Scottish Cup Final pre match thread - SOLD OUT (updated/merged)

Swanny17

10 minutes ago, Tams bird said:

2 are children. One has season ticket ,one had till last year.

Obviously that is different.

Hopefully they get sorted. Going to be a bit of a nightmare 🤯

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• been here before

• Fozzyonthefence

• Jambo 4 Ever

Fire_At_The_Disco

No need to worry about getting a ticket, we will take near on sell out crowd so everyone that wants one will get one. It would be just weird if we have more demand than we did for the semi unless ST holders swallow up tickets for randoms imho. 

fabienleclerq
10 minutes ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

No need to worry about getting a ticket, we will take near on sell out crowd so everyone that wants one will get one. It would be just weird if we have more demand than we did for the semi unless ST holders swallow up tickets for randoms imho. 

Your first sentence is contradictory. 

Also I think we will have at least 2k less tickets for the final. 

been here before
1 hour ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

Cannae believe its taken 13 pages for someone to come out with that golden cliche.

Chaka Demus & pliers
7 hours ago, Tams bird said:

Got mine as well.  Just noticed got points for using Skyline as well.. Thought it was just discount we got.

Points for using skyline?

6 minutes ago, Chaka Demus & pliers said:

Points for using skyline?

Yes, one point for dining at Skyline by showing your season ticket.

Not a one off, you can get many points as you want by going back again.

Chaka Demus & pliers
26 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

Didn't know that. Seems strange for that to be the case but not for any other spending in club shop etc. 

6 minutes ago, Chaka Demus & pliers said:

Didn't know that. Seems strange for that to be the case but not for any other spending in club shop etc. 

image.thumb.png.1f895ac977283c3fd4bb801c457bb385.png

11 hours ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

Cup finals usually have a bigger demand than semi finals. 

Everyone who wants a ticket will not get one on this occasion. 

There have been several occasions in the past when we have taken  over 40k fans to finals. This would be one of those if we were allowed imo. 

People hanging on for phase two when they are entitled to buy in phase one are risking losing out completely. 

PapaShango
On 29/04/2022 at 15:47, No Idle Talk said:

I am not sure how that would work either. But that would be fantastic. 🙂

When it gets to the next phase I'll try and get a ticket and if you send me your details I'll post it out to you. 

12 hours ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

I thought it was a point per course?

::troll:: 

No Idle Talk
2 hours ago, PapaShango said:

When it gets to the next phase I'll try and get a ticket and if you send me your details I'll post it out to you. 

Yer a legend mate. Thank you so much. 🙂

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

I thought it was a point per course?

::troll:: 

Just one loyalty point for 2 or 3 course meal. 👌

14 hours ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

I wasn't aware of that. Mr and Mrs Jalbo making our first visit soon, so that's a wee bonus.

PapaShango

I have got someone else a cup final ticket due to doing hospitality. My laddie is also doing that with me so he has a reference number on his season ticket that someone can have now if they are needing a cup final ticket. He is U16 but I think when I buy a ticket I can just choose an adult option. Happy to help any fellow jambo out that's struggling to get one. 

willie wallace

When buying a second ticket do I have to do it or do I just give my son my details and he sorts out himself.

soonbe110
9 hours ago, luckydug said:

Cup finals usually have a bigger demand than semi finals. 

Everyone who wants a ticket will not get one on this occasion. 

There have been several occasions in the past when we have taken  over 40k fans to finals. This would be one of those if we were allowed imo. 

People hanging on for phase two when they are entitled to buy in phase one are risking losing out completely. 

When did we last take over 40k fans to a final? 1968? 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

I’m guessing the Gretna game wouldn’t be far off that. 

Fxxx the SPFL
32 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I have got someone else a cup final ticket due to doing hospitality. My laddie is also doing that with me so he has a reference number on his season ticket that someone can have now if they are needing a cup final ticket. He is U16 but I think when I buy a ticket I can just choose an adult option. Happy to help any fellow jambo out that's struggling to get one. 

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

54k at the pars final if my memory is right league games were getting played that day as well

JimmyCant
8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Vs Aberdeen 1986 ?

J.T.F.Robertson
9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Aberdeen  in '86.

J.T.F.Robertson
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Vs Aberdeen 1986 ?

