*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Could be a belter of a signing - cracking player, by all accounts good for a dressing room, dead ball expert, plenty experience and will likely become a key member of the senior leadership team

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

11 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We've signed a guy with a Skacel-esq left peg who has played 100's of games at the highest level & Internationally and we've got folk moaning. The word spoilt comes to mind. He'll score a few screamers for us. 

Incredible transfer window all in all and folk think the board have been 'penny pinching' and 'dropped the ball' ?? Either idiots, trolls or Hibs ***** or a combination of the three?

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Incredible transfer window all in all and folk think the board have been 'penny pinching' and 'dropped the ball' ?? Either idiots, trolls or Hibs ***** or a combination of the three?

Some Hearts fans are just never happy or content with anything. 

1 year.

Decent gamble.

Look at what who we have gave 3 & 4 year deals to previously.

If hes crap, he goes in May 23. 

Or maybe…He’s absolutely class!!!

Good experienced international,  premiership experience. Retired from national team to look after his body long term a few years ago. 

Heard many players, ex-players and people in the game mention his character and positivity. 

Allegledly amazing at prank calls, and banter. Not always a bad thing!!

Cant be registered for Europe. No travelling etc can only be a good thing for his age and injury history.  More time to get ready for games. So potentially and hopefully a good signing, I'm 60/40. My only concern is injury.  Everything else about him keeps him a premiership player down south.

Injury free we have a real quality player here.

Anyone else remember when Jo Venglos brought Lubo Moravcik to Celtic at the age of 33? Ended up staying 4 seasons, had a scoring rate of nearly 1 in 3, and was idolised by the Celtic fans. Not every player over 32 is past it.

The White Cockade
1 minute ago, Famous 1874 said:

Good signing. Can’t really complain. 

You have to complain mate

It’s the Kickback way!

😂

14 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Some Hearts fans are just never happy or content with anything. 

Hopefully  a few more are happy with is adding Kio and Snodgrass to the spine of the team. Those additions, plus Halkett coming back from injury should make a massive difference to performances. Rowles and Beni to return later in the season too.

I'm officially excited.  Hope he's raring to go Sunday.  Mind you, if we win 5-0 on Thursday, I don't want Robbie tinkering with the starting side.

tartofmidlothian
30 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

The window after the transfer window is shaping up pretty well too.

Dick Dastardly
1 hour ago, OTT said:

He's just THAT good 😎

On kickback he is only 1 bad game away from being an overrated imposter/wage thief/charlatan remember! 😂 😂 

1 minute ago, jamborich said:

Appreciate he can’t play on Thursday but is he available for the others

No. I think he missed the boat for all games unless we can get through and their is a further registration window after the group stages ... Could be wrong but I think this is the case 

Just now, martoon said:

Can European squad players be replaced if injured?

Was just trying to look that exact question up when u posted.

I don't think so but don't know for definite. 

Just now, Hearts1975 said:

Was just trying to look that exact question up when u posted.

I don't think so but don't know for definite. 

I had a wee look around too but found nothing.

It wasn't exactly an extensive search, tbf. 😊 

1 minute ago, martoon said:

I had a wee look around too but found nothing.

It wasn't exactly an extensive search, tbf. 😊 

Aye, I'm the same. 

It sounds too good to be true so for now we can probably say naw 😑

3 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Snodgrass is a "hmmm" signing in that the signing in terms of need makes sense and it also adds valuable experience. The real question is whether he has the hunger or is just padding his pension. For everyone's sake I hope it is the former.

The interview made it sound like he was enjoying the idea of teaming up with Naisy and Gordon again.

Naisys Tackle
1 hour ago, martoon said:

No.  No player can be registered after the deadline.  Not even a goalie crisis. 

Naisys Tackle
20 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

The interview made it sound like he was enjoying the idea of teaming up with Naisy and Gordon again.

He is best mates with Halliday.  They used to be flat mates. 

27 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

He is best mates with Halliday.  They used to be flat mates. 

Even better. We're much more likely to get quality out of him if he's happy and enjoying his football.

Naisys Tackle
5 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Even better. We're much more likely to get quality out of him if he's happy and enjoying his football.

Agree.  If hes the same attitude we have a top player on our hands too. 

7 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Hello, Robert, it's Robbie here, I got you a good parking space; hope you like it

Hide contents

SNO.thumb.jpg.7aa57302bd4479bb9b58cf5447e40e5f.jpg

That is Hallidays parking space clearly 

Ricardo Quaresma
6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

That is Hallidays parking space clearly 

Yes, but he gets a lift from Snoddy, so Snoddy is kept out of the loop

We wanted 4 on deadline day. We have got three in. 

Euro registration aside, we have probably got the bulk of the numbers now that we were trying for - although many were asking for/talking about four outfielders. 

