Maloney / Hibs - Lee Johnson appointed ( Merged )

jamboinglasgow

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Mikey1874

• Rudy T

• Wee Mikey

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

They'll be getting some daftie from the US third tier who's pals with Gordon's laddie and they'll like it.

Hopefully

Armageddon

Seemingly Michael Appleton to be appointed.

Oh Hibs, you're amazing.  You thought you were getting Roy Keane :)

58 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Is that not the guy they nearly appointed when Jack Ross ended up with the job?

He is the guy that they wanted first when the went for Heckingbottom 

Just now, Sooks said:

I think .............

Sooperstar
4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Ah yes, that's right, I did think it was before Ross but had completely forgotten about Heckingbottom's wonderful spell.

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

Seemingly Michael Appleton to be appointed.

Oh Hibs, you're amazing.  You thought you were getting Roy Keane :)

To be fair he's taken Lincoln to 17th in League One so is clearly one to watch

August Landmesser
4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

if he can take Hibs to fifth bottom of League One, he'll be doing a fantastic job

heartandsoul
On 29/04/2022 at 22:19, 1971fozzy said:

What’s hilarious is that now they have zero threads on us on their shit forum. Not one. Silently accepting the natural order as they should. 

They have been put in their place once again.

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

Is that not the guy they nearly appointed when Jack Ross ended up with the job?

Was it not John Kennedy from Celtic that they wanted when Ross got the job

colinmorewasgash

On Saturday, crowd frustration was evident in Lincoln City match  against Crewe as they trailed 1-0 at halftime, with fans ironically cheering one forward pass. Sounds great.

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

1 hour ago, InternationalJambo said:

😉

I was told today that McIness is who Ron wants. Fans not happy with that choice though 

23 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

I was told today that McIness is who Ron wants. Fans not happy with that choice though 

I think McIness will stay at Killie for this season and do ok with them, probably 6/7th then move on. Apparently has a good relationship with Billy Bowie. Not sure he’d swap that for the bat shit crazy world of Ron and his laddie. I still think some random American will show up as the boss.

InternationalJambo
28 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

I would imagine it’ll be down to a lot of factors. If I was DM I would be going nowhere near the hibs job, it’s a supposed shambles down there internally. He’s definitely wanted by the hibs board though, and is their top candidate. 

Edited by InternationalJambo

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

I think McIness will stay at Killie for this season and do ok with them, probably 6/7th then move on. Apparently has a good relationship with Billy Bowie. Not sure he’d swap that for the bat shit crazy world of Ron and his laddie. I still think some random American will show up as the boss.

I'm hoping the Appleton rumours are true. He's proper dog turd

joondalupjambo

McInnes is Rangers, Aberdeen and Kilmarnock material and not at all Hibbsy.  I would be very surprised if he wanted to go near the dark side.

InternationalJambo
7 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

McInnes is Rangers, Aberdeen and Kilmarnock material and not at all Hibbsy.  I would be very surprised if he wanted to go near the dark side.

Their owner has already dismissed the “persevere” club ethos in the face of the supporters. Do you think he will give a monkeys if he ditches the elaborated “ethos” of the hibs flair😂?

There is nobody high up at the club with a personal level of attachment to Hibs. 

Somethings falling apart again….

EDIT: Or are you instigating something other than mcinnes being a ‘negative manager’, to something else? 

Edited by InternationalJambo

16 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Yogi Hughes, surely.

Nah as thick as he comes across surely he wouldn't do it again, plus I think he's a decent guy so would feel bad hating him.

joondalupjambo
1 hour ago, InternationalJambo said:

Their owner has already dismissed the “persevere” club ethos in the face of the supporters. Do you think he will give a monkeys if he ditches the elaborated “ethos” of the hibs flair😂?

There is nobody high up at the club with a personal level of attachment to Hibs. 

Somethings falling apart again….

EDIT: Or are you instigating something other than mcinnes being a ‘negative manager’, to something else? 

McInnes played with a top level club, managed a top four team and took the opportunity to take a relatively "big" team back to the Premiership.  All clubs where he was backed and had budgets he had control over.

Hibs are a huge risk for him because he knows as a club they are in the mire at the moment, they have a owner who is unpredictable and would he get a decent budget and full control of it.

Is that ok as an arguement for him not going near the job?😃 

Mikey1874
1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

It will be McInnes.  Bookies had him as favourite and think some have stopped the betting

Roy Keane was favourite 

On 29/04/2022 at 10:56, indianajones said:

Keane is out of the running. 

SHOCK!!!! 😳

TyphoonJambo
4 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Mowbray ruled himself out now. 

Bummer wanted to sing that song

Neverforgetfiveone

So…. Roy Keane, Tony Mowbray, Derek McInnes all out of the running….

Michael Appleton and Karl Robinson now lead the way… 

Appreciate that Mike and Karl have more experience than Con Baloney but it leads you to think what was the point of sacking the short fellow? 

