Maloney / Hibs - Lee Johnson appointed ( Merged )

jamboinglasgow

Riccarton3
3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

you do realise JDT left Malmo at the end of the Swedish season?

Have to say, I didn't know that. So out of touch. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Mikey1874

• Rudy T

• Wee Mikey

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

you do realise JDT left Malmo at the end of the Swedish season?

I had no idea of that either, surely he's holding out for a decent job, even Jurgen Norbert Klopp couldn't revive that lot! 

jambo-in-furness

My apologies as I have not read through the thread but,  as I understand it,  Johnson has already agreed terms, is that right? And JDT is still in talks yeah?

So,  if Johnson gets the job it’s because either JDT doesn’t want it or Ron the con can’t/won’t meet his price.

Therefore Hibs fans get the one they don’t want and Hibs have Hibsed it again,  disharmony on what’s left of the Lochend terraces awaits.

vegas-voss

All I want to know is if any of these managers teams play like Sevilla or Atleti cause of not surely it's a no go as Ron is a big admirer of both and wants Hibs to be just like them 🤣

Craig Herbertson

What about Dunga the Brazilian manager? Hasn't had a club for a while. Must have heard of Hibs style.

On 16/05/2022 at 19:58, Steak said:

Johnson announced tomorrow

Which tomorrow? :whistling:

Shooter McGavin

Lifted from hibs.net…

“What’s with all the Sunderland fans comparing Johnson to David Brent?🤣

“Bristol city fans I’ve spoke up have said the same. Bit of an oddball mid level office manager“

“Any enthusiasm I could muster for Hibs is completely gone with this appointment if true.
Disappointing and depressing.“

manaliveits105

Wait for it ......................................................................................................

Sean Maloney is taller :robboyas::gok::jjockio:

Edited by manaliveits105

The Treasurer

Looks like their huge list of top quality candidates actually consisted of a handful of out of work failed managers who wouldn't need compensation paid to their existing club

2 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Looks like their huge list of top quality candidates actually consisted of a handful of out of work failed managers who wouldn't need compensation paid to their existing club

And another ex Jambo….. bring it home Agents Lee and Jamie😂

Weebroon98

So JDT must have realised that ron the con was the hibs owner when he asked about the cup final and guaranteed european  football until xmas. Probably just looked at him and said " where's this lunatic  come from"

highlandjambo3

We’re now (once again) going to have to put up with their myth, delusion after delusion and hiberniflair until their first defeat, which I hope is their first game then it’s “normal service” resumed 😁

Ron won’t be prepared to pay any sort of compensation for whoever gets appointed. He’s still forking out for the last two incumbents and their coaches. That being the case it’ll undoubtedly be someone currently without a job. Johnson fits the bill for them perfectly. Available,  probably cheap and accepting of some “help” in deciding signings from the owner, and the fall guy midway through next season. The Hibs way.

The Treasurer
9 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

We’re now (once again) going to have to put up with their myth, delusion after delusion and hiberniflair until their first defeat, which I hope is their first game then it’s “normal service” resumed 😁

A wee close season game of "bullshit Bingo" is on the cards.

I'll start with :

Sleeping giant

Get the club back to where they belong (make your own mind up as to where that is).

Playing the hibs way

Challenging for honours

Massive club

I'm sure you can think of others that will be trotted out over the coming weeks

7 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I'll start with :

Sleeping giant

Get the club back to where they belong (make your own mind up as to where that is).

Playing the hibs way

Challenging for honours

Massive club

Giving fans what they deserve...

Biggest team in Edinburgh (lol)

1 hour ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Lifted from hibs.net…

“What’s with all the Sunderland fans comparing Johnson to David Brent?🤣

“Bristol city fans I’ve spoke up have said the same. Bit of an oddball mid level office manager“

“Any enthusiasm I could muster for Hibs is completely gone with this appointment if true.
Disappointing and depressing.“

:rofl:did not know the Brentian comparisons. Looking forward to see him do some blue sky thinking during a thought shower, pick up the low hanging fruit and run his ideas up the flagpole. 

