Europa league/conference 22/23 - Zurich v Hearts

mickycameron98

Heartsmad1874
9 minutes ago, FionaHmfc said:

Didn’t expect Dudelange to be winning either. Still time in the ties though. Feel Luxembourg would be easier, and cheaper, to get to than Armenia aswell :( 

Zalgiris or Malmo would hopefully see off Pyunik. I'm rather surprised Pyunik beat CFR Cluj in the previous round.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Heartsmad1874

• JimmyCant

• hughesie27

InternationalJambo

Some great trips lined up if we get to the group stages of the Europa. Gonna be a great experience this season!!

12 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Zalgiris or Malmo would hopefully see off Pyunik. I'm rather surprised Pyunik beat CFR Cluj in the previous round.

Would think so. I'd rather Pyunik won though, prefer an easier tie than a decent destination. Will be plenty opportunities to travel.

First 3 games complete, only a goal in it in each tie. Could argue 2 of the 3 have gone the wrong way for us, but only at the half way stage.

Heartsmad1874
15 minutes ago, Waterboy said:

Would think so. I'd rather Pyunik won though, prefer an easier tie than a decent destination. Will be plenty opportunities to travel.

I mean i'd love to draw Pyunik and would also end up going but is probably one of the worst places we could get travel wise.

Also 1-0 Ludogorets against Shamrock

Heartsmad1874
13 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

I mean i'd love to draw Pyunik and would also end up going but is probably one of the worst places we could get travel wise.

Also 1-0 Ludogorets against Shamrock

Make that 2-0. Surely bye bye for Shamrock now.

If Dinamo Zagreb do hammer Shkupi we can pretty much be 100% sure on one of the Third Round Europa games.

Shamrock Rovers v Shkupi

Edited by Heartsmad1874

Watt-Zeefuik
55 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

If Malmö lose they'll drop into the Europa League, which makes them a potential opponent.

Essentially we want the stronger teams to win in this round of the CL, then the weaker teams to win in the next round of the EL.

53 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

We want all the stronger teams to win in this round so that the diddier teams drop down into EL Q3. 

Cheers, I didn’t know enough about Zalgris to know the difference.

6 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Make that 2-0. Surely bye bye for Shamrock now.

Or hello Dublin

I have had a feeling for a while that we would get them

5 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Heartsmad1874

AEK Larnaca with a late goal at Midtjylland.

Quick edit - Midtjylland now 1-1.

Edited by Heartsmad1874

2 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

AEK Larnaca with a late goal at Midtjylland.

And shkupi score a late one in Zagreb

Heartsmad1874
Just now, JimmyCant said:

And shkupi score a late one in Zagreb

Only kicked off at 8. So still time plenty time for Zagreb. Very worrying if they and Malmo drop to Europa, still early days but looking a lot different to what we want.

Just now, Heartsmad1874 said:

Only kicked off at 8. So still time plenty time for Zagreb. Very worrying if they and Malmo drop to Europa, still early days but looking a lot different to what we want.

Yeh just double checked that. Linfield doing okay against Bodo too, half time 0-0

Heartsmad1874
7 minutes ago, FionaHmfc said:

Ludogorets 3-0 up against Shamrock though so looking like we’ll avoid them 

Only game not in the balance to be honest. Dinamo are level thankfully.

Gorgie_Rules
3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

1-1 Zagreb. We can’t have Zagreb anywhere near our draw. Same with Malmö 

If we could draw the winner of Shkupi v Shamrock Rovers it would be perfect

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

Heartsmad1874
5 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

If we could draw the winner of Shkupi v Shamrock Rovers it would be perfect

If Malmo overturn their first leg result, us drawing the winner of Zalgiris v Pyunik would be very good.

Edited by Heartsmad1874

Europa and we face some potentially big name teams but likely get spanked in every match.

Conference and we likely earn a fair bit more money with a chance that we might even make it out the group.

I'd be happy with either outcome.

Mr Elwood P
24 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

1-1 Zagreb. We can’t have Zagreb anywhere near our draw. Same with Malmö 

Surely if they get knocked out we're avoiding the better team?

8 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Europa and we face some potentially big name teams but likely get spanked in every match.

Conference and we likely earn a fair bit more money with a chance that we might even make it out the group.

I'd be happy with either outcome.

Yeah I'm likewise. Seen people on twitter and facebook have a debate of which is better but either would honestly suit me.

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Exactly. Folk looking at names.

Anybody can fluke going through or going out. Malmö and Zagreb are seasoned European teams and I’d rather avoid that sort of club given we’ve got zero experience 

Just now, JimmyCant said:

Anybody can fluke going through or going out. Malmö and Zagreb are seasoned European teams and I’d rather avoid that sort of club given we’ve got zero experience 

If those names did get knocked out and put into the Europa they'd probably be even more difficult. 