MA and KR are not shifting season tickets… they’re not box office…?

🤔

6 minutes ago, Neverforgetfiveone said:

Appreciate that Mike and Karl have more experience than Con Baloney but it leads you to think what was the point of sacking the short fellow? 

🤔

Are they "Razzmatazz" though!!! 

On 08/05/2022 at 19:56, joondalupjambo said:

McInnes played with a top level club, managed a top four team and took the opportunity to take a relatively "big" team back to the Premiership.  All clubs where he was backed and had budgets he had control over.

Hibs are a huge risk for him because he knows as a club they are in the mire at the moment, they have a owner who is unpredictable and would he get a decent budget and full control of it.

Is that ok as an arguement for him not going near the job?😃 

Was speaking about McInnes for Hibs with someone the other day and we both agreed it'd be a daft move on both sides really, unless Hibs were to change ethos and hand control to a more traditional manager who wants to recruit and run things himself.

McInnes is pretty strong willed (and a twat), couldn't see him putting up with all the tomfoolery at Hibs frankly.

Billy Bowie lets his football guys get on with football.  McInnes may well be happy where he is.  You actually wonder if he's actually made his peace that he's where he's at.  I mean in Scotland he isn't getting OF job, won't get Hearts, can't get Aberdeen, Hibs I don't see it.  So he has Killie or down south again.

joondalupjambo
18 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Was speaking about McInnes for Hibs with someone the other day and we both agreed it'd be a daft move on both sides really, unless Hibs were to change ethos and hand control to a more traditional manager who wants to recruit and run things himself.

McInnes is pretty strong willed (and a twat), couldn't see him putting up with all the tomfoolery at Hibs frankly.

Billy Bowie lets his football guys get on with football.  McInnes may well be happy where he is.  You actually wonder if he's actually made his peace that he's where he's at.  I mean in Scotland he isn't getting OF job, won't get Hearts, can't get Aberdeen, Hibs I don't see it.  So he has Killie or down south again.

Yeah looks like the press is now saying he is not on the short list.  I suspect, like you he had his own terms if he was to join Hibs and Ron would not have liked them. 

Good point you make.  I think he is a good fit at Killie and could lift them back up the table. If he gets settled there, has a freer reign and a wee bit cash to spend then who knows, top six again.

August Landmesser
8 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Yeah looks like the press is now saying he is not on the short list.  I suspect, like you he had his own terms if he was to join Hibs and Ron would not have liked them. 

Good point you make.  I think he is a good fit at Killie and could lift them back up the table. If he gets settled there, has a freer reign and a wee bit cash to spend then who knows, top six again.

and Steve Clarke got the Scotland job on the back of a good season and a half at Killie, so I bet McInnes is thinking similar - get them into Europe and a decent cup run, then move on (maybe not Scotland, but a decent English Championship gig maybe)

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Is any one else starting to suspect that no body of any real pedigree is interested in the job

You still on aboot dugfood?  Is the Pedigree at least vegan?

Old Pivotonian
52 minutes ago, suds66 said:

Are they "Razzmatazz" though!!! 

Will they 'hib it' ?

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Is any one else starting to suspect that no body of any real pedigree is interested in the job

No one of any quality or with any back bone is going to take a job where a fair percentage of the recruits for the first team are decided for you. Wonder how long before Scott Browns name is in the mix.

Just now, Deevers said:

No one of any quality or with any back bone is going to take a job where a fair percentage of the recruits for the first team are decided for you. Wonder how long before Scott Browns name is in the mix.

What is Angel Cherenkov up to 

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

and Steve Clarke got the Scotland job on the back of a good season and a half at Killie, so I bet McInnes is thinking similar - get them into Europe and a decent cup run, then move on (maybe not Scotland, but a decent English Championship gig maybe)

Yup, you do stand out if you get a club like Kilmarnock punching above the weight. It was the same with Alex Neil at Hamilton, he got them pushing higher and then got the Norwich job. At Hibs he would have more pressure to succeed and consequently his achievements (i.e. getting third place) would not stand out as much as getting Kilmarnock third. 

As BigO points out he will have more freedom with recruitment than he would have at Hibs. Plus Kilmarnock currently have a squad on 30 but 17 are either out of contract or have a loan due to finish in the summer. So it gives him plenty of scope to build the Kilmarnock squad the way he wants it.

buzzbomb1958
1 hour ago, Neverforgetfiveone said:

🤔

Ah but they shake a good Pom pom

4 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Bummer wanted to sing that song

So many songs ...

"Do you know where hell is? Hell is Easter Road ..."

Tasavallan

What were everyone's reaction when they read that Vlad had appointed Rix.

There was a loud WTF from me.

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Shock, horror etc…

14 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Disbelief.

21 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Disbelief and massive amounts of anger.

• davemclaren changed the title to Maloney / Hibs - Lee Johnson appointed ( Merged )