Scottish Cup Final pre match thread - SOLD OUT (updated/merged)

Swanny17

Rocky jamboa

I can see there being problems with the ticketing system on Friday. Potentially 20,000+ people logging on at 9:00am! 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• been here before

• Fozzyonthefence

• Jambo 4 Ever

Bob Loblaw
11 minutes ago, Rocky jamboa said:

I can see there being problems with the ticketing system on Friday. Potentially 20,000+ people logging on at 9:00am! 

There'll be less logging on than there was last Friday.

CloustonHMFC
7 hours ago, Rocky jamboa said:

I must say, overall the ticketing system has worked very well recently. 

August Landmesser

The SF went to general sale eventually, meaning that the final is also basically a general sale, for everyone who attended the SF (which should help to keep Huns out). 

The two-tickets for STs is a wrinkle, but I think this is intended as a reward for folk who bought STs not knowing if they could even attend games this season. Folk on 120 without an ST are very likely to have had an ST for the COVID seasons, when they spent a lot of money to see no live football at all (a blessing at some points last year!).

I can see what the club are thinking here, and ultimately everyone with an ST or over 120 points has had an opportunity for a ticket.

It's not flawless but no ticket system ever is.

maroondevo52

With Hearts tweeting demand will out-strip supply, will they put all available seats on sale at the same time or continue to sell one section after another.

John Findlay
1 minute ago, maroondevo52 said:

With Hearts tweeting demand will out-strip supply, will they put all available seats on sale at the same time or continue to sell one section after another.

They have to sell in the way they have been instructed to by the SFA.

Fire_At_The_Disco
29 minutes ago, maroondevo52 said:

It will be section by section. 

Percival King
19 hours ago, michael_bolton said:

Hearts' tweeting today outlining demand will out-strip supply.

With that in mind, the extra ticket for ST holders really is very poor.

There are all kinds of reasons people don't have STs. Many people work some weekends so only go to games when they're off or can arrange childcare etc. A lot of these people will have a good chunk of Loyalty Points but are being chucked into a lottery alongside the wives/husbands/fathers-in-law etc of season ticket holders. It's not right.

I keep reading people on this thread saying it's good that ST holders are being rewarded. That's completely wrong thinking. ST holders are rewarded by getting a seat for every game, getting LPs that give them access to high-demand aways, and getting (rightly) first dibs for semi-finals and finals. That's your reward.

Giving ST holders an extra chance to buy a ticket for someone who doesn't qualify themself is not rewarding them, it's punishing those who can't have a ST.

Lots of people will have their own sob story. But I'm extremely frustrated as a regular attender of Hearts games, someone who's bought half-season tickets in the past that I can't use to keep the club open, and a FoH contributor from Day One to be chucked into the same category as a ST-holder's boyfriend or girlfriend.

I understand Hearts' only real concern here is selling it out and making sure no Rangers fans get tickets. That's fine. But giving the ST holders their extra shot at it before catering for those below the (remarkably high for 22,000 tickets) 120 points is a completely wrong move.

I'm sure there will be ST holders reading this who are planning to buy an extra ticket for a day-tripper. Maybe your husband, uncle, gf etc. I'd urge you not to.

I think you're absolutely right. It should be for the club to determine who gets tickets, not for a season ticket to pass on a second ticket which they've been able to buy.

I have a pal who moved away from Edinburgh some years ago, he had a season ticket and used to travel to away games with us including a few in Europe, his Hearts supporters credentials are in no doubt to me and perhaps he is the sort of supporter who would make a decent case for getting my second ticket (to be clear, I'm not buying a second ticket), to me he'd be more deserving than a glory hunting daytripper, nonetheless you're right in what you say and it would seem that you and many others like you are more deserving of a ticket than my pal. 

Heartsmad1874
17 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

I'll say hello to your postie at the game on Saturday 😁

They still haven't arrived, this is now concerning since they were apparently sent out last Friday :lol: 

John Findlay
48 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

They still haven't arrived, this is now concerning since they were apparently sent out last Friday :lol: 

Are you sure you asked for them to be posted out? 

