• JFK-1

• JudyJudyJudy

• Jambo-Jimbo

• trotter

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

J.T.F.Robertson
9 hours ago, pablo said:

Warning. This is a very very difficult thing to watch. But everyone should try. 

That is ****ing heartbreaking.

Yet still they do nothing because their "ideals" outweigh even these, now regular, obscenities.

What a place!

Heard a bit on the radio this morning the assailant apparently had a few problems, speech impediments,shy personality, regularly picked on by other youths. no excuse, no defence,  "but", how often as kids were you and I admit to being one of the perfect so able to criticise mock and otherwise demean those who were "different". Saw it in the army, saw it in the police, and saw occasions when the worm turned, and gave as good as he got, physically,verbally, and was then treated with grudging respect. I guess this is a case of a similar victim who uses force violence and death to prove to mockers his worth. This is no defence, no justification for his actions, just what I have seen where the guilty is very much so, but there is some background where some others may do some self examination.

1 minute ago, Sharpie said:

Heard a bit on the radio this morning the assailant apparently had a few problems, speech impediments,shy personality, regularly picked on by other youths. no excuse, no defence,  "but", how often as kids were you and I admit to being one of the perfect so able to criticise mock and otherwise demean those who were "different". Saw it in the army, saw it in the police, and saw occasions when the worm turned, and gave as good as he got, physically,verbally, and was then treated with grudging respect. I guess this is a case of a similar victim who uses force violence and death to prove to mockers his worth. This is no defence, no justification for his actions, just what I have seen where the guilty is very much so, but there is some background where some others may do some self examination.

The problem is, when the worm turns, as you put it, give them such easy access to guns and this is the result. As you mention, it is a fact of life that people pick or abuse others for being different. That will never change, but perhaps you could mitagate the amount of carnage by reducing access to guns

Fine to keep their guns. Carry on with the suicides and toddlers shooting their parents.

But surely even US could ban assault rifles. 

Jeffros Furios
Just now, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Indeed he is.

Here is a video of Sky's Mark Stone interviewing Ted Cruz, look how quickly he turns when the question of gun laws comes up.

https://news.sky.com/story/texas-school-shooting-senator-ted-cruz-storms-off-over-questions-about-gun-reform-12621583

I watched that just before I posted , and he's speaking at a NRA rally on Saturday .. 

Americans with thier guns are as deranged as Islamic terrorists .

Maple Leaf
54 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Fine to keep their guns. Carry on with the suicides and toddlers shooting their parents.

But surely even US could ban assault rifles. 

Nope.  It's even legal for civilians to buy a grenade launcher.  They can be purchased for about $2,000, plus a $200 transfer tax.  Cartridges are between $5 and $10.

It's a citizen's 2nd Amendment rights, doncha know?

1 hour ago, jambo89 said:

The problem is, when the worm turns, as you put it, give them such easy access to guns and this is the result. As you mention, it is a fact of life that people pick or abuse others for being different. That will never change, but perhaps you could mitagate the amount of carnage by reducing access to guns

No argument against your points, guns in the States are a travesty. An eighteen year old buting two assault weapons over the counter boggles the mind.

I P Knightley
2 hours ago, Jeffros Furios said:

I watched that just before I posted , and he's speaking at a NRA rally on Saturday .. 

Americans with thier guns are as deranged as Islamic terrorists .

They've got Donald Trump appearing at the rally and have taken steps to ban guns from the arena. So, as someone said on Twitter, they obviously do know how to protect children!

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Husband of one of the murdered teachers has died of a heart attack its reported. 4 children.

My goodness me, that poor family.

I hope the murdering b@stard rots in Hell.

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Husband of one of the murdered teachers has died of a heart attack its reported. 4 children.

Heard that. Poor guy literally died of a broken heart 😔 

3 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Nope.  It's even legal for civilians to buy a grenade launcher.  They can be purchased for about $2,000, plus a $200 transfer tax.  Cartridges are between $5 and $10.

It's a citizen's 2nd Amendment rights, doncha know?

You can buy a military-grade Barrett Lite 50 cal. sniper rifle that can put a bullet through an engine block at a range of 2 miles for 9k last time i bothered to check...

7 minutes ago, trotter said:

You can buy a military-grade Barrett Lite 50 cal. sniper rifle that can put a bullet through an engine block at a range of 2 miles for 9k last time i bothered to check...

