Europa league/conference 22/23 - Zurich v Hearts

mickycameron98

2 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Two more. Winner of this game plays the winner of Sparta Prague/Viking Stavanger of Norway, 0-0 after first leg in Prague.

Ah, they’re ****ed either way then. 😐

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Heartsmad1874

• JimmyCant

• hughesie27

8 minutes ago, Largo said:

Your being silly now 😝

So who is going to get us co-efficient points this season - I'd think long about that before I answer 😁

Taking points because of John Beaton ..That's a victim excuse .

Booted off ..For what reason ?

On your ignore list so me being still remaining here will make no difference to you  ..cheers bud 👍

👍🥂

Randy Marsh

Motherwell are harmless.  Hopefully they turn this around.  Would never want an Aberdeen or a Dundee United to win a European tie however.

44 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Are you that ‘ger?

If so…

Reveal hidden contents

:bolt:  

What’s that mate ger ?? 

7 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

Motherwell look shite up front, no invention just hoofing balls into the box

That’s how they played last season. They were fortunate van veen did so well but don’t think he’s fully fit

39 minutes ago, Barack said:

Aye. Ridiculous. :lol:

Id say more the description of it as ridiculous was, ridiculous 🫠#melt

It’s a disgrace the way our non old firm sides perform in Europe every year, I’m not expecting them to get to quarter finals of European tournaments, but year after year they are eliminated in qualifiers before the summer is out. 

Our teams suffer from huge inferiority complex when it comes to European football and have for at least 20 years now

23 minutes ago, Henroddy said:

Well said. Most Hearts fans believe we are English Championship/high League 1 level. To prove that we have to do ourselves justice in Europe. 

What? Do most English L1 teams prove themselves in Europe?

Heartsmad1874
2 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

It’s a disgrace the way our non old firm sides perform in Europe every year, I’m not expecting them to get to quarter finals of European tournaments, but year after year they are eliminated in qualifiers before the summer is out. 

Our teams suffer from huge inferiority complex when it comes to European football and have for at least 20 years now

I genuinely can't see why Motherwell and Dundee Utd aren't involved in League Cup groups. Every year theres a shocking result and both Old Firm teams have even been guilty of some themselves.

Watt-Zeefuik

I'd like to see most non-OF Scottish clubs progress in Europe. Motherwell seem to be one of the worst every year about taking up a European slot and then doing ****-all with it.

2 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

I genuinely can't see why Motherwell and Dundee Utd aren't involved in League Cup groups. Every year theres a shocking result and both Old Firm teams have even been guilty of some themselves.

The league cup groups generally draw a premier league side against a mix of championship, league 1, league 2 and then sides from level 5.

Could argue a friendly against an English Championship side is going to be more beneficial than putting 7 past Cowdenbeath.

That being said I don't know who Motherwell have chosen to play in their friendlies.

Heartsmad1874
4 minutes ago, Waterboy said:

The league cup groups generally draw a premier league side against a mix of championship, league 1, league 2 and then sides from level 5.

Could argue a friendly against an English Championship side is going to be more beneficial than putting 7 past Cowdenbeath.

That being said I don't know who Motherwell have chosen to play in their friendlies.

Friendly games are a waste of time. Theres nothing quite like competitive matches. If they did put 7 past Cowdenbeath that breeds confidence in their playing style. Friendlies don't do anything for confidence and rhythm.

Can reel off several examples in which a Scottish team has made a right arse of their first game being a qualifier.

Just now, Heartsmad1874 said:

Friendly games are a waste of time. Theres nothing quite like competitive matches. If they did put 7 past Cowdenbeath that breeds confidence in their playing style. Friendlies don't do anything for confidence and rhythm.

Can reel off several examples in which a Scottish team has made a right arse of their first game being a qualifier.

Wonder why literally every club in world football bothers then eh 😂

9 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

That is as dumb a comment as i have read on Jkb, not bad for over 15 years. Congrats

Edited by sadj

47 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

No embarrassment to Hearts if Motherwell get beat. They were dugshit last season, barely won a game after Christmas and somehow scraped into Europe.

Couldn't give a toss if they lose.

Were they not one of the teams that voted us down

Full time, Motherwell lost. Sligo were 11/2 on some sites I'm sure.

Quite a number of Twitter replies calling for Alexander to go 😆

1 hour ago, Irufushi said:

If Motherwell beat Sligo over two legs how many qualifiers for them to make the group stage? 

Another two ties, but they probably have Sparta Prague in the next one

13 minutes ago, sadj said:

That is as dumb a comment as i have read on Jkb, not bad for over 15 years. Congrats

Correct, last night's game against PNE was very good for our preparations. High intensity, fast-paced and meaty challenges. 

It's the sort of game I expect us to face a lot this season.

Cory McNamara

Sligo Rovers are hot right now, they are in a competitive mode since February. They have already played 23 matches, are 5th in the league, top tier team, 3rd best in Ireland. Only in early November the door will close and they leave the current tournament behind. This is a big factor.

9 minutes ago, Waterboy said:

According to my notebook Motherwell had a 7 day training camp in Austria, where they played one game (won 5-1, SK Vorwarts Steyr). 

Rick Sanchez

I was going to ask how Ed McGinty played but I see he's signed for Oxford United.

Reserve goalie as well ffs :laugh:

10 minutes ago, Cory McNamara said:

Sligo Rovers are hot right now, they are in a competitive mode since February. They have already played 23 matches, are 5th in the league, top tier team, 3rd best in Ireland. Only in early November the door will close and they leave the current tournament behind. This is a big factor.

According to my notebook Motherwell had a 7 day training camp in Austria, where they played one game (won 5-1, SK Vorwarts Steyr). 

