*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

38 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

But I thought free agents wouldn't want to sign for us out with the Euro registration window??

They don’t. Unless they have family and connections within a 70 mile radius of Tynecastle that is.

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

21 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Is that yes in regards to that we are looking at two free agents (now 1 as Snodgrass has signed?)

Incl Snodgrass, hadn’t realised he had signed when I posted Thought it was  just speculation.  

5 minutes ago, OTT said:

Gordon

Smith Halkett Kingsley Cochrane

Devlin Haring

McKay Snodgrass McKay

Shankland

:glorious:

Think the Livi game showed we have a bit of an absence in leadership and experience in the final 3rd. Sure, he's 34 so likely will need to have his minutes managed, but won't be playing in Europe. He's also scored a barrelload across Englands top two divisions over the last decade. We're getting him at the tail end of his career, but I think he'll be a very astute signing. 

I like this line up. And that's not including Kio, Grant and long term injuries Boyce, Rowles and Benni 😎

41 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Let down badly very late on deadline day I believe. Just one of those things, everything agreed verbally and then decides to go somewhere else.  Happens a lot in football. Agents looking after themselves rather than their clients at times as well. 

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493b4gmj1qcxndx3hyw9mp

7 hours ago, Sertse said:

There was the opportunity to push the boat out, sign players on a higher wage than we could afford and fail to make the money back in Europe and potentially put ourselves in trouble financially. Zero pounds per defeat in Europe. It's a chance missed.

It's hard to fathom what the board were thinking! 

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

They don’t. Unless they have family and connections within a 70 mile radius of Tynecastle that is.

Obviously Scottish players are more likely, but Djoum and Pallardo both signed well into September.

I think the time required for work permits these days might put us off that route though, unless it's someone really worthwhile.

10 minutes ago, OTT said:

Gordon

Devlin Haring

McKay Snodgrass McKay

Shankland

Think the Livi game showed we have a bit of an absence in leadership and experience in the final 3rd. Sure, he's 34 so likely will need to have his minutes managed, but won't be playing in Europe. He's also scored a barrelload across Englands top two divisions over the last decade. We're getting him at the tail end of his career, but I think he'll be a very astute signing. 

Two McKays? Yes please 

I reckon he'll either be good or bad.

He'll stay fit or get injured and will either benefit or hinder our team.

Hes got a good attitude.....or maybe hes got a bad attitude but one for sure is he'll work hard for the team...........or not.

12 minutes ago, OTT said:

Gordon

Devlin Haring

McKay Snodgrass McKay

Shankland

Are we cloning McKay?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Snodgrass is a "hmmm" signing in that the signing in terms of need makes sense and it also adds valuable experience. The real question is whether he has the hunger or is just padding his pension. For everyone's sake I hope it is the former.

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Obviously Scottish players are more likely, but Djoum and Pallardo both signed well into September.

I think the time required for work permits these days might put us off that route though, unless it's someone really worthwhile.

I think if we can sign someone good on a three contract, then while not optimal in regards to get a player in now for games, then we would go through work permit option.

14 minutes ago, OTT said:

Gordon

Devlin Haring

McKay Snodgrass McKay

Shankland

Cloning Barrie would indeed be glorious. 

7 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

I reckon he'll either be good or bad.

He'll stay fit or get injured and will either benefit or hinder our team.

Hes got a good attitude.....or maybe hes got a bad attitude but one for sure is he'll work hard for the team...........or not.

So your on the fence then🤷‍♂️

10 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Yes, the work permits issue since Brexit will put paid to that. Whereas before funnily enough it was more likely to get a Djoum or Pallardo than it would be someone from England. As we know, home grown players like their creature comforts. But Brexit has narrowed that market for us. Would be hard to argue in a panel if a player can’t find a club by the end of the window, unless they had obvious known talent.

51 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I did numb nuts. You are talking shit it was as follows combining goals and assists 

So only in one season was he involved in 10 or more goals. So you are talking pish 

You're obviously just looking at league goals, I'm looking at overall. I've misread his stats for the time he was on loan but his 2 full seasons with us he scored 14 assisted 4 in 18/19 then scored 5 assisted 5 in 19/20 despite some time out injured. 20/21 was his only bad season with us in the Championship because his knee was wrecked by then. In truth he shouldn't have came back from that injury and should have called it a day then. Far from a terrible signing overall though. 

12 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Snodgrass is a "hmmm" signing in that the signing in terms of need makes sense and it also adds valuable experience. The real question is whether he has the hunger or is just padding his pension. For everyone's sake I hope it is the former.

