Scottish Cup Final pre match thread - SOLD OUT (updated/merged)

Swanny17

Just now, soonbe110 said:

I have. I’ll take a quick look. 

It has been years since I looked at them but I'm sure there's a mention in one...but I could be talking shite 😁

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• been here before

• Fozzyonthefence

• Jambo 4 Ever

soonbe110
18 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

If anyone has this book...or the other that was released covering the 85/86 season (can't seem to find mine at moment) then I'm pretty sure it mentions in one of them about us having over 40,000 at the final.

9781851580491-uk-300.jpg

I had a quick look and it’s one of those inconclusive assertions made by Fairgrieve.  We sold 35,000 tickets but he thinks there were 40,000 Hearts fans at the game. Guess we will never know. 

been here before
22 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

If anyone has this book...or the other that was released covering the 85/86 season (can't seem to find mine at moment) then I'm pretty sure it mentions in one of them about us having over 40,000 at the final.

9781851580491-uk-300.jpg

Screenshot_20220502-200528_Gallery.thumb.jpg.b26458e7a5d45d25021423dbbead2e1d.jpg

1 minute ago, been here before said:

Screenshot_20220502-200528_Gallery.thumb.jpg.b26458e7a5d45d25021423dbbead2e1d.jpg

👍  

What's the other book from that season called again? Sure it has the Robbo celebration from Tannadice on the cover? I'll need to try and find them both as now getting worried I've somehow binned them.

soonbe110
2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

👍  

What's the other book from that season called again? Sure it has the Robbo celebration from Tannadice on the cover? I'll need to try and find them both as now getting worried I've somehow binned them.

Glorious Hearts - the story of an incredible season. 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Glorious Hearts - the story of an incredible season. 

That's it! Cheers. Always preferred that one tbh.

soonbe110
6 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

That's it! Cheers. Always preferred that one tbh.

Agreed, Fairgrieve always seemed prone to exaggeration whereas Aitken usually reported it as it was. 

The Hogfather
16 minutes ago, dc hmfc said:

Looking for help to get an adult and under 16 ticket if possible, any spare reference nos? 🙏

As long as you've made purchases from Hearts before, you'll get one in the general sale.

17 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

As long as you've made purchases from Hearts before, you'll get one in the general sale.

I just cant see there being a general sale 😢

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

9781851580491-uk-300.jpg

Sure there was at least 40k hearts support that day,    prob17/18k sheep,great hearts support though,  stood in open terrace(North stand)remember it like yesterday🙈🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇸🇨🙌🙌🙌

Tams bird
24 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Won't be a general sale.

The Hogfather
15 minutes ago, dc hmfc said:

I just cant see there being a general sale 😢

9 minutes ago, Tams bird said:

Won't be a general sale.

There'll be a general sale. There was one in 2012 and 2019.

Shanks said no
2 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Sorry mate, there is no chance of a general sale this time

The Hogfather
1 minute ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Sorry mate, there is no chance of a general sale this time

I guess we'll see. 

This thread is bizarre …

Anyone who thinks that the sheep had more that 20000 (out of 63000) in 86, or that Gretna had more than 10000 (out of 53000) in 2012, obviously wasn’t there. It’s quite clear that Hmfc can take 40000 to a cup final and despite the stink of the OF, general optimism this season means we would sell that this time too. If we had the tickets. Which we don’t 

15 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Totally different way of selling them though. With ST holders etc able to buy extras in Phase 2 I doubt there will be a general sale. If there is it will be a very small amount.

I'm hoping there will be btw for one of my lot. 😁

stuart500
7 minutes ago, dc-jambo said:

This thread is bizarre …

Anyone who thinks that the sheep had more that 20000 (out of 63000) in 86, or that Gretna had more than 10000 (out of 53000) in 2012, obviously wasn’t there. It’s quite clear that Hmfc can take 40000 to a cup final and despite the stink of the OF, general optimism this season means we would sell that this time too. If we had the tickets. Which we don’t 

Was at both games and you are spot on.

soonbe110
4 minutes ago, dc-jambo said:

This thread is bizarre …

Thing you have to remember is that for cup final day the SFA take about 10-15% of the tickets for their sponsors, VIP’s and officials of their member clubs which is a big number.  So, for example, the two clubs would have had circa 45,000 to sell between them in 2006. I think Gretna had more than 5,000 at the game. 

