Season tickets 22/23 - sold out - waiting list now open (updated)

Vin1874

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• JALBO

• Sooks

• Jambos dad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Boyces beard said:

If that was the case, surely you would expect Rangers and Celtic both to request a 5% allocation of the stadium for old firm away games. 

Don’t know what their arrangements are, just ours. 

Byyy The Light
2 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

There are fences in Hampden right up the middle and I think Parkhead is there not?

I'm always behind the goals at Hampden and haven't been to Parkhead for years so no idea. Surely a semi permanent fence and first 2 columns of seats next to stairs would be enough segregation and allow us to sell more tickets. 

51 minutes ago, luckydug said:

The bigots don't give each other 5% of tickets so the rules have either changed or you are misinformed. 

My original, post did say that’s what the rule used to be and not sure if it’s still the case - what bit of that didn’t you understand

Byyy The Light
2 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

There  won't be law against it but it our stadium capacity has to be assessed as 'safe' for its capacity. If we wanted to put a fence up the various authorities responsible would look at whether it created any safety issues which might lead to a recommendation for a reduced capacity.

In my experience the Building control (council), police  and Fire brigade would be the ones that would need persuaded.

I couldn't fid the edinburgh policy but it would likely be much the same as Glasgow's:

Safety at Sports Grounds

What is it?

The Safety of Sports Grounds Act 1975 and the Fire Safety and Safety of Places of Sport Act 1987, require certain sports grounds to apply to the local authority for a 'safety certificate'.

Generally this means sports grounds with a capacity for more than 10,000 spectators (designated stadium), or stands in sports grounds providing covered accommodation for more than 500 spectators (regulated stand).

Information about safety at sports' grounds

Building Standards and Public Safety, along with Police Scotland, Scottish Fire and Rescue and the Scottish Ambulance Service make up Glasgow City Council's Safety Team for Sports Grounds. The Safety Team provides guidance to the managers of sports grounds to assist them in the assessment of how many spectators can be safely accommodated within a sports ground.

This is an ongoing process as sports grounds, like all other buildings, are subject to alteration and extension, particularly as sports grounds now also offer access for hospitality, conferences and use of the pitch area for non-sporting events.

Guidance on the safety of spectators at sports grounds can be found in the 'Guide to Safety at Sports Grounds', fifth edition, published by the Stationery Office.

The Service is always willing to offer advice to anyone involved in determining a safe capacity for a sports ground.  Should you have any cause for concern about safety of spectators attending a sports ground, you should contact the management of the sports ground in the first instance.

If you require a safety certificate

For information and advice on the following certificates please contact the Licensing Section.

• Safety of Sports Grounds - General Certificate
  • Safety of Sports Grounds - Special Certificate
  • Regulated Stand Fire Safety - General Certificate

If they've got a certificate for the full capacity it shouldn't be an issue then.  As long as the fence didn't interfere with any fire exits.

If they can have full capacity in the Gorgie then they should be able to have it in the School End you'd think.  

Rogue Daddy
35 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

aye and we know what the SPFL will say give the bigots the whole Roseburn

TBH... I was surprised they didn't challenge it last season (when we gave them 2 sections). Mind you, at the time, Celtic weren't giving anybody away allocations... citing that their ST holders came first (there was still social distancing at the time). IIRC.

14 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

As I said, if we want them we would get them. 

Rangers cut our allocation  several years ago. 

First game of the Championship season we had fans all the way round the corner about 1400 or so. 

Same for the abandoned game the same season. Then they restricted us to the corner using security as an excuse. 

No way would they agree to give us more unless we increased their allocation at Tynecastle. 

I would expect the same with Celtic. 

Edited by luckydug

1 hour ago, Largo said:

We have it at Ibrox, you can put your ST up for sale for individual games . All games are classed in groups A:Celtic / B: Hearts/Hibs /Aberdeen . Say if I return my ticket for a game against HMFC , the club then resell my ticket for say £35 and I receive £25 in credit that is deducted from the following season ST .

That's a good deal for the supporter. Has that been the case for a while or is it a recent incentive?

Kalamazoo Jambo
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

they only take the load of the roof . They could be supported another way.  Just a question of £££

Not saying its impossible but cantilevering or some other method would take lots of money and potentially require additional space that we don't currently have (as cantilevers tend to extend backwards).

Anyway, great news on ticket sales even though it means it's going to be tough for part-timers like me to get tickets.

Back to 2005
12 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

As I said, if we want them we would get them. 

No we wouldn’t. Rangers and Celtic will always give us as few as possible as there is no rules in place other the sort it out yourselves rule ! 

Rogue Daddy
Just now, Back to 2005 said:

No we wouldn’t. Rangers and Celtic will always give us as few as possible as there is no rules in place other the sort it out yourselves rule ! 

