Scottish Cup Final pre match thread - SOLD OUT (updated/merged)

Swanny17

michael_bolton

Hearts' tweeting today outlining demand will out-strip supply.

With that in mind, the extra ticket for ST holders really is very poor.

There are all kinds of reasons people don't have STs. Many people work some weekends so only go to games when they're off or can arrange childcare etc. A lot of these people will have a good chunk of Loyalty Points but are being chucked into a lottery alongside the wives/husbands/fathers-in-law etc of season ticket holders. It's not right.

I keep reading people on this thread saying it's good that ST holders are being rewarded. That's completely wrong thinking. ST holders are rewarded by getting a seat for every game, getting LPs that give them access to high-demand aways, and getting (rightly) first dibs for semi-finals and finals. That's your reward.

Giving ST holders an extra chance to buy a ticket for someone who doesn't qualify themself is not rewarding them, it's punishing those who can't have a ST.

Lots of people will have their own sob story. But I'm extremely frustrated as a regular attender of Hearts games, someone who's bought half-season tickets in the past that I can't use to keep the club open, and a FoH contributor from Day One to be chucked into the same category as a ST-holder's boyfriend or girlfriend.

I understand Hearts' only real concern here is selling it out and making sure no Rangers fans get tickets. That's fine. But giving the ST holders their extra shot at it before catering for those below the (remarkably high for 22,000 tickets) 120 points is a completely wrong move.

I'm sure there will be ST holders reading this who are planning to buy an extra ticket for a day-tripper. Maybe your husband, uncle, gf etc. I'd urge you not to.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• been here before

• Fozzyonthefence

• Jambo 4 Ever

The Treasurer
6 minutes ago, michael_bolton said:

There are all kinds of reasons people don't have STs. Many people work some weekends so only go to games when they're off or can arrange childcare etc. A lot of these people will have a good chunk of Loyalty Points but are being chucked into a lottery alongside the wives/husbands/fathers-in-law etc of season ticket holders. It's not right.

I keep reading people on this thread saying it's good that ST holders are being rewarded. That's completely wrong thinking. ST holders are rewarded by getting a seat for every game, getting LPs that give them access to high-demand aways, and getting (rightly) first dibs for semi-finals and finals. That's your reward.

Giving ST holders an extra chance to buy a ticket for someone who doesn't qualify themself is not rewarding them, it's punishing those who can't have a ST.

Lots of people will have their own sob story. But I'm extremely frustrated as a regular attender of Hearts games, someone who's bought half-season tickets in the past that I can't use to keep the club open, and a FoH contributor from Day One to be chucked into the same category as a ST-holder's boyfriend or girlfriend.

I understand Hearts' only real concern here is selling it out and making sure no Rangers fans get tickets. That's fine. But giving the ST holders their extra shot at it before catering for those below the (remarkably high for 22,000 tickets) 120 points is a completely wrong move.

I'm sure there will be ST holders reading this who are planning to buy an extra ticket for a day-tripper. Maybe your husband, uncle, gf etc. I'd urge you not to.

Can't really argue with any of this TBH

1874robbo
5 minutes ago, michael_bolton said:

Well said mate.

Hearts in my opinion have done this all wrong 

they could have had the first phase with the season ticket holders and 120 loyalty points one ticket only and then drop it down like 100 loyalty points for a couple of days 

then 80, 60, 40 etc 

why have a loyalty point system and not use it.

9 minutes ago, michael_bolton said:

Giving season ticket holders an extra shot is probably more likely to end up with Rangers fans in our end than selling to those with a buying history. 

michael_bolton
25 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Well said mate.

Hearts in my opinion have done this all wrong 

they could have had the first phase with the season ticket holders and 120 loyalty points one ticket only and then drop it down like 100 loyalty points for a couple of days 

then 80, 60, 40 etc 

why have a loyalty point system and not use it.

Yip.

Seems pretty likely to me that we'll have the bizarre situation where some people who were at the Livi and St Mirren cup ties and who go to watch Hearts regularly won't get a ticket for the final, while there will almost certainly be people at the cup final who have barely darkened the door of Tynecastle in years, if at all.

It's completely wrong.

CloustonHMFC
38 minutes ago, michael_bolton said:

Don’t forget that semi final ticket holders can also buy 2 on Friday. Don’t get me wrong, it suits me so I can sit with my dad and brother but the 2 ticket thing is ridiculous. 