PapaShango
4 hours ago, JamieM said:

I tried to send you a message but it wasn’t working, I’m only eligible for 2 tickets in phase 2 but I’ve got a couple more mates who’d love to go so would really appreciate if you could help me out.

Sorry I’ve already had a PM from someone. 

fabienleclerq
51 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

No chance. There's only around 8k tickets left I reckon, be gone before Monday easy. 

15 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Thing you have to remember is that for cup final day the SFA take about 10-15% of the tickets for their sponsors, VIP’s and officials of their member clubs which is a big number.  So, for example, the two clubs would have had circa 45,000 to sell between them in 2006. I think Gretna had more than 5,000 at the game. 

Even Hibs have taken 40k fans to a LC final. 

Hearts are well capable also of the same. 

Cup finals are different and the general feel good factor around the club this season would attract all the big game only fans if the allocation wasn't capped at 22k.

Unfortunately when Hampden was renovated the thinking of the time was that the days of 100k crowds was a thing of the past. 

This match would have attracted an attendance of a much larger capacity than Hampden now has. 

7 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Even Hibs have taken 40k fans to a LC final. 

Hearts are well capable also of the same. 

Cup finals are different and the general feel good factor around the club this season would attract all the big game only fans if the allocation wasn't capped at 22k.

Unfortunately when Hampden was renovated the thinking of the time was that the days of 100k crowds was a thing of the past. 

This match would have attracted an attendance of a much larger capacity than Hampden now has. 

Too true. To be fair to the currant buns, just this once, they’d sell 80000 for it easily 

1 minute ago, john thomas said:

Thanks for that . £299 but may have no choice 

I know it is expensive. The Hearts package is £168 but sold out in no time.

john thomas
Just now, wavydavy said:

It certainly did 

Pretty certain , last cup final ,.we dithered for about a week or so before buying package .

Just now, john thomas said:

It certainly did 

Pretty certain , last cup final ,.we dithered for about a week or so before buying package .

I was quick off the mark this time and managed to get three tickets.

john thomas
2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I was quick off the mark this time and managed to get three tickets.

I certainly wasn't !

We obviously weren't as bullish last time round

CloustonHMFC
36 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

No chance. There's only around 8k tickets left I reckon, be gone before Monday easy. 

Tickets will be gone by 10.30 on Friday imo. 

Jambo-Fox
5 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

When did we last take over 40k fans to a final? 1968? 

Last time 2006 vs Gretna no argument 

Hearts allowed ST holders to buy x3 tickets based on information that the SFA would forward loads more tickets … only issue was Gretna kept selling, selling, selling ……. to Hearts fans!! So the extra allocation(s) to Hearts were not forthcoming as expected!

Regardless well over 40,000 Jambo’s!!

♥️♥️♥️♥️

4 hours ago, dc hmfc said:

Looking for help to get an adult and under 16 ticket if possible, any spare reference nos? 🙏

I have an adult and u16 available in H4 as we're now doing hospitality.

I'll let you know when the postman delivers.

Hackney Hearts
3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

What you have to remember is that the bulk of these tickets find their way to fans of the competing teams, in this case overwhelmingly Hearts. There is no way there were 7,000 neutrals at the 2006 final (more like 2 or 3 thousand maybe).

Also worth remembering that Gretna has a population of 3,000.

In any case, there were clearly more than 40,000 Hearts fans there.

MediumSlim
8 hours ago, john thomas said:

Thanks for that . £299 but may have no choice 

Damn. That's pricey, but might be the only way I get a ticket. Wouldn't be able to afford bringing the family as well though.

What's that rubbish about no team colours?

PapaShango
8 hours ago, wavydavy said:

The Hampden one is a bit different though including a free bar for 3 hours before the game and an hour after it. It’s also in the stadium rather than at a hotel in the city centre. I think the seats will also be better than the Hearts ones

MediumSlim
10 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

The Hampden one is a bit different though including a free bar for 3 hours before the game and an hour after it. It’s also in the stadium rather than at a hotel in the city centre. I think the seats will also be better than the Hearts ones

It does sound like you get a lot for your money, but does Hampden hospitality live up to it? I saw a pic online of the hospitality meal at the old firm semifinal which looked pretty poor:

Jambo Forever
10 hours ago, Nunya Business said:

Agreed, a lot of scaremongering going on. There’s plenty left for Friday based on the last update. 

