• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Heartsmad1874

• JimmyCant

• hughesie27

3 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Wikipedia had originally gone with the 1st in their draw/matches schedule, in a different sub section it says its the 2nd August 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Straight from the horse's mouth (bottom of the page)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/news/0271-142f45064923-bb3ec4d78f88-1000--2022-23-uefa-europa-league-matches-draws-final/amp/

• davemclaren changed the title to Europa league/conference 22/23 - draws 2/8 and 26/8
Harry Potter
9 hours ago, davemclaren said:

In any cup tournament I hope to play against shite teams. 

This 100%, you want to progress as far as possible, the glamour comes in the semis and final🙂.

The Hogfather
6 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Qarabag will probably pump  FC Zurich

They play like they get told they're getting shot if they lose :rofl:

I dunno, I remember Qarabag seriously struggling against Linfield a couple of years back. Either way, I don’t fancy a trip to Azerbaijan. 

Heartsmad1874
2 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

I dunno, I remember Qarabag seriously struggling against Linfield a couple of years back. Either way, I don’t fancy a trip to Azerbaijan. 

They beat Aberdeen 4-1 on aggregate last year in the Conference. 

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, The Hogfather said:

Have they still got the same coach? Think he was national team coach too

Don't fancy getting them either, they have a co-efficient of over 24, because they always win their league, I think

Heartsmad1874
3 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Don't fancy getting them either, they have a co-efficient of over 24, because they always win their league, I think

I don't want to play them purely because trying to arrange flights to Baku with couple weeks notice is going to cost a pretty penny 🤣

The Hogfather
3 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

They beat Aberdeen 4-1 on aggregate last year in the Conference. 

Aberdeen were a basket case last season so who knows how we’d fare against them. 

2 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

No idea about the coach. I just don’t want to have to fly all the way out there :laugh:

hmfc_liam06
10 hours ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Champions Path

Ferencvaros v Slovan Bratislava

Dinamo Zagreb v Shkupi

Qarabag v  FC Zurich

Linfield v Bodo-Glimt

Zalgiris v Malmo

HJK Helsinki v Plzen

Ludogorets Razgrad v Shamrock Rovers

NK Maribor v Sheriff Tiraspol

Maccabi Haifa v Olympiacos

Pyunik v Dudelange 91

League Path

Dynamo Kyiv v Fenerbahce

Midtjylland v AEK Larnaca

Thats the confirmed draw for Champions League Second Round. 12 losers from the fixtures above drop to Europa League QR3, 2 losers from the League Path section will be in the 3rd round draw League section alongside Partizan and Slovacko. Champions Path teams drawn against each other, open draw - no seeding. The draw for the Europa League Third Round is made next Monday (18th July) As the Champions League QR2 progresses we'll be able to gauge what teams will drop down to the Europa League and possibly face us come the play off round.

So we can only draw Champions Path sides or Partizan/Slovacko?

Heartsmad1874
4 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

So we can only draw Champions Path sides or Partizan/Slovacko?

Yeah 5 of those Champions Path teams will end up in the Play off round and the losers from the two League Path games (Dynamo Kyiv v Fenerbahce and Midtjylland v AEK Larnaca) drop down to join Partizan and Slovacko in Europa QR3. The winners of those two games also advance to play off round

Draw for 3rd round in Europa is on Monday.

Edited by Heartsmad1874

8 hours ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

I don't want to play them purely because trying to arrange flights to Baku with couple weeks notice is going to cost a pretty penny 🤣

Even with plenty notice, cheapest return flights are 700+ and usually involve at least 2 different airlines each way

Jambos_1874
9 hours ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Yeah 5 of those Champions Path teams will end up in the Play off round and the losers from the two League Path games (Dynamo Kyiv v Fenerbahce and Midtjylland v AEK Larnaca) drop down to join Partizan and Slovacko in Europa QR3. The winners of those two games also advance to play off round

Draw for 3rd round in Europa is on Monday.

OK so for avoidance if doubt, we need to keep an eye on Monday's draw to see our first fixture? Just want to make sure I can take advantage of cheaper flights/accommodation!

48 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Even with plenty notice, cheapest return flights are 700+ and usually involve at least 2 different airlines each way

Not just for that match/destination. Even having a quick look at Skyscanner for some of our possible destinations the flights will be very expensive.

