Europa league/conference 22/23 - Zurich v Hearts

mickycameron98

2 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Do you honestly think that pocketing £10-20m from a CL campaign helps the game become more competitive? the answer of course is no.  If they never had that sort of income would it be more competitive? perhaps, maybe. 

Aye it’s just no fair the big boys eating all the sweeties. This has been going on for over 50 years. Personally as long as Hearts are the best they can be and we win the Odd trophy, I don’t worry a huge amount about something that can’t be controlled. If I cared that much about the huge void and how unfair it all seems to be to some folk I’d follow another sport, one with a level playing field. It’s un fixable and I don’t really care

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Heartsmad1874

• JimmyCant

• hughesie27

5 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

So we're supposed to be grateful that your mob can potentially pocket upwards of £15m from a half successful CL campaign whilst Hearts pocket maybe £3m from a EL or ConfL group campaign.  Aye, that'll help us get closer to the OF.   FFS.

You taking the piss now CB, when was the last time my team had a half successful run in the Champions League. 

The Treasurer
1 minute ago, Largo said:

Sorry Treasurer but it's not a closed shop, season 21/21 you finish in the two top you get a crack at the Champions League ..Simples 

The arse cheeks ensure that they will finish one and two, with no chance for anyone else allowed, therefore it is a closed shop 

2 minutes ago, Largo said:

You taking the piss now CB, when was the last time my team had a half successful run in the Champions League. 

Never.

Chuck Berry
4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Aye it’s just no fair the big boys eating all the sweeties. This has been going on for over 50 years. Personally as long as Hearts are the best they can be and we win the Odd trophy, I don’t worry a huge amount about something that can’t be controlled. If I cared that much about the huge void and how unfair it all seems to be to some folk I’d follow another sport, one with a level playing field. It’s un fixable and I don’t really care

If it's unfixable, why would we want them to increase the gap? your logic makes absolutely no sense unless you want the game to become even more noncompetitive than it is now. 

Edited by Chuck Berry

Chuck Berry
3 minutes ago, Largo said:

Do you not understand the point?   why are you even on here.

1 minute ago, Chuck Berry said:

Do you not understand the point?   why are you even on here.

I was actually being flippant about the horrendous record my team has in the CL, I actually enjoy some banter with the decent lads on here but like all forums it also has it's roasters .🎣 

Spitonastranger
8 minutes ago, Largo said:

Give yourself a chance you have only been going for about 10 years 

Chuck Berry
2 minutes ago, Largo said:

I was actually being flippant about the horrendous record my team has in the CL, I actually enjoy some banter with the decent lads on here but like all forums it also has it's roasters .🎣 

Aye you'd better look in the mirror, coming on here greeting why we're not interested in supporting your ten year old club. Bizarre behaviour.

2 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Aye you'd better look in the mirror, coming on here greeting why we're not interested in supporting your ten year old club. Bizarre behaviour.

Hey I'm not greeting my friend, but if want to continue being a Turkey voting for Christmas you fill yer boots .....

Chuck Berry
6 minutes ago, Largo said:

Hey I'm not greeting my friend, but if want to continue being a Turkey voting for Christmas you fill yer boots .....

LOL, I think you're best going back to where you came from and stop trying to tell Hearts fans who or who not to support. Typical OF arrogance on full display.

Ricardo Quaresma

Does anyone know how much money the mhanks get, if rangers reach CL GS?

Also, how much each get if rangers don't reach CL GS?

Chuck Berry
3 hours ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Pure guesswork but i reckon once Champions League Round 2 is done this is how the Europa League QR3 will look.

Zalgiris v Pyunik

Shamrock Rovers v Shkupi

Linfield v Zurich

Maccabi Haifa v Slovan Bratislava

Maribor v HJK Helsinki

AEK Larnaca v Partizan

Dynamo Kyiv v Slovacko

I wondered why your predictions were the complete opposite of mine, then realised duh, it's the losers who we're looking at for EL, not the winners of the ties.  Looks a whole lot better!

joondalupjambo
1 hour ago, Largo said:

Unsure of what TV money your talking about, imo the monies should be split between the teams who are playing and all clubs in SPL giving a minimum number of home games.