If it happened again and they got put to the conference before the groups the managers would be away.

3 minutes ago, Homme said:

Exactly. Folk looking at names.

if we were in a cup final and Celtic played Motherwell in the other semi, would you be happier if Motherwell got through ? It’s that sort of thing we are looking at. We want big names out. They are big names for a reason 

Mr Elwood P
9 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Flukes far less likely over 2 legged ties. It's rigged to get the best teams through...

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Flukes far less likely over 2 legged ties. It's rigged to get the best teams through...

But you agree that unexpected results sometimes happen in football, where the ‘best’ team actually loses ?

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

But you agree that unexpected results sometimes happen in football, where the ‘best’ team actually loses ?

That proposition is impossible to argue against. My point is that these games being over 2 legs largely negates the possibility of the freak result.

That proposition is impossible to argue against. My point is that these games being over 2 legs largely negates the possibility of the freak result.

I disagree, but what the hell, you wish for what you want and I’ll wish for what I want. 

Heartsmad1874

We can only look at names and decide who we'd rather face with the way the qualifiers work and personally i'd rather play Zalgiris over two legs even if they beat Malmo over 90 mins, same with Shkupi. 

Heartsmad1874

Zagreb have made it 2-1

Oh dear, 2-2. Don't know much about Macedonian football but Shkupi seem to be giving a good Zagreb team a proper game.

Edited by Heartsmad1874

Heartsmad1874
Just now, Rick Sanchez said:

Shkupi score...2-2.

Thank god theres no more away goals otherwise Zagreb would be in trouble.

Results so far would suggest Bodo/Glimt and Malmo aren't the same teams they were last season. Both struggled in the previous round as well.

10 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Results so far would suggest Bodo/Glimt and Malmo aren't the same teams they were last season. Both struggled in the previous round as well.

Certainly Malmö have dropped a level domestically this season. Bodo still doing okay at home but not top

Heartsmad1874

At the moment Ludogorets are only the team comfortable going into the second leg.

Rest are all either level or separated by a goal.

1 minute ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

At the moment Ludogorets are only the team comfortable going into the second leg.

Rest are all either level or separated by a goal.

Not a great round of games for us tonight. Roll on tomorrow and hope the second legs are better for us

Cant believe Linfield managed to beat the world's best team Bodo/Glimt.

In all seriousness though, that is a cracking result.

41 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Linfield just had to believe!!!

Amazing mate let's see what the second leg brings, 

5 minutes ago, Waterboy said:

Cant believe Linfield managed to beat the world's best team Bodo/Glimt.

In all seriousness though, that is a cracking result.

See above ^

If any of you two are betting men pm me 👍

Edited by Bongo 1874

Watt-Zeefuik
13 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Amazing mate let's see what the second leg brings, 

See above ^

If any of you two are betting men pm me 👍

Sadly I am not, as a fairly strict rule.

If Bodo drop and we draw them, I might be forced to make an exception though . . .

Just now, Led Tasso said:

Sadly I am not, as a fairly strict rule.

If Bodo drop and we draw them, I might be forced to make an exception though . . .

Thought as much runs the mouth but can't back it up, like 95% of posters on here 😂

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

So who do you actually support?

Hearts, just not getting ahead of myself as that is champions league not Europa league 😂😂 a step up, which makes you're comment even more weird as they are playing a level above us, remain humble 😂 we haven't qualified for any Europa group stage yet. 

There's levels to this. 

Watt-Zeefuik
7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Linfield are a step up from Crawley mate 👍, not much but a step up 😂 2-0 just like Hibs game and chucked it. 

Are you actually, honestly, non-sarcastically comparing a Champions League qualifier potentially worth millions of pounds with a pre-season game with a League 2 side in an empty stadium in which our CBs were Halliday and Lewis Neilson?

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Hearts, just not getting ahead of myself as that is champions league not Europa league 😂😂 a step up, which makes you're comment even more weird as they are playing a level above us, remain humble 😂 we haven't qualified for any Europa group stage yet. 

There's levels to this. 

Why you bringing up Crawley and the Hibs 2-2 game though? Absolutely bizarre. 

1 minute ago, Led Tasso said:

Are you actually, honestly, non-sarcastically comparing a Champions League qualifier potentially worth millions of pounds with a pre-season game with a League 2 side in an empty stadium in which our CBs were Halliday and Lewis Neilson?

Nah just not braindead to think Bodo aren't a strong outfit at home, like yourself, Linfield won 1-0. 

There's a second leg to play. 

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

If Bodo don't score 2 against them at home, I'll never post on this forum again. 

Exactly 2 or...? 😆

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Europa league/conference 22/23 - Zurich v Hearts