Scottish Cup Final pre match thread - SOLD OUT (updated/merged)

Swanny17

Don't think they should be making it two per person in the second phase. There aren't enough tickets for all if they do it that way. I don't have a season ticket as I live in London (I'm planning to buy one for next season anyway) but I go to 10 or so games per season and was at the semi final. Why should I be in the same place in the queue as a mate of someone who went to the semi and might never have been to a Hearts match before?

Edited by Stanley_

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• been here before

• Fozzyonthefence

• Jambo 4 Ever

2 hours ago, Tams bird said:

I know 3 or 4 who are waiting till 2nd phase to get seats together they are using the 2 ticket rule.    

Taking a chance then 🤔

2 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I agree Boab but no doubt there will be some seeing £ signs getting second tickets and appearing on EBay, etc, some no doubt ending in Hun hands.   Not sure why we seem to have to have a different system every time we get to a final other than it’s an admission by the club that they’ve not found the fairest / best way yet.  Well, this certainly isn’t it I’m afraid. 

Second phase should have included fans with high loyalty points (as in the semi), ST holders looking for 2nd ticket should come after them. 

If I understand this right, my son who has only been to one game this season (the semi) can buy 2 tickets?  If so, that’s clearly unfair.

Got to agree with you 👍

Hopefully the club will look at this situation again. 

It's very unfair some people getting extra tickets when demand is so high that some fans lose out. 

This could be sorted easily imo, just drop the the extra ticket offer. 

Percival King
2 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

So, come phase 2, as a season ticket holder, can I buy an additional ticket for someone even though I bought mine yesterday?

Whilst no system for selling tickets  is perfect and there will always be criticism, I think Hearts have done well in recent times when allocating tickets, certainly better than our wee pals from Leith, but it doesn't seem fair that I bought my ticket yesterday but can go in during phase 2 and buy another and decide who this is for, which could be someone who has never been to a game before. Seems odd. Genuine fans whose circumstances mean they don't have a season ticket could miss out.

which is why despite having 109 loyalty points and spending hundreds on tickets this season the club wont be seeing a penny of my money for the last two home games of the season

Rocky jamboa
1 hour ago, Stanley_ said:

Don't think they should be making it two per person in the second phase. There aren't enough tickets for all if they do it that way. I don't have a season ticket as I live in London (I'm planning to buy one for next season anyway) but I go to 10 or so games per season and was at the semi final. Why should I be in the same place in the queue as a mate of someone who went to the semi and might never have been to a Hearts match before?

I agree. I lost out on a ticket for the Gretna Cup final for the same reason and I was at pretty much every game that season. My mates mum and wife got a ticket though and hadn't been to a game in their life's before! 

The second phase should have been a fairly low loyalty points threshold, maybe 20 or 30 or so, then maybe extra tickets for season ticket holders in a 3rd phase if there was still any left.

coatbridgejambo
20 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

If you're on as soon as phase 2 starts you should be OK. But I reckon phase 2 will sell out very quickly.

I'm likely to be working when 2nd phase begins so not risking it bought my ticket last night.

Just buzzing for it now

Bindy Badgy
3 hours ago, Stanley_ said:

1 hour ago, stevie7147 said:

which is why despite having 109 loyalty points and spending hundreds on tickets this season the club wont be seeing a penny of my money for the last two home games of the season

SImilar situation here. I live outside the UK so don't get to too many games but, I've still go to matches whenever I'm home. I thought my 40 LPs would easily be enough as my mate with 5 LPs got a ticket for the Celtic final. Flights home were booked before the ticketing details were announced so I may end up paying tout prices for a ticket.

2 hours ago, coatbridgejambo said:

I'm likely to be working when 2nd phase begins so not risking it bought my ticket last night.

Just buzzing for it now

Wise choice.

mulleted_jambo
7 hours ago, Newton51 said:

It’s always going to upset someone as someone who has a high loyalty number below 120 can’t go but you could also say that the semi final wasn’t sold out so people that went there shouldn’t lose out either

I agree if it was the same but just one ticket each account nobody would be complaining. 

38 minutes ago, mulleted_jambo said:

I agree if it was the same but just one ticket each account nobody would be complaining. 

Exactly. The current set up means that 22,000 fans can buy a second ticket in phase two. Makes the loyalty point system pretty much pointless when 22k fans can buy a ticket for any random person not in the system. Any non-season ticket holder with fewer than 120 points (and I'd imagine a very, very small number of non-season ticket holders have 120+) is being put in the same place as people who have never attended a match in their life.

6 hours ago, Stanley_ said:

Season ticket holders should be rewarded.

I bought mines through the covid and no one knew for sure if this season would be affected.

There's lots of FOH subscribers who may also think they should get priority.

We all have our angles on this.

I will be buying a further two.

Both are people who have supported Hearts and bought season tickets year in year out and subscribe to FOH.

Unfortunately they've had a rotten time lately and didn't purchase a season ticket this year.