Heartsmad1874
3 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

OK so for avoidance if doubt, we need to keep an eye on Monday's draw to see our first fixture? Just want to make sure I can take advantage of cheaper flights/accommodation!

Not just for that match/destination. Even having a quick look at Skyscanner for some of our possible destinations the flights will be very expensive.

Monday gives us an idea of what the Third Round of Europa league is gonna look like. Our draw is 2 weeks later but even then our opponent isn't fully confirmed until 11th August, qualifiers are a nightmare for trying to book travel etc. 

As the Champions League 2nd round progresses next week and the week after we'll be able to see what teams are likely to go out.

We definitely want all the favourites to win and teams like Shkupi and Zalgiris to drop down to Europa.

Edited by Heartsmad1874

Heartsmad1874
1 hour ago, Ribble said:

Planning to do all 4 trips but a trip to Baku would take a serious dent in the funds required for a European adventure.

Jambos_1874
15 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Planning to do all 4 trips but a trip to Baku would take a serious dent in the funds required for a European adventure.

Same. Imagine if we got beyond the group stage! I'd end up remortgaging the house and/or selling a kidney.

Ann Budge should charter a few Learjets for the loyal fans, otherwise Budge oot!

Watt-Zeefuik
19 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

Yip, a wee bit of glamour doesn't go amiss though.

19 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Sod glamour, we’re here to win. 😎

Realistically ideal situation IMO is to draw utter shite in the playoff round, make the UEL group stages, draw two glamour teams along with another utter shite team. Bag a famous win against a glamour side at Tynecastle, take four points at least off the shite team, sail into the UECL knockout round and be playing European football after Christmas.

:rudiyas:

Edited by Led Tasso

How likely are we to be at home for the 1st leg ? Is it down to seeding or luck of the draw ? I haven't got time to read the whole thread in case this has already been answered 

Heartsmad1874
6 minutes ago, jcjambo81 said:

How likely are we to be at home for the 1st leg ? Is it down to seeding or luck of the draw ? I haven't got time to read the whole thread in case this has already been answered 

50/50. Normally the team drawn first is at home but UEFA can change it due to city/country protection.

We'll surely find out in the hours following the draw which is on the 2nd, so not much time to book travel/time off work when our opponent is confirmed for definite on the 11th.

Edited by Heartsmad1874

Rick Sanchez

Motherwell draw Sligo Rovers. We've been linked with their goalkeeper Ed McGinty. Aidan Keena also plays for them.

Heartsmad1874
7 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

No trains on 18th August and likely still to be reduced internal flights in UK.

Yeah its going to be extremely stressful for many to book last minute with not that many options and even still theres a risk to it. Good luck to that poster trying to sort out a private charter.

Think the club might have major demand for theirs if they can get one.

Seaside Dave

Give us linfield and you can all come to mine for BBQ and beers before the game 😎😎

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, Seaside Dave said:

Give us linfield and you can all come to mine for BBQ and beers before the game 😎😎

You might regret this. 🥸

1 hour ago, Seaside Dave said:

Screenshotted this as I think we may well get them. 

periodictabledancer
13 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

No trains on 18th August and likely still to be reduced internal flights in UK.

The restrictions announced by Heathrow turn out to be not legally enforceable and some airlines may refuse to cooperate. Emirates for one is refusing to cooperate and there may be more on the way. English schools breakup next week so it'll be interesting to see how it plays out. 

39 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

The restrictions announced by Heathrow turn out to be not legally enforceable and some airlines may refuse to cooperate. Emirates for one is refusing to cooperate and there may be more on the way. English schools breakup next week so it'll be interesting to see how it plays out. 

The Kaiser Chiefs had a song about it !

👍

Tom Hardy’s Dug
57 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Even without the restrictions in place airlines are cancelling a tonne of flights off their own backs. BA and EasyJet at the top of the heap.

Watt-Zeefuik
1 hour ago, ModJambo said:

Found this on reddit: 

That's one of the best illustrations of this I've ever seen. I wish I were better at identifying club badges.

Heartsmad1874
15 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Is there any chance that we can draw Bodo Gimp? 

Yes, however they'd have to lose to Linfield for them to even drop into Europa. 

If that were to happen they'd drop into Qualifying Round Three, one round away from potentially facing us.

