Maloney / Hibs - Lee Johnson appointed ( Merged )

jamboinglasgow

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Johnson isn't a better manager than Heckinbottom and he was shite , done OK since with Sheff Utd .

The Vermin's squad is shite and another nomark from down south will just continue thier demise .

Next season will be brilliant as Porteus will jump from the sinking ship and flirting with relegation will become a reality .

Also thier shite crowds will become even shittier as the peasants will give up and prioritise a toothbrush over a season ticket at the rat infested shithole .

What a load shite. 

Hibs fans buying a tooth brush! 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Mikey1874

• Rudy T

• Wee Mikey

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe they'll make it through all of the 7 Dwarfs before the end of the season.  Dopey has already been and gone, fingers crossed for Grumpy or Sleepy next!

August Landmesser
42 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Formerly at Hearts and sacked by Sunderland, this seems a fresh new approach by Hibs..

:D

25 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Its a merry go round . when he left Bristol he was the longest serving manager in the League at about 4 yesrs.

He did pretty well at Bristol but like most of the Champ/League 1 managers, his records pretty streaky - some good runs some terrible runs. He’d be a decent enough appointment. Less risky than Maloney but not sure he’s any better than Ross and ultimately, it’s the Paddington Cubillas shitshow that he’ll have to deal with which is where all the fun is. 

A_A wehatethehibs
31 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Its a merry go round . when he left Bristol he was the longest serving manager in the League at about 4 yesrs.

Due to having a personal friendship with the chairman. 

Levein was with us for 7 years. Being in a job for a long time, doesn’t mean you’re any good. 

Weebroon98

I've heard that lee johnson is shorter than shaun maloney, so the trip down south for gordon jnr and kensella last week must have been to make sure any candidates couldn't ride the pepsi max 

49 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

He had also overseen a run of nine losses in a row

25 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

He's not a terrible appointment but neither, i think, is he one to really change things over there.

The way hibs are set up, both structurally and financially, means they would need a mercurial manager to come in and hit that sweet spot and even that may take longer than the patience of the hibs Board and support allow. Although not 'mercurial' the only quality coach they have had was Lennon and he is a social hand grenade waiting to explode. We saw that with Stendel who may have had something about him but the circumstances and timing was completely wrong.

Unless you are a gifted manager then you are really only as good as the budget and set-up allows. It may give you a decent cup run, they may even beat us once or twice and win in Glasgow even but in the long term nothing will change until that club changes.

Nuts and bolts are this.  Look at their squad.

Good: Cadden

On fence/I think shite, but potential with coaching: Doig, Porteous, Nisbet (out for some time), Clarke (only on loan)

Definitely pish: the other 40 players

Within that other pish 40 players they do have the likes of McGinn, Stevenson and maybe a couple others who are certainly solid prem players but they're not good by any means.

Who they signing???

10 minutes ago, Weebroon98 said:

I've heard that lee johnson is shorter than shaun maloney, so the trip down south for gordon jnr and kensella last week must have been to make sure any candidates couldn't ride the pepsi max 

Obviously the initials SM on the hibs managers tracksuit stand for Small Man.

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

He had also overseen a run of nine losses in a row

Well he is moving to a club where keeping that run going should be easy.

1 minute ago, stuart500 said:

Obviously the initials SM on the hibs managers tracksuit stand for Small Man.

Shan Manager

Tasavallan

At least with Johnson they can say that he played in a winning Edinburgh derby team.

But he did play from the start in a 4-1 win over the Hobos in 2006

and also in a 3-0 Scottish cup tie win over Aberdeen the following week.

I recall seeing him on our open top bus  after we beat Gretna

1 hour ago, Stewie Griffin said:

Only 3/4 times I think 

But he did play from the start in a 4-1 win over the Hobos in 2006

and also in a 3-0 Scottish cup tie win over Aberdeen the following week.

I recall seeing him on our open top bus  after we beat Gretna

The Gorgie
1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Season 2024/25 - Hasbulla appointed manager of Hibs

He actually has some fight in him, not the hibs type.

Looks like Johnson gave a better interview than Mowbray, Jon Dahl Tomasson and the rest.