You didn't go for the collect from Tynecastle option?

PapaShango

I'm going to log in tomorrow morning and will try and buy a couple of tickets. Since I'm doing hospitality I have no issue selling these to a fellow jambo who may miss out. If anyone is looking for a ticket(s) let me know and I'll try help out. I should be able to get another 2 tickets with having a ST and being at the semi Final (also using my son's ST account). 

gnasher75

Tickets arrived!

Showed my 12 year old daughter who examined her ticket thoroughly and then asked a very astute question.

Why does it say Rangers first?

Rangers v Heart of Midlothian. 

John Blair

I’ve already emailed the ticket office about this, but does anyone know if I will be able to login on my own Hearts' account (not eligible for a ticket) but use my friend's season ticket reference by adding him to my network? He already has his own ticket purchased but isn't going to be able to login tomorrow to buy another. 

been here before
16 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Tickets arrived!

Showed my 12 year old daughter who examined her ticket thoroughly and then asked a very astute question.

Why does it say Rangers first?

Rangers v Heart of Midlothian. 

Celtic v Rangers was the first game drawn, even though they were the 2nd game played, thanks to telly footering aboutness.

Ergo the winner of the first semi final drawn is the 'home' team in the final.

1 minute ago, John Blair said:

I’ve already emailed the ticket office about this, but does anyone know if I will be able to login on my own Hearts' account (not eligible for a ticket) but use my friend's season ticket reference by adding him to my network? He already has his own ticket purchased but isn't going to be able to login tomorrow to buy another. 

Shouldn’t be an issue but I’d get lively about adding him to your network. Some people had issues adding others to their network. Club can sort it but you want it done before tomorrow. 

22 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I'm going to log in tomorrow morning and will try and buy a couple of tickets. Since I'm doing hospitality I have no issue selling these to a fellow jambo who may miss out. If anyone is looking for a ticket(s) let me know and I'll try help out. I should be able to get another 2 tickets with having a ST and being at the semi Final (also using my son's ST account). 

Maybe don’t bother and allow those who actually need to login to get one to do so. 

John Blair
4 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Shouldn’t be an issue but I’d get lively about adding him to your network. Some people had issues adding others to their network. Club can sort it but you want it done before tomorrow. 

Cheers mate. Yeh having similar issues with that so just hoping ticket office will see the message today. If not then hopefully can just get his login details. 

CloustonHMFC
13 minutes ago, John Blair said:

It should work but be sure to assign his account the ticket or it won’t let you proceed. 

The Treasurer
10 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I had to contact the TO to add someone to my network as his ref no. wasn't recognised.

They got back quickly with a different number to use and it was sorted easily, but as you say, better to do it in advance rather than wait until you try to buy tickets

John Blair
14 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

It should work but be sure to assign his account the ticket or it won’t let you proceed. 

Thanks everyone. Ticket office responded very quickly and all sorted. Now just for the nervous wait until tomorrow! 

MR INCREDIBLE
16 hours ago, Rocky jamboa said:

Spot on.

And 14,000 can get 1 ticket and the other 6,000 2 tickets.

So potentially 26,000 tickets with only about 8,000 remaining.

CARNAGE 😭😭😭

1 hour ago, gorgie rools said:

Did you go 1st class or recorded delivery?

Just normal. 🙂

CloustonHMFC
31 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

Spot on.

CARNAGE 😭😭😭

I’ll be refreshing the ticket homepage from 8am until it chucks me in a queue 😂

The Treasurer
42 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

Spot on.

CARNAGE 😭😭😭

There's no way that everyone entitled to extra tickets will be trying to buy one

jamtartan74
Just now, The Treasurer said:

There's no way that everyone entitled to extra tickets will be trying to buy one

Yip my group of 3 are entitled to buy more but we are not. 

CloustonHMFC
23 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I haven’t bought any yet but I’d be entitled to buy 4 tomorrow, I won’t be buying so many

soonbe110
36 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Ditto for 15 of us. 

The Wrinkly Ninja
42 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

There’s no way the ticket office know who of the people who already have a ticket will buy another or how many of the people who are eligible to buy their first ticket tomorrow will actually buy 2. In either case they have no idea who that second ticket is being purchased for.

