*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Surely going to play no.10 instead of on the wing? Better than Boyce?

You’ve got to think that’s the position we’ve signed him for. 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Just now, OmiyaHearts said:

It's a kick in the balls for Grant, if we're panic signing a 35 year old to take his place in the team after 5 games.

Surely Snodgrass is a reaction to Boyce’s injury?

Holyrood_Hearts

A few people focusing on his age. It’s funny how you get players in better leagues playing older than this without it being seen as a negative. 

If Snodgrass is fit & still got it (as such) he should do well. Can’t say I mind him being particularly quick but his technical game got him where he was. Delighted if he signs

Happy with Snodgrass, he's not going to start most weeks - he's going to be a really handy player to bring on in the second half.  A bit of midfield creativity we've been shouting for,

Don't give a feck if he's a free agent now.

26 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

He was an utter welt as well. 

See to be fair, I think Savage, I think he's maybe just found out first hand how challenging a spot we are in.

How I see it is: to sign players good enough to get you 3rd in Scotland is a doable target, in terms of the quality of player needed versus the stature of the club, we're in a favourable place. To sign players to get you significantly further ahead in 3rd versus the rest and can put in performances in Europe, the quality of player needed means we're not in as favourable a place versus the other teams competing in that market for those players. I'd guess we're missing out on players at a substantially higher rate than before. Perhaps Savage just didn't realise how savage the market would be (excuse the pun). 

This!

2 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

It's a kick in the balls for Grant, if we're panic signing a 35 year old to take his place in the team after 5 games.

No it's not, it's a squad game these days and we need cover with Boyce injured which Snodgrass will provide. Grant will play plenty of games this season but you could see how disjointed we have been the last few games in an attacking sense. Hopefully Kio and Snodgrass help fill that void. I think he will be excellent in the number 10 role and he's also got very good delivery with set pieces which is something we badly need. 

tartofmidlothian
52 minutes ago, Rods said:

Stop gap signing someone who is able to hit the ground running. Also brings international and Premier League experience. Not a whelm signing due to his age but a common sense signing considering the current team and injuries. 

46 minutes ago, Gregski51 said:

We need a player who can find a pass forward and pick out a striker. He'll tick that box

44 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Funny AF nicking him from under well's noses :rofl:

For all these reasons, I'm in.

I can see a lot of similarities between Snods and Rudi’s second spell.

Rudi mainly had a free role up top I’d presume Snodgrass will have a similar role and move around the pitch more than Rudi which ain’t hard :lol: and both good vision, could see a pass, decent delivery have wands of left foots.

Good signing IMO.

Gordon Ramsay
30 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Calling it a barrel scraping approach then saying it’s a signing you like

Just disappointed we didn't end up with better given the chat about quality over quantity all summer but think he might do OK for us. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Would think so. In Edinburgh finalising deal, or words to that effect, is what’s being reported. Another on pitch welcome, like Kiomourtzoglou, on Thursday.  

👍

Yeah possibly Thursday , hopefully with  a couple more signings 

Ainsley Harriott

The panic button has been well and truly pressed with a 35 year old signing. If he was still up to doing a good job why did Luton let him go? 

Happy clappers incoming 

26 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Do you honestly think that's the point I'm making?

Your comment suggested you were questioning the point of signing anyone since they can't play in Europe. 

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

The panic button has been well and truly pressed with a 35 year old signing. If he was still up to doing a good job why did Luton let him go? 

Happy clappers incoming 

The panic button was well and truly pressed with the signing of a 37 year old goalkeeper. If he was still doing a good job why did Celtic let him go?

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Happy clappers incoming 

Most likely because they could afford to go for a younger player on a higher salary.

Why don't you phone Luton and ask them?

If he joins, then hopefully he will do well. If he doesn't, then we carry on. 

You carry on being miserable though if it helps you get through the day.

11 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Happy clappers incoming 

Sorry but just because he's not good enough for Luton doesn't mean he's not good enough for us. Their recruitment and wage structure is on another level. 

See also: Craig Gordon

See also: Steven Naismith

See also: Steven Davis 

See also: Alan McGregor 

See also: Charlie Mulgrew

See also: David Marshall  

Plenty more. 

Edited by Batistuta87

23 minutes ago, Carter said:

Jim Bett was 35 when he joined us. That was a serious eye opener to see his quality at close quarters.

Fantastuc signing for Hearts at the time.

south morocco
16 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Not true. We know of 3 players that would have been good for us that we chased aggressivley but were knocked back. There would likely have been another 2 or 3 that knocked us back. 

At that point he moves to the next on the list and we gor Humphrys. We coukd have signed Snodgrass ages ago but clearly tried many other targets higher on the list first. 

Hearts are in a really difficult spot in that we are trying to sign players who are better than we have and that is not easy. 

Whose the 3 that’s knocked us back?

8 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Happy clappers incoming 

We signed Gordon when he was 37.

