Maloney / Hibs - Lee Johnson appointed ( Merged )

jamboinglasgow

ToadKiller Dog
20 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Sounds like a right clown.  Should fit in well at the Easter Road circus.

Making Coco manager certainly gives us the chance to sing "there's a circus in the town in the town Philip coco is the clown.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Mikey1874

• Rudy T

• Wee Mikey

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

colinmorewasgash
6 hours ago, mickycameron98 said:

Philip Coco now tipped for the post. Another manager who's done **** all

Fenerbahçe

On 22 June 2018, Cocu was appointed on a three-year deal at Turkey's Fenerbahçe, who were under new ownership. He was dismissed on 28 October with the club just one point and one place above the relegation zone, following a 3–1 home loss to MKE Ankaragücü.

Derby County

On 5 July 2019, Cocu was announced as the new manager of Championship club Derby County. He guided Derby to a 10th-place finish, whilst installing a sense of total football locally known as Cocuball.

On 14 November 2020, Cocu and Derby parted company with the club at the bottom of the league table.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Hibs need to start focusing on winning games rather than trying to invent a new type of glory hole fantasy football.

Deluded halfwits

7 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

(From hibs offical website)

On Maloney’s appointment at Hibs, Martinez told the Times: “I’m really looking forward to seeing what he can change in the next 18 months.

“I know he can bring a different approach to Scottish football with the ideas of working in international football.

“It’s going to be good for Hibs and the development of Scottish football in general.

“He has really strong values. He doesn’t just want to manage a team and win games, he wants to build a football club, the philosophy, develop players and have a long-term vision for recruitment.”

Comments like this do my head in when people completely dismiss the quality and competitiveness of the league because it's Scottish Football. 

So ignorant to think Shaun Maloney was going to revolutionise the football in this country.

W**ker.

1 hour ago, colinmorewasgash said:

Fenerbahçe

On 22 June 2018, Cocu was appointed on a three-year deal at Turkey's Fenerbahçe, who were under new ownership. He was dismissed on 28 October with the club just one point and one place above the relegation zone, following a 3–1 home loss to MKE Ankaragücü.

Derby County

On 5 July 2019, Cocu was announced as the new manager of Championship club Derby County. He guided Derby to a 10th-place finish, whilst installing a sense of total football locally known as Cocuball.

On 14 November 2020, Cocu and Derby parted company with the club at the bottom of the league table.

Cocu the Clown, Coc* of Leith Walk, only Hibs could find this many new ways to keep shooting themselves in the foot. 

I hope it happens.  They might enjoy winning games in the Championship. 

8 hours ago, mickycameron98 said:

Philip Coco now tipped for the post. Another manager who's done **** all

Coco Bryce, more like.

Even Hobo's aren't convinced about Cocu, looking back at comments from Derby fans on his time with them....

“Good tactics…just not for our level of players”

"Let down by failure to sign a centre forward and the football nous of our squad. Having said that in mitigation, he then failed to adapt or get the best from what he’d got."

To which one of the smarter tramps responds "that sounds familiar"

8 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Hibs need to start focusing on winning games rather than trying to invent a new type of glory hole fantasy football.

Deluded halfwits

Yes but the deluded ones will never realise this thank fully they have made a rod for their own backs with this flair myth and it is delightful

Nookie Bear
9 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

Comments like this do my head in when people completely dismiss the quality and competitiveness of the league because it's Scottish Football. 

So ignorant to think Shaun Maloney was going to revolutionise the football in this country.

W**ker.

Turning up to a semi final, park of the bus and kicking the opposition off the pitch is revolutionary indeed. 

45 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

never heard o this coco, jambo in the work remembers him, 😏.

He just popped in to my head

Some guy Panovic (spl) is apparently getting the gig, ex Reading and Chicago Fire…. No idea who he is or how good he is…

54 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Some guy Panovic (spl) is apparently getting the gig, ex Reading and Chicago Fire…. No idea who he is or how good he is…

Any soccaball manager is a shoe in to do well in Scotland. Nap.

:vrface:

32 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I definitely think it’ll be someone like him if this guys not getting, be some sort of link to the good old US of A

Yeah, I thought there was a good chance they'd go for an American coach as they'd be used to the model that Ron has adopted at Hibs, whereby the manager / coach doesn't sign the players.

2 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Yeah, I thought there was a good chance they'd go for an American coach as they'd be used to the model that Ron has adopted at Hibs, whereby the manager / coach doesn't sign the players.

