Scottish Cup Final pre match thread - SOLD OUT (updated/merged)

Swanny17

Just now, Poseidon said:

I maybe read it wrong but have you bought tickets even though you know you'll be away? 

I gave to my other son = my two sons are going .. got it?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• been here before

• Fozzyonthefence

• Jambo 4 Ever

south morocco
6 minutes ago, One five said:

I’ve got two ST’s on my account I bought one also for my son.

That makes more sense cheers 

3 minutes ago, One five said:

Should have said you're selling them to pay for your holiday 🙂

Just now, neilnunb said:

Should have said you're selling them to pay for your holiday 🙂

They would never spoke to me again lol

5 minutes ago, One five said:

Yes sir. Enjoy the holiday and hope the boys get to see us lift the trophy 👍

2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Did all of the south stand sell out

No they havent released certain sections they do it in section order.

Sorry you said South yeah i think all those sections were on sale.

Edited by Jamboelite

22 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

No they havent released certain sections they do it in section order.

Sorry you said South yeah i think all those sections were on sale.

I remember for semi final some of the south lower was released at a later date

1 hour ago, HoGwash said:

I agree. I can't be bothered with the constant slagging of the club from some on here but I think it's a mistake to allow 2 tickets per account in phase 2. Based on season ticket holders and people who attended the semi final all available tickets are accounted for. Allowing everyone to buy 2 in the 2nd phase will simply cause problems and mean some semi final attenders will miss out, not to mention fairly high loyalty points people who couldnt go to the semi for whatever reason.

You make a lot of good points.

It’s likely that if the Hearts had not allowed folks to buy x2 tickets for the semi then the full allocation might not have been sold (a la hibs), that might have resulted in a less than 50% allocation for the final.

I don’t think any system is perfect but Hearts have played a blinder in selling full allocation++ for the semi and as result there was no SFA shenanigans for the final ticket allocation!

Slightly imperfect ticket distribution with full support every-time vs perfection and less than 50% maroon!!

♥️♥️♥️♥️🏆 

Edited by Jambo-Fox

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

To be fair to the club I can’t remember a semi or final when everyone was happy with the allocation system. 

You're right. 

When big games come round there will always be people who get tickets that don't deserve them and some that miss out who should get one 

22 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

You make a lot of good points.

It’s likely that if the Hearts had not allowed folks to buy x2 tickets for the semi then the full allocation might not have been sold (a la hibs), that might have resulted in a less than 50% allocation for the final.

I don’t think any system is perfect but Hearts have played a blinder in selling full allocation++ for the semi and as result there was no SFA shenanigans for the final ticket allocation!

Slightly imperfect ticket distribution with full support every-time vs perfection and less than 50% maroon!!

♥️♥️♥️♥️🏆 

Hearts didn't allow 2 per account for Semi final

Just now, carnockjambo said:

Heard a rumour we got 24,000 tickets ? 

Highly doubt it. Would only leave 4k for sponsors, all Spfl teams allocation, debentures etc. 

1 minute ago, carnockjambo said:

Heard a rumour we got 24,000 tickets ? 

I think that would have to include hospitality tickets sold directly by Hampden to Hearts supporters.

jamtartan74
23 minutes ago, taylor75 said:

Do hearts keep back so many   tickets for people queuing up that's can't be bought online ?

Yes they do, there are always people queuing up for tickets so it would be unfair if everyone bought online and those left standing in a queue were told sold out. Now of course that will only be for a certain time, not sure how long that they will keep some back, maybe only a day or two 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 minute ago, jamtartan74 said:

Yes they do, there are always people queuing up for tickets so it would be unfair if everyone bought online and those left standing in a queue were told sold out. Now of course that will only be for a certain time, not sure how long that they will keep some back, maybe only a day or two 🤷🏻‍♂️

Thanks..

3 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

We did once it went to general sale.