...which is probably why we get away with giving them only 2 sections. If they gave us more, they would be screaming from the rooftops... and the spfl would back them up.

Chaka Demus & pliers
1 hour ago, Philfigo said:

Help needed! Just trying to buy 2 season tickets one adult and one under 13. It's saying assign the under 13 one to a member can I assign that to me as well as the adult one?

Assume you have this fixed now but if not you'll need to create an account for the U13 and allow the other account to manage tickets.  If you phone/email the ticket office they're always very helpful in my experience. 

Do The Dance

Has every single season ticket actually sold put in other stands bar the roseburn?

I had quite a few free seats around me in section T last season (including the seat next to me, enjoyed the space!).

Tom Hardy’s Dug

As said above we can surely come up with a better solution to segregation than tarpaulin over a whole section in this day and age?

The semi finals at Hampden only had very minimal space between fans did it not?

Can’t we even just not sell tickets for two columns out of the 4th section and add a few more stewards down the steps?

Is there no temporary but semi solid dividing materials we could use without “fencing” people off?

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

As said above we can surely come up with a better solution to segregation than tarpaulin over a whole section in this day and age?

Can’t we even just knock two rows out of the 4th section and add a few more stewards down the steps?

Is there no temporary but semi solid dividing materials we could use without “fencing” people off?

It wasn't minimal.

It Must have been at least 15 seats apart, tarpaulin a few seats wide and dense line of stewards and police mixed.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, Nobreath said:

It wasn't minimal.

It Must have been at least 15 seats apart, tarpaulin a few seats wide and dense line of stewards and police mixed.

Fair dues/. Looked less than that. 

But if we are only “holding back” 700 fans in one section how much do we need??

5 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Can’t we even just not sell tickets for two columns out of the 4th section and add a few more stewards down the steps?

I'm sure most of the grounds in the EPL have hardly any space between home and away fans

scott herbertson

Was there not a brawl at a hearts Dundee United match in the Roseburn a few years back - i thought that was the reason for the extent of the segregation - the safety group would have to pass any changes I believe.

2 minutes ago, Weebroon98 said:

I'm sure most of the grounds in the EPL have hardly any space between home and away fans

Security much more lax in England imo. 

They don't seem to mind people invading the pitch, as long as you don't attack anyone 😂

1 minute ago, scott herbertson said:

Was there not a brawl at a hearts Dundee United match in the Roseburn a few years back - i thought that was the reason for the extent of the segregation - the safety group would have to pass any changes I believe.

Sure i was in the Roseburn that day and it was mainly handbags, getting old so may be wrong 

kingantti1874
22 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Not saying its impossible but cantilevering or some other method would take lots of money and potentially require additional space that we don't currently have (as cantilevers tend to extend backwards).

Anyway, great news on ticket sales even though it means it's going to be tough for part-timers like me to get tickets.

cantilever is only one solution. There are others.  From an engineering perspective pretty simple but as you say will still be very costly

2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

9 just appeared in Section G.

Maybe trying to hold some back that weren't single seats. I'm amazed at the amount we have sold to be honest, didn't think we would pretty much sell the ground out with ST holders. 

3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Security much more lax in England imo. 

They don't seem to mind people invading the pitch, as long as you don't attack anyone 😂

😂😂😂😂

All roads lead to Gorgie
Just now, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

See the source image

The away section with fences at The Emirates.

4.30pm count today.

It's worth noting that the club released about 27 seats in lower G today, which I think is great news, after several years with an embargo on sales in that section. However, there were around 120 seats in the embargo, so whether these have been sold by the ticket office already (one poster on here suggested a friend had been able to purchase a seat in lower G before today), or whether we'll find some more seats in this section trickling through remains to be seen.

Clearly, we're pretty much in new territory so far as ticket sales are concerned. I would speculate that the club will decide not to open Section K of the Roseburn for season ticket sales in order to keep 500 or seats available for walk-up supporters. I imagine Hearts have planned for this scenario, and will announce something in the next few days when we run out of seats in H and J.

I don't think we can hit 16,000 until the hospitality season ticket sales start next week - we have less than 16,000 seats available in the sections that have been given over to regular season ticketers. But I would fully expect us to pass that mark once our hospitality friends are factored in.

if you're hoping to pick up seats in one of the three usual stands, do keep looking. As I type this, I can see a further 7 seats have been released in lower G.

Finally, the usual caveat - the club may have chunks of seats held back that we can't see....but we're definitely well past 15,000 and counting.

ST 2022 WITH TEXT 22JUN 430PM.jpg

Neverforgetfiveone
1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

It’s all west coast propaganda - we are not reducing their allocation to any less than it was last season! They’re just winging because they’re not getting the whole end and getting the their own way! 

**** them 

🇱🇻

16 minutes ago, JALBO said:

4.30pm count today.