1 minute ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Aberdeen  in '86.

Snap!

john thomas

Apologies if asked already . Are Hearts going to offer anymore hospitality packages ?

I'm a season ticket holder but my mate doesn't (can't) attend games normally 

Did hospitality last final as was only way for him to get a ticket .

Not sure if there are any other alternatives ?

12 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Because Hampen's capacity has been 52,000 or lower since the early 1990s, nobody has been getting 40,000 allocations for cup finals since the late 80s I don't think. However, we got 35,000 tickets v Gretna in 2006 which sold pretty much right away, plus swathes of hospitality, and there were hundreds, possibly thousands, of Hearts fans in the Gretna end (I bought tickets there - Brooks Mileson himself took my call when I phoned Gretna to see if they would sell me any and he said he'd been happily selling loads of tickets to Hearts fans just to make sure they managed to shift their 11,000 tickets).

Other than that, I don't doubt Hearts would have sold well in excess of 40,000 tickets for 2012 cup final if capacity had pemitted.

34 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Apologies if asked already . Are Hearts going to offer anymore hospitality packages ?

I'm a season ticket holder but my mate doesn't (can't) attend games normally 

Did hospitality last final as was only way for him to get a ticket .

Not sure if there are any other alternatives ?

This might help.

https://tickets-hampdenpark.priava.com/event/view/683-rangers-vs-heart-of-midlothian

Edited by wavydavy

cookieboy
1 hour ago, PapaShango said:

empty your inbox please 

1 hour ago, PapaShango said:

I tried to send you a message but it wasn’t working, I’m only eligible for 2 tickets in phase 2 but I’ve got a couple more mates who’d love to go so would really appreciate if you could help me out.

Fire_At_The_Disco
12 minutes ago, JamieM said:

I tried to send you a message but it wasn’t working, I’m only eligible for 2 tickets in phase 2 but I’ve got a couple more mates who’d love to go so would really appreciate if you could help me out.

1 post 😝

1 minute ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

1 post 😝

Yeah I’m new here haha. Only discovered the website a couple weeks ago

1 hour ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Aberdeen  in '86.

Don’t think it was over.  I remember a newspaper did a football question section(possibly the Sunday Post?) and someone actually asked how many fans we had at that game as it was often talked about us having 40k there.  

The answer given was that we officially got in the region of 37,000 tickets.  It’s quite possible over 40k was there though given how different the control over tickets and stadia was back then. 🙂

coatbridgejambo
On 01/05/2022 at 12:01, luckydug said:

I would go and get your own ticket in phase one mate. 

What's worse sitting on your own or missing Hearts winning the cup? 🤔

Phase two is going to be manic. 

It's an all nighter outside the ticket office job😏

This.

I also planned on waiting for 2nd phase but bottled it out of fear of missing out completely.

20 minutes ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

Nudge-Nudge-wink-wink 😆

I’m no rangers fan if that’s what you’re thinking pal

1 hour ago, Dazo said:

I’m guessing the Gretna game wouldn’t be far off that. 

Gretna well over 40k.

Aberdeen in 86 as well as Dunfermline 1968.

Admittedly the Rangers/Celtic factor does put people off. 

Less so on this occasion I suspect. 

The non OF Finals are better as family finals even Motherwell and

St Mirren have had 30k at  SC finals as the whole town turns out. 

Scottish Cup finals are great events without the Old Firm. 

Fire_At_The_Disco
10 minutes ago, JamieM said:

I’m no rangers fan if that’s what you’re thinking pal

I’m in row 33, give me a wave 😝

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Must have been close to that V Gretna? 

Bindy Badgy
1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I ended up sitting in the Gretna end. My section must have been 50% Hearts fans.

adambraejambo
45 minutes ago, JamieM said:

You a good friend trying to secure a mate a ticket when you not guaranteed one for yourself yet.  Get 2 tickets in phase 2 then ask around if anyone has spares (there will be some there always are) 

Hoping I can get 2 from phase 2.

They need to be together because it's for myself and the boy. 

