Europa league/conference 22/23 - Zurich v Hearts

mickycameron98

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Why you bringing up Crawley and the Hibs 2-2 game though? Absolutely bizarre. 

Because that's even more of a fail to be in a winning position then too chuck the game. 

As i said remain humble. 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Heartsmad1874

• JimmyCant

• hughesie27

Just now, Waterboy said:

Exactly 2 or...? 😆

If you think Linfield will go through let's have a bet 👍

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Nah just not braindead to think Bodo aren't a strong outfit at home, like yourself, Linfield won 1-0. 

There's a second leg to play. 

But by your logic Bongo Bodo shouldn’t be losing a game to such inferior opposition. 

:verysmug: 

1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

But by your logic Bongo Bodo shouldn’t be losing a game to such inferior opposition. 

:verysmug: 

They were heavy favourites tonight, they got beat 1-0 I'm confident they will turn it around second leg. 

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Because that's even more of a fail to be in a winning position then too chuck the game. 

As i said remain humble. 

What relevance does it have to Linfield v Bodo / Glimt?

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

What relevance does it have to Linfield v Bodo / Glimt?

You laugh at Bodo score, but completely ignore we threw a 2 goal lead against Crawley away ourselves, not hard to understand tbh, as i said remain humble. 

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

They were heavy favourites tonight, they got beat 1-0 I'm confident they will turn it around second leg. 

Favourites can sometimes lose a game? 

:interehjrling:

18 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

If Bodo don't score 2 against them at home, I'll never post on this forum again. 

Linfield's support has just skyrocketed.

See if the return leg is 2-2? You'll be in the clear.

Edited by Wee Mikey

Mr Elwood P
8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You laugh at Bodo score, but completely ignore we threw a 2 goal lead against Crawley away ourselves, not hard to understand tbh, as i said remain humble. 

6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Relevance is you used my name to slag off them, so anyone will respond back, why you and others do this is beyond me, are you obsessed with me or something, I'm glad mods can see this. 

Comparing a pre-season friendly to a Champions League qualifier ?

Bedtime Bodo (Bongo)

2 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Linfield's support has just skyrocketed.

See if the return leg is 2-2? You'll be in the clear.

Linfield aren't a bad team, Bodo should be taking care of them no problem, but the same people that slag me off for saying the way you beat these teams is you have to believe, am i wrong? on paper it's a miss match, but Linfield showed what is possible when you believe in you're own ability. 

And credit to them 👍👏

Edited by Bongo 1874

5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Comparing a pre-season friendly to a Champions League qualifier ?

Bedtime Bodo (Bongo)

Do we really want to compare Robbies Europe run, with Bodos Knutsen, I believe there is only one winner,was it Robbie that was spanking Celtic and Roma, respect, respect. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

1 hour ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

At the moment Ludogorets are only the team comfortable going into the second leg.

Rest are all either level or separated by a goal.

I think that's the team I watch scud us about 5-0 in a friendly down in Leigh a few years back.

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Linfield aren't a bad team, Bodo should be taking care of them no problem, but the same people that slag me off for saying the way you beat these teams is you have to believe, am i wrong? on paper it's a miss match, but Linfield showed what is possible when you believe in you're own ability. 

And credit to them 👍👏

Is it a one off result or not? 

Mr Elwood P
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Do we really want to compare Robbies Europe run, with Bodos Knutsen, I believe there is only one winner,was it Robbie that was spanking Celtic and Roma, respect, respect. 

Nobody is talking about Hearts, Neilson or Crawley. The discussion is Bodo being 'humbled' by Linfield. The joke is you being a hysterical Bodo fanboy and now looking a bit silly. Night x

Just now, Des Lynam said:

Is it a one off result or not? 

You still don't get it we don't play Celtic and Rangers back too back, this gives Bodo the chance to make up from the result tonight, which makes it harder for Linfield. 

It's easier for us if we beat Celtic or Rangers, because we don't play them the next again week. 

5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Do we really want to compare Robbies Europe run, with Bodo Knutsen, I believe there is only won winner,was it Robbie that was spanking Celtic and Roma, respect, respect. 

Did they win the Europa Conference League? Did they even win the group? 

By your standards that doesn’t matter Bongo. 

Edited by Des Lynam

10 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Did they win the Europa Conference League? Did they even win the group? 

By your standards that doesn’t matter Bongo. 

The way they play is good to watch, if you can't admire a team that's wage budget is comparable too, Livingstons then i suggest football isn't for you. 

If we can achieve half of what they have, that's when to go bumping yer gums. 

2 league titles and a run in Europe. 