34 minutes ago, Jambo Forever said:

Agreed, a lot of scaremongering going on. There’s plenty left for Friday based on the last update. 

Yeah but that's not a general sale on Friday. They will all but be sold out by Friday lunchtime. 

PapaShango
1 hour ago, MediumSlim said:

It does sound like you get a lot for your money, but does Hampden hospitality live up to it? I saw a pic online of the hospitality meal at the old firm semifinal which looked pretty poor:

I also seen this online and seen a few people saying it was fake but who knows. I would be hoping for something better than that though! 

Jambo Forever
1 hour ago, Bainy said:

Yeah but that's not a general sale on Friday. They will all but be sold out by Friday lunchtime. 

I know it’s not a general sale. But not sure why you think it will be sold out by lunchtime. That’s just total guess work and making an assumption most season ticket holders will want another ticket when in reality that won’t be the case 

Mikey1874
5 minutes ago, Jambo Forever said:

I know it’s not a general sale. But not sure why you think it will be sold out by lunchtime. That’s just total guess work and making an assumption most season ticket holders will want another ticket when in reality that won’t be the case 

10,000 tickets were sold within one hour last Friday.

With extra season ticket holders ticket plus semi final people it can easily be sold out within an hour. And its now a good system where thousands can buy at same time. 

CloustonHMFC

Flights booked, time off work sorted and now my arse will be twitching for the next three days to find out if I’ll manage to get a ticket in phase 2 😂

1874robbo
14 hours ago, dc hmfc said:

3 all time posts!! Ffs Hun all over this one 😂😂😂

fabienleclerq
51 minutes ago, Jambo Forever said:

Fag packet maths which isn't my strong point.... 

14k from phase one can buy an extra ticket. Most imo will know someone looking for one. 

Another 8k or so eligible for two tickets who attended the semi. 

That's people eligible for 30k tickets if they were available. Granted not everyone will take up the second ticket option but Id be hugely surprised if it went to general sale. 

fabienleclerq
10 hours ago, fatjambo said:

I have an adult and u16 available in H4 as we're now doing hospitality.

I'll let you know when the postman delivers.

Mate not being funny but either hand them back to hearts or make sure they are going to a Jambo you know. 

Boys coming on here with minimal posting history etc. You could be giving to a hun or someone who's attending their second game in ten years while folk on 100 points etc miss out. 

10 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Mate not being funny but either hand them back to hearts or make sure they are going to a Jambo you know. 

Boys coming on here with minimal posting history etc. You could be giving to a hun or someone who's attending their second game in ten years while folk on 100 points etc miss out. 

Cheers,I'll make sure the go to Hearts fans or hand them back to Tynecastle as I've got 3 adults and an u16 all going to hospitality.

Hackney Hearts
1 hour ago, Jambo Forever said:

It's safe to assume that as many - and probably a lot more - will want to go to the final, compared to the semi.

Given that by Friday all those who attended the semi can get a ticket, that's our allocation used up.

Obviously a few who were at the semi will not be able to make the final for personal reasons, but that'll be far outweighed by those who will want to be there because it's a final.

I don't see how it can go to a general sale this time.

luckyBatistuta
36 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

3 all time posts!! Ffs Hun all over this one 😂😂😂

Yup, they then went on to post this...

To be fair to the currant buns, just this once, they’d sell 80000 for it easily 

fabienleclerq
10 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Would Hearts give a refund if someone handed back surplus tickets ? 

Before a well known pedant comes on and tells me I should contact the club to ask for myself I don't want to waste their time with my curiosity 🙄

I would imagine so if not contact a supporters club maybe? Then you know its hearts fans getting it. 

I've got my ticket and will be trying Friday for family but folk asking on here with limited history etc seems unfair. 

1874robbo
2 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Yup, they then went on to post this...

To be fair to the currant buns, just this once, they’d sell 80000 for it easily 

Yeh and you’ve got some folk still willing to give tickets to them.

I mean ffs really.

• davemclaren changed the title to Scottish Cup Final pre match thread - SOLD OUT (updated/merged)