*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Alternatively it shows that Snodgrass waited to see what all his options were before signing for Hearts ...  

Quite. 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

3 minutes ago, ericb said:

This might be a good signing but it is definitely bad management, it clearly shows that we couldn't get who we really wanted. If we really wanted Snodgrass then wed have signed him last week so he could be in Europe squad.

Maybe we couldn't afford our targets' terms or transfer fees.  It's not a sin to be poor

Maybe RS was keeping his options open to get the best possible deal.

These things are seldom black and white.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Class of 75 said:

Sorry, not sure about this signing. Hopefully will come good but has a bit of desperation about it given he is 34.

We need a bit experience. 

We're a very young side at times. 

1 minute ago, Class of 75 said:

Sorry, not sure about this signing. Hopefully will come good but has a bit of desperation about it given he is 34.

He's cover for Boyce and probably an upgrade tbh .

The one thing it isn't is desperation that's for sure .

5 minutes ago, ericb said:

This might be a good signing but it is definitely bad management, it clearly shows that we couldn't get who we really wanted. If we really wanted Snodgrass then wed have signed him last week so he could be in Europe squad.

I don’t think there’s no doubt we missed out on several targets during the window. Don’t know if that’s bad management or not. I’d imagine a lot of clubs failed to land the players they wanted. The other thing is, we may not have been interested in him at all of Boyce wasn’t injured. 

Do feel we haven’t had the window Neilson and staff had hoped for though but that’s just my take on it. No way of categorically proving that. 

2 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

He’s 35 tomorrow. 

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

Maybe we couldn't afford our targets' terms or transfer fees.  It's not a sin to be poor

Maybe RS was keeping his options open to get the best possible deal.

These things are seldom black and white.

Exactly Al. 

10 minutes ago, ericb said:

We wanted Rowles, Forrest, Grant, Shankland, Neilson, Fox. 

2 defeats is affecting people's judgement. 

11 minutes ago, WageThief said:

I was pretty young when joined (10) but I remember him being very good.  Used to take corners with either foot.  I always use him as an example of how I don't know anything about a player until they join us.  But I was actually so young I'd barely have been old enough to judge him at Aberdeen anyway.

When he signed I was indifferent 

If ever a player proved me wrong it was him. Very good player for us.

1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Not sure why your claiming Naismith as a success he was a colosul waste of money

OK 😂😂😂

Was on loan initially with a minimal wage contribution, then signed on a free, and was worth every penny we paid him. He was never here for the money and was here because he wanted to be. That showed. He resonated with Hearts. 

Involved in 10+ goals a season for 3 seasons running (19 in one season) and finally sacked it while we were in the Championship and he was struggling for fitness. 

Naismith was a good signing for everything he brought to the club both on and off the pitch. 

Hoping for the same stuff from Snoddy.

Edited by Batistuta87

August Landmesser
10 minutes ago, ericb said:

Who we really wanted was Boyce, and we can't get him because he's injured 

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

We need a bit experience. 

We're a very young side at times. 

I agree with this. 

He’s also a great character. 

Get the feeling this has been on the go for a while. Halliday “teased” it a few weeks ago saying he would beat Slaney to getting an interview with Snodgrass, but wouldn’t say why. Makes a bit of sense now. 

6 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Is 34 ancient now?

Yes if you have the mental ability of a 5 year old, like some of the posters on this thread.

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

We wanted Rowles, Forrest, Grant, Shankland, Neilson, Fox. 

2 defeats is affecting people's judgement. 

They've replaced players who have left though. Including Clark and Snodgrass we're still 2 players short on what RN said we wanted. Regardless of if we skoosh every game and win the league, the recruiting department has fallen short.

10 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

It's a bit of a gamble, but if he can stay fit and able to play he will add class and quality to the team.  

Dick Dastardly

Could be a great signing for us. I would think he will have looked after himself fairly well and still be quite fit and all that stuff. Hope his work permit doesn't take long to come through... 

Edited by Dick Dastardly

2 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

OK 😂😂😂

Was on loan initially with a minimal wage contribution, then signed on a free, and was worth every penny we paid him. He was never here for the money and was here because he wanted to be. That showed. He resonated with Hearts. 

Involved in 10+ goals a season for 3 seasons running (19 in one season) and finally sacked it while we were in the Championship and he was struggling for fitness. 

Naismith was a good signing for everything he brought to the club both on and off the pitch. 

Not wanting to ruin the thread but to me Naismith was a sham. Injured for ages only to declare himself fit to play for Scotland only to be injured for months after, repeat a number of times.

Captain of the worst unmotivated team that got us demoted. Long term contract was a scandal. Last two seasons did nothing apart from shout at folk, whilst being hopeless.