9Z4.gif

Who was the guy that signed with Johnson and had equally few minutes? I thought it was Chris Halkett, but can't see anything on Google

manaliveits105
9 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I'll start with :

Sleeping giant

Playing the hibs way

Challenging for honours

Massive club

World class training barn 

Horatio Caine
4 minutes ago, lou said:

Who was the guy that signed with Johnson and had equally few minutes? I thought it was Chris Halkett, but can't see anything on Google

It was Chris Hackett.  Please don't mix him up with our current player.

5 minutes ago, lou said:

Think you're close... Chris Hackett?

Shooter McGavin
15 minutes ago, Zico said:

:rofl:did not know the Brentian comparisons. Looking forward to see him do some blue sky thinking during a thought shower, pick up the low hanging fruit and run his ideas up the flagpole. 

9Z4.gif

Yep, first day on the job he’ll need to assess the squad as a starter for ten, then he might need to circle back to it later…

If what the Sunderland fans are suggesting is correct, he’ll pick one style of play and stick to it, no matter how it’s panning out on the day.

Truly abiding by David Brents philosophy that “A good idea is a good idea forever.”

Johnson appears to have had millions to spend at Bristol and Sunderland.

He will know that Ron the con has at least 3 million sitting in his pocket, but will he see any of it?

Seemingly bought lots of dud signings, made a good profit off a couple of signings and he loves to single players out for blame after matches.

And he is another who never takes any blame.

It's going to be a wonderful dressing room.

August Landmesser

Big, fizzicul JM for assistant apparently too

Full name James Reynolds McAllister[1]
Date of birth 26 April 1978 (age 44)
Place of birth Glasgow, Scotland
Height 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)

52 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I'll start with :

Sleeping giant

Playing the hibs way

Challenging for honours

Massive club

Saw this on twitter😂

Screenshot_20220518_120152.jpg

Fxxx the SPFL
1 minute ago, Locky said:

Lee Johnson set to be named with Jamie McAlister as his assistant, as per Barry Anderson.

great another pepsi max song on it's way.

20 minutes ago, Mister T said:

Saw this on twitter😂

Screenshot_20220518_120152.jpg

Reminds me of the design for our local soft play venue for toddlers

31 minutes ago, Australis said:

Johnson appears to have had millions to spend at Bristol and Sunderland.

He will know that Ron the con has at least 3 million sitting in his pocket, but will he see any of it?

Seemingly bought lots of dud signings, made a good profit off a couple of signings and he loves to single players out for blame after matches.

And he is another who never takes any blame.

It's going to be a wonderful dressing room.

Whoever goes in there is going to need a clear out and replace with players who will improve them in just about every position. Johnson sounds a bit of a bully and that’s not going to go down well with the current crop.

Popcorn ordered - sacked by Christmas - Relegated.

RustyRightPeg

Johnson is a shocker. He’s done less than Hecky had during his time down south, what makes them think LJ will be an improvement?

davemclaren
1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Johnson is a shocker. He’s done less than Hecky had during his time down south, what makes them think LJ will be an improvement?

Wee Lee…as we used to call him. 

The Wrinkly Ninja

Is he the first Hibs manager to have played in an Edinburgh derby who has won more times than he has lost?

Nookie Bear
11 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Is he the first Hibs manager to have played in an Edinburgh derby who has won more times than he has lost?

Sauzee?

The Wrinkly Ninja
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Sauzee?

Oh aye. Forgot about him.

Is Johnson the first Hibs manager who hasn’t smashed a crystal decanter and who has played in an Edinburgh derby and won more times than he has lost?

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Oh aye. Forgot about him.

Is Johnson the first Hibs manager who hasn’t smashed a crystal decanter and who has played in an Edinburgh derby and won more times than he has lost?

He is.

another first!

Bungalow Bill

Bizarre recruitment if Johnson is appointed. Can see them looking for a new manager at Christmas, tremendous. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Maloney / Hibs - Lee Johnson appointed ( Merged )