It would be a disaster of a trip though so its a no from me🤣

Edited by Heartsmad1874

Dick Dastardly
2 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

If that were to happen they'd drop into Qualifying Round Three, one round away from potentially facing us.

Cheers. 

15 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Piece of piss. EDI-BOO via Oslo. Out 17th august, back 19th. £300. Quite a bit less painful than Baku

Edited by JimmyCant

2 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Is there any chance that we can draw Bodo Gimp? 

Yeah can still draw them.

I would want to avoid them in the play-off personally.

20 minutes ago, SCFHearts said:

Seen Hearts all over the gaff so would love to play a team from Wales just to tick it off

Very unlikely now this season unless TNS or Newtown make it through 3 rounds of qualifying for the UECL and we parachute 

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Very unlikely now this season unless TNS or Newtown make it through 3 rounds of qualifying for the UECL and we parachute 

Cheers, always next yr though😀

7 minutes ago, SCFHearts said:

Cheers, always next yr though😀

Not for me. mixing it with Welsh league teams isn’t where we’d want to be really. Fairly high chance we could be in one of the Irelands at some point this season though

Edited by JimmyCant

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Not for me. mixing it with Welsh league teams isn’t where we’d want to be really. 

It was  infancy rounds i was talking about , baby steps Jimmy

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Dundee United only 2 ties/4 games away from groups.

I presume their seeding will be pish or is it unseeded?

1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Dundee United only 2 ties/4 games away from groups.

I presume their seeding will be pish or is it unseeded?

Their co-efficient will be exactly the same as ours. We’d both be on the cusp of Pot 3/4, depends on how many teams with lesser co-efficient than us qualify for the groups and there’s a lot of teams in the UECL with less co-efficient points than the 2 of us. Motherwell also have the same co-efficient points

Both Motherwell and UTD will likely be seeded in Q3 but probably not in Q4. We can’t be drawn against them if we and they are in the groups stages

Edited by JimmyCant

Seaside Dave
16 hours ago, davemclaren said:

You might regret this. 🥸

More than welcome bud ❤️

7 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Their co-efficient will be exactly the same as ours. We’d both be on the cusp of Pot 3/4, depends on how many teams with lesser co-efficient than us qualify for the groups and there’s a lot of teams in the UECL with less co-efficient points than the 2 of us. Motherwell also have the same co-efficient points

Both Motherwell and UTD will likely be seeded in Q3 but probably not in Q4. We can’t be drawn against them if we and they are in the groups stages

Incorrect, Dundee Utd and Motherwell likely to be unseeded in Q3.

https://kassiesa.net/uefa/seedecl2022.html

2 hours ago, Flimsy said:

Incorrect, Dundee Utd and Motherwell likely to be unseeded in Q3.

https://kassiesa.net/uefa/seedecl2022.html

Maybe not ‘likely’ as I said but it’s certainly highly possible. The list you linked to is almost all speculation and assumption about who will actually be in Q3. The reality of who will be there is markedly different. It’s in the balance if anything 

A few seasons back we made it into a seeded list by the skin of our teeth because of unexpected results for teams seeded above us

Edited by JimmyCant

FarmerTweedy
6 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Maybe not ‘likely’ as I said but it’s certainly highly possible. The list you linked to is almost all speculation and assumption about who will actually be in Q3. The reality of who will be there is markedly different. It’s in the balance if anything 

A few seasons back we made it into a seeded list by the skin of our teeth because of unexpected results for teams seeded above us

Actually, it's not possible. The Q3 draw is done before Q2 is finished. The seeding for the Q3 draw will be done on the assumption that the seeded teams in Q2 get through each tie and if some of them don't, the team that beat them takes their place in the Q3 tie they were drawn in. For example, Shkendija are the lowest of the seeded teams in the Q3 draw. They were also seeded in Q2 and are playing unseeded Valmiera. In the Q3 draw, one of the seeds will be "Shkendija/Valmiera".  Dundee Utd and Motherwell/Sligo Rovers will definitely be unseeded.

What is possible is that Dundee Utd (and Motherwell if they beat Sligo) could get lucky and find that they're drawn against Q2 ties where the seeded teams in Q2 actually lose to the unseeded teams, and so they end up playing a team that would have been unseeded in the Q3 draw if the draw hadn't been made until after Q2 was completed. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Europa league/conference 22/23 - Zurich v Hearts