1 minute ago, LochcarronJambo said:

Personally, really pleased Snodgrass has signed, think he will be good for us & a real leader 

I agree, but most importantly he's a midfield playmaker.

iwasthere1954
16 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Sorry, not sure about this signing. Hopefully will come good but has a bit of desperation about it given he is 34. I know age is sometimes not a factor and happy to be proved wrong 

Did you think the signing of Craig Gordon was desperation given his age at that time.

August Landmesser
6 minutes ago, Sertse said:

They've replaced players who have left though. Including Clark and Snodgrass we're still 2 players short on what RN said we wanted. Regardless of if we skoosh every game and win the league, the recruiting department has fallen short.

Tbf, if we skooshed every game and won the league, I wouldn't give a flying fk if we did it with a squad of 26 or 28.

4 minutes ago, Chillidigits said:

Snograss . Should do well on the plastic pitches.

165D21FB-B401-4C22-A08C-CE756DC60F0F.jpeg

Edited by 22games nro
I see what you did there !

Naisys Tackle
Just now, iwasthere1954 said:

Did you think the signing of Craig Gordon was desperation given his age at that time.

No, Gordon is still class and a Goalkeeper is a different kettle of fish.  Stop the Craig Gordon comparisons. 

9 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Step away from the keyboard!

3 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Not wanting to ruin the thread but to me Naismith was a sham. Injured for ages only to declare himself fit to play for Scotland only to be injured for months after, repeat a number of times.

Captain of the worst unmotivated team that got us demoted. Long term contract was a scandal. Last two seasons did nothing apart from shout at folk, whilst being hopeless.

Snodgrass only signed till end of the season, nothing like the contract Naismith got in length of time.

Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

No, Gordon is still class and a Goalkeeper is a different kettle of fish.  Stop the Craig Gordon comparisons. 

Loads of the usual idiots on here didn't want Gordon back as he was 'too old'. Have a look back at the threads. You could write down the collective football knowledge of most of our fans on the back of a match-day ticket!

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Loads of the usual idiots on here didn't want Gordon back as he was 'too old'. Have a look back at the threads. You could write down the collective football knowledge of most of our fans on the back of a match-day ticket!

Thats true tbh.  Fair point well made. 

14 minutes ago, Sertse said:

That's a good situation for you, isn't it?  If we do win the league you'll still have something to whine about on here to make yourself happy.  Win/win/whine/whine.

Edited by WageThief

49 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Having been to Luton I can dig that 

I loved him at West Ham

Great character

Great for team morale

Decent set pieces and will contribute 

Delighted with this signing TBH

Just a pity he didn’t sign on Friday

Great addition to the squad for the rest of the Season though 

ScandinavianJambo
40 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Hopefully more than 9 games mind.

Well that's true. 9 of the right games can make a difference though 😅

26 minutes ago, WageThief said:

I was pretty young when joined (10) but I remember him being very good.  Used to take corners with either foot.  I always use him as an example of how I don't know anything about a player until they join us.  But I was actually so young I'd barely have been old enough to judge him at Aberdeen anyway.

It's a good point mate. I always thought Bett was a good player at Aberdeen based on seeing him play against us. It's only when you see players regularly that you often see what you maybe aren't looking at or for in opponents. He would take inswinging corners with either foot as you say. Eamonn Bannon used to do that too!

tartofmidlothian
22 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

OK 😂😂😂

11 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Naismith and Berra were both outstanding signings, the players they were in their first season or two would have really shone in the squad we have now. Sad we got to watch their decline through injury, although Naismith always played well between increasingly long stretches on the treatment table.

10 minutes ago, iwasthere1954 said:

No not at all he is obviously world class and you can't compare goalkeepers with outfield players. I really hope it works and makes the difference.

Goodness. How low can our recruitment ambitions go.

Hardly played over the last 2 years. Hardly plays 90 minutes.

35 years old with no longevity or sell on value.

Hasnt played a competitive game since May. Won’t be match fit ever. 

Will want to take all the set pieces to remind us that he is still on the pitch.

Scraping the splinters off the barrel bottom.

August Landmesser
1 minute ago, jam doughnut said:

Goodness. How low can our recruitment ambitions go.

Hardly played over the last 2 years. Hardly plays 90 minutes.

35 years old with no longevity or sell on value.

Hasnt played a competitive game since May. Won’t be match fit ever. 

Will want to take all the set pieces to remind us that he is still on the pitch.

Scraping the splinters off the barrel bottom.

2/10 must try harder 

You need some lessons from Ainsley Harriot 

Ainsley Harriott
30 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

OK 😂😂😂

No he wasn't but nice try at some fantasy stats