You can get one in the UK if you have a .50 on your firearms.

Edited by Dawnrazor

Sandy Hook was the point at which if there was going to be action taken, it would have. 

The stats are there and undeniable but American exceptionalism strikes again. 

This is going to happen again, and again. There are kids in nursery right now, that will fall victim to a school shooter. Maybe acknowledging that sounds awful, but sadly it’s true. 

Spineless weasels like Ted Cruz know this fine and well but those to ignore it and continue to take the NRA buck to fund their campaigns. 

Reports tonight that police were in attendance over an hour before taking any action, one mother went into the school on her own and got her daughter out. Boy I again look back many years to my Edinburgh Police days  guns or no guns and that a hole would have come out in a sack. Or they may have needed more than one sack for the parts.

dobmisterdobster

IMG_20220527_065617.thumb.jpg.3bb93c4fa62354bf5a7dd2cc576fd59d.jpg

I don't blame them. I would do the exact same thing. Don't care if I get fired afterwards.

I still think they handled the situation horribly though.

Edited by dobmisterdobster

Jambo-Jimbo

New details are emerging all the time, it's now been confirmed that the murderer entered the school unchallenged through an unlocked back door, and he exchanged fire with local law enforcement officers within a few minutes after the emergency call was made.  Instead of entering the school they called for back-up and waited.  It took around an hour for the Border Patrol Tactical Unit to arrive, meanwhile the gunman is going around shooting kids at his leisure. 

There is video footage of parents outside the school begging the police to go in and stop it and the police just stood there and did nothing.

So much for this mantra of having more good guys with guns.....means diddly squat if the supposed good guys stand around doing feck all.

There are so many questions surrounding this and it's starting to look like the police have not covered themselves in any glory whatsoever here.

dobmisterdobster

I do not agree with capital punishment and would never want it brought back over here. However, this is Texas and if the killer receives such a sentence then so be it.

22 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

I do not agree with capital punishment and would never want it brought back over here. However, this is Texas and if the killer receives such a sentence then so be it.

Didn't he get killed by the police?

dobmisterdobster
5 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Didn't he get killed by the police?

I remember the original police report saying he was in custody. Apparently they later clarified that he was killed on the scene.

I P Knightley
On 25/05/2022 at 09:02, Malinga the Swinga said:

Golden State Warriors coach used his press conference to slate senators as well.

It's not even banning guns, they won't even enforce background checks on buyers.

Just a ridiculous country. Ted Cruz has already rejected ant changes. These guys just don't care. Their power more important than lives apparently.

I may have mis-heard but I think that Steve Kerr's dad was shot to death in the Middle East.

I thought his press conference was powerful when I first saw it but, if anything, this revelation (to me) adds even more power. No one should have to receive such news about a loved one.

And it's largely avoidable - at least they could effing try.

There's no point even reporting these now.

Nothing will be done.

The fundamental right to carry firearms is far more important than civilian lives. That's just how it is in that backwards, fundamentalist shitehole.

And it will never change.

Maple Leaf
12 minutes ago, Cade said:

There's no point even reporting these now.

Nothing will be done.

The fundamental right to carry firearms is far more important than civilian lives. That's just how it is in that backwards, fundamentalist shitehole.

And it will never change.

Tragically, you're right.

And I think we have now gathered sufficient evidence over the last 20 years to prove, without doubt, that Republican politicians are wrong ... thoughts and prayers do not stop bullets from killing school children.

Watching the Police Chief being interviewed. When this interview is finished he should resign retire or just walk away. From what I hear the police were totally unprepared to handle this incident. Decisions had to be made, the whoever was in charge it would appear had sufficient manpower to deal with the matter. I have not seen but there may have been effort made to negotiate with the perp, it is difficult to say but the police may have abetted through incompetence in the death of these wee angels. I don't know what that department made use of, but my Canadian Department used Canadian and American sources to train and be taught how to deal with crisis management such as this. We were not unique most departments had trained personnel to handle such things, unfortunately the children in this case did not have such abilities available to them.

highlandjambo3
31 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

Watching the Police Chief being interviewed. When this interview is finished he should resign retire or just walk away. From what I hear the police were totally unprepared to handle this incident. Decisions had to be made, the whoever was in charge it would appear had sufficient manpower to deal with the matter. I have not seen but there may have been effort made to negotiate with the perp, it is difficult to say but the police may have abetted through incompetence in the death of these wee angels. I don't know what that department made use of, but my Canadian Department used Canadian and American sources to train and be taught how to deal with crisis management such as this. We were not unique most departments had trained personnel to handle such things, unfortunately the children in this case did not have such abilities available to them.