Just had a look, they played that game and Partick. 

Serves them bloody right then, only two friendlies and both against pretty poor teams. And some say friendlies are a waste of time! 

I'd be fuming if Hearts went in to Europe that under prepared.

1 hour ago, The Tackle said:

Keena scores

1 hour ago, JAYEL said:

Cracking lob over the keeper, leading the line well tonight and wouldn’t be surprised if he gets another 

28 minutes ago, Waterboy said:

Full time, Motherwell lost. Sligo were 11/2 on some sites I'm sure.

Quite a number of Twitter replies calling for Alexander to go 😆

They wanted rid last season. Form plummeted after January and only just made top 6. Qualified by default 

Malinga the Swinga

Still second leg I guess and Motherwell may be a bit sharper, but looking at report, they're lucky it was only 1-0.

Games not over yet.

FarmerTweedy
On 20/07/2022 at 19:40, Dayman said:

You’re not really in Europe until you’ve qualified in my eyes. Each to their own though. 

I can assure you not a club on the planet, or any fan, cares about things in your eyes! Motherwell are in Europe tonight, they'll be unhappy with the result but they won't give a monkeys that in your eyes, they haven't qualified!  They'll be much more interested in the fact that they have qualified, proved by the fact that they're playing in Europe! 

What an utterly bizarre viewpoint to have! 

Edited by FarmerTweedy

8 minutes ago, Waterboy said:

Serves them bloody right then, only two friendlies and both against pretty poor teams. And some say friendlies are a waste of time! 

Alexander moaned that teams called off friendlies in pre season. Do seem very unprepared. Especially since Sligo mid season 

4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Still second leg I guess and Motherwell may be a bit sharper, but looking at report, they're lucky it was only 1-0.

Games not over yet.

They were really poor in every department. Maybe fitness had a bit to do with it but I was watching it thinking I can’t wait till we play Motherwell. They are miles behind where we are, even at this stage of the season.

16 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I was going to ask how Ed McGinty played but I see he's signed for Oxford United.

Reserve goalie as well ffs :laugh:

We'd want a keeper that's not cup tied for Europe anyway presumably (I assume he is).

I do not understand Motherwell, they put in the effort to qualify but each year they Hibsit against a team they should be beating.

Always disappointed when the Scottish clubs perform poorly in Europe.  Always delighted when the Irish Scottish clubs fail miserably.  All 3 of them.

8 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I can assure you not a club on the planet, or any fan, cares about things in your eyes! Motherwell are in Europe tonight, they'll be unhappy with the result but they won't give a monkeys that in your eyes, they haven't qualified!  They'll be much more interested in the fact that they have qualified, proved by the fact that they're playing in Europe! 

What an utterly bizarre viewpoint to have! 

Cool story bro. You can’t be in something unless you’ve qualified for it. Which the likes of Motherwell haven’t. 

10 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

I'm with you.

Our top flight teams losing to Sligo Rovers (no disrespect) is embarrassing. I'd rather Motherwell were pumping them and making it all the way to the groups.

Same. I’d be happy for all our qualifiers to get through to the groups each year. Just as long as we do better than the rest! 

9 hours ago, Waterboy said:

its actually a disgrace to go in that under prepared. WTF were they even thinking ?  Hibsed it 

OmiyaHearts

I didn't think Motherwell were that bad last night and it was a decent game to watch. They went forward every time they had the ball but just struggled to create good opportunities. 

I think they're still in with a chance.

25 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I didn't think Motherwell were that bad last night and it was a decent game to watch. They went forward every time they had the ball but just struggled to create good opportunities. 

I think they're still in with a chance.

Just goes to show you. I thought they were awful. Disjointed, unfit, second to every ball, no zip about them. Some of that will be their lack of match fitness. I think they only played one pre-season game, but they’ve a level or two to go up before they’ll be able to recover this tie and just a week to do it in.

38 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Just goes to show you. I thought they were awful. Disjointed, unfit, second to every ball, no zip about them. Some of that will be their lack of match fitness. I think they only played one pre-season game, but they’ve a level or two to go up before they’ll be able to recover this tie and just a week to do it in.

It’s not always easy to tell at this stage of the season but early signs are that there’s going to be more of a gulf between the top half (5) and bottom half.

I think Us, the sheep and Dundee United will be competing for the European places with the rest battling it out for relegation.

2 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

It’s not always easy to tell at this stage of the season but early signs are that there’s going to be more of a gulf between the top half (5) and bottom half.

I think Us, the sheep and Dundee United will be competing for the European places with the rest battling it out for relegation.

I think you could add Killie to the competition for Euro places .

OmiyaHearts
6 minutes ago, Largo said:

I forgot how bad our home record v Killie was until a workmate (who's a Killie fan) was telling me yesterday how happy he was getting back to Tynecastle this season. Said it's a Killie fans favourite away day.

Not beat them at home since 2016. Time to sort that out!

13 minutes ago, Largo said:

I honestly don’t mate. I think looking at their squad they would be fighting relegation if it wasn’t for McInnes.

Aye, Killie looked rotten in the few Championship games I saw them play last year. They've added a few, but nothing to worry me at this point.

3 hours ago, Dayman said:

You can’t be in something unless you’ve qualified for it. Which the likes of Motherwell haven’t. 

3 hours ago, Dayman said:

Same. I’d be happy for all our qualifiers to get through to the groups each year. Just as long as we do better than the rest!

🤔

1 hour ago, HoGwash said:

🤔

😂😂 Exactly what I was thinking. Wish he'd make his mind up 

1 hour ago, Dayman said:

?

You said they hadn't qualified for Europe then in the next post want all our Qualifiers to get into the group stages. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Europa league/conference 22/23 - Zurich v Hearts