If your talking Euro tv monies surely you don't think you get a hand out for not qualifying 

No the league and cup money.  The deals are poor and badly split.  To be honest OF might be happy with a rubbish local deal because they have Euro money all to themselves, huge supports and a host of other income sources. By keeping any benefits from all other clubs it keeps them on the top of the pile.  I understand the tactics but it leaves the rest of the club's with little chance of success.  It has got worse over the last year's and I cannot see change coming.  Hearts getting third and a cup win is great under the current set up.

42 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

LOL, I think you're best going back to where you came from and stop trying to tell Hearts fans who or who not to support. Typical OF arrogance on full display.

Your starting to make things up now !!!

When are you going to realise that we need all teams to progress to keep coefficient numbers up, but you 

crack on and hate yourself to death .

Care to explain my telling of anyone who and who not to support 😝

20 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Does anyone know how much money the mhanks get, if rangers reach CL GS?

Also, how much each get if rangers don't reach CL GS?

Can't be bothered working it all out exactly but based on last years figures each would get €15.64m for reaching the group stage and another few million euros based on their coefficient over the last 10 years compared to the other group stage participants (Celtic would get more than Rangers for this as they have a higher coefficient). 

If they both reached the group stage they'd split the TV money between them. There's not really any way of knowing how much that is but it'll be another few million euros. If Rangers don't make the groups Celtic take the whole lot. So you're looking at anything from €20-25m before they've even kicked a ball. 

If Rangers don't make the CL Groups they'll get similar to us in the EL - probably around €5m. They'll get a bit more as they have a higher coefficient than us and if they drop down from the CL Playoff round they get a €5m parachute payment on top. Them dropping down would also reduce the money we make from TV deal if we get into the EL groups as we'd have to split it with them.

3 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

Can't be bothered working it all out exactly but based on last years figures each would get €15.64m for reaching the group stage and another few million euros based on their coefficient over the last 10 years compared to the other group stage participants (Celtic would get more than Rangers for this as they have a higher coefficient). 

If they both reached the group stage they'd split the TV money between them. There's not really any way of knowing how much that is but it'll be another few million euros. If Rangers don't make the groups Celtic take the whole lot. So you're looking at anything from €20-25m before they've even kicked a ball. 

If Rangers don't make the CL Groups they'll get similar to us in the EL - probably around €5m. They'll get a bit more as they have a higher coefficient than us and if they drop down from the CL Playoff round they get a €5m parachute payment on top. Them dropping down would also reduce the money we make from TV deal if we get into the EL groups as we'd have to split it with them.

1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Call me petty, but I'd rather see Rangers and Celtic pumped every Euro game they play, no matter the co-efficient benefits

This is where I'm at. The money they earn from Europe makes me want  them pumped every time.

Quick question lads , would you still rather Rangers lost in the CL and reduce the amount of money that HMFC can earn for the TV pot ?

10 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Sevco can go and take a **** at themselves and their supporters.

And what debating society do you to , please do pray tell 🤣

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, Largo said:

They haven't ever.

Your old club, the one you let die, did but quite a long time ago. 

14 minutes ago, Largo said:

Call me petty, but I'd rather see Rangers and Celtic pumped every Euro game they play, no matter the co-efficient benefits

This is where I'm at. The money they earn from Europe makes me want  them pumped every time.

Quick question lads , would you still rather Rangers lost in the CL and reduce the amount of money that HMFC can earn for the TV pot ?

It's not always about the money. In fact, for some it's never about the money.  And I completely understand that. 

11 minutes ago, Largo said:

Genuinely don't care either way.

Scotlands share of the TV pot is so small that we're probably only talking a drop to Hearts of ~£500k in the EL if we're both in the groups. 

I'd rather neither OF club had access to the money in the CL but equally I recognise there is some benefit to the league as a whole in terms of prestige and to the national team with players being tested at a higher level. For the coefficient I actually think we'd be better served by having one of the OF in the EL Groups as they're more likely to pick up wins. 

Basically, I'll have a chuckle if either of the OF lose games or get papped out but as with your run to the EL final I'll recognise decent achievements for what they are. 

Heartsmad1874
3 hours ago, That thing you do said:

Tuzla City (Bosnia) or AZ Alkmaar (Netherlands) for United.

Tough but winnable

You'd imagine AZ Alkmaar would demolish Dundee Utd and should Motherwell progress they'd be thrashed if they were to play Sparta Prague.