Despite paying nowhere near what molde, and rosenborg do in wages. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

9 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Crawley are much better than Linfield. I did pre season with Linfield a couple years ago whilst they were preparing for a champions league qualifying stage(in which they did pretty well) and they are not much better than Scottish league 1. They have only been full time professionals for a year… 

10 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Your hatred of our manager has totally finished you as a poster. Your posts last night were batshit mental but hilariously funny at the same time. 

10 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

If Bodo don't score 2 against them at home, I'll never post on this forum again. 

Fingers Crossed

The Old Tolbooth

One thing is for sure, there's no easy ties in Europe any more, over the qualifying rounds this season so far there's been some pretty big shock results, and the smaller teams are giving themselves a good showing. 

2 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

One thing is for sure, there's no easy ties in Europe any more, over the qualifying rounds this season so far there's been some pretty big shock results, and the smaller teams are giving themselves a good showing. 

Definitely no easy games at this level. Some of these 'weaker' teams have way more experience than us in Europe & we'll need to be well prepped.

Ricardo Quaresma
On 18/07/2022 at 15:50, Jamboross said:

Can't be bothered working it all out exactly but based on last years figures each would get €15.64m for reaching the group stage and another few million euros based on their coefficient over the last 10 years compared to the other group stage participants (Celtic would get more than Rangers for this as they have a higher coefficient). 

If they both reached the group stage they'd split the TV money between them. There's not really any way of knowing how much that is but it'll be another few million euros. If Rangers don't make the groups Celtic take the whole lot. So you're looking at anything from €20-25m before they've even kicked a ball. 

If Rangers don't make the CL Groups they'll get similar to us in the EL - probably around €5m. They'll get a bit more as they have a higher coefficient than us and if they drop down from the CL Playoff round they get a €5m parachute payment on top. Them dropping down would also reduce the money we make from TV deal if we get into the EL groups as we'd have to split it with them.

Appreciated. Thanks.

Ricardo Quaresma
On 18/07/2022 at 16:45, Led Tasso said:

...Since there's little we can do to keep the TV money bonanza from flooding into the top end of the table, it might as well be split between the two...

That's what I'd prefer

On 18/07/2022 at 16:45, Led Tasso said:

It's likely a bit of a long shot for Hearts to make the UEL group stages but yes, I'd far prefer we got the TV pool money all to ourselves for that, even if for this year that means more cash for the rungers.

It's not unlikely that we get a very winnable tie

2 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

It's not unlikely that we get a very winnable tie

Correct. I’d say our chances of getting a winnable tie are now better than 50-50. Just needs the remaining qualifiers to pan out they way we want and we’ll have a great chance of getting to the groups 

hmfc_liam06

I want a team who has a semi-decent capacity stadium and is relatively easy to get to/inexpensive.

Whoever that may be, they can be the best team in the draw, I'm not too fussed. I guess that's the beauty of being guaranteed group stage football.

16 hours ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

I mean i'd love to draw Pyunik and would also end up going but is probably one of the worst places we could get travel wise.

Also 1-0 Ludogorets against Shamrock

Yerevan is a minimum of 2 stops. 11 hours travelling each way and not less than £650 return in august. Even a direct charter wouldn’t be much less. I think I’d pass on that one as I have the budget and the wife leave for 2 trips and that would swallow it all up in one go

Edited by JimmyCant

Heartsmad1874
26 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I was enjoying this thread...

The thread keeps going off topic way too easily🤣

To get us back on track... 

Updated with last night's results.  Of the 7 results last night, it could be argued 4 of them were a 'surprise'.  Other than Ludogorets/Shamrock, all ties remain quite open. 

Remaining 5 first leg games tonight.

image.thumb.png.82bca2a836690834536fa51e33b0dc48.png

2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Yerevan is a minimum of 2 stops. 11 hours travelling each way and not less than £650 return in august. Even a direct charter wouldn’t be much less. I think I’d pass on that one as I have the budget and the wife leave for 2 trips and that would swallow it all up in one go

yeah i had a look at going to the Scotland game in June, few pals ended up going but think they were 3 flights on the way there and 2 on the way back and it was around £350.

Would have gone if it was a charter like it was for Moldova last year which was around £400 but Wonky Sheep couldn't get anything for under £700 so it didn't go ahead. 

2 hours ago, Waterboy said:

To get us back on track... 

Updated with last night's results.  Of the 7 results last night, it could be argued 4 of them were a 'surprise'.  Other than Ludogorets/Shamrock, all ties remain quite open. 