I'm glad I can make sure they are going.

Anyway I bet you get your ticket buddy and if you are getting up 10 times from London you deserve one.

10 minutes ago, Stanley_ said:

Exactly. The current set up means that 22,000 fans can buy a second ticket in phase two. Makes the loyalty point system pretty much pointless when 22k fans can buy a ticket for any random person not in the system. Any non-season ticket holder with fewer than 120 points (and I'd imagine a very, very small number of non-season ticket holders have 120+) is being put in the same place as people who have never attended a match in their life.

Again you are assuming that everyone entitled to get extra tickets will give them to someone who has never attended a game.

8 doubt that's the case.

Season ticket holders should be rewarded especially given that those same people bought them during covid and the possibility that they would have not been able to use them again due to covid.

That's the bottom line.

Silvery_Moon
5 hours ago, stevie7147 said:

I really sympathise with you. 

A prime example of someone who should be prioritised ahead of someone who went to the semi final.

Hearts definitely need to review this method. 

Do you know anyone who is entitled to a second ticket in phase 2 that could help?

Just a suggestion …

Folks that pay a big annual amount to the FOH and don’t have a season ticket might want to consider buying a season ticket.  They could reduce their FOH subs to fund the season ticket. Hearts still get the same amount and the dedicated Hearts supporter gets priority to buy tickets for cup finals etc!

Jambo Forever

Realistically, how many season ticket holders who have a ticket need to buy another for someone in phase 2 who wasn’t already at the semi. 

i don’t think there’s this huge group of people going to take tickets that weren’t already going to

get one 

been here before
8 minutes ago, Jambo Forever said:

Realistically, how many season ticket holders who have a ticket need to buy another for someone in phase 2 who wasn’t already at the semi. 

i don’t think there’s this huge group of people going to take tickets that weren’t already going to

get one 

I fell into that category for both games.

Hospitalitying for the final though, keeps us away from the riff raff to a large degree.

been here before
1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

What are the ticket sales looking like now 

U21s on standby for Phase 2 carnage and fending off banality from Hamilton.

10 hours ago, Newton51 said:

It’s always going to upset someone as someone who has a high loyalty number below 120 can’t go but you could also say that the semi final wasn’t sold out so people that went there shouldn’t lose out either

Why would you say it wasn't a sell out when it was ? In fact Hearts got an extra allocation. 

If you're meaning the empty seats in the front rows they are kept empty for all games at Hampden. 

I don't understand what point you are trying to make but people should not get priority treatment for attending one match even if it is a semi final. 

davemclaren
19 minutes ago, Jambo Forever said:

get one 

FoH contributions are not subject to VAT at 20%, season tickets are. 

5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Why would you say it wasn't a sell out when it was ? In fact Hearts got an extra allocation. 

If you're meaning the empty seats in the front rows they are kept empty for all games at Hampden. 

I don't understand what point you are trying to make but people should not get priority treatment for attending one match even if it is a semi final. 

We did sell out our original allocation but  offered additional seats in the south upper which wasn’t sold out by either side. The main point is we have earned a 50/50 split for the final due to our high ticket sales in the semi which isn’t always the case against the old firm

4 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

We did sell out our original allocation but  offered additional seats in the south upper which wasn’t sold out by either side. The main point is we have earned a 50/50 split for the final due to our high ticket sales in the semi which isn’t always the case against the old firm

I can't remember but before the Semi final did the club advertise the purchase of a semi final ticket as a priority group for the final ?

4 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I can't remember but before the Semi final did the club advertise the purchase of a semi final ticket as a priority group for the final ?

They didn’t but they have used semi final attendance as a category before. It would probably be seen as jinxing it talking about a final criteria before getting there 

9 minutes ago, luckydug said:

They didn’t, but in fairness to the club they tried something different for phase 3 tickets sales for the semi!

And it worked, all tickets were sold and that has resulted in a 50:50 ticket split for the final!

The only folks that I have sympathy for are those who have a lot of points, and  go to a lot of away games, don’t have a season ticket and couldn’t go to the semi.

I realise there are some affected but are there many? Really?

Edited by Jambo-Fox

karipidis
7 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

They didn’t, but in fairness to the club they tried something different for phase 3 tickets sales for the semi!

And it worked, all tickets were sold and that has resulted in a 50:50 ticket split for the final!

The only folks that I have sympathy for are those who have a lot of points, and  go to a lot of away games, don’t have a season ticket and couldn’t go to the semi.

I realise there are some affected but are there many? Really?

I don’t think there will be that many. However it is looking increasing likely that some people who are eligible for phase 2 are not going to get a ticket due to the likely demand and the +1 factor added in. Strange decision from the club. You could end up with someone with 119 points who was at the semi final not get a ticket, but someone’s pal of a season ticket holder, who’s barely been to any games, will get one. 