Jambo 4 Ever
57 minutes ago, michael_bolton said:

You could also argue disabled people who are bringing a carer with them as well - the carer may not even be a hearts fan yet still gets to go whereas other fans can’t get a ticket 

My point is there will always be some perceived unfairness 

1874robbo
23 minutes ago, michael_bolton said:

Yip.

Seems pretty likely to me that we'll have the bizarre situation where some people who were at the Livi and St Mirren cup ties and who go to watch Hearts regularly won't get a ticket for the final, while there will almost certainly be people at the cup final who have barely darkened the door of Tynecastle in years, if at all.

It's completely wrong.

I know of a few guys already who have had family members ask them to get them tickets who’ve never been to a hearts game!!

thankfully the guys I know aren’t doing it but there’ll be folk out there who do.

1874robbo
20 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Don’t forget that semi final ticket holders can also buy 2 on Friday. Don’t get me wrong, it suits me so I can sit with my dad and brother but the 2 ticket thing is ridiculous. 

It’s the two ticket thing that’s creating the major issue here 

1874robbo
1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

You could also argue disabled people who are bringing a carer with them as well - the carer may not even be a hearts fan yet still gets to go whereas other fans can’t get a ticket 

If that person needs a carer then fair enough I’m not against that wether they’re a hearts fan or not 

disabled fans are entitled to that it’s the 2 per person that’s the main problem 

do the maths, even with 12000 season ticket holders if they all tried to take their 2 there’s nothing enough to go around 

we have 14000 season ticket holders 

michael_bolton
11 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

That's not even remotely comparable.

14 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

not really comparable.

My main issue is that someone whose first game may well have been the semi final may well get a ticket for not only him but he can bring a pal, this may be his pals first Hearts game and he could get a ticket ahead of myself on 112 loyalty points and a FOH pledger. 

What's the points in even having a points system if you are not going to implement it?

Even the SFA can sell Scotland away tickets well and stick to the points system every time.

Everyone is on 0-33 points and it drops down a point each day or if its a tight timescale they drop it 4 times a day at 10am, 1pm, 4pm and 7pm until the tickets are sold. 

CloustonHMFC
23 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

It’s the two ticket thing that’s creating the major issue here 

For sure mate. I live abroad, didn’t go to semi because flights were too expensive for both. Bought a semi ticket for my old man on my account and my brother bought a ticket on his account. Now in my opinion we should be able to get two tickets for the final but instead, if I’m on quick enough we could get four. Like I said, works in my favour because hopefully none of us will miss out but it’s not the way it should have been done. 

1874robbo
6 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

JIH reeling them in again.

He’s not reeling me in, I don’t believe he winds up I just think he is that stupid.

John Findlay
5 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Have tickets been sent out yet? Still not received mine. 

If only there was 18 days to go to the game itself.

John Findlay
9 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

He’s not reeling me in, I don’t believe he winds up I just think he is that stupid.

Correct.

1 hour ago, 1874robbo said:

He is at it totally, it's now too obvious.

Bob Loblaw
2 hours ago, michael_bolton said:

Yip.

It's completely wrong.

I don't disagree that tickets should've been handled differently, but I do disagree that it's a "pretty likely" scenario that people went to the Livi and St Mirren ties won't be at the final. The chances that they aren't ST holders, nor at the semi and don't know anyone who's a ST holder to order for them feels like it's not a particularly likely scenario at all.

1874robbo
2 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

He is at it totally, it's now too obvious.

He’s from Lanarkshire mind 

2 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

He’s from Lanarkshire mind 

Perhaps, I myself think he is Hibs and plays it up a bit like Trigger on OFaH.

Heartsmad1874
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

I'm still waiting on Celtic away and thats on Saturday

karipidis
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Lol, wasn't complaining just wasn't sure if they had started posting them out yet. 

1874robbo
11 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Perhaps, I myself think he is Hibs and plays it up a bit like Trigger on OFaH.

Perfect comparison 😂

Jambo 4 Ever

Anyone on 115 points or more could just buy tickets for the remaining league games and then would have enough points 

Bindy Badgy
1 hour ago, Lfhearts said:

JIH reeling them in again.

Why do you say that?