It's worth noting that the club released about 27 seats in lower G today, which I think is great news, after several years with an embargo on sales in that section. However, there were around 120 seats in the embargo, so whether these have been sold by the ticket office already (one poster on here suggested a friend had been able to purchase a seat in lower G before today), or whether we'll find some more seats in this section trickling through remains to be seen.

Clearly, we're pretty much in new territory so far as ticket sales are concerned. I would speculate that the club will decide not to open Section K of the Roseburn for season ticket sales in order to keep 500 or seats available for walk-up supporters. I imagine Hearts have planned for this scenario, and will announce something in the next few days when we run out of seats in H and J.

I don't think we can hit 16,000 until the hospitality season ticket sales start next week - we have less than 16,000 seats available in the sections that have been given over to regular season ticketers. But I would fully expect us to pass that mark once our hospitality friends are factored in.

if you're hoping to pick up seats in one of the three usual stands, do keep looking. As I type this, I can see a further 7 seats have been released in lower G.

Finally, the usual caveat - the club may have chunks of seats held back that we can't see....but we're definitely well past 15,000 and counting.

Loving your posts Jalbo and grateful for you taking the time to do some calcs around this - it's such a feel good factor heading into the new season.  Incredible if we sell more than 15,500 ST's but that does seam to be where we are at!     5k more than our rivals too!

52 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Rangers cut our allocation  several years ago. 

First game of the Championship season we had fans all the way round the corner about 1400 or so. 

Same for the abandoned game the same season. Then they restricted us to the corner using security as an excuse. 

No way would they agree to give us more unless we increased their allocation at Tynecastle. 

I would expect the same with Celtic. 

All of the original cuts in our allocation at Ibrox come from them asking us how many we want. At the time we could have had as many as we wanted however the caveat was that we had to pay them up front for the tickets then sell them. If we couldn’t it was our loss. That’s when we cut right back on the number of tickets we take. Since their rebirth things have changed a little because like us today they had a resurgence in season ticket sales five, six years ago and sold the seats that we would need if we wanted a bigger allocation. That’s why we are where we are.  It’s similar at the other place in Glasgow. 

Fire_At_The_Disco

1 seat in section S lower available I see. Worth keeping checking for those that are still looking

9 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Loving your posts Jalbo and grateful for you taking the time to do some calcs around this - it's such a feel good factor heading into the new season.  Incredible if we sell more than 15,500 ST's but that does seam to be where we are at!     5k more than our rivals too!

👍😁

When you consider that sales are continuing and hospitalty is still to come, 16,000 appears a certainty.  I presume Hearts would stop there to allow for walk ups.

Walk ups are essential.  You can't attract new supporters if they can't get in.

31 minutes ago, JALBO said:

4.30pm count today.

Great work as usual mate 👍 I hope you don’t mind me sharing

superb from our fans once more. 🇱🇻❤️🇱🇻

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

When you consider that sales are continuing and hospitalty is still to come, 16,000 appears a certainty.  I presume Hearts would stop there to allow for walk ups.

Walk ups are essential.  You can't attract new supporters if they can't get in.

Agreed we need to implement the hand the ticket back and re/ sell scheme.

I buy ST but due to family commitments probably average about 70% of fixtures 

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

16000 fools destined to watch is battle it out for 6th place...

You won’t be there then? 😎

8 minutes ago, JAYEL said:

Great work as usual mate 👍 I hope you don’t mind me sharing

superb from our fans once more. 🇱🇻❤️🇱🇻

No worries at all! 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

You won’t be there then? 😎

I signed up yesterday. Fool.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

I signed up yesterday. Fool.

🤣

Anyone that follows Hearts should know that there are no guarantees of succes.  😎

TynecastleBC5

Apologies as I'm sure this has been asked a few times. But it's after 5 pm so I can't phone and with the way things are going I'd like to get season tickets sorted tonight.... What are the clubs plans for the hibs game? I know Europe will probably be a first come first served for the seats. By the looks of the amount we have sold, they won't be able to relocate anybody/everybody elsewhere in the stadium for the game against them? Just curious before buying, if anybody would be kind enough to let me know it would be much appreciated 👍

Tynecastlesmychurch
5 minutes ago, TynecastleBC5 said:

Apologies as I'm sure this has been asked a few times. But it's after 5 pm so I can't phone and with the way things are going I'd like to get season tickets sorted tonight.... What are the clubs plans for the hibs game? I know Europe will probably be a first come first served for the seats. By the looks of the amount we have sold, they won't be able to relocate anybody/everybody elsewhere in the stadium for the game against them? Just curious before buying, if anybody would be kind enough to let me know it would be much appreciated 👍

Believe all season ticket holders in the Roseburn will have first option on derby tickets available in the rest of the stadium. Probably be first come first serve given limited availability! Its the same for games in Europe too. 

Edited by Tynecastlesmychurch

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Season tickets 22/23 - sold out - waiting list now open (updated)