• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

7 hours ago, Sertse said:

A hearts page said we're looking at 2 free agents. Is it true? Who knows.

Does it even matter considering they can't play in Europe because we missed the registration deadline to bring in players we've known we needed for MONTHS and had the money to bring in a higher standard of player?

Am I annoyed? Yes

Yes

5 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

He’s 35 years old, he won’t be playing on any wing, I’d imagine he’ll play either off Shankland or slightly deeper. 

Boyce replacement, glue in the middle of the park. 

I really don’t get some of the posts that are slagging Snodgrass off before he even kicks a ball for us, ffs give him a break ! I will judge him on how he plays for us.

25 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Like the signing. Short term and past his best, obviously, but an excellent footballer nonetheless. Will enjoy playing with the likes of McKay. Can contribute at our level and may well get new lease of life and thoroughly enjoy it. Hope he brings leadership. ****ing ridiculous this was not done prior to European signing window.

Can he play in any European games?

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Good point! 👍

2 minutes ago, Waterboy said:

image.thumb.png.f95dd898f327f6c1d09d4bfb3518459d.png

image.png.5034af3f1291ecced9b34839e0670217.png

A better comparison would be the team we finished with last season vs current.

Some of the players shown went in January.

3 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

This is the thing. It’s after the window, so we know it’s not as if Snodgrass is taking a place in the squad that we might have gotten someone else to fill. So he’s a bonus. Will he make the team better? Yet to be seen. But we need more cover, and as long as he can operate as a no.10/AM or one of the front 3, then it’s an area that needed more bodies. He had quality, here’s hoping he still possesses it. I’m still a bit ‘meh’ about it, but hopefully it works out.

Believe he is replacing someone who let us down at 11th hour on deadline day. 

3 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

It's a kick in the balls for Grant, if we're panic signing a 35 year old to take his place in the team after 5 games.

We need more than one body in that position. Snodgrass isn’t going to play 30+ games for us this season. 

58 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

54 posts in 16 years. There's a sniff of green on this bitter bitter post.

Sniff of green Mal  ? More like a sleeve full of snotters . And they say we're  bitter lol !

1 hour ago, jam doughnut said:

Goodness. How low can our recruitment ambitions go.

Hardly played over the last 2 years. Hardly plays 90 minutes.

35 years old with no longevity or sell on value.

Hasnt played a competitive game since May. Won’t be match fit ever. 

Will want to take all the set pieces to remind us that he is still on the pitch.

Scraping the splinters off the barrel bottom.

C45CBC9F-0E0A-4F59-84CB-616A8BDB9A63.thumb.png.a996009484266d9f687e64c5f8330458.png

7 minutes ago, One five said:

I really don’t get some of the posts that are slagging Snodgrass off before he even kicks a ball for us, ffs give him a break ! I will judge him on how he plays for us.

Lots of posters with a handful of posts in a decade and a half generally ……………. obviously plenty Hearts supporters not massively convinced too but you can tell the difference quite clearly I think

2 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

One year deal for an experienced player who's been over the course internationally and at top league level, decent bit of business imo. Hopefully he can be registered for Europe.

Yep, would be great to make the knockout rounds 

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Lots of posters with a handful of posts in a decade and a half generally ……………. obviously plenty Hearts supporters not massively convinced too but you can tell the difference quite clearly I think

Correct they’ll appear later with the same shite hoping it will go unnoticed 

Ainsley Harriott
20 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Look them up, Ains. Every season he was with us he was directly involved in - so scored or assisted - a minimum of 10 goals. 

I did numb nuts. You are talking shit it was as follows combining goals and assists 

So only in one season was he involved in 10 or more goals. So you are talking pish 

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

3 minutes ago, Drew Wallace said:

Correct they’ll appear later with the same shite hoping it will go unnoticed 

They are Sad people.

Edited by One five

1 hour ago, WageThief said:

It's possible that we tried to sign someone else and it fell through.  It's also possible that Snodgrass was waiting on something else and it fell through.  It's also possible (but less likely) that we/Snodgrass were holding out for less/more wages.

So no definitely about it really.  And not being able to get who we really wanted isn't bad management anyway, that's just simple logic ffs.

Let down badly very late on deadline day I believe. Just one of those things, everything agreed verbally and then decides to go somewhere else.  Happens a lot in football. Agents looking after themselves rather than their clients at times as well. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Could be a priceless asset at Tynecastle or impact sub away from home. 5 subs these days make this type of player more viable. 

There will be plenty energy around him, a bit like Jim Bett as has been mentioned through the day, win it and give it to Snoddy or Barrie to pick holes 

Dick Dastardly
16 minutes ago, frankblack said:

A better comparison would be the team we finished with last season vs current.

Some of the players shown went in January.

I was thinking the same but, as i can't be ersed doing it, i thought it was cheeky to ask! 😂

south morocco
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Let down badly very late on deadline day I believe. Just one of those things, everything agreed verbally and then decides to go somewhere else.  Happens a lot in football. Agents looking after themselves rather than their clients at times as well. 

Any idea who that was?

Just now, south morocco said:

Any idea who that was?

Fair idea but would almost certainly drop someone in it so no names. Doubt you would have heard of them anyway, I had’nt. 

2 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

The best we've played all season was against Zurich with the 4-1-4-1 and Devlin in a single pivot role. If Snood is good enough at the #10 role, maybe we can roll that out more often.

Think that’s the plan with Kio as the pivot. 

38 minutes ago, sac said:

A wee montage of some Snoddy highlights would give me something to watch on the back shift, I’ll still have to look like I’m busy tho.🤥

south morocco
12 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Fair idea but would almost certainly drop someone in it so no names. Doubt you would have heard of them anyway, I had’nt. 

no bother 

jambo in iraq

Jim Bett played 14 games in Iceland before joining us in his late 30s. Naismith was frozen out by Norwich, Fysass wasn’t getting games with Benfica. And dare I say it craig Gordon only played 18 games for Celtic and is 5 years older! 

I think he’ll be absolute class and just the kind of character the dressing room needs.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Can anyone remember if he’s good at taking corners. @Jamhammer, you might be best at answering this one. 

He has a decent free kick on him and, I’m pretty sure took a fair old corner 

He’s never been over pacey but a good brain and, certainly at West Ham put in a real shift.

As in his interview he is all about the team. Passionate and has a bit dig attitude 

I was gutted when he left West Ham

Hope it’s the same here

1 hour ago, Alan_R said:

Hopefully works out a treat and Snodgrass does the biz but seems a bit of a desperate signing. 

He's always been a wide forward but lacking pace he isn't what I'd think we need

Seems a bit of a square peg I'm a round hole type signing.

Assuming they think he can play the 10 role?

Pretty sure he’ll play the 10

Certainly has done later on in career

Gordon

Smith Halkett Kingsley Cochrane

Devlin Haring

McKay Snodgrass McKay

Shankland

:glorious:

Think the Livi game showed we have a bit of an absence in leadership and experience in the final 3rd. Sure, he's 34 so likely will need to have his minutes managed, but won't be playing in Europe. He's also scored a barrelload across Englands top two divisions over the last decade. We're getting him at the tail end of his career, but I think he'll be a very astute signing. 

56 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He'll make the Bostik.