2 hours ago, Norm said:

But, crucially, they didn't need to get those results in the far more lucrative Champions League. Let them get those results in the Europa. 

Correct, Norm.

Seems this fact, because that’s what  it is, is still being ignored.

Sevco got Scotland a good few points last season. And won **** all !

Cheers. Hearts will benefit from that. 

👍

Watt-Zeefuik
3 hours ago, Boab said:

Yes, Norm, you are correct. Let the OF get royally stuffed in the CL, drop to the EL/ECL and pick up some coefficient points there…before getting stuffed !

It’s only fair !

👍

33 minutes ago, Largo said:

I'm generally hoping for all of the worst things to happen to The Rangers—a straight relegation on points from the SPFL while watching Celtic win 15 in a row would be hilarious frankly—but for this year since Celtic are already guaranteed the group spot, I'd prefer them both to make the CL GS and get collect the qualification points and split the TV pot. Since there's little we can do to keep the TV money bonanza from flooding into the top end of the table, it might as well be split between the two.

It's likely a bit of a long shot for Hearts to make the UEL group stages but yes, I'd far prefer we got the TV pool money all to ourselves for that, even if for this year that means more cash for the rungers.

Watt-Zeefuik
10 minutes ago, Boab said:

Correct, Norm.

Seems this fact, because that’s what  it is, is still being ignored.

Sevco got Scotland a good few points last season. And won **** all !

Cheers. Hearts will benefit from that. 

👍

There's 4 club coefficient points granted for just making the UCL GS. So just in terms of the coefficient interest, they'd have to win two more games in the UEL GS than they would otherwise in the UCL GS to achieve the same coefficient.

I can't quite bring myself to wish them well this season but the possible benefit to Hearts has at least made me almost neutral in the matter.

Chuck Berry
1 hour ago, Largo said:

Your starting to make things up now !!!

When are you going to realise that we need all teams to progress to keep coefficient numbers up, but you 

crack on and hate yourself to death .

Care to explain my telling of anyone who and who not to support 😝

You just did, the bit in bold.  What am I making up, explain?  you're having a mare.

20 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

There's 4 club coefficient points granted for just making the UCL GS. So just in terms of the coefficient interest, they'd have to win two more games in the UEL GS than they would otherwise in the UCL GS to achieve the same coefficient.

I can't quite bring myself to wish them well this season but the possible benefit to Hearts has at least made me almost neutral in the matter.

The grown up view. It isnt about actively supporting one of those two monsters but in a league that is cripplingly dull and with the chance of a Scottish Cup win potentially 1 in every 5 years for us (at best) the only variety is Europe.

And Europe isn't Wales, Malta then out. Europe is the big teams at Tynie. Guaranteed away trips.

Anyone old enough to remember the late 80s run in Europe will still remember nearly all of those games way more than many games we won last year to get to 3rd, many games we won in 05/06 to get to 2nd.

Europe is part of the few joys we only sometimes get as Hearts fans. This year we are getting 8 games guaranteed because of (i) our own efforts last year, and (ii) the results of the arse cheeks for the past 5 years.

I won't support them but I am also neutral. As a club we need to get group stage European fixtures most seasons to grow. We will not do that unless at least 2 or 3 clubs in Scotland are doing well in Europe.

And when it comes to it I would rather no-one below us was benefiting from a good European run so it comes down to those two.

Edited by Jammy T

2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

The real "game changing" money is only made in the CL. 

The arse cheeks, aided by the corrupt system in this country, ensure that this is a closed shop. 

In a nutshell 👏👏👏

Hope they get pumped , no support from me

Watt-Zeefuik
13 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

The grown up view. It isnt about actively supporting one of those two monsters but in a league that is cripplingly dull and with the chance of a Scottish Cup win potentially 1 in every 5 years for us (at best) the only variety is Europe.

And Europe isn't Wales, Malta then out. Europe is the big teams at Tynie. Guaranteed away trips.

Anyone old enough to remember the late 80s run in Europe will still remember nearly all of those games way more than many games we won last year to get to 3rd, many games we won in 05/06 to get to 2nd.

Europe is part of the few joys we only sometimes get as Hearts fans. This year we are getting 8 games guaranteed because of (i) our own efforts last year, and (ii) the results of the arse cheeks for the past 5 years.