There’s a kind of “first aid” to most sort of crisis management situations to stop them growing, I know it’s easy to sit in your arm chair and bang away at a keyboard about the action (or lack of) of the police but, it’s highly likely that a “first responder” could have dealt with this much better………you knock a lit candle over and you stamp it out, you don’t need to evacuate the room and call the fire service……..I’d seriously question the motivation of the police first on the scene, two armed officers are more than capable of dealing with a lone gunman……considering he’s just ran into a school…..they should have been right in there after him as they know what’s just about to happen.

Im a bit longer in the tooth now but, during my time in the military I always always tried to instil in the people I led that doing nothing is NEVER the answer to any situation.  

I’d imagine American training and thought process is more “system” orientated I.e.  “we're going to need SWAT/the feds/negotiators” etc….there may be a considerable fear of getting it wrong………well look what doing nothing did………..unfortunately, as mentioned, nothing will change.

Edited by highlandjambo3

In my humble opinion an armed officer (however lightly) who waited outside instead of going into the school has failed in his duty to protect the school kids and the public. 

Unknown user
Just now, Imaman said:

In my humble opinion an armed officer (however lightly) who waited outside instead of going into the school has failed in his duty to protect the school kids and the public. 

Of course, but I can't help thinking that all the training in the world can't stop you shitting your pants when the bullets start flying. I can't imagine I'd be brave enough myself.

Maple Leaf
6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Of course, but I can't help thinking that all the training in the world can't stop you shitting your pants when the bullets start flying. I can't imagine I'd be brave enough myself.

I probably wouldn't be brave enough either, which is why I wouldn't take the job in the first place. But if a person takes the job .... 

25 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

There’s a kind of “first aid” to most sort of crisis management situations to stop them growing, I know it’s easy to sit in your arm chair and bang away at a keyboard about the action (or lack of) of the police but, it’s highly likely that a “first responder” could have dealt with this much better………you knock a lit candle over and you stamp it out, you don’t need to evacuate the room and call the fire service……..I’d seriously question the motivation of the police first on the scene, two armed officers are more than capable of dealing with a lone gunman……considering he’s just ran into a school…..they should have been right in there after him as they know what’s just about to happen.

Im a bit longer in the tooth now but, during my time in the military I always always tried to instil in the people I led that doing nothing is NEVER the answer to any situation.  

I’d imagine American training and thought process is more “system” orientated I.e.  “we're going to need SWAT/the feds/negotiators” etc….there may be a considerable fear of getting it wrong………well look what doing nothing did………..unfortunately, as mentioned, nothing will change.

Teenagers with assault rifles are better armed than the Police. 

Something for the Police to consider. 

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

I probably wouldn't be brave enough either, which is why I wouldn't take the job in the first place. But if a person takes the job .... 

Yeah I'm not arguing with that at all, of course it was their responsibility.

But like I say, everything changes when shit meets cloth. I'm glad it wasn't me.

highlandjambo3
12 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Teenager* with assault rifle are better armed than the Police. 

Something for the Police to consider. 

* there was only one shooter.

Protect and serve……they signed up for this.  I’m pretty sure there are more firearms carried in the rear of the vehicle….not itk.  There would have been plenty of other officers turning up sharpish as well……their lack of action is shameful.

maroonlegions
12 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

IMG_20220527_070347.thumb.jpg.651665bcb224ec5177161afe88815956.jpg

This is awful.

Food for the , mm, intellectual and educated minds.

Thing is, guns are a very big business globally and in the US,   raking  in mass profits for Gun manufacturing multinationals. Putting the cancer that is politics and a political debate aside,   WHY are  the ARMS manufacturers . US and  globally taxed at the lowest % , let's look at this from an intelligent and NON political viewpoint.

The meme below is a 100% more in the reality of  those suffering in the real world and not the manipulated and controlled  media ..

In hindsight  the US  government has  FAILED in regulating  firearms in the US. 

12719453_993553580729861_6218406275118190757_o.jpg

Edited by maroonlegions

maroonlegions

Well saying that the US gun geeks are still going ahead with their gun meetings.

