Maloney / Hibs - Lee Johnson appointed ( Merged )

jamboinglasgow

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Mikey1874

• Rudy T

• Wee Mikey

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

He hardly has experience does he. Ron the Con is a comedian 😂

Hibs fans saying he will sell season tickets and will be a great appointment. 
No one has actually looked and seen he’s done nothing for 10 years so like you say he’s hardly experienced.  They are just looking at the name. 

Any other guy that’s not managed in 10 years and picks up the hibs job would have hibs fans going nuts but they are happy to accept Keane 🤷‍♀️

Hope it happens as would be a disaster 

Auld Reekin'
1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Bad- completely ruined Ipswich , spent huge aamounts of money  and failed. They have never recovered.

Good - spent £9 million on Craig Gordon and seemed to be doing OK at Sunderland for a while. 

Bad -  absolute dinosaur with no man management skills who grossly insulted Harrry Arter at an Ireland training session to the extent Arter effectively told him to go **** himself in front of the whole sqaud and it caused a massive PR fail while the IFA tried to pretend nothing had happened.

Sounds ideal for Hibs.  

In fairness to Roy, anyone who goes by the name of Harry Arter fully deserves to be grossly insulted. :icon14:

Bazzas right boot

Hope it's Keane. 

He'll shout and spout alot about mentality and trying  hard. 

Hibs fans will lap it up like it's 1997 and Keane is some how relevant now. 

He'll fall out with everyone including his own reflection and leave after a derby drubbing as he has a full Lennon style  public meltdown before taking his 6 months notice and ****ing off down south to be a gob shite pundit again. 

Might be a good mentor for Porteous tho, maybe show him how to actually break a leg as opposed to miss all the time. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
53 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Doesn't need the money but he's only 51 and probably wants to work. Maybe sees his shelf life as a pundit coming to an end so fancies a new challenge.

I simply do not see him coping with the job. No money - he always likes a quick fix in the transfer market - and an environment he knows absolutely zero about.

He'll think he does know it tho and probably thinks Scottish football is a piece of piss and getting to 3rd or even 4th will be a stroll. 

The Old Tolbooth

Please let Roy Keane happen for that mob, he's the absolute perfect fit :lol: 

A completely failed gobshite pretend hard man manager who talks shit every week on the telly to try and outdo the other pundits, the guy is utterly clueless, a 5 year deal please Hibs :rofl: 

I think we are heading into an especially entertaining time with our friends across the city.  Hope they bring in Keane as it will only improve the entertainment value of watching them continue to implode 😊

6 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Their managers poll been up for a day now.

83 people have voted. 83!!!!

Apathy really has set in.

Not apathy just their average home crowd this season

3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Not apathy just their average home crowd this season

That’s really unfair.  By my calculations 83 is about 10% of their ave home crowd. 

kingantti1874

I really hope he gets the gig.  99% chance he will dial and command a huge outlay in the process.  On the 1% chance he succeeds then he’d leave quickly.  

Phil D. Corners
11 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

:interehjrling:   
a Hibs manager poll!

I expecting Robbie win. :lol: 

His analysis consist of just calling everyone shocking with no insightful comments to the game. Another experiment for Hibs and one I’d bet will fail again. 

Keane will be entertaining if he goes there. He is clearly desperate for a route back into management after being close to getting the Sunderland gig recently then being overlooked late on.

I wouldn't have been against him coming to us after Stendel when his name was being banded about, but it would have been a huge risk.

One one hand he is a big name that could attract better quality players, but on the other hand players might look at him and think '**** that' because he doesn't understand 'the modern footballer'.

I'd love to see him raging at the hands of us beating them so I'm all for him going there.

Percival King

No-one can predict how a managerial appointment will play out but I wouldn't want Roy Keane anywhere near my club. I thought Hibs deserved some credit for going for a less predictable appointment in Maliney (like us with Cathro and Hibs with Tony Mowbray) and I think Maloney's entitled to feel hard done to. But it seems like the Hibs board/owner get nervous quickly when things start going a bit wrong and maybe with that approach Roy Keane wouldn't be a sound, safe appointment. Rather them than us.

Nookie Bear

I never understand the Maloney - Cathro reference.

The main accusation against Cathro was that he had never played professionally, i don't think anyone was in doubt he was a decent coach.

hereford_hearts
2 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

One of them was me😁😁

wentworth jambo

There's a reason football pundits are football pundits and not involved in the game any more....see Gary Neville. They'd be as well going for Michael Stewart as boss.

Percival King
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

The main accusation against Cathro was that he had never played professionally, i don't think anyone was in doubt he was a decent coach.

Can't speak for anyone else but for me the Cathro - Maloney - Mowbray reference has nothing to do with whether or not they'd been ex-players but more to do with them being a bold appointment of a person who had never been a manager before thus overlooking seemingly stronger, more experienced ("safer") candidates. 

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

The only real comparison I could see was with the media. Both looked remarkably uncomfortable in front of the cameras, often rambling and going off topic in their responses, not to mention seeing things remarkably differently than what happened in the games. 

Other than that they’re chalk and cheese in regards to playing the game…

4 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Please let Roy Keane happen for that mob, he's the absolute perfect fit :lol: 

A completely failed gobshite pretend hard man manager who talks shit every week on the telly to try and outdo the other pundits, the guy is utterly clueless, a 5 year deal please Hibs :rofl: 

Basically a more expensive Neil Lennon with go faster stripes and a spoiler. Make it so Hibs

The Treasurer
7 hours ago, theshed said:

Hibs fans saying he will sell season tickets and will be a great appointment. 
No one has actually looked and seen he’s done nothing for 10 years so like you say he’s hardly experienced.  They are just looking at the name. 

