• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Heartsmad1874

• JimmyCant

• hughesie27

Heartsmad1874
18 hours ago, That thing you do said:

Looks like no easy ties for United here293337290_10218203688037522_4542509659965548597_n.jpg.9e78c848a9a1d011fb1bfc5097a95ed3.jpg

Motherwells looks slightly more favourable

Group 1
Seeded
Raków Czestochowa (POL) / Astana (KAZ)
İstanbul Başakşehir (TUR) / Maccabi Netanya (ISR)
Valmiera (LVA) / Shkëndija (MKD)
Sparta Praha (CZE) / Viking (NOR)

Heartsmad1874

Details on the Third Round of Europa League draw copied from UEFA's website

Which teams are involved in the draw?

Champions path

The ten teams eliminated from the Champions League Champions path second qualifying round will contest the Europa League Champions path third qualifying round. 

Match 1: Ferencváros (HUN) / Slovan Bratislava (SVK) 
Match 2: Dinamo Zagreb (CRO) / Shkupi (MKD) 
Match 3: Qarabağ (AZE) / Zürich (SUI)
Match 4: HJK Helsinki (FIN) / Viktoria Plzeň (CZE)
Match 5: Linfield (NIR) / Bodø/Glimt (NOR)
Match 6: Žalgiris (LTU) / Malmö FF (SWE) 
Match 7: Ludogorets (BUL) / Shamrock Rovers (IRL)
Match 8: Maribor (SVN) / Sheriff (MDA)
Match 9: Maccabi Haifa (ISR) / Olympiacos (GRE)
Match 10: Pyunik (ARM) / Diddeleng (LUX)

Main path

The two sides eliminated from the Champions League second qualifying round (League path) will join two teams entering in the Europa League third qualifying round (Main path).

Seeded 
Partizan (SRB)
Slovácko (CZE)

Unseeded 
Match 1: Midtjylland (DEN) / AEK Larnaca (CYP)
Match 2: Dynamo Kyiv (UKR) / Fenerbahçe (TUR)

How the draw works

• No teams are seeded for the third qualifying round of the Champions path. An open draw is held to determine pairings, with the first team drawn playing the first leg at home.

• The clubs that qualify directly for the third qualifying round of the Main path are seeded above the clubs eliminated from the second qualifying round of the Champions League (League path).

• For the Main path draw, the balls containing the names of the seeded teams will be placed in one bowl and the balls containing the unseeded sides put into another bowl. One ball will be taken from each bowl and placed in a large empty bowl in the middle, where they will be shuffled. The first team drawn will play the first leg at home.

• Clubs from the same association cannot be drawn against each other. Teams from Armenia and Azerbaijan are also being kept apart: if Pyunik (ARM) and Qarabağ FK (AZE) are drawn against each other, the ball drawn second will be put to one side. Further restrictions will be announced before the draw.

What happens next?

Winners Progress to the UEFA Europa League play-off round. 

Beaten sides Transfer to the appropriate path of the UEFA Europa Conference League play-off round.

indianajones
On 15/07/2022 at 19:38, Heartsmad1874 said:

Yes, however they'd have to lose to Linfield for them to even drop into Europa. 

If that were to happen they'd drop into Qualifying Round Three, one round away from potentially facing us.

It would be a disaster of a trip though so its a no from me🤣

Nice place. 

12 quid pints though. 

hmfc_liam06

Looked at rough costs of flights to all potential opponents, some are a genuine write off for me.

Zurich also surprisingly expensive to get to, as are all surrounding airports.

Bodo wasn’t that bad. Flight to Kaunas looked cheapest so hoping for Zalgiris. 

Edited by hmfc_liam06

Gorgie_Rules

The Champions League 3rd round qualifying draw is today which I believe impacts who we could face due to the losers dropping into the Europa League play-off that we are in.

The draw is seeded, but I assume from this we want the stronger sides to avoid each other?

3 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

I hope Union Saint-Gilloise are good.

I think we beat them 2-0 in the Inter City Fairs cup. Possibly 1961.

6 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

When are you going to realise that we need all teams to progress to keep coefficient numbers up, but you 

crack on and hate yourself to death .

Chuck Berry
9 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

Been to a few of their games when they were in the 3rd and 4th Divisions. One of Belgium's oldest clubs and 11 pre-war titles. Great ground.  I'll be supporting them.

Heartsmad1874
16 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

The Champions League 3rd round qualifying draw is today which I believe impacts who we could face due to the losers dropping into the Europa League play-off that we are in.

The draw is seeded, but I assume from this we want the stronger sides to avoid each other?