I won't support them but I am also neutral. As a club we need to get group stage European fixtures most seasons to grow. We will not do that unless at least 2 or 3 clubs in Scotland are doing well in Europe.

And when it comes to it I would rather no-one below us was benefiting from a good European run so it comes down to those two.

If Hearts can become the third team in Scotland that regularly provides contributions to the coefficient, then it becomes entirely reasonable to wish ill on the OF in Europe.  This season I'm sitting on my hands though.

If Scotland make it up to 6th, which would effectively require us getting 6-8 coefficient points per season, the third place spot turns into what Rangers have now—two games to get to the UCL group stages and guaranteed UEL group stages otherwise.

2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

The real "game changing" money is only made in the CL. 

The arse cheeks, aided by the corrupt system in this country, ensure that this is a closed shop. 

Hogwash. Regular UEL group stage qualification has been a significant factor in the OF keeping the rest of Scotland at a distance for decades now.  Regular UEL group stage qualification for us could effectively double our revenue. If used wisely, we would soon routinely have well over double the revenue of any other non-OF Scottish club, rather than being the third largest in revenue by a scant nose as we are now. That would be a completely different position than we've ever been in. Game changing.

50 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

The point I, and I think Norm, was making is Scotland can have a decent haul of coefficient points each season with the CL representatives bounced out at the earliest opportunity. 
Of course, as the total stays high, at least one club will have an initial huge pay day in the groups. Nothing can be done about that but they don’t need to progress in the CL for Hearts to benefit quite significantly..as we will see this season.

Watt-Zeefuik
6 minutes ago, Boab said:

The point I, and I think Norm, was making is Scotland can have a decent haul of coefficient points each season with the CL representatives bounced out at the earliest opportunity. 
Of course, as the total stays high, at least one club will have an initial huge pay day in the groups. Nothing can be done about that but they don’t need to progress in the CL for Hearts to benefit quite significantly..as we will see this season.

In general, yes, but if by some chance we make the EL group stages this season, because of the very odd rules about how the TV money is disbursed, it's a significant boon to us if we're there by ourselves. As in, possibly an additional £3-4m in revenue for us.

The Treasurer
6 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

In general, yes, but if by some chance we make the EL group stages this season, because of the very odd rules about how the TV money is disbursed, it's a significant boon to us if we're there by ourselves. As in, possibly an additional £3-4m in revenue for us.

£3-4m for us as opposed to £30m to the arse cheeks. 

Aye that will really help close the gap 

Watt-Zeefuik
3 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

£3-4m for us as opposed to £30m to the arse cheeks. 

Aye that will really help close the gap 

The arse cheeks are going to be out of our range for a few seasons yet regardless. Job #1 for us is breaking from the pack. Then we worry about them.

It's ridiculously easy to waste insane amounts of money in today's football. Rangers and Celtic have both had periods in the past where they took major steps backwards. We're not ready to take advantage right now anyway.

3 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

Just be one of the decent lads on here and rim him for being Rangers 

The Treasurer
8 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

The arse cheeks are going to be out of our range for a few seasons yet regardless. Job #1 for us is breaking from the pack. Then we worry about them.

It's ridiculously easy to waste insane amounts of money in today's football. Rangers and Celtic have both had periods in the past where they took major steps backwards. We're not ready to take advantage right now anyway.

The introduction of the CL has ruined football in most countries, not just Scotland. 

Most leagues in Europe, including the "fantastic" EPL, are dominated by the same few teams who are almost guaranteed CL football every season 

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, Led Tasso said:

If Hearts can become the third team in Scotland that regularly provides contributions to the coefficient, then it becomes entirely reasonable to wish ill on the OF in Europe.  This season I'm sitting on my hands though.

If Scotland make it up to 6th, which would effectively require us getting 6-8 coefficient points per season, the third place spot turns into what Rangers have now—two games to get to the UCL group stages and guaranteed UEL group stages otherwise.

Hogwash. Regular UEL group stage qualification has been a significant factor in the OF keeping the rest of Scotland at a distance for decades now.  Regular UEL group stage qualification for us could effectively double our revenue. If used wisely, we would soon routinely have well over double the revenue of any other non-OF Scottish club, rather than being the third largest in revenue by a scant nose as we are now. That would be a completely different position than we've ever been in. Game changing.

