• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

1 minute ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

So far seen him referred to as a winger, midfielder  and forward. What's his best position? 

I think link up play is his best. Could do the Boyce or Grant role. 

But having played mostly at a higher level he could end up being goalscorer. 

ScandinavianJambo
7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Definitely can play the Boyce role centrally and up front. 

Yes, a natural number 10, which we are in desperate need of. I hope he is fit, as if he is he csn definitely contribute!

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

He needs to be better than Boyce in the number 10 role. Think that's a possibility? 

Hopefully if he is fit enough to play.

51 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Your comment suggested you were questioning the point of signing anyone since they can't play in Europe. 

I'm questioning the fact it's been left until after the window closed to sign someone in a position we knew needed filled months ago. If they were signed when they should have been, we'd have even more players available for Europe. 

I'm not happy that it's ended up this way because we've seen ourselves off.

Yes I'm glad we are signing players, not happy that it's been timed poorly.

Just now, jim747 said:

Decent left peg, hopefully he stays fit in whatever position he plays in.

Wonder eh. Anything from cm, am, wing and 10 youd think.

See it as a Don Cowie signing. He split opinion but i think he did a very good job for us. Snoddys a better player than Don was imo too. Cowie was still megafit though so interesting to see what Snodders has in the tank.

Hes a guy i always enjoyed seeing for Scotland and just seems to have a good character, very likeable.

The best we've played all season was against Zurich with the 4-1-4-1 and Devlin in a single pivot role. If Snood is good enough at the #10 role, maybe we can roll that out more often.

SomethingAboutObua

All for talking up the league but people do realise we play in the Scottish Premier League, not the English? He's well above the standard required to beat the bottom 6 sides  

48 minutes ago, Waterboy said:

Emm...they didn't. He turned down their offer of a new contract...

Having been to Luton I can dig that 

I loved him at West Ham

Great character

Great for team morale

Decent set pieces and will contribute 

Delighted with this signing TBH

Bazzas right boot

Just what we need tbh. 

Good footballer and professional, we were lacking a bit maturity and street smarts. 

Good short term replacement for Boyce and a good signing. 

Will contribute on and off the pitch. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

He's been playing number 10 for Luton rather than out wide so plenty involvement in games then which should ensure he is in good shape. He can't play on Thursday's but that should make sure he is fit and ready to go in the bread and butter games of the league.

9 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

Im hoping he proves me wrong, but i think this is one of those where you might get 10 games a season out of him.

Happy with this signing. Of course we want to do well in Europe, but what is most important to our progress is that we cement ourselves in 3rd. With Boyce out, this is just the sort of player we needed to sign. Even at 34 he should be more than good enough to play in the SPL.

I think it is becoming increasingly clear that we were knocked back on most of our signing targets during the window.

Anything’s a bonus now

His main asset has always been his passing/crossing ability and he’s good for a goal, you don’t lose those qualities with age so as long as he’s kept himself fit then he’ll be a good signing 

Captain Canada

I think he'll be a good signing. 

Slightly disappointed we couldn't get him in time to be involved in Europe. I think his experience would have helped a bit. 

A Shoreditch Heart
3 minutes ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

Now wouldn't that be something 😁

Lets hope so - I reckon he could be good addition to us

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Just disappointed we didn't end up with better given the chat about quality over quantity all summer but think he might do OK for us. 

I think so too. Just wondering why it couldn’t be done last week for European purposes. He’d qualify as home grown too. 

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I wasn't sure when it was first mentioned  we might be after Snodgrass, I worried what kind of shape he might be in but he looks fine in the photo. I know he can put in some pin point crosses and inswinging corners and even if he doesn't last a full 90 he can be an attacking threat even without a lot of pace left in his legs. Welcome Robert.

Yip and he was never that fast either, never relied on pace from what I remember. 

15 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Honestly indifferent. 

Feels like our McGeady signing. 

Hope he proves me wrong. 

Feels like Gordon to me!

Tom Hardy’s Dug
21 minutes ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

So far seen him referred to as a winger, midfielder  and forward. What's his best position? 

In his own words he prefers 10 position but flexible with drifting in from the right.

But he can play wide and central mid if needed.

Arthur Morgan

FC Zurich’s best player against us in the 1st leg was Blerim Dzemaili, and he's 36! He scored their 2nd goal and is a CM. 

Edited by Arthur Morgan

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

In his own words he prefers 10 position but flexible with drifting in from the right.

But he can play wide and central mid if needed

You’ve got to imagine he’s been signed as a 10. 

1 hour ago, Carter said:

Jim Bett was 35 when he joined us. That was a serious eye opener to see his quality at close quarters.

I was pretty young when joined (10) but I remember him being very good.  Used to take corners with either foot.  I always use him as an example of how I don't know anything about a player until they join us.  But I was actually so young I'd barely have been old enough to judge him at Aberdeen anyway.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, GinRummy said:

Yep. Agreed.

Does him no harm to say he is flexible though.

Just now, GinRummy said:

This might be a good signing but it is definitely bad management, it clearly shows that we couldn't get who we really wanted. If we really wanted Snodgrass then wed have signed him last week so he could be in Europe squad.

2 minutes ago, ericb said:

This might be a good signing but it is definitely bad management, it clearly shows that we couldn't get who we really wanted. If we really wanted Snodgrass then wed have signed him last week so he could be in Europe squad.

Alternatively it shows that Snodgrass waited to see what all his options were before signing for Hearts ...  

Just now, ericb said:

It's possible that we tried to sign someone else and it fell through.  It's also possible that Snodgrass was waiting on something else and it fell through.  It's also possible (but less likely) that we/Snodgrass were holding out for less/more wages.

So no definitely about it really.  And not being able to get who we really wanted isn't bad management anyway, that's just simple logic ffs.

26 minutes ago, Sertse said:

I'm questioning the fact it's been left until after the window closed to sign someone in a position we knew needed filled months ago. If they were signed when they should have been, we'd have even more players available for Europe. 

I'm not happy that it's ended up this way because we've seen ourselves off.

Yes I'm glad we are signing players, not happy that it's been timed poorly.

Maybe wasn't anything to do with us? Maybe he's hummed and hawed over his options (quite entitled to do so if course), hasn't made a decision, and we've felt it worth waiting for. That's the way I see it at least and I have to say I agree. I think he'll be a fantastic signing. 

Sorry, not sure about this signing. Hopefully will come good but has a bit of desperation about it given he is 34. I know age is sometimes not a factor and happy to be proved wrong 

Edited by Class of 75

8 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Yep. Agreed.

Does him no harm to say he is flexible though.

That's what he said in his interview. Prefers playing as a 10 cutting in from the right, which is exactly what we need.

7 minutes ago, ericb said:

Pure guesswork. It doesn't show anything.