Champions League 3rd round draw doesn't effect us. The losers from the upcoming Champions League second round are the ones that could potentially drop down and play us.

Europa League 3rd round draw coming soon so stay tuned.

Gorgie_Rules
8 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Champions League 3rd round draw doesn't effect us. The losers from the upcoming Champions League second round are the ones that could potentially drop down and play us.

Europa League 3rd round draw coming soon so stay tuned.

Gotcha, cheers. Any preference for us in terms of who draws who here? I assume we want the unseeded sides to have a chance of progressing?

Heartsmad1874
1 minute ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Gotcha, cheers. Any preference for us in terms of who draws who here? I assume we want the unseeded sides to have a chance of progressing?

Ideally i'd like to see pairings like Dinamo Zagreb/Shkupi v Zalgiris/Malmo as you'd expect Shkupi and Zalgiris to lose in the UCL meaning they'd face each other and one would progress. 

Heartsmad1874

Zalgiris/Malmo v Pyunik/Dudelange

Ludogorets/Shamrock Rovers v Dinamo Zagreb/Shkupi

Linfield/Bodo Glimt v Qarabag/Zurich

Maccabi H/Olympiacos v Ferencvaros/Slovan Bratislava

Maribor/Sheriff v HJK Helsinki/Plzen

League Path to follow.

Edited by Heartsmad1874

Heartsmad1874

Pure guesswork but i reckon once Champions League Round 2 is done this is how the Europa League QR3 will look.

Zalgiris v Pyunik

Shamrock Rovers v Shkupi

Linfield v Zurich

Maccabi Haifa v Slovan Bratislava

Maribor v HJK Helsinki

AEK Larnaca v Partizan

Dynamo Kyiv v Slovacko

Edited by Heartsmad1874

Chuck Berry

Malmo v Dudelange

Ludogorets v Dinamo Zagreb

Bodo Glimt v Qarabag

Olympiakos v Ferencvaros

Sherriff Tiraspol v HJK Helsinki

AEK Larnaca v Partizan

Dynamo Kyiv v Slovacko

1 hour ago, Largo said:

When are you going to realise that we need all teams to progress to keep coefficient numbers up, but you 

Weird. I could have sworn our co-efficient has increased despite Scottish teams doing shite in the Champions league in recent years. 

6 minutes ago, Norm said:

Weird. I could have sworn our co-efficient has increased despite Scottish teams doing shite in the Champions league in recent years. 

Yes, Norm, you are correct. Let the OF get royally stuffed in the CL, drop to the EL/ECL and pick up some coefficient points there…before getting stuffed !

It’s only fair !

👍

5 minutes ago, Norm said:

You really don't get this, do you ?

So our co-efficient  points increase with defeats !!

Points are gathered in every Euro tournament .

2 minutes ago, Largo said:

Has our co-efficient increased despite the last time a Scottish Club reaching the group stages of the Champions League being 5 years ago? 

Yes or no? 

Edited by Norm

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, Largo said:

'No-one likes us, we don't care (honest, we really don't, not bothered in the slightest)'

4 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

'No-one likes us, we don't care (honest, we really don't, not bothered in the slightest)'

No no no. You don't get it. We totally need Rangers to get in the Champions League group stages to improve our co-efficient, despite our co-efficient improving without a Scottish team having reached the group stages for 5 years. 

August Landmesser
6 minutes ago, Norm said:

No no no. You don't get it. We totally need Rangers to get in the Champions League group stages to improve our co-efficient, despite our co-efficient improving without a Scottish team having reached the group stages for 5 years. 

😃

Dundee Utd will pay Tuzla City or AZ Alkmaar in the 3rd qualifying round of the Europa Conference League.

27 minutes ago, Largo said:

I'm sure you'll be sitting with your tricolour, cheering Celtic on in the champions league 😄

9 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

I'm sure you'll be sitting with your tricolour, cheering Celtic on in the champions league 😄

Worth bearing in mind that we wouldn’t be anywhere close to group stage European football if it wasn’t for OF results in the last 5 years.

No we don’t need to cheer them on but if they continue to get wins, it impacts positively on Hearts so it’s a pain worth suffering for me

JamboAndrew

Other Scottish clubs having a wee euro run is fine. But I will always want the arse cheeks to be pumped in Europe. And if Hibs occasionally get in then the cricket scorelines are amusing.

Edited by JamboAndrew

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Worth bearing in mind that we wouldn’t be anywhere close to group stage European football if it wasn’t for OF results in the last 5 years.

