Maloney / Hibs - Lee Johnson appointed ( Merged )

jamboinglasgow

2 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Depends on which side his bread is buttered on

It was reported that he walked from his The Rangers gig but he denied that publicly so he must've been well-fired.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Mikey1874

• Rudy T

• Wee Mikey

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't Lee Johnson's sides tend to go on long streaks of losing. Should be perfect for their usual post Christmas collapse 😁

2 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

It was reported that he walked from his The Rangers gig but he denied that publicly so he must've been well-fired.

If they end up being part of Warburton's Green and White Army, does that mean Hibs fans will be Warburton's toast soldiers?

Just now, j1964m said:

If Warburton got the job don't think he will be able to pick up the pieces

Not with his butter fingers, that's for sure.

Armageddon
12 minutes ago, j1964m said:

Warburton would be after quite a bit of dough 

Unknown user
19 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Don't Lee Johnson's sides tend to go on long streaks of losing. Should be perfect for their usual post Christmas collapse 😁

:pleasing:

Photos have come out from his interview.

"We've just signed an exclusive deal with Pretty Man Trousers. How would you advertise them during matches?"

Lee_Johnson_27-08-2016_1.jpg

2 hours ago, bistokid said:

Jon Dahl Tomasson is in Edinburgh. Would think it'll be him.

Bit early for the fringe

54 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Penis

is slang for Johnson, dates back to 1860's and not the US President

Don't you mean Johnson is slang for penis?  

Shanks said no
Just now, RobNox said:

Don't you mean Johnson is slang for penis?  

Freudian slip

2 hours ago, j1964m said:

Aye, if he gets the job he'll likely make a wholemeal of it

7 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Penis

is slang for Johnson, dates back to 1860's and not the US President

I was just thinking when I read don't Americans call a willy a Johnson, Could this be a message to the hibs fans he thinks they're cocks and hes going to destroy the club?

Sooperstar

"The ex-Hearts midfielder is understood to be on the verge of landing the Easter Road vacancy after impressing Ron Gordon"

Yes, Ron, of course I'm happy for your son to pick what players to sign.

Sooperstar

Jamie McAllister as his assistant. Never liked him as a player for us so I'm good with that.

Sure the Hibs fans will be delighted at this one. Two ex-Hearts players, one of whom robbed them of League Cup glory for the mighty Livingston.

Leveins Battalion
3 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Jamie McAllister as his assistant. Never liked him as a player for us so I'm good with that.

Sure the Hibs fans will be delighted at this one. Two ex-Hearts players, one of whom robbed them of League Cup glory for the mighty Livingston.

They are not happy,especially after Moira Gordon told them last night that Jon Dahl Tommasson was in for it.😂

23 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Text of the above.

I'm guessing that Ron Gordon was indeed very impressed, especially with the reported reason for his sacking from Sunderland. There's a good chance of him not making it past his 1st visit to Tynie.

--------------------------------------

Lee Johnson set for Hibs job with former Sunderland boss in 'advanced talks' to replace Shaun Maloney.

The ex-Hearts midfielder is understood to be on the verge of landing the Easter Road vacancy after impressing Ron Gordon.

Lee Johnson is set to be appointed Hibs manager and is in ‘advanced talks’ over the role.

Karl Robinson and Michael Appleton were also being considered before Jon Dahl Tomasson was linked yesterday.

But now the Daily Record reports that Johnson is on the verge of replacing Shaun Maloney at Easter Road.

The former Hearts midfielder met with owner Ron Gordon and chief executive Ben Kensell earlier this week and impressed with his vision for the Leith club.

It’s understood he’ll bring former Tynecastle teammate Jamie McAllister with him as his number two.

Johnson won the EFL trophy with Sunderland last season but was sacked in January following a 6-0 thrashing from Bolton.

But he is set to return to Edinburgh and take charge of the Hibees.

Caretaker boss David Gray will take charge of the final game of the season this Sunday.

21 minutes ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

Hibs really have a thing for short men. 

And Johnson is even shorter than Maloney 😁

Rick Sanchez

I'm sure he's started alright at Bristol City and Sunderland but he eventually declines. 6-0 by Bolton against Sunderland...not even Jack Ross would manage that.

Given the possibilities I would be disappointed tbh.

Edit: as a Hibs fan.