Edited by karipidis

karipidis
7 hours ago, Jambo Forever said:

get one 

A lot. 

karipidis
10 hours ago, Ked said:

Season ticket holders should be rewarded especially given that those same people bought them during covid and the possibility that they would have not been able to use them again due to covid.

That's the bottom line.

Rewarded by giving tickets to people who have barely attended at the same time as people who went to the semi final and have 119 loyalty points? 

Good news.  I'm half way through reading Ian Murray's book for a 3rd time.  In the context of this thread, I won't be going so I'm not a competitor for a ticket but for the 22,000 who will be there and the many thousands who won't,  this is the good news.

We're winning this.

What we collectively achieved to save this club and the determination of people like Ian Murray and JKB is heroic.

Hearts will be playing for every one of those people and it will take a lot more than Rangers to stop them.

Jambo 4 Ever
2 hours ago, karipidis said:

Rewarded by giving tickets to people who have barely attended at the same time as people who went to the semi final and have 119 loyalty points? 

To be fair if it was 119 points that they had then could easily just buy a ticket for one of the remaining games this season in the league and then they could get one 

karipidis
16 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

To be fair if it was 119 points that they had then could easily just buy a ticket for one of the remaining games this season in the league and then they could get one 

Not really the point I was making. 

4 hours ago, karipidis said:

No rewarding season ticket holders.

And in my case rewarding Hearts supporters who have went to the semi final bought season tickets for the past 15 years including the covid ones but couldn't justify one this year.

You can't acquirers 119 points.

1 hour ago, karipidis said:

Not really the point I was making. 

The point you were making was valid.

I can't answer for other people who may or may not be giving a ticket to someone who has never been before.

I doubt that many Hearts supporters will be doing that

3 minutes ago, Ked said:

And in my case rewarding Hearts supporters who have went to the semi final bought season tickets for the past 15 years including the covid ones but couldn't justify one this year.

You’re not guaranteed a ticket in phase 2, mate, that’s the point.

Probably won’t happen but, theoretically, ST holders could get in early and snaffle up all remaining tickets.

karipidis
53 minutes ago, Ked said:

The point I’m making is some people who are eligible for phase 2 won’t get tickets due to the demand and the option for the plus 1. I think demand is definitely going to outweigh supply in phase 2. 

10 minutes ago, karipidis said:

The point I’m making is some people who are eligible for phase 2 won’t get tickets due to the demand and the option for the plus 1. I think demand is definitely going to outweigh supply in phase 2. 

Supply outweighing demand is a problem.

But there's only 13,000 season ticket holders.Those 13,000 bought them not knowing if we could actually use them.

As I suspect most of those bought them the previous season when we couldn't use them .

And the season before when we only partially ysed them.

That should be rewarded for those of us who would like to get tickets for other Hearts supporters which I've explained in my case means supporters who went to the semi and have bought season tickets previously .

It's not ideal and I can understand the frustration.

And any Heartts supporter getting tickets for a daytripper is bang out of order.

1 hour ago, Boab said:

Probably won’t happen but, theoretically, ST holders could get in early and snaffle up all remaining tickets.

Again mate it allows season ticket holders who have bought without knowing if they could use them the chance to buy for people who they go to games with etc.

Most of those who bought one this season would have bought last season.

And the season before.

I think the club have shown the reward in a small way for that.

Tams bird
1 hour ago, Boab said:

I know season ticket holders who are waiting on phase 2 to use the 2 tickets so they can sit together. Might end up not going at all...  

Holyrood_Hearts
5 minutes ago, Tams bird said:

I know season ticket holders who are waiting on phase 2 to use the 2 tickets so they can sit together. Might end up not going at all...  

I’m in that situation. Im a ST holder but I don’t want to sit on my own so waiting on phase 2 to start. 

14 minutes ago, Tams bird said:

Adults who can't sit apart from their besties for 90mins are weird. We're all Hearts fans ffs. 🤣

4 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

I’m in that situation. Im a ST holder but I don’t want to sit on my own so waiting on phase 2 to start. 

I would go and get your own ticket in phase one mate. 

What's worse sitting on your own or missing Hearts winning the cup? 🤔

Phase two is going to be manic. 

It's an all nighter outside the ticket office job😏

norrie1952

Just a bit of info regarding loyalty points.I renewed my season ticket on 22nd April on ticketmaster.I’ve just looked at my account and I was awarded the 20 loyalty points on the 29th.

Tams bird
2 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Adults who can't sit apart from their besties for 90mins are weird. We're all Hearts fans ffs. 🤣

2 are children. One has season ticket ,one had till last year.

Tams bird
1 hour ago, norrie1952 said:

Just a bit of info regarding loyalty points.I renewed my season ticket on 22nd April on ticketmaster.I’ve just looked at my account and I was awarded the 20 loyalty points on the 29th.

Got mine as well.  Just noticed got points for using Skyline as well.. Thought it was just discount we got.

• davemclaren changed the title to Scottish Cup Final pre match thread - SOLD OUT (updated/merged)