No we don’t need to cheer them on but if they continue to get wins, it impacts positively on Hearts so it’s a pain worth suffering for me

double edged sword. I’m thankful we benefit this season thank god. With the transfer fees taken in by hibs and Aberdeen it’s just as well. 

3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

But, crucially, they didn't need to get those results in the far more lucrative Champions League. Let them get those results in the Europa. 

5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Possibly but he's a Rangers fan so I don't buy that he's supporting all Scottish teams. Pretty sure we wouldn't be looking for hibs to win to improve the coefficient in the highly unlikely event that they make Europe 🤣

6 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Please stop talking sense, it's doesn't suit  the agenda 🙄

Chuck Berry
5 minutes ago, Largo said:

Aye, let's all support Rangers 🙄

OmiyaHearts

Call me petty, but I'd rather see Rangers and Celtic pumped every Euro game they play, no matter the co-efficient benefits

1 minute ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Call me petty, but I'd rather see Rangers and Celtic pumped every Euro game they play, no matter the co-efficient benefits

Me too

Edit:  no, not pumped.  I’d like to see them humiliated.

Edited by FWJ

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'm past caring what happens to the others, don't fancy any of their draws in truth, though Rangers most likely to succeed

This is where I'm at. The money they earn from Europe makes me want  them pumped every time.

Chuck Berry
5 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

The money they can earn from CL football does not help the rest of Scottish football compete.  *** them.

21 minutes ago, Largo said:

What's the agenda? 

I totally get were you are coming from, but lets look at the big picture. You want your team to be competing for the big prizes or you want to continue as an also ran. Yes HMFC finished a credible third in the league last season  but you were closer  by points to St Johnstone in the relegation play off place than the team above you in the league. To improve any  squad money is required and the Europe is were this is generated .

But you crack on and be petty regarding Scottish teams in Europe but don't moan when you don't get there.

joondalupjambo
5 minutes ago, Largo said:

I totally get were you are coming from, but lets look at the big picture. You want your team to be competing for the big prizes or you want to continue as an also ran. Yes HMFC finished a credible third in the league last season  but you were closer  by points to St Johnstone in the relegation play off place than the team above you in the league. To improve any  squad money is required and the Europe is were this is generated .

But you crack on and be petty regarding Scottish teams in Europe but don't moan when you don't get there.

Good stat Largo.

What about TV money?  How should that be divided up?  Fairly across all clubs or slanted to the Uglies?  A fair chunk of that is going nowhere near clubs out with the OF.

It would help to get a bit more of that, add in a couple of decent transfers out and clubs may get closer to the OF.

Edited by joondalupjambo

13 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

The money they can earn from CL football does not help the rest of Scottish football compete.  *** them.

Do you honestly think if they failed at first hurdles in Europe 5 years running, Scottish football would somehow become more competitive? They’d still have 50,000 season ticket holders each and huge sponsorship deals. That still blows ‘the rest’ out of the water.

Chuck Berry
Just now, JimmyCant said:

Do you honestly think if they failed at first hurdles in Europe 5 years running, Scottish football would somehow become more competitive? They’d still have 50,000 season ticket holders each and huge sponsorship deals. That still blows ‘the rest’ out of the water.

Do you honestly think that pocketing £10-20m from a CL campaign helps the game become more competitive? the answer of course is no.  If they never had that sort of income would it be more competitive? perhaps, maybe. 

Chuck Berry
10 minutes ago, Largo said:

So we're supposed to be grateful that your mob can potentially pocket upwards of £15m from a half successful CL campaign whilst Hearts pocket maybe £3m from a EL or ConfL group campaign.  Aye, that'll help us get closer to the OF.   FFS.

4 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Good stat Largo.

What about TV money?  How should that be divided up?  Fairly across all clubs or slanted to the Uglies?  A fair chunk of that is going nowhere near clubs out with the OF.

Unsure of what TV money your talking about, imo the monies should be split between the teams who are playing and all clubs in SPL giving a minimum number of home games.

If your talking Euro tv monies surely you don't think you get a hand out for not qualifying 

The Treasurer
11 minutes ago, Largo said:

The real "game changing" money is only made in the CL. 

The arse cheeks, aided by the corrupt system in this country, ensure that this is a closed shop. 

Just now, The Treasurer said:

The real "game changing" money is only made in the CL. 

The arse cheeks, aided by the corrupt system in this country, ensure that this is a closed shop. 

Sorry Treasurer but it's not a closed shop, season 21/21 you finish in the two top you get a crack at the Champions League ..Simples 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Europa league/conference 22/23 - Zurich v Hearts