I seriously doubt he needs to pad his pension.  He will be playing for us for pocket money compared to the last 14 years earnings. 

Dick Dastardly
26 minutes ago, OTT said:

Gordon

Smith HalkettKingsleyCochrane

McKay McKay 

McKay McKay McKay

McKay 

Fixed it for you

Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

Yes, the work permits issue since Brexit will put paid to that. Whereas before funnily enough it was more likely to get a Djoum or Pallardo than it would be someone from England. As we know, home grown players like their creature comforts. But Brexit has narrowed that market for us. Would be hard to argue in a panel if a player can’t find a club by the end of the window, unless they had obvious known talent.

I don't think obtaining a work permit is an issue, it's just the wait. In fact, I can't think of a single player signing for a Scottish club who's been denied a work permit post-Brexit?

There are lots of reasons for not having a club after the window so I doubt it'd make a difference tbh.

7 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Don’t think the threshold is very high.  The panel is made up of scottish football experienced people.  Limited ability to object given precedents already set. 

Genuinely think Snodgrass is a good signing.

Great experience, by all accounts a good character in the dressing room, has genuine quality, and will be a good role model. Thinking back to Livi I’d say we were missing someone like that outfield.

And those moaning about age can sniff my barse. Look at James Milner at Liverpool. He’s not in that squad for his pace.

Bring it on.

2 hours ago, WageThief said:

That's a good situation for you, isn't it?  If we do win the league you'll still have something to whine about on here to make yourself happy.  Win/win/whine/whine.

Keep clapping

jamboinglasgow
8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Don’t think the threshold is very high.  The panel is made up of scottish football experienced people.  Limited ability to object given precedents already set. 

I agree, its something Scottish football can exploit. The only problem is the length of time it takes the work permit to be processed, but the panel system makes it much easier for non-British players to go to Scottish football.

One  big plus could be off the field where in training he could have a big influence in the development of young MFs like Pollock, McGill, C Smith etc.

Edited by JamboAl

3 minutes ago, chimpto said:

Genuinely think Snodgrass is a good signing.

Great experience, by all accounts a good character in the dressing room, has genuine quality, and will be a good role model. Thinking back to Livi I’d say we were missing someone like that outfield.

And those moaning about age can sniff my barse. Look at James Milner at Liverpool. He’s not in that squad for his pace.

Bring it on.

We’ve been missing that type of character since Naismith retired. Steve Davis is 37 this year and he did ok in the cup final against our boys.

Good signing, in my view, I mentioned him way back when he was linked with Motherwell that we should be looking at him. Shame he's not available for Europe but happy to have him here.

Hackney Hearts
19 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

We’ve been missing that type of character since Naismith retired. Steve Davis is 37 this year and he did ok in the cup final against our boys.

Luka Modric will be 37 in 3 days time - seemed to be playing ok tonight?

Apparently Snodgrass wants to be known around the dressing room as Rabbie.  Sung 'a man's a man for a that' as part of his initiation.

Halliday apparently responded "For lords n kings I dinnae mourn, but that wis shite, ma ears are shorn"

Snodgrass is not a great singer it seems. 

Just now, Hackney Hearts said:

Was going to post this. Age means nothing for a lot of players. Hopefully Snodgrass is one of them.

3 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Beat me to it

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

It took me a little time to grasp the significance of that statement.  It has crossed my mind on several occasions.

iwasthere1954
3 hours ago, Class of 75 said:

No not at all he is obviously world class and you can't compare goalkeepers with outfield players. I really hope it works and makes the difference.

I think we all do.

iwasthere1954
3 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

No, Gordon is still class and a Goalkeeper is a different kettle of fish.  Stop the Craig Gordon comparisons. 

At the end of the day he is still old in footballing terms. 

Konrad von Carstein
2 hours ago, GBJambo said:

Hmm 🤔 

Nice one Hobo 

Hmm 🤔 

Nice one Hobo 

Hmm 🤔 

Hibs prick 

Hmm 🤔 

Hibs prick 

Hmm 🤔 

Hibs prick 

Hmm 🤔 

Hibs prick 

Hmm 🤔 

Hibs prick 

This, and it cannot be overstated is excellent posting...

We've signed a guy with a Skacel-esq left peg who has played 100's of games at the highest level & Internationally and we've got folk moaning. The word spoilt comes to mind. He'll score a few screamers for us. 

This is a good signing in my book. We've been missing an older experienced head ever since Naismith retired. With Boyce out we need experience on the park, a leader and a talker with a will to win. That's the one thing missing in our team, someone to drive us on against the likes of Killie and Livi.