Uttert fecking hillbillies with cash.#

Oh and Trump is making a show at one of their meetings. The US is fecking fugazi and insane.

Jambo-Jimbo
2 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Protect and serve……they signed up for this.  I’m pretty sure there are more firearms carried in the rear of the vehicle….not itk.  There would have been plenty of other officers turning up sharpish as well……their lack of action is shameful.

There were 19 officers in the corridor outside of the classroom.........yes, that's correct, 19 police officers waited for 45 minutes outside of the classroom and did feck all.

People will lose their jobs, some may even face criminal charges and the state will face lawsuits for hundreds of millions of dollars and rightly so, as this has been one massive police feck up. 

Serious lessons will have to be learnt here.

maroonlegions
1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

There were 19 officers in the corridor outside of the classroom.........yes, that's correct, 19 police officers waited for 45 minutes outside of the classroom and did feck all.

People will lose their jobs, some may even face criminal charges and the state will face lawsuits for hundreds of millions of dollars and rightly so, as this has been one massive police feck up. 

Sad thing is those police officers were under direct orders of some kind. 

From whom or what will never surffice. 

On 26/05/2022 at 07:23, pablo said:

Warning. This is a very very difficult thing to watch. But everyone should try. 

Heartbreaking watching that!!!!!

tears in the eyes.

some sick Basta rds out there!!!!!!!!

45 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I understand how you feel but I myself could not sit or standby and do nothing I’d need to to act to try and save these poor vulnerable lives. 

maroonlegions
2 minutes ago, Imaman said:

I understand how you feel but I myself could not sit or standby and do nothing I’d need to to act to try and save these poor vulnerable lives. 

100%.

Jambo-Jimbo
1 minute ago, maroonlegions said:

Sad thing is those police officers were under direct orders of some kind. 

From whom or what will never surffice. 

The commander on the ground made the call, or at least that's the fall guy the chief of police mentioned.

The other person who is in deep doo doo is the school security guard, seems he wasn't on campus at the time of the shooting.

Could all be a tragic coincidence, but we have a door which should have been locked but wasn't might even have been wedged open and a school security guard not at his post, and all this just happens when there's a crazed shooter walking about.  The gunman sent private facebook messages to someone, who that someone is hasn't been revealed....I've probably got my tin foil hat on here, but, you do have to wonder.

John Findlay
1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Only serious lesson the USA has to learn, is to stop any Tom, Dick, and Harry from being able to buy weapons that kill people as easily as buying a slice of Pizza.

Jeffros Furios

God ... praying ... freedom ... 2nd amendment...South Dakota governor giving us a history lesson on the founding fathers and war of Independance. . Now onto the French Revolution :cornette:

Jeffros Furios

I think I'll give South Dakota a miss ..... freedoms...rights ....woke ...Marx ..guns against covid ...

The 2nd ****ing amendment. Honestly, what a bloody joke that it's been made sacrosanct by politicians lobbied and bought-off by the NRA who are nothing more than a trade protection racket. 

It's an amendment yet those grifters like Ted Cruz act as if it was carved into stone and forever more immutable. 

The religious right gun nuts like to say that the Constitution is set in stone and can never be changed.

They say this for the 1st Amendment (free speech)

They say this for the 2nd (mah guns)

At the same time, they are on the verge of ripping up the Fourteenth when it comes to civil, racial and abortion rights.

Many of them are itching to go after the 15th (letting non-whites have the vote)

And they ignore the fact that the 21st repealed the 18th (prohibition)

And that the 17th over-wrote Article 1 of the Constitution entirely.

The police are being widely exposed as being inept, cowardly, too happy to obey a wrong order. As one police officer said going into scenarios like that is what you sign up to do when you join. Thats how I felt about the job attended calls re man armed with a knife, or some other weapon, guns were not prevalent.Its not heroics, its a case of doing what you signed up to do, just like in the military you don't join to kill, but you know when you join you might have to. I guess personality has a lot to do with it, in younger days I would rather have been injured than hid, death was not something you anticipated. I d rather just   take what was coming than know within myself I had chickened out.  Children were something that always got priority in my now long past police days, I cannot visualise going home knowing that you are alive because you were afraid to go in and help wee bairns who had committed the death sentence crime of going to school,poor wee souls, if God would send one back in exchange for me I would volunteer now. I guess as someone will point out easy to say when you are my age.