6th place has over the last several years had a total 5 year coefficient in the region of 50-55 points. That would mean our 5 clubs in Europe would need to average 10-11 points per season. They averaged 7.9 last season with sevco getting to a final.  Having 3 clubs guaranteed group stage football helps but realistically, we're only going to get to 6th in the rankings if we've got at least two teams doing well every year (progressing from the group stage at minimum), and probably at least 3 teams some years. 

I do still tend to hope the arsecheeks do badly, and take great pleasure in seeing it when it happens, but the reality is there's much more chance of us eventually getting a shot at Champions League qualifying if the two of them do well.

Edited by FarmerTweedy

Watt-Zeefuik
1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

The introduction of the CL has ruined football in most countries, not just Scotland. 

Most leagues in Europe, including the "fantastic" EPL, are dominated by the same few teams who are almost guaranteed CL football every season 

When I first started following European football 15 years ago or so, I was told that the CL had so ruined the EPL that the "Big Four" of Arsenal, Liverpool, United, and Chelsea would effectively never relinquish the CL.

The last time that particular foursome represented England was in 2009. More often than not, it's been only two of those four.

Oh, also, the European money meant no one other than Barça or Real would finish 1-2 in La Liga, which has now happened two of the last five years. Somehow, despite having two CL spots, the Eredivisie swaps those places around on the regular between 3-4 clubs. Yes, Ajax and PSV get the most, but they don't have a headlock on it as the OF do.

It hurts to say, but the single biggest explanation for the OF's dominance, after the SPFL/SFA's complicity in reinforcing it, is the dysfunction of the clubs in a geographic draw with enough potential draw to get close to them: us and Hibs.

17 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

When I first started following European football 15 years ago or so, I was told that the CL had so ruined the EPL that the "Big Four" of Arsenal, Liverpool, United, and Chelsea would effectively never relinquish the CL.

The last time that particular foursome represented England was in 2009. More often than not, it's been only two of those four.

Oh, also, the European money meant no one other than Barça or Real would finish 1-2 in La Liga, which has now happened two of the last five years. Somehow, despite having two CL spots, the Eredivisie swaps those places around on the regular between 3-4 clubs. Yes, Ajax and PSV get the most, but they don't have a headlock on it as the OF do.

It hurts to say, but the single biggest explanation for the OF's dominance, after the SPFL/SFA's complicity in reinforcing it, is the dysfunction of the clubs in a geographic draw with enough potential draw to get close to them: us and Hibs.

I would bet that none of the other leagues have such a big difference of spending than the old firm have with the rest of us 

i wish jj was my dad
5 hours ago, Largo said:

I totally get were you are coming from, but lets look at the big picture. You want your team to be competing for the big prizes or you want to continue as an also ran. Yes HMFC finished a credible third in the league last season  but you were closer  by points to St Johnstone in the relegation play off place than the team above you in the league. To improve any  squad money is required and the Europe is were this is generated .

But you crack on and be petty regarding Scottish teams in Europe but don't moan when you don't get there.

If we were looking at the big picture the GFA, weegia, SKY, BBC and the bigots would not stack the deck. We would welcome rather than nobble the competition in this country. But rather than try and promote and sell a competitive product we restrict ourselves to showcasing two horrible, disgusting institutions who actively encourage bigotry and hatred because that's what makes them 'unique'. 

So, I hope they both get ridden dry. Every time. 

3 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

I'm generally hoping for all of the worst things to happen to The Rangers—a straight relegation on points from the SPFL while watching Celtic win 15 in a row would be hilarious frankly—but for this year since Celtic are already guaranteed the group spot, I'd prefer them both to make the CL GS and get collect the qualification points and split the TV pot. Since there's little we can do to keep the TV money bonanza from flooding into the top end of the table, it might as well be split between the two.

It's likely a bit of a long shot for Hearts to make the UEL group stages but yes, I'd far prefer we got the TV pool money all to ourselves for that, even if for this year that means more cash for the rungers.

FFS

There's wishing I'll on the OF then there's this.

15 in a row?

How does that help Scottish football?

Watt-Zeefuik
11 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I would bet that none of the other leagues have such a big difference of spending than the old firm have with the rest of us 

Certainly very few have such a narrow gap in spending between a relegated team and the third placed team, followed by such a jump.  Why is that? Why is Twente, hardly from a big city, so much closer to Ajax?