Any other guy that’s not managed in 10 years and picks up the hibs job would have hibs fans going nuts but they are happy to accept Keane 🤷‍♀️

Hope it happens as would be a disaster 

This could be what Ron the con will be thinking.

High profile name could sell St's, cos let's face it, sales will be poor, he won't care if he is the wrong man from a football point of view as long as it gets the mugs to part with their giros

jambostuart
3 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Half time in his first team talk.

”weer de **** weer ya ya silly ****ing coont!!!”

”yer a ****ing defender for fecks sake!! Be Jeezeez get to **** in the feckin box or we are ****ed”

"That's your ******* job"

Definitely would love him to go to Hibs. Would only be a disaster with his temperament, and Hibs just not giving a ****. Yes, sometimes players need a rocket but I don't think he'd get anything out them by giving them his old gaffers hairdryer treatment. Hibs are where we were post Levein, and don't have the fanbase, resources, or right people involved to gut them and re start the way Neilson/Savage/Budge did with us. Next season they will be going down I am certain of it. 

Francis Albert
12 hours ago, PapaShango said:

The situation at Hibs looks all too familiar to us under Vlad. Owner starts moving his own people into positions at the club that they have no talent or experience of and then starts hiring and firing managers. Next it will be a manager from the USA that no one has heard of. I'm absolutely loving the absolute mess Ron Gordon is making of Hibs. This is just the start of it, it's only going to go one way. Hibs fans expecting a big name or someone exciting, I suspect they are going to be disappointed. 

I hope the analogy with Vlad is not too close. I don't want Hibs to have the highs we had with Vlad.

18 hours ago, RobNox said:

Roy Keane gets the job, first discussion with the CEO. What players are you looking for Roy?

I need 2 strikers, 2 attacking midfielders, 2 central midfielders, a central defender a left back and a goalie.

OK Roy, I'll get right onto that with our recruitment committee.  As soon as we've signed them we'll let you know.

Then signs 5 attacking midfielders from St Mirren

8 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

To be fair to them having a brand new canteen must be a big draw to a new manager 

Sausage and egg doubler ana cuppa tea.

Done deal.

The greasy spoon burner

10 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

To be fair to them having a brand new canteen must be a big draw to a new manager 

Apparently they share recipes and have staff secondments between their canteen and the ones in Brighton and Charleston Battery

3 minutes ago, Ked said:

Sausage and egg doubler ana cuppa tea.

Done deal.

The greasy spoon burner

rat droppings optional

50 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Then signs 5 attacking midfielders from St Mirren

All called McGinn

Ex member of the SaS

If it's Keane then they were looking for a manager and found they had one already on the staff.

The Old Tolbooth
16 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Basically a more expensive Neil Lennon with go faster stripes and a spoiler. Make it so Hibs

What a brilliant description, he wouldn't come cheap either and would be the third manager they're paying at the same time, oh H1b5, never change :lol: 

Edited by The Old Tolbooth

14 hours ago, Sooks said:

Apparently they share recipes and have staff secondments between their canteen and the ones in Brighton and Charleston Buttery

colinmorewasgash

More deluded mumblings from an ex player in media about Hubz. 

Roy Keane will have his sights set on ending Rangers and Celtic's stranglehold on Scottish football if he's appointed Hibs manager.That's the verdict of ex-Easter Road star Daryl Horgan, who worked under Keano at the Republic of Ireland.

Manchester United icon Keane is believed to have expressed an interest in succeeding Shaun Maloney at Hibernian. 

11 minutes ago, colinmorewasgash said:

More deluded mumblings from an ex player in media about Hubz. 

Roy Keane will have his sights set on ending Rangers and Celtic's stranglehold on Scottish football if he's appointed Hibs manager.That's the verdict of ex-Easter Road star Daryl Horgan, who worked under Keano at the Republic of Ireland.

Manchester United icon Keane is believed to have expressed an interest in succeeding Shaun Maloney at Hibernian. 

Remember reading similar nonsense from someone(think it was Martinez) when they brought in Maloney. 

Nookie Bear
46 minutes ago, droid said:

Remember reading similar nonsense from someone(think it was Martinez) when they brought in Maloney. 

(From hibs offical website)

On Maloney’s appointment at Hibs, Martinez told the Times: “I’m really looking forward to seeing what he can change in the next 18 months.

“I know he can bring a different approach to Scottish football with the ideas of working in international football.

“It’s going to be good for Hibs and the development of Scottish football in general.

“He has really strong values. He doesn’t just want to manage a team and win games, he wants to build a football club, the philosophy, develop players and have a long-term vision for recruitment.”

43 minutes ago, mickycameron98 said:

Philip Coco now tipped for the post. Another manager who's done **** all

Sounds like a right clown.  Should fit in well at the Easter Road circus.

36 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

(From hibs offical website)

On Maloney’s appointment at Hibs, Martinez told the Times: “I’m really looking forward to seeing what he can change in the next 18 months.

“I know he can bring a different approach to Scottish football with the ideas of working in international football.

“It’s going to be good for Hibs and the development of Scottish football in general.

“He has really strong values. He doesn’t just want to manage a team and win games, he wants to build a football club, the philosophy, develop players and have a long-term vision for recruitment.”

Long term vision? Is that being able to ride the Pepsi Max?

• davemclaren changed the title to Maloney / Hibs - Lee Johnson appointed ( Merged )