You've got to think when a British coach hears the word committee he’ll quickly about turn out the interview, especially when they say their last two committee signings were a 400k kid who’s never played on grass and an American superstar who spends most of his time on the bench! Then there’s the fire sale of anyone remotely sellable. Sounds like a dream job 😂

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Devils advocate 

Can he be that bad if he was at Reading for 2 years?

Not saying he’s brilliant but he at least has some experience in the UK at an ok level so he’s no Stephen Glass for example?

Still a puppet type appointment though probably.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Tom Hardy’s Dug
7 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

You've got to think when a British coach hears the word committee he’ll quickly about turn out the interview, especially when they say their last two committee signings were a 400k kid who’s never played on grass and an American superstar who spends most of his time on the bench! Then there’s the fire sale of anyone remotely sellable. Sounds like a dream job 😂

One of the most irritating things I saw in the press recently.

Hobos effectively confirmed they signed players by committee and I am sure also confirmed that Ron had the final say and NONE of the SMSM had much to say about it.

Even ignoring how they dealt with Romanov we don’t have to go back too far to remember the media carnage around Levein and his ****ing notes from the stand.

Annoying as ****.

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Hobos effectively confirmed they signed players by committee and I am sure also confirmed that Ron had the final say and NONE of the SMSM had much to say about it.

Even ignoring how they dealt with Romanov we don’t have to go back too far to remember the media carnage around Levein and his ****ing notes from the stand.

Annoying as ****.

They also said nothing about Glass and Maloney having zero managerial experience taking over two ‘big’ clubs. Yet Cathro despite his huge amount of coaching experience was absolutely slaughtered from day one. Proven correct in the end of course but the double standards were there for all too see. 

colinmorewasgash
20 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

They also said nothing about Glass and Maloney having zero managerial experience taking over two ‘big’ clubs. Yet Cathro despite his huge amount of coaching experience was absolutely slaughtered from day one. Proven correct in the end of course but the double standards were there for all too see. 

Tony Mowbray: Blackburn Rovers boss set to leave at end of season as no new contract offered.

13 minutes ago, colinmorewasgash said:

Tony Mowbray: Blackburn Rovers boss set to leave at end of season as no new contract offered.

I don’t see him going back, he must be on a fortune in the championship and I’m sure he could go to another championship team, they seem to be on a merry go round down there, once your in the club you just move round the teams. Bit like it used to be up here.

9 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Devils advocate 

Not saying he’s brilliant but he at least has some experience in the UK at an ok level so he’s no Stephen Glass for example?

Did reading not implode recently?

12 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Devils advocate 

I do not see him fitting in well at Easter Road then Porteous has been at the reading for way longer than that and he still can not spell his name

12 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Annoying as ****.

Owners and boards and directors of football have been making buying and selling decisions at thousands of clubs for years, even before Romanov. And not necessarily consulting the coaching staff either.

The main reason Romanov got slaughtered was that he was also selecting the team, or at least some players within the team. Even today, that doesn’t happen all that often and it was abhorrent when Romanov was doing it. It certainly contributed to us not winning the league in 05/06, that and sacking a perfectly good manager with an almost flawless record.

Nookie Bear
6 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Keane is out of the running. 

It would have taken both partiers about 5 minutes to come to that conclusion.

But it alerts proper clubs that Roy is on the market...so job done.

indianajones
13 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yep. Was never in the running in the first place. 

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, indianajones said:

Yep. Was never in the running in the first place. 

It was ridiculous, the idea that Keane would leave his job at Sky Sports to take over a bottom 6 SPFL club with very little money to spend.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

RK: I need full autonomy on who we sign with my own recruitment team

RG: Cheers Roy. The door’s there. Next.

RG: Hey there Ronald ****ing McDonald*

*Ted Lasso reference

Unknown user
14 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Annoying as ****.

Fuel to the fire bud, fuel to the fire

26 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Just money for betting companies.

Keane probably gets a percentage.

Hearts would be getting slaughtered if they were operating like Hibs. But its just given a shrug, sacking managers before cup finals or after 120 days. Nothing to see here. it's an interesting set up.

I don’t doubt by Monday Cocu will be out the running and next week we’ll hear a few more names banded about still think this Panovic chap is going to be the man.

SpruceBringsteen

They'll be getting some daftie from the US third tier who's pals with Gordon's laddie and they'll like it.

What’s hilarious is that now they have zero threads on us on their shit forum. Not one. Silently accepting the natural order as they should. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Maloney / Hibs - Lee Johnson appointed ( Merged )