Edited by Rick Sanchez

Carl Fredrickson

I read a Sunderland forum regularly and they didnt like LJ. Didnt seem to have a game plan, players being played out of position, no plan A never mind plan B....

Got some decent results but far too many games that they "should" have won but failed. Not worried in the slightest if he goes to fester road but they do seem to like employing ex-Hearts players

I'm going to buck the trend here and say I don't think that's a terrible appointment.  He's a name I've gently suggested when we've been looking or when we thought Robbie may not be the god he clearly is.

HOWEEEEEVER.  Pep or Klippity wouldn't be able to manage the mess over there just now.  File under Heckingbottom.  A blot on a career which he'll pick back up with Rotherham or one of the Bristol clubs after his garden leave from Hibs which will start around November.  Nice for him to have a paid Christmas off with family and then get back in to the game.

Hohohoho Ron the Con has to be a jambo at the wind up, Lee Johnson!! This man is truly determined to take h1b5 down to the championship.

Jeffros Furios

Johnson isn't a better manager than Heckinbottom and he was shite , done OK since with Sheff Utd .

The Vermin's squad is shite and another nomark from down south will just continue thier demise .

Next season will be brilliant as Porteus will jump from the sinking ship and flirting with relegation will become a reality .

Also thier shite crowds will become even shittier as the peasants will give up and prioritise a toothbrush over a season ticket at the rat infested shithole .

11 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Johnson isn't a better manager than Heckinbottom and he was shite , done OK since with Sheff Utd .

The Vermin's squad is shite and another nomark from down south will just continue thier demise .

Next season will be brilliant as Porteus will jump from the sinking ship and flirting with relegation will become a reality .

Also thier shite crowds will become even shittier as the peasants will give up and prioritise a toothbrush over a season ticket at the rat infested shithole .

Byron reincarnated 

vegas-voss
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Tbf I always thought he was a decent manager.  Won’t be groundbreaking right enough

Decent enough probably in the same bracket as Alexander and Steve Robinson up here.Not great but not one that has the alarm bells ringing either although he will be hounded to **** by the fans if it doesn't start well 🤣

A_A wehatethehibs

Got to be honest it’s a desperately bad appointment from Hibs. Tragic. Nobody wants the gig 

Riccarton3

Nothing to lose for Johnson. Can only imagine the shite he's being fed. Same narrative as Maloney : Board impressed by what HIS plans/ideas are with no obvious change to how the club is run.

Riccarton3
2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Got to be honest it’s a desperately bad appointment from Hibs. Tragic. Nobody wants the gig 

I don't think there's anything  that bad about Johnson. It's what he will be working with is the issue.

A_A wehatethehibs
3 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

I don't think there's anything  that bad about Johnson. It's what he will be working with is the issue.

Yes nothing that bad, apart from his poor record, poor erratic football and back to back sackings. Gone by Christmas 

Riccarton3
2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Yes nothing that bad, apart from his poor record, poor erratic football and back to back sackings. Gone by Christmas 

Its a merry go round . when he left Bristol he was the longest serving manager in the League at about 4 yesrs.

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

I'm going to buck the trend here and say I don't think that's a terrible appointment.  He's a name I've gently suggested when we've been looking or when we thought Robbie may not be the god he clearly is.

HOWEEEEEVER.  Pep or Klippity wouldn't be able to manage the mess over there just now.  File under Heckingbottom.  A blot on a career which he'll pick back up with Rotherham or one of the Bristol clubs after his garden leave from Hibs which will start around November.  Nice for him to have a paid Christmas off with family and then get back in to the game.

He's not a terrible appointment but neither, i think, is he one to really change things over there.

The way hibs are set up, both structurally and financially, means they would need a mercurial manager to come in and hit that sweet spot and even that may take longer than the patience of the hibs Board and support allow. Although not 'mercurial' the only quality coach they have had was Lennon and he is a social hand grenade waiting to explode. We saw that with Stendel who may have had something about him but the circumstances and timing was completely wrong.

Unless you are a gifted manager then you are really only as good as the budget and set-up allows. It may give you a decent cup run, they may even beat us once or twice and win in Glasgow even but in the long term nothing will change until that club changes.

Riccarton3

The media silence over how Hibs are being run which is the main problem is fine by me. Just blandly reporting on manager after manager. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Maloney / Hibs - Lee Johnson appointed ( Merged )