Apologies, you and JF are correct, could have sworn it was 1 per account

jamtartan74
1 minute ago, taylor75 said:

Thanks..

No problem, hope you get sorted out (assuming it’s you that’s having to go queue for them)..

mulleted_jambo

Pretty poor I think with the allocation. I’m on 111 points but still have the same chance as someone who gnat been to a game but is mates with someone who was at the semi. Really frustrating way to do it. 

One per account with the same rules or the same way as the semi is a much better system. 

delpieroismagic
1 hour ago, jamtartan74 said:

I could be wrong but I would think it's unlikely they would hold tickets back for up to 2 days after selling out online. Maybe a couple of hours or to a certain point in the queue. 

1 hour ago, Poseidon said:

Hearts didn't allow 2 per account for Semi 

Edited by Jambo-Fox
Saw Poseidon response rendering my post irrelevant

Rocky jamboa
1 hour ago, mulleted_jambo said:

Pretty poor I think with the allocation. I’m on 111 points but still have the same chance as someone who gnat been to a game but is mates with someone who was at the semi. Really frustrating way to do it. 

One per account with the same rules or the same way as the semi is a much better system. 

I'm in the same boat. Feel the 2nd phase should have been folk with 20/30 plus loyalty points or a semi final ticket, if they wanted to reward for that. 1 ticket per account. It then means those who've been to a few games get a ticket for the final. 

Maybe looking to make a season tickets seem more attractive to encourage more season ticket sales.

Silvery_Moon
4 hours ago, HoGwash said:

I agree. I can't be bothered with the constant slagging of the club from some on here but I think it's a mistake to allow 2 tickets per account in phase 2. Based on season ticket holders and people who attended the semi final all available tickets are accounted for. Allowing everyone to buy 2 in the 2nd phase will simply cause problems and mean some semi final attenders will miss out, not to mention fairly high loyalty points people who couldnt go to the semi for whatever reason.

Agreed. I was surprised when I saw I could get 2 tickets over the 2 phases.

In theory someone on 119 loyalty points may not be eligible if they aren't a season ticket holder and didn't make the semi which seems a bit harsh too.

10 minutes ago, Rocky jamboa said:

I'm in the same boat. Feel the 2nd phase should have been folk with 20/30 plus loyalty points or a semi final ticket, if they wanted to reward for that. 1 ticket per account. It then means those who've been to a few games get a ticket for the final. 

Maybe looking to make a season tickets seem more attractive to encourage more season ticket sales.

Can’t disagree with the point you are making. 
Think Hearts might have done it this way because for the semi I believe Phase 2 (40+ loyalty points) saw virtually no tickets sold. 

jamtartan74
49 minutes ago, delpieroismagic said:

I could be wrong but I would think it's unlikely they would hold tickets back for up to 2 days after selling out online. Maybe a couple of hours or to a certain point in the queue. 

Well that’s why I did say I wasn’t sure how long for 🤷🏻‍♂️ certainly on the day of sales everyone who is queuing up will get one, after that then I have no idea, I would like to think though that there would be some held back for the dinosaurs who can’t get online who would go to the ticket office instead, no offence intended to any dinosaurs 😝

mulleted_jambo
28 minutes ago, Rocky jamboa said:

I’m sure I’ll get one as there are a few of us logging on first thing and are all linked on the network but could do without the worry of not getting one. 

Whats the point of the loyalty points system if they don't use it for big games like this?

I know people are getting a bit tetchy about getting a ticket but there’s about 8k tickets left. Everyone I know is a season ticket holder so have bought their seat. However, no one is going back at phase 2 to buy more. I’m sure this will be the case for a lot of others. 

AC Mallin_51

Surely phase 2 will come forward now, more or less everyone who can buy one in phase 1 has (by the looks of things) 

Montgomery Brewster
11 hours ago, mulleted_jambo said:

Yes I agree with you. I got 2 tickets in the last phase of sales for the semi. 

only had about 10 loyalty points as had been staying away. 

should have had another phase at a lower points level for the regular non season ticket holders. Even for a few days. Then sell the rest to the semi final ticket folk like me.