1 minute ago, Pap said:

Fantastuc signing for Hearts at the time.

Brilliant. A superb footballer. 

Snodgrass is a very good footballer. Never quick but good brain and will add a bit of quality and guile. 

AlphonseCapone
Just now, briever said:

We signed Gordon when he was 37.

Not to be in the horrific position of defending Ainsley but GKs aren't a fair comparison to outfield players age and longevity wise. 

9 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Happy clappers incoming 

Maybe he wanted released? Its Luton ffs :laugh:

Maybe wants to come to a club, back nearer home.

12 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Happy clappers incoming 

Emm...they didn't. He turned down their offer of a new contract...

August Landmesser
28 minutes ago, Carter said:

Jim Bett was 35 when he joined us. That was a serious eye opener to see his quality at close quarters.

He was incredible - used to just glide through games

1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

I would understand if the reasoning was bringing a bit of experience to the European games, but it's not.

We really need to increase the pace and energy in the league.

Need someone who can find a pass to unlock tight defences when playing bottom six teams. Fingers crossed he will give us that

pettigrewsstylist
13 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Just disappointed we didn't end up with better given the chat about quality over quantity all summer but think he might do OK for us. 

Im sure all concerned are tbh. We are where we are tho, and on the right length of contract, i.e 1 yr with target options he might provide some of the link AND unlocking in final 3rd we have sorely sought. All based upon the fact his position will be primarily central and not wide.

18 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

In one.

Naisys Tackle

Hopefully he has kept himself fit since leaving Luton.  Could go either way the signing.

If he was going to Aberdeen/Hibs would everyone be saying that's a great signing?  Honestly?

Hopefully a very able stop gap for a year (or half a season if unfit.  Will do a job against bottom 6 teams. 

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Is there some sort of caveat where we can add a player to our European squad or is this just wishful thinking 

None at all mate. 

tartofmidlothian
1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

If he was going to Aberdeen/Hibs would everyone be saying that's a great signing?  Honestly?

Yeah, I'd say it was a decent signing.

7 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

He was incredible - used to just glide through games

Top notch. His performance in the 4-2 cup win over Rangers whilst Tynecastle was being redeveloped was outstanding. They had some real quality in their side. Bett was the best player on the park by some distance. Effortless style. 

19 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Most likely because they could afford to go for a younger player on a higher salary.

Why don't you phone Luton and ask them?

If he joins, then hopefully he will do well. If he doesn't, then we carry on. 

You carry on being miserable though if it helps you get through the day.

🤣

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Yeah, I'd say it was a decent signing.

Cool.  At least youre honest :) personally would say like McGeady he could be a good signing if keeping fit so hopefully we get some luck in that department.  Adam, McCarthy, McGeady and Dorrans have all shown coming back up here late on isnt as easy as it seems. 

2 minutes ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

The proof is in the pudding. Stop gap fit until Benji comes back....

I see no similarities with Snodgrass and Beni. He's surely been brought in to play as a No. 10 or wide in a front 3. I'd be amazed if he plays central midfield. Not his skillset. 

Ainsley Harriott
21 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Sorry but just because he's not good enough for Luton doesn't mean he's not good enough for us. Their recruitment and wage structure is on another level. 

See also: Craig Gordon

See also: Steven Naismith

See also: Steven Davis 

See also: Alan McGregor 

See also: Charlie Mulgrew

See also: David Marshall  

Plenty more. 

Not sure why your claiming Naismith as a success he was a colosul waste of money

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Carter said:

I see no similarities with Snodgrass and Beni. He's surely been brought in to play as a No. 10 or wide in a front 3. I'd be amazed if he plays central midfield. Not his skillset. 

Behind Humphry would imagine if Robbie keeps benching Shankland at the weekends. 

pettigrewsstylist
8 minutes ago, Carter said:

Top notch. His performance in the 4-2 cup win over Rangers whilst Tynecastle was being redeveloped was outstanding. They had some real quality in their side. Bett was the best player on the park by some distance. Effortless style. 

Wtf, big slim MOTM for his slick nosebleed dribble surely! 😁

Malinga the Swinga
14 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

If he had signed for either of them, or for any other Scottish club, then we would be swamped with comments from the usual haters saying he is the exact type of player we should be singing.

If he signs for us, and I'll wait for official confirmation before believing it (which I see has just arrived) then those same people will come out with the 'past it, too old' comments.

Any and every player that signs for us will get my full support until the day he leaves, then I'll revert back to disliking them. 

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

8 minutes ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

The proof is in the pudding. Stop gap fit until Benji comes back....

Have you ever seen Snodgrass play football?

We'll see how he does but Snodgrass is a very clever player. For example I rate Kinsgsley and McKay as clever players. 

Also with the signings of Grant and Forrest before last 2 games Hearts are moving the ball quicker. He fits into the way we are already playing and will probably improve it.

His best days might be past, but he's got a very good reputation in the game. 

Edited by Mikey1874

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***