:)

Fire_At_The_Disco

Hearts have made a huge mistake giving season ticket holders a 2nd chance at a ticket. Proper fans will have to fight it out to get one. Saying that my Auntie Peggy who’s never been to a game says if I can get one she will take it 😜

22 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Anyone on 115 points or more could just buy tickets for the remaining league games and then would have enough points 

Lol

adambraejambo
11 minutes ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

Hearts have made a huge mistake giving season ticket holders a 2nd chance at a ticket. Proper fans will have to fight it out to get one. Saying that my Auntie Peggy who’s never been to a game says if I can get one she will take it 😜

How old is Aunt Peggy.  You could be like 16 and she is a solid 8/10 thirty five year old. Your answer may determine her chances of getting a ticket or not. Was planning on taking my son to Hearts Hospitality but accidents do happen lol. 

fabienleclerq
26 minutes ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

Heard she's a taker. 

4 hours ago, michael_bolton said:

The vast majority of ST holders sympathise with you. 

It's been well discussed on here and if the club are paying attention they need to drop the extra ticket offer. 

Demand would still outstrip supply but at least everyone would have a better chance. 

Best of luck on Friday 👍

4 hours ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Giving season ticket holders an extra shot is probably more likely to end up with Rangers fans in our end than selling to those with a buying history. 

Why would a season ticket holder buy a ticket for a hun? I'd say this way reduces the chances of them in our end. Extra tickets will be for mates/family that don't get to so many games IMO.

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

I'm still waiting on Celtic away and thats on Saturday

Just got my sellik ticket through the post today 

Heartsmad1874
11 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Just got my sellik ticket through the post today 

Strange. Emailed the club on Monday and they replied yesterday saying it was sent out on Friday but nothing came today. Will start panicking if not arrived tomorrow. 

The Treasurer
Just now, Heartsmad1874 said:

Strange. Emailed the club on Monday and they replied yesterday saying it was sent out on Friday but nothing came today. Will start panicking if not arrived tomorrow. 

I'll say hello to your postie at the game on Saturday 😁

37 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Why would a season ticket holder buy a ticket for a hun? I'd say this way reduces the chances of them in our end. Extra tickets will be for mates/family that don't get to so many games IMO.

Most of them will but there will be a few with Rangers family/ friends. 

Selling to people who have actually been to games makes that less likely. 

JimmyCant
19 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Most of them will but there will be a few with Rangers family/ friends. 

Selling to people who have actually been to games makes that less likely. 

Hmmmm. If I had a twin brother who was a Rangers fan there is no danger I’d be getting him a ticket for the Hearts end. Just daft if you do.

FarmerTweedy
5 hours ago, michael_bolton said:

I agree. I think the second phase should have been folk who were at the semi plus anyone with around 20-40 loyalty points, depending on how many folk that would actually be, but still only one ticket per account, then next Tuesday or Wednesday if there's still any unsold tickets, allow folk to buy a second ticket. 

FarmerTweedy
2 hours ago, adambraejambo said:

How old is Aunt Peggy.  You could be like 16 and she is a solid 8/10 thirty five year old. Your answer may determine her chances of getting a ticket or not. Was planning on taking my son to Hearts Hospitality but accidents do happen lol. 

:worthless_thread:

1 hour ago, Dunks said:

And in my case for two boys who have been in the Foh from the start and up until this season due to an absolute fekup financially bought season tickets for years and during covid.

They deserve them and I'm glad to get them.

Holyrood_Hearts
5 hours ago, michael_bolton said:

The last paragraph here I completely agree with. It’s scandalous anyone getting tickets through someone else if they haven’t been near Tynecastle all season or prior.

10 minutes ago, Ked said:

And in my case for two boys who have been in the Foh from the start and up until this season due to an absolute fekup financially bought season tickets for years and during covid.

They deserve them and I'm glad to get them.

:rudiyas:

SwindonJambo
1 hour ago, cookieboy said:

:lenny:most of us are ok 😉

Indeed 👍 Can't be tarring all us Lanarkshire Jambos with the same brush. 

cookieboy
8 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Indeed 👍 Can't be tarring all us Lanarkshire Jambos with the same brush. 

:flagwave:

• davemclaren changed the title to Scottish Cup Final pre match thread - SOLD OUT (updated/merged)