A lot of it is the SPFL and the refusal to market anything other than the OF derby as desirable. A small amount of it is the gap between the CL and EL, but as mentioned, the OF have spent far more time in the EL group stages in the last decade than they have in the CL.

But a lot of it is that there's a limited number of cities with enough people to directly challenge the OF, and that means either a third Glasgow team or an Edinburgh team, or possibly Aberdeen.

In the 70s, we were catatonic. In the 80s, we were rebuilding, but made a good go of it. In the 90s, we had another go. In the aughts, we were a dysfunctional mess. In the teens, we were coming back from near death.

In the 70s, Hibs were Hibs. In the 80s, they were Hibs. In the 90s, they were Hibs. In the aughts, they were Hibs. Shockingly, last decade they were yet again Hibs.

We have been our own worst enemy for much of the past half century. Progressing the right way with a strong foundation, we not only *can* close the gap, it's *likely* that we will.

1 minute ago, Hmfc1965 said:

FFS

There's wishing I'll on the OF then there's this.

15 in a row?

How does that help Scottish football?

I was mostly just saying that to needle Largo a bit, as he's a Rangers fan defending how good it is for "the OF" to do well. Great for Celtic to be dominant too, then, eh?

Totally hypothetically, if that were to happen, the suits would need a new rival for Celtic to bum up and we'd be first on the list, so it'd probably be good for Hearts in the long run. But it's all just silly talk anyway.

My guesses at the teams we could potentially face

Champions path

Žalgiris (LTU) / Malmö FF (SWE) vs Pyunik (ARM) / Diddeleng (LUX)
Ludogorets (BUL) / Shamrock Rovers (IRL) vs Dinamo Zagreb (CRO) / Shkupi (MKD)
Linfield (NIR) / Bodø/Glimt (NOR) vs Qarabağ (AZE) / Zürich (SUI)
Maccabi Haifa (ISR) / Olympiacos (GRE) vs Ferencváros (HUN) / Slovan Bratislava (SVK)
Maribor (SVN) / Sheriff (MDA) vs HJK Helsinki (FIN) / Viktoria Plzeň (CZE)

The ten teams eliminated from the Champions League Champions path second qualifying round will contest the Europa League Champions path third qualifying round.

Main path

Midtjylland (DEN) / AEK Larnaca (CYP) vs Partizan (SRB)
Dynamo Kyiv (UKR) / Fenerbahçe (TUR) vs Slovácko (CZE)

The two sides eliminated from the Champions League second qualifying round (League path) will join two teams entering in the Europa League third qualifying round (Main path). The automatic entrants – Partizan and Slovácko – were seeded.

That thing you do
5 hours ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

You'd imagine AZ Alkmaar would demolish Dundee Utd and should Motherwell progress they'd be thrashed if they were to play Sparta Prague.

Depends which AZ turns up.

Its a hard fixture thats for sure. Can see United winning at home 2-1 or 3-2 then a 2 or 3-0 away defeat.

17 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

Yip. 
A lot of clubs got themselves in bother in the past trying to keep up with them. Best not to repeat those mistakes. We are on an upward trajectory. We don’t need to break the bank to compete. See where we are in two or three years but for now keep looking to strengthen.

Had a quick look at the benefits of a better coefficient, and it seems even if we get above the Dutch(which is highly unlikely) we’d still only get 3 guaranteed European spots, and only one in the champs league.

Any higher than that is never going to happen, and it would only be then that we’d see significant benefits for the league.

We do however need to make sure we don’t drop down or else we’d possibly lose the automatic 3rd European spot. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
12 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Had a quick look at the benefits of a better coefficient, and it seems even if we get above the Dutch(which is highly unlikely) we’d still only get 3 guaranteed European spots, and only one in the champs league.

Any higher than that is never going to happen, and it would only be then that we’d see significant benefits for the league.

We do however need to make sure we don’t drop down or else we’d possibly lose the automatic 3rd European spot. 

It’s just a shame that 3rd spot is more tied to the cup than league finish.

Unlikely we are going to keep on getting to cup finals every year.

Imagine a year ago St Johnstone getting to automatic group stages…

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

21 hours ago, Largo said:

We will continue to support any team against the vile institution that is the rangers. A club built on, and living off, bigotry. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Europa league/conference 22/23 - Zurich v Hearts