This is why a loyalty points threshold and /or purchase of a semi ticket phase should have been next before anybody had the chance to purchase a second ticket.

1 hour ago, CloustonHMFC said:

I’ll be refreshing the ticket homepage from 8am until it chucks me in a queue 😂

Is that what happens create a queue before 9

michael_bolton
2 hours ago, PapaShango said:

Maybe just stay out the way instead of clogging up the system.

CloustonHMFC
14 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Is that what happens create a queue before 9

Yep, I’m not sure what time it’ll start putting you in a queue but when I logged on for semi tickets at 8.45 it put me in queue

Just now, CloustonHMFC said:

Yep, I’m not sure what time it’ll start putting you in a queue but when I logged on for semi tickets at 8.45 it put me in queue

Just now, CloustonHMFC said:

I went on for 9 and was like 550 went down pretty quick.

CloustonHMFC
3 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I went on for 9 and was like 550 went down pretty quick.

Yeah I was like 1000odd and was in not long after 9. Taking no chances tomorrow though, booked my flights already so need to make sure I can get 3 for me, my dad and my brother. Will be really frustrated if I’ve booked flights and don’t end up with a ticket lol

4 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Yeah I was like 1000odd and was in not long after 9. Taking no chances tomorrow though, booked my flights already so need to make sure I can get 3 for me, my dad and my brother. Will be really frustrated if I’ve booked flights and don’t end up with a ticket lol

Yeah man I’ll be on early doors then 😂😂 

been here before
2 hours ago, PapaShango said:

Thats a good idea that. Im going to log in and get another 2 that Im not going to need.

In a nutshell if anyone is looking for a couple of tickets because you couldnt get your hands on any as the queues were too long or they'd sold out too quickly, then give me a shout and you could maybe get the 2 you might have got if I hadnt been in the queue trying to get 2 tickets Im not needing so I can sell them to you.

1 minute ago, been here before said:

Thats a good idea that. Im going to log in and get another 2 that Im not going to need.

In a nutshell if anyone is looking for a couple of tickets because you couldnt get your hands on any as the queues were too long or they'd sold out too quickly, then give me a shout and you could maybe get the 2 you might have got if I hadnt been in the queue trying to get 2 tickets Im not needing so I can sell them to you.

😂.  

Tams bird
16 minutes ago, been here before said:

I'm going for 3 then 😬..  

Tams bird
1 hour ago, jamtartan74 said:

3 of us and we are not either...

Colin the jambo
3 hours ago, PapaShango said:

If that offer is still open I think I am just under requirement for loyalty points and looking for 2 tickets 🤪

been here before
5 minutes ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

It’s spot the hun time again 😝

2 posts, joined a couple of weeks ago, just under the limit, looking for 2 tickets...

CloustonHMFC
19 minutes ago, been here before said:

2 posts, joined a couple of weeks ago, just under the limit, looking for 2 tickets...

He must be a Jambo though, it says it right there in his name…

sprinbox98
4 hours ago, PapaShango said:

why would you not just leave the tickets for those that are entitled to buy them, that haven’t already got one? You have your tickets - just leave it at that!

michael_bolton
57 minutes ago, Colin the jambo said:

If that offer is still open I think I am just under requirement for loyalty points and looking for 2 tickets 🤪

I think you're probably just shy by about 120 points and an account.

PapaShango
1 hour ago, sprinbox98 said:

why would you not just leave the tickets for those that are entitled to buy them, that haven’t already got one? You have your tickets - just leave it at that!

I’ve got a couple of mates who now need them so I’ll be logging on in the morning to get them a ticket if I can. 

Berra than you

Anyone have a tough idea if we have sold many more than that initial 14k? Wondering how quickly that allocation will disappear tomorrow.

Jambo Forever
2 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Anyone have a tough idea if we have sold many more than that initial 14k? Wondering how quickly that allocation will disappear tomorrow.

Not as quick as some are making out. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Scottish Cup Final pre match thread - SOLD OUT (updated/merged)