Remaining 5 first leg games tonight.

image.thumb.png.82bca2a836690834536fa51e33b0dc48.png

Some effort mate! Thanks for that

Last set of first round games are on tonight. Plzen beating Helsinki in the early kick off. Loser of this game will play the loser of Maribor / Sheriff Tiraspol and then the winner of that will go into the draw to play us. Quite fancy a trip to Helsinki 👍🏻

Heartsmad1874
48 minutes ago, FionaHmfc said:

Last set of first round games are on tonight. Plzen beating Helsinki in the early kick off. Loser of this game will play the loser of Maribor / Sheriff Tiraspol and then the winner of that will go into the draw to play us. Quite fancy a trip to Helsinki 👍🏻

Helsinki on level terms. I think most games will be close going into the second leg unfortunately for us inpatient people on here.

FarmerTweedy
On 19/07/2022 at 13:36, Dayman said:

3. The other two are qualifying spots. 

They're all European spots. I take it you mean guaranteed group stage spots?

47 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Helsinki on level terms. I think most games will be close going into the second leg unfortunately for us inpatient people on here.

Yeah unfortunately! Only tie that’s pretty much done is the Shamrock rovers one. I’m so impatient waiting to find out where we can go. Just hoping for some great cities and easily reachable and affordable destinations. Some of them like Armenia and Azerbaijan would just be too much for the budget and time off work for us 

1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

They're all European spots. I take it you mean guaranteed group stage spots?

You’re not really in Europe until you’ve qualified in my eyes. Each to their own though. 

Heartsmad1874

2-1 win for Plzen and Olympiacos and Maccabi Haifa are now 1-1 with a few minutes to go. The following 3 are still goalless at the break.

Dynamo Kyiv 0-0 Fenerbahce

Ferencvaros 0-0 Slovan Bratislava

Maribor 0-0 Sheriff Tiraspol

Edited by Heartsmad1874

Heartsmad1874

1 minute ago, briever said:

Does anyone know when the second leg of the Euro playoff is?

25th August

Heartsmad1874

Not sure if Slovan Bratislava beating Ferencvaros is a shock or not but Slovan won 2-1 in Hungary tonight.

2 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Not sure if Slovan Bratislava beating Ferencvaros is a shock or not but Slovan won 2-1 in Hungary tonight.

Yeah that's probably unexpected - Ferencvaros been in the Champions League and Europa League groups the past 2 seasons.

Chuck Berry
17 minutes ago, Waterboy said:

Updated with the results from tonight.  Every game other than one still all to play for.

image.thumb.png.37a528610b4aa847c1e3849cc1b290d8.png

Really handy, cheers.

Luckies1874

With most ties admittedly still in the balance I'm boldly (haha) eliminating a number of teams and think the opposition will come from one of the following. By this time next week the list will be smaller

Malmo of Sweden
Dudelange of Luxembourg
Ludogorets of Bulgaria
Shkupi of North Macedonia
Dinamo Zagreb of Croatia
Bodo Glimt of Norway
Qarabag of Azerbaijan
FC Zurich of Switzerland 
Olympiakos of Greece
Ferencvaros of Hungary
Slovan Bratislava of Slovakia 
FC Sheriff of Moldova 
Viktoria Plzen of Czech Rep
Larnaca of Cyprus 
Partisan Belgrade of Serbia 
Slovacko of Czech Rep
Dynamo Kiev of Ukraine
Fenerbache of Turkey 

9 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

With most ties admittedly still in the balance I'm boldly (haha) eliminating a number of teams and think the opposition will come from one of the following. By this time next week the list will be smaller

Malmo of Sweden
Dudelange of Luxembourg
Ludogorets of Bulgaria
Shkupi of North Macedonia
Dinamo Zagreb of Croatia
Bodo Glimt of Norway
Qarabag of Azerbaijan
FC Zurich of Switzerland 
Olympiakos of Greece
Ferencvaros of Hungary
Slovan Bratislava of Slovakia 
FC Sheriff of Moldova 
Viktoria Plzen of Czech Rep
Larnaca of Cyprus 
Partisan Belgrade of Serbia 
Slovacko of Czech Rep
Dynamo Kiev of Ukraine
Fenerbache of Turkey 

I think you've listed all the winners of the current ties.  The winners will go on to the Champions League 3rd qualifying round, it's the losers that will drop down to Europa League qualifying and end up possibly facing us.

Slim chance of us facing most of those sides.

In other news, Motherwell kick off their Conference League Qualifying campaign this evening.

Bet365 have them 9/20 to win tonight, and 1/4 to qualify from the tie.  Sligo are 11/4 to qualify 👀

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Europa league/conference 22/23 - Zurich v Hearts