here move along, it's feckin appalling....😡😡

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Peebo said:

Yeah, my wife is Texan. My son was born there. We left when he was just over 1. Main reason was that we didn’t want him growing up thinking this sort of shit is just a normal part of life.

Has your wife settled okay over here?

il Duce McTarkin
22 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

This makes me really ****ing angry.

JudyJudyJudy
20 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Sadly, that will appeal to the deluded more than grieving parents asking for gun control.

A ****ed up country indeed.

I know 

2 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

This makes me really ****ing angry.

Yep me too . They seem to care more about unborn babies / foetuses than actual  children . Sickening 

SectionDJambo
29 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I lived in Texas a long time ago . Not for a long period of time but the person we lived with wouldn’t have a gun in the house and most of our friends over there wouldn’t either . There are some decent sensible Americans 

I was on a fly drive holiday in California, Arizona and Nevada in 1983. We were put up, for a few days, by an expat Scot for whom I had taken parts over for his e type Jag. He lived in Los Angeles.

Him and his wife hardly ever locked their front door, such was their confidence in the low risk of violence in their neighbourhood. We met their next door neighbour, who was a normal chap other than his habit of sleeping with a handgun under his pillow.

2 extremes next door to each other.

hughesie27
1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

They do have background checks already don't they? 

Obviously the check is outdated the second it gets created though.

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

A return to god.....ah right so the mudering bassa can just turn around and say Jesus told me to do it, you can't judge me, God is my judge, and other pish.

Fecked up nutters such as Greene need to be put in a locked room with the parents and tell them that there is no need for gun controls and it'll be alright if we pray more.  Let's see how long she lasts.

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Sums that ****** up country in one statement.

Americans would rather believe shit like this than give up the 2nd amendment. An outdated law from a bygone era.

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

A regular reference to over here is made.

Without playing down the reforms which are clearly a good thing how many school shootings did we have in the years before Dunblane ? I’m not sure the UK is a fair comparison to American. The amount of guns in the general population over there compared to here is ridiculous. 

Edited by Dazo

Jambo-Jimbo

It is utterly unbelievable and tells you how much a fecked up country America is, when this guy on his 18th birthday walked into a gun store and bought at least 1 assault rifle, but had to wait another 3 years before he could buy a beer in a bar.

Every country in the world has people with mental health issues, every country in the world has it's share of crazies, every country in the world has people who just flip, but there is only one country in the world which has mass shootings every single day of the year.....America.

I P Knightley
2 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I was hugely impressed by Steve Kerr's controlled anger about the issue. But then out come the arsepieces like Cruz and MTG to sap away any hope that you might have that that country could take a step forward. Awful people.