As a muppet on Hibs net said, what were the questions that were asked?

Its a funny old game lol.

RustyRightPeg

Johnson is extremely underwhelming (I’ve been told that before).

They won’t be happy with that appointment. 

jambo-in-furness
24 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Johnson is extremely underwhelming (I’ve been told that before).

They won’t be happy with that appointment. 

He must’ve whelmed Ron the con.😂

They have only sold five thousand season tickets according to dotnet with many saying they are holding off until they see who gets the managers job ........................ does any one reckon Johnson is the man to get that dead horse up and running about again

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

They have only sold five thousand season tickets according to dotnet with many saying they are holding off until they see who gets the managers job ........................ does any one reckon Johnson is the man to get that dead horse up and running about again

To a degree in terms of sales as this lot are the most gullible fanbase in Scotland. They swallowed most of Ron's pish.
They'll convince themselves he's the second coming of Christ, but as soon as he struggles with Ron's gormless son's transfers, he'll be an ex-Hearts *****. 

3 hours ago, Brick Tamland said:

https://www.readywill and bltogo.net/smb/threads/lee-johnson.1534270/page-25

Copied link from .net and the 5th post down is an interesting read

Likes to take the credit when they win and blame individual players when they lose.

He also seems to have had a fantastic budget to spend at Bristol and Sunderland but done little with it.

It's going to be a fantastic dressing room at fester road under him.

The players always seem to stop playing for him later in the seasons.

Edited by Australis

1 minute ago, Gizmo said:

To a degree in terms of sales as this lot are the most gullible fanbase in Scotland. They swallowed most of Ron's pish.
They'll convince themselves he's the second coming of Christ, but as soon as he struggles with Ron's gormless son's transfers, he'll be an ex-Hearts *****. 

There will be a small up swing once some one is appointed i would imagine yes but I think once the dust settles they will have sold four or five thousand less tickets than us and that should negatively affect their resources ................................. Ron could lend them some more money but that is exactly what it will be a loan

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

There will be a small up swing once some one is appointed i would imagine yes but I think once the dust settles they will have sold four or five thousand less tickets than us and that should negatively affect their resources ................................. Ron could lend them some more money but that is exactly what it will be a loan

I assume he has secured his existing loans against every part of their infrastructure. More loans simply increase the likelyhood of him cutting his losses further down the line when he gets fed up of their tendency to "hibs it". 

They must wonder about him stating he was open to selling this soon into his ownership and how invested he really is?

5 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

I assume he has secured his existing loans against every part of their infrastructure. More loans simply increase the likelyhood of him cutting his losses further down the line when he gets fed up of their tendency to "hibs it". 

They must wonder about him stating he was open to selling this soon into his ownership and how invested he really is?

Wee Ron is not daft when he walks around Easter Road or East Mains every thing he looks at has a number and a dollar sign above it like Robocop using his visor to scan a crime scene …………….. his floating charges will ensure he is not out of pocket 

vegas-voss
3 hours ago, Costanza said:

Formerly at Hearts and sacked by Sunderland, this seems a fresh new approach by Hibs..

Great cup manager he won the Johnstone's Paint trophy 🤣

Jean Louis Valois

They love signing up average ex Jambos the just now don't they, first Mitchell and now Johnson and Mcallister. A managment team of 2 former Hearts players is pretty hilarious, even for Hibs.

ScottieMac17
3 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

They love signing up average ex Jambos the just now don't they, first Mitchell and now Johnson and Mcallister. A managment team of 2 former Hearts players is pretty hilarious, even for Hibs.

Even average players like Johnson and McAllister won more with us than thier so called world beaters and hero's won with them hahahaha

John Findlay
7 minutes ago, ScottieMac17 said:

Even average players like Johnson and McAllister won more with us than thier so called world beaters and hero's won with them hahahaha

McAllister scored for Livingston when they beat Hibs 2-0 in a league cup final.

I'm sure the Hibs support will not have forgotten.

As others have said, the key problem is the squad of players.

Martin Boyle carried them for a couple of years. It's a big change of the playing squad needed. 

36 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Don't forget Mikey Stewart ... there have been numerous others since.