Still hoping for a defender and an attacker in the free agent market?

Are folk wanting a 9 or a winger? Or do we think Humphrys is there to cover both?

8 hours ago, martoon said:

6 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Actually, the GK crisis is the only time someone can be registered after the deadline. But given we have 4 GK registered in the squad, it would take extremes to ever be in that position.

From UEFA:

Is that it?

Not necessarily. If a club cannot count on the services of at least two goalkeepers registered on List A because of long-term injury or illness (i.e. one that lasts 30 days), a club can temporarily replace him at any time during the season.”

43 minutes ago, CMc said:

We wanted 4 on deadline day. We have got three in. 

Euro registration aside, we have probably got the bulk of the numbers now that we were trying for - although many were asking for/talking about four outfielders. 

Still hoping for a defender and an attacker in the free agent market?

Are folk wanting a 9 or a winger? Or do we think Humphrys is there to cover both?

Need to see what Humphrys is capable of after more than half a training session with his teammates before being conclusive. But I’m going to be greedy and say I want both. I don’t believe Henderson is the striker/CF we need, and feel we always needed 3 for the season. With Boyce out we have Shankland and Humphrys so feel we’re already too reliant on them as it is, and all it will take is even one of them to be injured for us to be really stuck. If Snodgrass can make the no.10 his own, then all we’d need is a wide player - preferably if I’m selfish someone who can play across the front 3 as many modern forwards do - someone with pace and creativity. But these are big asks. And although I don’t think it’s a major priority, there’s some who believe CB (more RCB) needs another body too.

I’m delighted we have got Snodgrass. Just look at the messages on social media from Leeds, Luton, West Ham and Villa fans for a flavour of how he is loved at all those clubs. He seems to have a great attitude as well and I think we are in for a decent player. He has bags of experience of playing at the top level and that can only be good for us if he can stay fit. He will be Boyces replacement in the number 10 role I think. 

29 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Looks like Rimmer's to me 

We never signed him in the end ………. Was going to make a Red Dwarf related joke about him but did not realise he committed suicide in 2019 

Arturus I mean not Chris Barrie

9 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

Aye, I'm the same. 

It sounds too good to be true so for now we can probably say naw 😑

8 hours ago, Waterboy said:

Nope.

8 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Actually, the GK crisis is the only time someone can be registered after the deadline. But given we have 4 GK registered in the squad, it would take extremes to ever be in that position.

From UEFA:

Is that it?

Not necessarily. If a club cannot count on the services of at least two goalkeepers registered on List A because of long-term injury or illness (i.e. one that lasts 30 days), a club can temporarily replace him at any time during the season.”

Ah well, never mind, it was worth a try. 😃 

Had a drink with a journalist acquaintance last night. We apparently did speak to Aberdeen about Ramirez but any deal was killed off by the fee Aberdeen wanted for him.  A pity, he might have been just what we needed.

6 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Had a drink with a journalist acquaintance last night. We apparently did speak to Aberdeen about Ramirez but any deal was killed off by the fee Aberdeen wanted for him.  A pity, he might have been just what we needed.

Well they can pay his wages whilst he festers on their bench.

11 hours ago, Cruyff said:

We've signed a guy with a Skacel-esq left peg who has played 100's of games at the highest level & Internationally and we've got folk moaning. The word spoilt comes to mind. He'll score a few screamers for us. 

Could be used similarly to Rudi. Neither have had much pace about them, especially for wingers.

If I recall correctly, in Rudi’s second spell he had more of a free/central role than an out and out winger. Anywhere across the front three or in the Boyce 10 role would then fit him in that style. I have no doubt he could still be an out and out winger too. 

10 hours ago, martoon said:

No, there is only provision for when a club doesn't have 2 senior goalkeepers 

From 2nd Sept there are no changes to squads until the knockouts.

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaconferenceleague/clubs/50120--hearts//squad/

Squad list above, Kio and Humphrys in, Snodgrass won't be eligible

This day last year Barrie McKay signed and completed our incomings until Atkinson joined over Christmas.  Also added a view of end of last season vs current squad that a few had mentioned.

image.png.6a2236835aec5e0e81e7f7450479094a.png

10 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

On kickback he is only 1 bad game away from being an overrated imposter/wage thief/charlatan remember! 😂 😂 

JKB is more fickle than you think then. He's an overrated imposter wage thief charlatan on here before he's even kicked a baw. Only when he has a great game will he lose that label. 

44 minutes ago, Ribble said:

No, there is only provision for when a club doesn't have 2 senior goalkeepers 

From 2nd Sept there are no changes to squads until the knockouts.

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaconferenceleague/clubs/50120--hearts//squad/

Squad list above, Kio and Humphrys in, Snodgrass won't be eligible

Thanks, bud.