He had the time of his life at the semi so he's at me every day about final tickets 😂

soonbe110
1 hour ago, JALBO said:

Because Hampen's capacity has been 52,000 or lower since the early 1990s, nobody has been getting 40,000 allocations for cup finals since the late 80s I don't think. However, we got 35,000 tickets v Gretna in 2006 which sold pretty much right away, plus swathes of hospitality, and there were hundreds, possibly thousands, of Hearts fans in the Gretna end (I bought tickets there - Brooks Mileson himself took my call when I phoned Gretna to see if they would sell me any and he said he'd been happily selling loads of tickets to Hearts fans just to make sure they managed to shift their 11,000 tickets).

Other than that, I don't doubt Hearts would have sold well in excess of 40,000 tickets for 2012 cup final if capacity had pemitted.

That was point, pre1990 it would have to be and as others have pointed out 86 might have been more than 40k however out of a crowd of 63k removing the sfa and sponsors tickets probably means about 50-55k fans from the two clubs   Given the numbers following Aberdeen at that time I doubt we would have had 40k out of the 50-55k 

83k at hampden in 76 against Rangers at best a 50/50 split after sfa and sponsors get their share so again unlikely we had over 40k at the game  

Even my suggestion re the Pars in 68 doesn’t look likely  Crowd of 56k and given their home attendances were regularly in the 20k+ at that time I’d doubt we had 40k at the game   
My guess is last time we took 40k+ to a Scottish cup final was 1956  

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

When did we last take over 40k fans to a final? 

33 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

We must have had more then 40k for the Gtetna game,  surely 

been here before
51 minutes ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

1 post 😝

See if theres bother at the game or huns in oir support then the mods/admin of this site have to bear some responsibility for it.

Every single big game be it Hibs at Easter Road ,Semi finals or finals they allow randoms to come on looking for tickets for 'mates', 'grannies who once saw Willie Bauld waiting for a tram' or some other hard luck tale.

Not only is it somewhat iffy but it also reduces the chances of genuine fans with genuine reasons from getting their hands on tickets.

18 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

That was point, pre1990 it would have to be and as others have pointed out 86 might have been more than 40k however out of a crowd of 63k removing the sfa and sponsors tickets probably means about 50-55k fans from the two clubs   Given the numbers following Aberdeen at that time I doubt we would have had 40k out of the 50-55k 

83k at hampden in 76 against Rangers at best a 50/50 split after sfa and sponsors get their share so again unlikely we had over 40k at the game  

Even my suggestion re the Pars in 68 doesn’t look likely  Crowd of 56k and given their home attendances were regularly in the 20k+ at that time I’d doubt we had 40k at the game   
My guess is last time we took 40k+ to a Scottish cup final was 1956  

That's fair. I would probably think (unofficially) we had more than 40,000 at the Gretna game; 1986 was before this youngster's era, but I believe Hearts were credited with close to 42,000 that day. But I wasn't there, and whether Aberdeen only had 18,000 in attendance - which is what I'd also read somewhere - well, others may be better placed to vouch for or against.

soonbe110
2 minutes ago, JALBO said:

That's fair. I would probably think (unofficially) we had more than 40,000 at the Gretna game; 1986 was before this youngster's era, but I believe Hearts were credited with close to 42,000 that day. But I wasn't there, and whether Aberdeen only had 18,000 in attendance - which is what I'd also read somewhere - well, others may be better placed to vouch for or against.

I think Gretna probably passed the threshold given the number of Hearts fans in the Gretna end but that’s it I think until you get back to 1956. Not many times for sure in my 65+ years. 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

I think Gretna probably passed the threshold given the number of Hearts fans in the Gretna end but that’s it I think until you get back to 1956. Not many times for sure in my 65+ years. 

...I'm just glad I wasn't around to dot count back in '56......

If anyone has this book...or the other that was released covering the 85/86 season (can't seem to find mine at moment) then I'm pretty sure it mentions in one of them about us having over 40,000 at the final.

9781851580491-uk-300.jpg

soonbe110
26 minutes ago, JALBO said:

...I'm just glad I wasn't around to dot count back in '56......

Yes, quite a challenge back then when you think about it. 

soonbe110
16 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

If anyone has this book...or the other that was released covering the 85/86 season (can't seem to find mine at moment) then I'm pretty sure it mentions in one of them about us having over 40,000 at the final.

9781851580491-uk-300.jpg

I have. I’ll take a quick look. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Scottish Cup Final pre match thread - SOLD OUT (updated/merged)