Oh, it could be that Johnson & McAllister might be 5th columnists. 🤭

9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

As others have said, the key problem is the squad of players.

Martin Boyle carried them for a couple of years. It's a big change of the playing squad needed. 

And yet they extended the contracts of a large number of them a few months ago

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

And yet they extended the contracts of a large number of them a few months ago

Hearts are the template for clever recruitment on the budget Hibs have.

Its never guaranteed and we still need better players. But they at least need 5 or 6 guys with experience of British football at a good level. 

They only really have Harry Clarke and Chris Cadden with maybe Henderson and Nisbet. They probably need up to 20 new players. 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Its never guaranteed and we still need better players. But they at least need 5 or 6 guys with experience of British football at a good level. 

They only really have Harry Clarke and Chris Cadden with maybe Henderson and Nisbet. They probably need up to 20 new players. 

Yes totally but they not only have a pile of total shite on long term contracts they also have a recruitment team that thought Chris Mueller and Ricky Bashiri were the answer

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Yes totally but they not only have a pile of total shite on long term contracts they also have a recruitment team that thought Chris Mueller and Ricky Bashiri were the answer

If Chris Meuller and Rocky were the answer, then what ... in the name of the wee man, was the question? 😆

colinmorewasgash
5 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

👌

SmartSelect_20220513-084722_Chrome.jpg

SmartSelect_20220513-084737_Chrome.jpg

All together now  Wee Lee Johnson canny ride the pepsi max.

buzzbomb1958
3 hours ago, Weebroon98 said:

Just making sure they don’t have to buy a new track suit he can wear wee Sean’s hand me downs

7 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

If Chris Meuller and Rocky were the answer, then what ... in the name of the wee man, was the question? 😆

They are like some failed experimental super hero duo that never got their mini series extended ……………. Blunder Bus and Owl Boy

colinmorewasgash

He said he was suffering Mental Health problems during mental Health Awareness Day since sacking from Mackems other day. To quote him.

First thing I want to do is actually invest a little bit of emotional capital back in the family. You know, it's so consuming the manager's job. My daughter is approaching 14-years-old.

"Effectively for 15 months, you know, 7:00 to 11:00 at night and pushing it hard. So the first thing is getting that balance to make sure that the family has adequate time."

What does the future hold? It's clear Johnson wants to return to management. But I'm in no rush just now that will come following a period of adjustment and a better work-life balance. 2 days later he's away to Hibs the biggest basket case most deluded club in football. Bizarre.

RustyRightPeg
29 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

what is the easiest and most expensive way to make a James hunt of your season? 

13 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

what is the easiest and most expensive way to make a James hunt of your season? 

Or a 'Sir Anthony', or maybe even a 'Jeremy'?

2 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Or a 'Sir Anthony', or maybe even a 'Jeremy'?

It is usually men who say that word ................... steady on Vicky do not just fart and blame it on the dog

53 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

What a load of pish you write, Doig, new goalie, Porteous plus a few others are good enough for our league, no team in league needs 20 odd players, and hibs certainly don't.

vegas-voss
24 minutes ago, colinmorewasgash said:

He said he was suffering Mental Health problems during mental Health Awareness Day since sacking from Mackems other day. To quote him.

First thing I want to do is actually invest a little bit of emotional capital back in the family. You know, it's so consuming the manager's job. My daughter is approaching 14-years-old.

"Effectively for 15 months, you know, 7:00 to 11:00 at night and pushing it hard. So the first thing is getting that balance to make sure that the family has adequate time."

What does the future hold? It's clear Johnson wants to return to management. But I'm in no rush just now that will come following a period of adjustment and a better work-life balance. 2 days later he's away to Hibs the biggest basket case most deluded club in football. Bizarre.

Typical manager chat really they all say the same 

Edit - not mental health part but the rest is fairly standard time with family etc , looking forward to time with them

Edited by vegas-voss

1 minute ago, Lfhearts said:

What a load of pish you write, Doig, new goalie, Porteous plus a few others are good enough for our league, no team in league needs 20 odd players, and hibs certainly don't.

You are such an angry and abusive person ................................................ do you have deeper issues

• davemclaren changed the title to Maloney / Hibs - Lee Johnson appointed ( Merged )