1 hour ago, Baxfee said:

I know people are getting a bit tetchy about getting a ticket but there’s about 8k tickets left. Everyone I know is a season ticket holder so have bought their seat. However, no one is going back at phase 2 to buy more. I’m sure this will be the case for a lot of others. 

Hope you're right.

But to say no one will go go back in on phase 2 and buy another ?

Maybe not people you know but plenty will.

32 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Surely phase 2 will come forward now, more or less everyone who can buy one in phase 1 has (by the looks of things) 

I know 3 or 4 who are waiting till 2nd phase to get seats together they are using the 2 ticket rule.    

Fozzyonthefence
15 hours ago, Boab said:

That's not the issue. As a ST holder I've already got one. I can go in early in phase 2 and get another ahead of someone else. That's not right. I won't do that as it's not right. 

I agree Boab but no doubt there will be some seeing £ signs getting second tickets and appearing on EBay, etc, some no doubt ending in Hun hands.   Not sure why we seem to have to have a different system every time we get to a final other than it’s an admission by the club that they’ve not found the fairest / best way yet.  Well, this certainly isn’t it I’m afraid. 

Second phase should have included fans with high loyalty points (as in the semi), ST holders looking for 2nd ticket should come after them. 

If I understand this right, my son who has only been to one game this season (the semi) can buy 2 tickets?  If so, that’s clearly unfair.

35 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I agree Boab but no doubt there will be some seeing £ signs getting second tickets and appearing on EBay, etc, some no doubt ending in Hun hands.   Not sure why we seem to have to have a different system every time we get to a final other than it’s an admission by the club that they’ve not found the fairest / best way yet.  Well, this certainly isn’t it I’m afraid. 

Second phase should have included fans with high loyalty points (as in the semi), ST holders looking for 2nd ticket should come after them. 

If I understand this right, my son who has only been to one game this season (the semi) can buy 2 tickets?  If so, that’s clearly unfair.

It’s always going to upset someone as someone who has a high loyalty number below 120 can’t go but you could also say that the semi final wasn’t sold out so people that went there shouldn’t lose out either

The Wrinkly Ninja
28 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

It’s always going to upset someone as someone who has a high loyalty number below 120 can’t go but you could also say that the semi final wasn’t sold out so people that went there shouldn’t lose out either

Which is why this phase should have been for people with a set number of loyalty points and above and for people who went to the semi. 

People who have never been to a hearts game should have to wait until the above have had the opportunity to buy.

adambraejambo
1 hour ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

That's just asking for trouble. Some people will have taken note of date phase 2 begins and won't  be on here or online often to see if it changed. My neighbour has told his work that he be a bit late  on Friday so he can be online for tickets going on sale. After dates announced it best not to change it so everyone has same chance . I in hospitality and have a season ticket so it makes no difference to me. 

I bought my mums for the semi on my account as she didn't have one.  She just retired and is getting season ticket now she doesn't work Saturdays so i need to be able to buy two so she can go.  It does seem a strange way to allocate though

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Jambos56 said:

Do you just need the reference number of who was at the semi final on your network to get tickets for them?

Yeah, as long as they’re part of your network, if not add them before Friday. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

So, come phase 2, as a season ticket holder, can I buy an additional ticket for someone even though I bought mine yesterday?

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah, as long as they’re part of your network, if not add them before Friday. 

Cheers

Stewie Griffin
6 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

So, come phase 2, as a season ticket holder, can I buy an additional ticket for someone even though I bought mine yesterday?

Yes 

11 minutes ago, Stewie Griffin said:

Yes 

That's how I read it, just double checking, thanks for your response.

• davemclaren changed the title to Scottish Cup Final pre match thread - SOLD OUT (updated/merged)